Mail getting filtered into Junk Email with no IMF installed

I am running a Exchange 2003 server with mostly Outlook 2003 clients.

I have installed Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 4.5, with Heuristic
Spam scanning turned on, and any emails with a SCL >1 being tagged with a
custom X header.

What I am finding is that somewhere on the server or client, anything coming
in with an SCL score in the headers is being filtered into the "Junk Email"
folder, rather than following any rules I set up on the rules wizard.

This is not the functionality I want, as I want the users to be able to
chose whether to filter for spam or not.

I can only assume that this is happening on the client, but when I go into
Tools Options and select the Junk Email settings, I get told that I am not
running in cached mode so the options will not take effect. Even so, I have
set them to No Automatic Filtering, but the messages still get moved.

The IMF is not installed on the server.

Any help would be great.

Clayton

By default, all messages with a SCL of one or greater go into the Junk
Mail Folder. To view the current settings, go to a DOS prompt and type
SMSMMSESAT

This will give you your current threshold settings to force marked
mail to the junk folder ( null means force everything 1 or greater to
the Junk Folder).

SMSMMSESAT/? will give info on how to change the settings to a higher
threshold. ( i.e setting it to 2 will mean those emails will no longer
go into the Outlook junk folder).

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:53:02 +1000, "Clayton Lee"
<Nospam_@_bounce.com> wrote:

>I am running a Exchange 2003 server with mostly Outlook 2003 clients.
>
>I have installed Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 4.5, with Heuristic
>Spam scanning turned on, and any emails with a SCL >1 being tagged with a
>custom X header.
>
>What I am finding is that somewhere on the server or client, anything coming
>in with an SCL score in the headers is being filtered into the "Junk Email"
>folder, rather than following any rules I set up on the rules wizard.
>
>This is not the functionality I want, as I want the users to be able to
>chose whether to filter for spam or not.
>
>I can only assume that this is happening on the client, but when I go into
>Tools Options and select the Junk Email settings, I get told that I am not
>running in cached mode so the options will not take effect. Even so, I have
>set them to No Automatic Filtering, but the messages still get moved.
>
>The IMF is not installed on the server.
>
>Any help would be great.

adavid (8731)

invalid email address

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

Attaching Contacts to new email

POST or GET?

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Emails #3

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Document Viewer installer error

Having problem with spoofing email

outlook 97 and express email problems

get a result of an sql into a field

How do you invoke the Let and Get class Functions
I have create classes with the Let and Get functions and now I would like to use these functions to store and retrieve data in the class which will then be put into a collection. Here is the class functions: Private pBusPart As Double Private pStartTime As Date Private pIndex As Integer '''''''''''''''''''''' ' BusPart property '''''''''''''''''''''' Public Property Get BusPart() As Double BusPar...

Problem sending encrypted email in OLXP

How to get to email from Word

Installing Active Directory connector?
We are installing a 2003 exchange on a 2003 server in a 2000 domain. We also have a 5.5 sp4 machine running on 2000 sp 4, and once 2003 is installed, we are going to move the mail boxes from the 5.5 machine. My question is, do we have to install the active directory connector on the 2000 Domain server, or could we install it on the 2003 server? eotrue wrote: > We are installing a 2003 exchange on a 2003 server in a > 2000 domain. We also have a 5.5 sp4 machine running on > 2000 sp 4, and once 2003 is installed, we are going to > move the mail boxes from the 5.5 machine. My q...

outlook 2007 e-mail