Mail from one person not getting through to another

I have a very curious problem. We have Exchange 2000 running on an SBS
2000 server. All of our internal users  are in the domain and all but
two of them have Windows XP desktops using Outlook 2000.
The two exceptions are graphics designers who have Mac OS/X machines,
have domain accounts (and mailboxes) and access their email via POP3,
using built-in Mac clients.

The problem is this. One of the Mac users, call him M1, can't receive
any mail from one of the XP users, call him X1. What's perplexing are
these things:

1) M1 can receive mail from other XP users,
2) M1 can send mail to all the XP users _including_ X1
3) X1 can send mail to the other Mac user, M2, who can likewise send
mail to X1. (note that, unlike M1, M2 uses IMAP and not POP3)
4) M1 is using no rules (in Outlook speak) to filter X1's messages (he
didn't even know of such capabilities)

I checked the Exchange message tracker for the missing X1 to M1 mail
and found that according to Exchange all was well - the mail got
delivered to M1's local store. Furthermore there were no event log
messages from either Exchange, or from Symantec's SMSE (anti-spam and
anti-virus for Exchange) to indicate that it got junked. There was
nothing in the folders to which I have spam filtered messages
diverted.

I'm flummoxed. Anyone got any clues here?

Have M1 shut down his mail client and log in with OWA for a while and see
what happens.

<stephenjwalter@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a very curious problem. We have Exchange 2000 running on an SBS
> 2000 server. All of our internal users  are in the domain and all but
> two of them have Windows XP desktops using Outlook 2000.
> The two exceptions are graphics designers who have Mac OS/X machines,
> have domain accounts (and mailboxes) and access their email via POP3,
> using built-in Mac clients.
>
> The problem is this. One of the Mac users, call him M1, can't receive
> any mail from one of the XP users, call him X1. What's perplexing are
> these things:
>
> 1) M1 can receive mail from other XP users,
> 2) M1 can send mail to all the XP users _including_ X1
> 3) X1 can send mail to the other Mac user, M2, who can likewise send
> mail to X1. (note that, unlike M1, M2 uses IMAP and not POP3)
> 4) M1 is using no rules (in Outlook speak) to filter X1's messages (he
> didn't even know of such capabilities)
>
> I checked the Exchange message tracker for the missing X1 to M1 mail
> and found that according to Exchange all was well - the mail got
> delivered to M1's local store. Furthermore there were no event log
> messages from either Exchange, or from Symantec's SMSE (anti-spam and
> anti-virus for Exchange) to indicate that it got junked. There was
> nothing in the folders to which I have spam filtered messages
> diverted.
>
> I'm flummoxed. Anyone got any clues here?

0
awebb7472 (650)
2/15/2007 5:22:19 AM
Thanks Andy, but that didn't work. Fair suggestion though - ruling in
our out the recipient's mail client.

So, that's not it.

On Feb 15, 4:22 pm, "andy webb" <a...@swinc.com.spamsucks.com> wrote:
> Have M1 shut down his mail client and log in with OWA for a while and see
> what happens.
>
> <stephenjwal...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I have a very curious problem. We have Exchange 2000 running on an SBS
> > 2000 server. All of our internal users  are in the domain and all but
> > two of them have Windows XP desktops using Outlook 2000.
> > The two exceptions are graphics designers who have Mac OS/X machines,
> > have domain accounts (and mailboxes) and access their email via POP3,
> > using built-in Mac clients.
>
> > The problem is this. One of the Mac users, call him M1, can't receive
> > any mail from one of the XP users, call him X1. What's perplexing are
> > these things:
>
> > 1) M1 can receive mail from other XP users,
> > 2) M1 can send mail to all the XP users _including_ X1
> > 3) X1 can send mail to the other Mac user, M2, who can likewise send
> > mail to X1. (note that, unlike M1, M2 uses IMAP and not POP3)
> > 4) M1 is using no rules (in Outlook speak) to filter X1's messages (he
> > didn't even know of such capabilities)
>
> > I checked the Exchange message tracker for the missing X1 to M1 mail
> > and found that according to Exchange all was well - the mail got
> > delivered to M1's local store. Furthermore there were no event log
> > messages from either Exchange, or from Symantec's SMSE (anti-spam and
> > anti-virus for Exchange) to indicate that it got junked. There was
> > nothing in the folders to which I have spam filtered messages
> > diverted.
>
> > I'm flummoxed. Anyone got any clues here?

Meaning that with the mac client shut down, mail is still being delivered
and disappearing?  Perhaps there's /another/ pop mail client?

Have you turned up any diagnostic logging on the server to see what or who
might be connecting to the mailbox?

> Thanks Andy, but that didn't work. Fair suggestion though - ruling in
> our out the recipient's mail client.
>
> So, that's not it.
>
> On Feb 15, 4:22 pm, "andy webb" <a...@swinc.com.spamsucks.com> wrote:
>> Have M1 shut down his mail client and log in with OWA for a while and see
>> what happens.
>>
>> <stephenjwal...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> >I have a very curious problem. We have Exchange 2000 running on an SBS
>> > 2000 server. All of our internal users  are in the domain and all but
>> > two of them have Windows XP desktops using Outlook 2000.
>> > The two exceptions are graphics designers who have Mac OS/X machines,
>> > have domain accounts (and mailboxes) and access their email via POP3,
>> > using built-in Mac clients.
>>
>> > The problem is this. One of the Mac users, call him M1, can't receive
>> > any mail from one of the XP users, call him X1. What's perplexing are
>> > these things:
>>
>> > 1) M1 can receive mail from other XP users,
>> > 2) M1 can send mail to all the XP users _including_ X1
>> > 3) X1 can send mail to the other Mac user, M2, who can likewise send
>> > mail to X1. (note that, unlike M1, M2 uses IMAP and not POP3)
>> > 4) M1 is using no rules (in Outlook speak) to filter X1's messages (he
>> > didn't even know of such capabilities)
>>
>> > I checked the Exchange message tracker for the missing X1 to M1 mail
>> > and found that according to Exchange all was well - the mail got
>> > delivered to M1's local store. Furthermore there were no event log
>> > messages from either Exchange, or from Symantec's SMSE (anti-spam and
>> > anti-virus for Exchange) to indicate that it got junked. There was
>> > nothing in the folders to which I have spam filtered messages
>> > diverted.
>>
>> > I'm flummoxed. Anyone got any clues here?

0
awebb7472 (650)

Buy X (at different times) and Get Y free
Does anyone know a way to set up a free purchase after the purchase of x amount over time? For example: In my store, I developed a card which allows the 13th purchase of a dozen crickets to be free after the purchase of 12 dozen. However, the 12 dozen are purchased at different times. We punch the card for every dozen purchased. When the 12 dozen have been punched, the next dozen is free and the card is kept by the store. I would like to have the system track the cricket dozens purchased by customer and know to provide the 13th free and get rid of the card system. Retail Realm of...

sbs 2003 mail stays in queue
Hello, a sbs2003 server has a problem with one user. when i send a mail internal or external to this user it comes in the exchange queue but never reaches the mailbox. mailadres is correct. also when i use webmail on the server (server/exchange) and login with that user and send a email to himself it appears in the send items but never in the inbox. Also no errors in the event log. can anyone help me out? regards Marc Hi Mark: What does message tracking show you? Also turn up all logging in Exchange System Manager to max and see what that shows. Or, copy the existi...

External emails not getting to client
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 Enterprise running on Windows 2003 Server. I have 1 user thats not able to receive external emails. Internal emails are okay, but nothing from outside. I used the message tracking center to track specific external emails, and they were received by the Exch Server but the email is not appearing in Outlook or even OWA. The last entry in the message history is "SMTP Store Driver: Message delivered locally to store to User@domain.com. Any ideas? Thanks 1. Use EXMERGE and extract his mailbox to a PST file 2. Delete the mailbox and purge from System M...

Users unable to receive external mail
Hi there, At the beguining, when I started to post on this group I was having problems to install the exchange 2003 server. Now the problem is other. I finally intalled the exchange and configure it to send internal mails and its working fine. But now, my boss ask me to configure it to send and receive external mail and I did so. the is that users can send external mail but cannot receive. I don't know what is the problem. Please can anyone help me? thanks, shayras On 18 Jul 2006 10:30:12 -0700, shayras2004@yahoo.com.br wrote: >Hi there, > >At the beguining, when I sta...

I can't get Outlook to connect to an IMAP4 server
I'm trying to connect Outlook 2000 SP3 (Windows XP Pro, all patches installed, 700 MHz Pentium III, 320 Mb RAM) to Mercury/32 v. 4.01 (Windows 2000 Pro, all patches installed, 350 MHz, 416 Mb RAM). The machines are on a small network running Ethernet (100Base-T full duplex) using a Linksys router/switch. The IMAP server PC has a static IP (192.168.1.222) - the Outlook machine does not. I know that the static IP is correct - can connect to Mercury's HTTP server by pointing Internet Explorer 6 at the IP. I have two problems: 1. When I create an IMAP account, I do not get an...

Mail merging from Excel to Publisher or Word (office XP)
I am a teacher in a Sheffield UK school teaching GCSE. Part of the requirement this year is to mail merge into either Publisher or Word from an Excel spreadsheet. Did the same last year with no problem (office 2000) but with Office XP now have strange results. Mail merged figures (results of formula) now unexpectedly develop either 4 decimal places when merged to Word, or up to eight in Publisher. i.e 14.67 goes to 14.6667 or 14.66666667, This in spite of formating to two decimal places and/or roundup. My solution is to manually convert the numbers to text but this can't be right...

Tough one
MVPs I have a few questions 1. How do we add more than 3 conditional formats ? Macros ?? Any add-in tools available to make life easier 2. Also, can we write macros to trigger some action, not just color cells based on conditions being met 3. How can we get a count and statistics of the cells that have been highlighted due to conditional formats ? I have a big text file with thousands of lines of records and when I populate that into excel, based on some conditions, the cells would light up. Now I would need to get some statistics of which type of formats are most prevalent etc 4. Ca...

Simple hack to get $500 to your home.
Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://uknews.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

windows mail
good morning, I have a problem: when I open an attachment to a message, I get either a message saying that there is no software able to open that file (*.pdf) or It opens in a program which is not the one I want (*.tif) I have checked the table where all these connections are set up, but there it says that pdf files should open in Acrobat reader, forinstance. Can anybody tell me what I shoukd do? yours robert hirschel Do you have a PDF reader? If not, you need either of these. Foxit Reader: http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/ Adobe Reader http://get.adobe.com/reader...

Can you do an e-mail based merge in Pub 2003?
I may be bonkers but I believe before I loaded the beta of Pub 2003 I could merge to an e-mail format in Publisher. The new wizard is good but only offers printing and help dosent help... Is this a capability or not? Publisher now lets you create an HTML publication for emailing through Outlook. It still won't allow you to mail-merge to email. "Thomas Loker" <thomas@loker.com> wrote in message news:#FRZ444WDHA.1620@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I may be bonkers but I believe before I loaded the beta of Pub 2003 I could > merge to an e-mail format in Publisher. The n...

Optimize Exchange 2003 for large mail loads
We have exchange 2003 on a windows 2000 machine configured with basic default settings. It is in a domain setting and we have people that use outlook to pull mail from the server. These individuals receive about 1000 mails a day. When gone to lunch, there are about 2-3 hundred mails when they return. The problem we have is when they log back on and try to pull mail from the exchange. The outlook crashes. When they pull smaller groups of mail through out the day, they are fine. There are only 4 people here that receive mail like this and we've up the memory on the computers...

How do I produce a mailing address list in excel in comma format?
I am trying to send a mailing list to another business. I was asked to send it in excel and in comma format. How can I do this? Hi save your file as '*.csv' file -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "frojeff" <frojeff@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:827653C1-2F5C-40A2-9517-26CAA1C162D6@microsoft.com... > I am trying to send a mailing list to another business. I was asked to send > it in excel and in comma format. How can I do this? File|SaveAs and look for "CSV (comma delimited)(*.csv)" Each worksheet needs to be saved ...

Contacts I need I can't get to show as default contacts address b
With some great help from this site...!(Thanks) I have reinstalled a clean version of OL2007 back to my computer after recovering the C: drive. All seems well with PST but I cant get my old "Contacts" (That I guess that came with "copied" PST) to show as defalt when I want to choose an e-mail address from my contacts. If I click the "To box" I get offered under address book a balnk contacts called "Accounts" If I click the down arrow my contacts are there and if I double click they are live. How can I make them the default. I have right clicked ...

Quoting highlighted text in e-mail replies
Regarding Outlook 2003, is there a way to set up replying to e-mails in such a way that clicking reply will quote the entire message, but highlighting a portion of the original message and clicking reply will only quote that piece of text? Boris <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Regarding Outlook 2003, is there a way to set up replying > to e-mails in such a way that clicking reply will quote > the entire message, but highlighting a portion of the > original message and clicking reply will only quote that > piece of text? Nothing in Outlook like that, b...

Get a list of files on network drive
I have a slight problem getting a list of files that exist on a network drive. I have two ways of doing it that are both slow (~10 minutes). I am only interested in one folder and not subfolders and there are only about 5,000 files in this folder. At a command prompt with a dir command the list of flies is displayed in less than 10 seconds. when I add the switch to write to a text file it takes about 10 minutes using. dir /b >filelisting.txt I also tried putting this in a bat file on the network drive but it still runs locally using cmd.exe So I tried in VB using this code which takes ...

Outlook 2003
This is very annoying. Somehow, the "Outlook Read Mail" bar is at the top of all "Read Mail" windows. I can swap it with the menu bar, but "Outlook Read Mail" goes back to the top with the next message I read. Is there a way to fix this and have it stay fixed for a while? -- John ...

How to embed and e-mail message into a new message with owa??
I have tried to insert and e-mail message into a new message using owa, but when I drag and drop the message to insert into the new message, it appears many codes, not the message itself. Is there any way to do this? ...

How to get incoming emails to the local inbox?
My email-account is an IMAP and therefor i can't use rules to organize my inbox. I would like my emails to also be sent to my local inbox, where I can use rules. Anyone who knows how to get them to thew local inbox? (automatically, I mean) It depends on your ISP/mail provider, do they not support pop mail? eg gmail supports both Imap and pop mail "Fanny" <fanny@gustaverjournalistik.se> wrote in message news:OKwrYalrKHA.1352@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > My email-account is an IMAP and therefor i can't use rules to organize my > inbox. I would like...

Lost e-mails
I had an odd outtage yesterday and while recovering my exchange server pickedup some mail and never delivered it. I use GFI Mailessentials to get the mail as well as POPCONpro. They pick up the mail from the mail host and then deliver it to the pickup directory. It was taken from the pickup directory and I can track it to the MTA queue but then it dissapears. I was wondering if A) anyone knows how to recover said e-mails(kinda throwing that one out there I think there gone knowing exchange) and B) if anyone could help me with the log parser script or program to get a list of the senders so...

can you mail merge in Excel
I have created an enrollment form in Excel (master file) and would like to merge it with data from a different worksheet and then print all of the merged files simultaneously, just like you would in Word. I did not create in Word because some fields require complex calculations. I am not up on macros, so if there is a way to do this w/o macros, even better. Excel doesn't have a merge feature. Perhaps you could do the merge in Word, using the calculations from Excel. Otherwise, you would need programming, to loop through the records you want to print. Ft. Worth user wrote: > I...

Mailing labels
Could someone please tell me how to be able to print more than one address per page on the mailing label site? I am using the Avery 5160 sheets which have 30 labels, and I am needing to place a different address on each one. Cristalle wrote: > Could someone please tell me how to be able to print more > than one address per page on the mailing label site? > I am using the Avery 5160 sheets which have 30 labels, > and I am needing to place a different address on each > one. ===================================== It's always helpful if you include your Publisher version ...

Setting up mail format (Plain Text) for specific contacts?
Does anyone know if it's possible to use a standard mail format (e.g. HTML or RTF) for most messages, but to have messages to a specific contact default to Plain Text instead? Its Ok, I found it...its well hidden though! You need to open up the contact, double click the e-mail address, and you then get the option. mj.redfox.mj@gmail.com wrote: > Does anyone know if it's possible to use a standard mail format (e.g. > HTML or RTF) for most messages, but to have messages to a specific > contact default to Plain Text instead? ...

import contacts from received E-Mail
Hello, if one of our customers receives a E-Mail with Outlook 2003 contact in the appendix, the OWA customer can open the appendix without problems, but it is not possible to save the the new contact in his own contacts. The button "safe and close" is not available (button is grey). Windows/Exchange 2003 native enviroment (last servicepacks installed), Office 2003 SP2, Windows XP SP2 (IE6 SP2) Could it be an administrative task in our OWA config or could it be a security problem? We already have check the MS KB-Article (883575) for the IE6 security and popup-blocker problem. ...

How can I get the version number of the installed Speech API?
Till now my MFC program uses TextToSpeech by means of the Speech SDK and SAPI 5.0. For a certain reason I must now use SAPI 5.1. Therefore I must make in my program the following decision: nothing yet installed => install SAPI 5.1 SAPI 5.0 installed => install SAPI 5.1 SAPI 5.1 installed => do nothing Can I somehow get in my MFC program the current SAPI version number with e.g. a SAPI function or similar? Thanks for any helpful comments. Eddy "Eddy" <Eddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D51C8B3D-4996-43F8-8238-D8F15DC52...

Get The Independent Investor ebook FREE
Dear Friends While searching the net I came across an excellent ebook called The Independent Investor This 75-page eBook will stand conventional investment notions on their collective head, and explain market behaviors that have always been considered "inexplicable" using hard facts and generous price charts. The eBook is an instant and free download Get it now from this link. http://www.elliottwave.com/a.asp?url=/wave/independentebook/?code=aff&cn=6ss Best Regards Deepak Sahijwala ...