Mail flow #3

Hi,
  I have a scenario where I can make mail to subdomain.domain.com work by
setting a connector in Exchange to send mail to a machine where that is the
address space and that works great.  However, along with that I have the need
to make Exchange also realize when mail comes in for that domain to use the
connector to send it out using that same connector; is that possible?  In
essense, I need Exchange to accept all mail for that domain, (recipient
policy?) then send it out using the connector and if sent from inside the
server be smart enough to use the connector (which hasn't been a problem).
The two errors I'm seeing with this is that when Exchange receives mail
addressed to the domain in question it is throwing 5.7.1 and 5.4.6 errors.
Thanks,
Dan
0
Dan4650 (795)

Well as it turns out this was an easy one....  I created the domain in my
recipient policy and made Exchange accept all mail for it.  I didn't set it
active (by checking it) though.  From there I went into my connector and
enabled the "allow to relay" checkbox and whala... it works.  Exchange now
accepts the mail for the domain in question and simply uses the connector to
forward it as soon as it arrives.
Very nice.
Dan

"Dan" wrote:

> Hi,
>   I have a scenario where I can make mail to subdomain.domain.com work by
> setting a connector in Exchange to send mail to a machine where that is the
> address space and that works great.  However, along with that I have the need
> to make Exchange also realize when mail comes in for that domain to use the
> connector to send it out using that same connector; is that possible?  In
> essense, I need Exchange to accept all mail for that domain, (recipient
> policy?) then send it out using the connector and if sent from inside the
> server be smart enough to use the connector (which hasn't been a problem).
> The two errors I'm seeing with this is that when Exchange receives mail
> addressed to the domain in question it is throwing 5.7.1 and 5.4.6 errors.
> Thanks,
> Dan
0
Dan4650 (795)

Why am I not recieving mail?
Every time i click the send/receive button it will always say that sending is complete but receiving is processing. It will come up with an error 0x8004210A. I don't know what to do about this problem. "Laxxer14" wrote in message news:37BE1131-59C8-4DB1-B6EC-80880D397D3E@microsoft.com... > Every time i click the send/receive button it will always say that > sending is > complete but receiving is processing. It will come up with an error > 0x8004210A. I don't know what to do about this problem. Do not describe the error. Do not summarize the error. Do not ...

mail blocked?
Yesterday I installed the 5 critical updates recommended by microsoft. Now none of my e mail is getting through. Any ideas as to why??????? Thanks No, any details on what mail client you are using and any error messages? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Pat <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Yesterday I installed the 5 critical updates recommended | by microsoft. Now none of my e mail is getting through. | Any ideas as to why??????? | | Thanks ...

Ganhar umas massas/Earn real money !!! #3
Se queres ganhar uns Euritos s� tens de instalar esta barra de publicidade, que podes at� minimizar ou fechar em caso de utilizar programas de ecr� completo. N�o incomoda nada, nem consome recursos. Apenas d� dinheiro, �ptima para quando deixas o comptdor a sacar a noite toda... Recebes o dinheiro na tua conta PayPal. http://www.eurobarre.com/index_fr.php?p=373093897695 100% seguro by CrashOverride If you want to earn money just by sitting in front of your PC, just install this Bar that shows some publicity now and then. 100% safe, no malicious ware. http://www.eurobarre.com...

how do i delet e-mails
how do i delet e-mails i outlook 7 it just draws a line through it I think you are working in imap account click on edit and purge messages it should take care or it "day j" <day j@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B617EB3A-24EB-4278-B635-80FCD61F2480@microsoft.com... > how do i delet e-mails i outlook 7 it just draws a line through it ...

Junk E-mail filtering on the client side
Hello, I need to deploy on each users pc a filter that moves the email marked in the header as "spam" to the Junk E-Mail folder. Due to policies where the server is, they cannot delete the emails on the server, so I need to do this on each client. Is there a simple way of doing it? (We use Outlook 2003) Thank you. On 5/27/2005 9:27:38 AM, BullGates wrote: >Hello, > > I need to deploy on each users pc a filter that moves the email marked >in the header as "spam" to the Junk E-Mail folder. Due to policies where >the server is, they cannot delete the ...

Excel formatting #3
Could someone please help with a macro or any other suggestion to format an Excel sheet. Basically data is downloaded from a bank every week and the size of the file can vary but the formatting is constant. That is each record is 7 lines. So first record is line1-7, second record is line 8-14, third record is line 15-21 and so on. I need to format this data and basically I can record a macro for one data set that is for the record on line 1 to 7. My question is how can I set it to replicate so that it replicates for line 8-14 and then 15-21 and so on. The source formatting remains the same...

Can't send mail after Win2003 SP1 ?
All- After some testing in our labs, we decided to upgrade all production Exchange 2003 servers to Windows Server 2003 SP1. The upgrade went OK, but we did notice one anomaly: Our users who connect via IMAP can no longer send messages. They get an NDR to the effect of " ... you cannot relay for this address" whenever they try to send to external addresses. However, all Outlook 2003 connected users can work just fine and send messages to anyone they want. We checked and re-checked the settings, but nothing seems to help. Anyone else seen this? Hints? Jake Update: To fur...

USB 3.0 Client Driver
Are there any changes to a client USB driver required to support 5 Gigabit data transfers for USB 3.0 compliant hardware? Thanks, Harry Harry Graham <HarryGraham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Are there any changes to a client USB driver required to support 5 Gigabit >data transfers for USB 3.0 compliant hardware? To a certain extent, we don't know. Microsoft does not yet support USB 3.0, so we don't have a "certified" host controller driver to use as a basis. The fundamental philosophies won't change, but there will certainly...

Office 2004 update 11.3.9 weirdness
Installed Office 2004 update 11.3.9 when microsoft auto update pushed it down this morning. Any idea why it changed the name of my hard drive to "v bc"? Any idea what to do about that? mac book pro, OSX 10.4.10 In article <1194878374.217619.309200@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>, pattigibbons@nycap.rr.com wrote: > Installed Office 2004 update 11.3.9 when microsoft auto update pushed > it down this morning. Any idea why it changed the name of my hard > drive to "v bc"? Any idea what to do about that? > > mac book pro, OSX 10.4.10 The Office updat...

Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Mail - Contacts - Backup - under Windows 7 Formerly with Outlook Express I used backup software to make a copy of the Windows Address Book and save to my backup media. I was hoping to do something similar after moving to Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail (WLM). So far I've had little success in finding the folder/file where WLM keeps the contacts in Windows 7. I know I could export to a CSV file each time I do a backup, but boy what a pain that would be. Can someone provide a pointer to info on where the file(s) is/are located? (it would be a bonus if the...

Windows Mail
I do not know how to set up windows mail. I have Windows Vista. My home page is Charter.net. & I also receive my e-mails from there also. Would like to be able to us Windos Mail also. Would you be kind enough to e-mail me on how to set this up? Thanks jtr4557@charter.net Jim Rogers Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish Adding a New Charter Account in Windows Vista Mail http://www.charter.com/customers/support.aspx?supportarticleid=1781 -- ...

How Migrate mail account from SendMail to Exchange 2003
Hi... a new infrastructure has been created,new domain in Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003. I need to migrate the mail accounts that are in a Sendmail to Exchange Server Some idea or suggestion? If you are using Outlook with Sendmail, export the user mailbox to PST file. Once you have the users Exchange Mailbox created, import the PST file into the Exchange Mailbox. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "[TkT]" <TkT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5E545A6-35E8-4F42-8FE0-E43469F21B0A@microsoft.com... > H...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 with Entourage
Evening All, I currently have a client who is running 2 Apple Macs (iBook G4 & iMac Intel Core Duo). They are running SBS2003 Premium for their server and Entourage to connect to Exchange. Given that Dynamics connects so nicely into Outlook, will it work nicely with OSX & Entourage? At the moment this is about the only thing stopping me rolling it out. Regards, Greg Microsoft Dynamics CRM has no support for Mac and OSX at all. Your only option would be to have users connect to a pc from a mac and run crm that way ie a terminal session ============================== John O...

Optimization of MRMS VER 1.3
hi there is there any way of optimization of mrms 1.3 version to increase the overall perfomance of the system , like deletion of old journals,worksheets etc is there is a way , please let me know to increase the speed of the system to my users. thanks in advance Archive the old data - redice he size -have latest version of 1.3 updates. Specification of your hardware, server, and networking. Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = "rizwan" <rizwan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50087A1D-10F6-42A8-9BB0-E92F3CF51725@m...

How do i leave a copy of a mail in a server
Hi, I have been using outlook beta version i tried to leave a copy of mail in a server but i dont think so that the option exists in it . Please help in this Thanks Balaji.S http://www.serverintellect.com/support/email/outlook-leave-on-server.aspx Balaji wrote: >Hi, > >I have been using outlook beta version i tried to leave a copy of mail in a >server >but i dont think so that the option exists in it . >Please help in this > >Thanks >Balaji.S -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/outlook-setup/201...

Long URL hard wrap in plain text e-mails in Outlook 2003
When I send an plain text e-mail in Outlook 2003 containing a long URL (beyond 76 characters), this breaks the long URL where users cannot click on the complete URL. In Outlook Express 6 SP1 I could change the plain text to Quote Printable to avoid this issue. How can I do this in Outlook 2003? I do not want to change the text format from plain text to HTML or Rich Text, I need to use plain text. Thanks. I found my answer and this solves the problem for me in Outlook 2003: Line Wrapping Does Not Appear As Expected When You Send E-Mail Messages in Outlook 2003 http://support.microsoft.c...

Junk mail filtering in Outlook 2003
How can my users enable junk-mail filtering from Outlook 2003 without having access to OWA ? I can't find the equivalent of the Enable junk-mail filtering switch in Outlook 2003 ? Any help appreciated. TIA Rudy Steyaert 1) Navigate in Outlook 2003 to the menu 2) Tools | Options 3) Goto the Preferences Tab 4) Click Junk E-mail... button 5) Options Tab Geoff Pearce Nemx Software "Rudy Steyaert" <Rudy_Steyaert@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eRepsaNzEHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How can my users enable junk-mail filtering from Outlook 2003 without havin...

3 pst files
I want to have 3 pst files on my Outlook 2003 setup. Is this possible? I have the pst file that I work now and 2 others which are pst files from an old laptop which I want just to be there as separate. How can I do it and shall I do Import or is there any other way. thanks Virginia Don't use the import feature. Simply reconnect the pst-files via; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... You can place the pst-file in a location that is convenient to you. For instance in a sub folder of your My Documents folder called "Outlook". -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Out...

Cannot install the 3rd Exchange 2003 Server #3
Hi All, Please help me. I cannot install the 3rd exchange Server 2003 on windows server 2003 Std with SP1 and without SP1. My AD is Server 2003 with SP1. The other 2 Exchange Server is 2003 std with SP2. During installing a new Exchange computer into the organization, I receive the following error message: Setup failed while installing sub-component Site Replication Service with error code 0xC007054B (please consult the installation logs for a detailed description). You may cancel the installation or try the failed step again. And the log is have the following error: [19:50:13] DS or RPC is b...

mail not deleted off server
I am using Outlook 2002 on Windows 2000 Pro accessing a POP3 server. Mail is no longer being deleted off the server. Just keeps being downloaded again and again. I have: - tried repair option - uninstall/re-install - wiped out and compacted mail files - deleted all rules - cussed, swore and jumped up and down I have also set up Outlook Express to rule out ISP. Express has no problem removing mail from the server. TIA, Rick "rick campbell" <rick_soup@ rogers.com> wrote in message news:lxgCc.465343$Ar.147937@twister01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... &g...

creating an e-mail account
i,m trying to create an e-mail account using Windows Vista Mail and they want me e-mail server(incoming and outgoing) and don't know what those are? What do you suggest i do? "tshepo moloi" <tshepo@creditmatters.co.za> wrote in message news:4F06074A-403D-4299-BFE4-A96B8B40C68F@microsoft.com... > i,m trying to create an e-mail account using Windows Vista Mail and they > want me e-mail server(incoming and outgoing) and don't know what those > are? What do you suggest i do? Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windo...

New mail alert
can't stop Live messenger from issuing new email alertsw. I have checked & unchecked the boxes in Options - Alerts and they keep happening. It is usually not a problem, till it really get going with Photoshop. Anything else to try? ...

Add color font on Signature E-mail
I cannot change the color of selected lines on my signature line of Outlook Express E-mail. I have copied and paste, but it continues to come out only in black. Any Help would be appreciated. Thanks Ron C <Roncannons@aol.com> wrote: > I cannot change the color of selected lines on my signature > line of Outlook Express E-mail. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Setup #3
I am trying to setup Outlook 2003 for email accts. I cannot get it to work. I have wireless Sprint internet and generally use Yahoo for my email. I am forgetting something? Can someone help me? Yahoo help & FAQ's on how to setup? "Sharon" <Sharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53A4DBFC-8301-4052-B243-8C3EAD8B3465@microsoft.com... >I am trying to setup Outlook 2003 for email accts. I cannot get it to >work. > I have wireless Sprint internet and generally use Yahoo for my email. I > am > forgetting something? Can someone hel...

Web E-mail
I would like to recieve my yahoo mail in OutLook EXP. I annot figure out how to do this. Can anyone help? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicr...