mail enabling public folders

I would like to mail enable a public folder, It is my understanding that
this is normally done through ESM :

    ...First Storage Group | Public folder store|Public Folders

     Right-click the folder and select tasks, the mail enable.

Here's problem: when I right click, I just get 'help' and 'properties'. Do I
need to turn something on to enable the 'tasks' option?

BTW, I'm running Exchange 2003 Std in native mode.

Thanks,

Steve

Hello,

Yes, this can be done in ESM but in another location...
Under the Administrative Group --> Folders --> Public Folder --> Select the
Folder.

Right Click --> All Tasks --> Mail Enable

Thanks

Fadi Nabil

"Stephen M" wrote:

> I would like to mail enable a public folder, It is my understanding that
> this is normally done through ESM :
>
>     ...First Storage Group | Public folder store|Public Folders
>
>      Right-click the folder and select tasks, the mail enable.
>
> Here's problem: when I right click, I just get 'help' and 'properties'. Do I
> need to turn something on to enable the 'tasks' option?
>
> BTW, I'm running Exchange 2003 Std in native mode.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

0
FadiNabil (8)
10/16/2006 4:29:02 PM
Bingo!

Thanks.

Steve

"Fadi Nabil" <FadiNabil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Yes, this can be done in ESM but in another location...
> Under the Administrative Group --> Folders --> Public Folder --> Select
> the
> Folder.
>
> Right Click --> All Tasks --> Mail Enable
>
> Thanks
>
> Fadi Nabil
>
> "Stephen M" wrote:
>
>> I would like to mail enable a public folder, It is my understanding that
>> this is normally done through ESM :
>>
>>     ...First Storage Group | Public folder store|Public Folders
>>
>>      Right-click the folder and select tasks, the mail enable.
>>
>> Here's problem: when I right click, I just get 'help' and 'properties'.
>> Do I
>> need to turn something on to enable the 'tasks' option?
>>
>> BTW, I'm running Exchange 2003 Std in native mode.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Steve

Limitation of Outlook Pesonal Folder
Hi Guys, Can you give me a reference where I can find information about limitation of personal Folder of MS Outlook? If its possible that the information was stated the maximum size (GB?) Thanks, Mark Here is a link to an article that talks about the Personal Folder file size limitation for Oultook 97-2002, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;296088. Outlook 2003 has a much larger limitation and here is a link to an article that discusses its limitations, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;830336. I hope this information is helpful. Robe...

Format Issue of Windows Mail and M.S. Group
Hi: When clicking to open any mails including this site, MS Newsgroup, top right pane of 'X' part is not visible. In the past, I used 'Shove-It' program that was found on the web-site, priced $15 that corrected this issue. However, this program is no longer effective, thus it went back to the original format, .... not fully opening content of mail of right side of pane, although I can read any mails by using 'maximizing bvutton' to open in full. Any imputs on this, above would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, "Winter10" <Winter10No...

Receive mails from one adr. to several computers
Hello. I have a problem receiving mails from one adr. to 5 computers in a network. One of the computers get's all the mails. They should all receive the mails. All the machines run's win Xp and office Xp. Outlook on all computers are set to store the mails on the server, even though they have been received on a computer. When I check my WebMail, the messages are still there! Please help. Nima ...

mail sending problem
Hi , I am very new in the exchange server just now I have deployed Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 at my organization now i have some problem in that . I am able to send mail outside the domain except yahoo .whenever I am sending mail from my exchange mail id to any yahoo mail id it is showing me mail has been sent but on yahoo id it is not delivering even I am not getting the DFR, second I wants to know that can we take the backup of single mail box (boxs) and please tell me step by step how can we take backup (at least the location ) Thanks in Advance Madi The most probable reason is t...

Enable Canadian Tax Detail option should update cost on receipt la
Would like the Enable Canadian Tax Detail option in the Company Setup Options window to work like how Landed Costs work. For example, if I select to post my tax detail to the Inventory account, I would like it to not only update my Inventory account in the General Ledger, but also to update the cost on the Receipt Layer in Inventory so when the Item is sold, it will sell at the Item Unit Cost plus the tax amount. The voucher created in Payables Management would just include the Item Cost without the tax amount. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft re...

Can't send e-mails from Outlook 2003 after SP1
After installing service pack SP1 for Office 2003, I can't send e-mails anymore. They are stuck in the outbox folder. The error message states that the connection to the server was interrupted. I did not change any settings and checking them confirms that everything is as it should be. Did anyone else experience the same issue and how did you resolve it? Thanks for your help Matthias See if you can manually move those messages from your Outbox and then check all your settings again. "Mattliusa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cb7401c48a5...

Incoming mail server problem
I use supanet for the internet and recently had to clear off a load of viruses and worms from my computer. Computer is clean now. I've run up to date spybot. adaware and cleaned all viruses with Mcaffee internet security as well as running stinger. Sasser, and W32 pate.b were included. Have also completed all windows updates. Everything is working fine now except my email. When I restart the computer my incoming mail server keeps changing from pop.supanet.com to a strange number. 9eg 17.02.01.10 or something similar) It also changes the user name from 3612 to 3612@supanet.com (It adds su...

Mail is queued after adding 2nd server
I was hoping someone might have some insight into this issue. I've just completed adding a 2nd server to my first site. All mail between the two servers is getting queued; doesn't matter which server it originates from. Mail to the original server from the internet as well as auto generated emails is still functioning correctly. We're running Exchg 2003 SP2 and Win2k3 on both servers. I've also gone through the Best Practices and fixed the minor issues it listed. Thanks, Chris Can you telnet to port 25 from each server successfully? Are the servers located in the same su...

Apply current view to all folders
Hi, I would like to apply a certain view to all sub-folders within my inbox and would like to do it without having to go to all my folders. I have many sub and sub-sub folders. I have looked and looked for an 'apply this view to all folders' button or the like but can't find. Can anyone help?? Thank you, Tracy Rhodes ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Me again... bottom line.. How can I make every message and information look alike wit...

Outlook 2003 unable to open mails or contacts
After upgrading from Office XP to Office 2003 I am not=20 bale to access any item in Outlook 2003.=20 The Error message which will be displayed if I try to open=20 a message is: Microsoft Office Outlook: Out of memory or system resources. Close sone windows or=20 programs and try again. Microsoft Office 2003 Professional is running on two=20 different operating systems: One is running XP professional,=20 The other is running Windows server 2003 enterprise=20 edition. Always the same result. If I reinstall Outlook from Office=20 XP Professional I am able to read all mails without any=20 fau...

email to Public folder gets NDR
When I try to send a message to PF I get a NDR and following message in Application log Event Type: Warnin Event Source: MSExchangeTranspor Event Category: Exchange Store Driver Event ID: 32 Date: 31.05.200 Time: 9:50:2 User: N/ Computer: XMAI Description The following call : EcLocallyDeliverMsg2 to the store failed. Error code : 1238 (Message-ID <C8F74733BF2C7E4888545664F83970FC47162D@xmail.1111.ru> will be NDR'd). MDB : 0a07ea5d-c42f-41d6-9b26-1b91ceddf4dd. FID : 1-41. MID : 1-23E6CB. File : . But some other users can send messages without problems.. What does this error code(...

Checking mails with MS Outlook closed?!
Hi, is it possible to have MS Outlook notify me of new accounts in a minimized status. i.e. i have a low memory and i don't want extra programs to be opened on my computer. i want to have outlook closed still i want it to to checkup my imcoming mails and provided i should have new mails it would popup and notify me accordingly. is that possible in outlook? if not, is there any program that could do that? regards, eqbal Outlook can't do anything if it's not opened. Is the mailbox you're checking a POP3 mailbox? If so, there are a number of very small programs that c...

How to Restore Public Calendar Permissions
Most of the items on our public calendar were deleted. We restored the items by copying them from a .pst which was extracted from a backup. Sometime afterwards we found that users could not see items on the calendar until they displayed the previous month first and then the current month. Users cannot print items from the public calendar (it appears blank) and they cannot change items that they created previously. They are able to create new items. We've tried making everyone an owner just to see if anything changed but the results were still the same. I'm assuming that all ...

Mail Merge #2
In Publisher 2002 is it possible to print a roster of Mail Merge data base records showing multiple entries per page? I'm essentially looking to print a phone book type list with Able, Ann (222) 222-2222 on the first line, Brown, Bob (333) 333-3333 on the second line and so on. Any help would be appreciated. Not difficult at all if you make a custom size small in height label the width of the page. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ...

Rehoming public folders Exch5.5
Hi, Iinstalled a new Exch5.5 Serv into our existing site and decided to rehome public folders using Admin console and MS Article Q185043. Serv1 NT4SP5 Exch5.5SP4 is to removed from site Serv2 is the new server Win2kSP3 Exch5.5SP4. My question is why do all my public folders (hidden view) still show in the recipent container on serv1 after being rehomed 5 days a go to serv2 but under the public folder hierarchy all my folder properties state the home server as Serv2? The only step i havn't perform in the article is 'propagate these properties to all subfolders' and clear all optio...

Newly acquired company mail?
Hello all... I've been assigned a task that I can't seem to find any good info on while browsing the net. Company A has acquired companies B and C and would like to be able to give all newly acquired employees access to both e-mail domains. This would effectively give all new employees two accounts (one from companyA and the other companyB/C). I'm looking for a quick rundown on how best to set this up. If anyone can help I'd be forever gracious. Thanks! Randy 1. You can Merge the accounts of B and C to the Exchange environment of Company 'A' 2. Configure Rec...

Opens to Personel Folder by default...How to Change?
I cant seem to find a setting anywhere that will let me change Outlook 2003 to open right up to the Inbox. It keeps going to the Personel Folder....Even right after a clean install....Anyone I know that uses Outlook never had to set anything and it always went straight to the Inbox. Any one know how to change this?? THANKS! Darren, Outlook toolbar: Tools/Options/Further/extended options/Folder with program start Do you search this setting? -- Oliver Vukovics Outlook Network without exchange: Public OutLook Share your Outlook PST with several users! http://www.outlookstore.com &...

E-mail Template Question 07-14-03
Is it possible to have an e-mail template in CRM that has a Microsoft Word document attached to the template? -- $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $ $ Nick Maxwell, MCSE 2k, CCNA , A+ $ Systems Engineer $ Heartland Business Systems $ http://www.hbs.net $ nmaxwell@nospam.hbs.net $ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ...

The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. #2
Hi, I've just setup Exchange Server at our office in Mumbai, India, and am facing a very unusual situation. Our domain is hosted on a remote server with 10 POP E-mail id's defined as follows: jtalpade, tshaikh, pshanbhag, mshriyan, mmanjrekar, rumap, adivate, rtalpade, schourasia and rramesh On my exchange server, i have defined the following users: tshaikh, mshriyan, mmanjrekar, rumap, adivate, rtalpade, schourasia and rramesh I have kept "jtalpade" & "pshanbhag" out of the exchange server user list as they reside in a different city, viz Delhi & ...

Authenticated mail
Hi! I hope someone can help me. How can I configure my Excange 2003 and my Outlook 2003 to just accept autenticated mails Thaks for your help Drfine "authenticated mails". -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "lmelm" <lmelm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:220565B7-2357-424F-B5C7-20EE1E5EC4E7@microsoft.com... > Hi! > I hope someone can help me. How can I configure my Excange 2003 and my > Outlook 2003 to just accept autenticated mails > Thaks for your help > On Tue, 13 Sep ...

Mail and Catalog merge problems
This is a two part question. The first part concerns an error and the second part is seeking advice. First the error: I am trying to create a data source for use in a catalog merge. No matter what method I use, even using "Create Address List" from Publisher's Tools menu, I get an error dialog saying: "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or database engine failures. Please try again later." What causes this and how do I correct it? I would like to be able to connect to a SQL 2005 database for merge data. Now the request for advice: I am cr...

Multiple D/L of POP3 mail, broken mailto: link in IExplorer
Hi Pro's: I need a doctor. Here's the patient and the symptoms: Outlook 2002 SP2 running in XP-Home SP2, Send mail in HTML Mode, No Exchange server. Running on 2.4 mhz., mega memory and huge HD About a week ago my OL2002 began acting up with the following symptoms: 1. Will freeze frequently requiring a shut down then restart in safe mode. It will temporarily fix itself until the next freeze a few minutes later. 2. The interface between IExplorer and OL2002 is broken, IE will not open OL2002 3. In OL2002, When I go to open a new blank email template OL2002 will freeze a...

Lost my Sent items folder
I recently cleaned up the too many e-mails I had in my inbox by creating a series of personal folders to organize and store them. So far so good. Next I noticed that my sent items folder was a subfolder of my deleted items folder (don't know why) Which I promptly emptied ..DOH!! Now I do not have a sent items floder, it vanished. My e-mail is going out OK but the mail shows it is staying in the outbox folder.This is all new to me, and I sincerely do not believe I messed with these folders (other than emptiying deleted items) I am running XP and Office 2003, and it is a corporate machine. ...

Error in receiving mail mode
Hello, When I open outlook express 6, it tries to receive mail, but after a minute the following error pops up "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'bruce', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F". Does anyone know what the problem could be? Thanks in advance, Bruce This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. F...

Net Folders #2
I just bought a copy of Outlook 2002. What happend to Net Folders? Has that feature been removed? Are there any ways to share a calendar without Exchange? gbs Hello Gregg, Net folders were skipped in Outlook 2002. Now you have to use third-party solutions. Have a look at www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm or at my signature. Thomas Wetzel Outlook sycnhronization - quick and easy www.synchpst.com ...