Mail enabled public folder - mail showing up with "note" icons instead of envelope icons

We have several mail enabled public folders, or public folders that have
distribution list membership. When an email message arrives in the public
folder, it appears with a "note" icon instead of an envelope icon when we
view the contents of the public folder in Outlook. I have Googled this but
cannot find anything and am hoping to avoid using up a support case with MS
on it. Anybody else have this problem?

David-C-NetAdmin

In news:IFGwf.1230$SD1.244@tornado.texas.rr.com,
David-C-NetAdmin <reply-to-group-please@reply-to-group-please.thanks> typed:
> We have several mail enabled public folders, or public folders that
> have distribution list membership. When an email message arrives in
> the public folder, it appears with a "note" icon instead of an
> envelope icon when we view the contents of the public folder in
> Outlook. I have Googled this but cannot find anything and am hoping
> to avoid using up a support case with MS on it. Anybody else have
> this problem?
> David-C-NetAdmin

See if http://support.microsoft.com/?id=817809 helps.

0
lanwench (7567)

Notes or comments in formula bar
Hello, I vaguely recall an article I read that mentioned I could insert a note or comment into the formula bar. Can someone tell me how to do that? I'm not talking about Insert-> Comment. Example: If I were to have A1+B1, there's a trick that will allow me to add a note within the formula bar such as "this formula adds apples and oranges." Thanks =A1+B1+N("Type Note Here") >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >I vaguely recall an article I read that mentioned I could >insert a note or comment into the formula bar. Can >someone...

Outlook Notes #4
How do you change the look of Notes from full-screen to a smaller size. There are no drag handles or "top right hand corner" options. Sounds like you dragged it too big or maximized it. Can you double-click the blue bar at the top? <-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-> Hope this helps! Anne Troy (better known as Dreamboat) Author: Dreamboat on Word Email: Dreamboat*at*Piersontech.com Web: www.TheOfficeExperts.com "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:170d701c420ee$0960a350$a001280a@...

Item Notes
We need to frequently update and add notes for items in Great Plains 9.0. Updating existing notes is very simple since a noteindx entry already exists in the SY03900 table. Adding notes is a different issue since the noteindx is 0 and no enty exsits in the SY03900 table. Has anyone created a routine in which to bulk load item notes which will create the correct noteindx entry in the IV00101 table and an entry in the SY03900 table? Does anyone know where the system stores the last noteindx value? Thanks The next note index is stored in the NOTEINDX field for the specific company i...

Sort these notes by date
Is there any way to sort these notes by dates? If I do a search by my name they come back in random order. It would be most helpful if I could sort by date so I can see the most recent ones first. And by "these notes" you are referring to? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Rich Wheeler" wrote: > Is there any way to sort these notes by dates? If I do a search by my name > they come back in random...

Sync Contacts with Office Live, no notes field?
Hi all, Attempting to get my Contacts synched from Outlook into Office Live. However, any contacts that have entries in the 'Notes' field in Outlook generate an error during the sync. It appears there is no notes field in the contacts bit of Office Live. Is this correct? Any way around it? Andy In article <slrnhu2dej.28o.andy@atom.gently.org.uk>, Andy Hawkins<andy@gently.org.uk> wrote: > Hi all, > > Attempting to get my Contacts synched from Outlook into Office Live. > However, any contacts that have entries in the 'Notes' f...

how can i print the notes of powerpoint presentation slides?
i want to print my notes so i have them in front of me (not on the comp screen), but if i print the powerpoint presentation, only the slides are printing..... please help! On the print menu, there is a field called, "Print what:" wherein you can select "Notes Pages". "Luisa Grey" wrote: > i want to print my notes so i have them in front of me (not on the comp > screen), but if i print the powerpoint presentation, only the slides are > printing..... > > please help! ...

one note opens all folders
For a couple of weeks now onenote opens all the folders on my computer as the default. I just want it to do the 'explore' option as normal. It only opens folders in onenote, not the documents or other file types contained within them, they open as normal. I've tried to reset the defaults for folders through control panel with no success. I've read you can delete a key in the registry to fix this but I'm not sure about doing this. My computer runs vista and onenote 2007. I'm not sure what's caused the problem, my computer's aniti-virus Kaspe...

Convert a lead to an account-transfer the notes
When you convert a lead to an account….is there a way to transfer the notes? -- Thank You, Robert Harrison Portland: 503-345-9176 ext 814 Seattle: 206-686-3254 ext 814 Gateway Solutions Inc www.GSIcrm.com Certified Microsoft CRM Solution Partner Hi Rob, Try to do this with callouts at the PostCreate of an account. Read all the notes from the originated lead and create those notes on account as well. Kind regard, Stephen Maij QNH Solutions "Rob Harrison" <RobHarrison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04B78485-6DAC-4BD8-B87C-E16C6BBBDC98@microsoft.com....

Public Folder Note Information!
In the Outlook Address Book, Public Folder information shows a Notes: section Now, I know you can edit this notes section in 5.5. How do you edit it in 2000? ...

Notes Attachments
Has anyone figured out how to upload or download an attachment from a note via the SDK? The SDK has processes for doing this, but one of the parameters required is the GUID of the attachment. From what I can see, there isn't a way of looking up the GUID from the note. Am I mistaken? ...

Problems with date and time on Notes.
I have just started using Outlook Notes. I note (no pun intended) that the date and time on some Notes updates to the current date and time each time I open it. How can I fix things such that the date and time remains set at the date and time the Note was created? Got it. Do it in the code, don't try to do it in FP. "Chris Mitchell" <chris.a.mitchell@NOSPAMbtinternet.com> wrote in message news:%23XUJeVoBIHA.5752@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have just started using Outlook Notes. I note (no pun intended) that the >date and time on some Notes updates to the ...

Notes Connector for Outlook
Hello, I have tried the Microsoft add-on (Notes Connector for Outlook) which seems to be great, but I have one problem with it : It seems to automatically synchronize the Notes database into a .pst file, while I would simply want it to read/connect to Notes through Outlook with synchronizing. The reason is that my company uses Notes on Terminal Server (very convenient as I travel a lot), I have installed Outllok and the Connector on the TS as well but it means my e-mail file is there twice (Notes then the Outlook sync), taking a lot of space. It's actually even worst, the sync seem...

Outlook 2002 notes connector
I've installed the Lotus Notes connector and am successfully using it to read my notes mail, calendar, ect.. However, when the connector synchronizes with Lotus Notes, the synchronization run for an extremely long time 1/2 to 1 hour at times. I've moticed that Microsoft has a post SP2 hotfix for this issue. Anyone know how to get the hotfix? Microsoft does not make it available for download on their website...what do I do? Thanks Me http://support.microsoft.com should help you with the formalities "Me" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Help with a new "Aggregate Notes" form
Hi Everyone, Hopefully you can help me out here. I'm looking for an elegant solution to an obtuse problem. Our sales guys enter notes via their company contacts in CRM 4. However, when someone is looking for an overview of the activity on the account, because the notes are at the contact level - they have to drill down to view them. What I would like to do is introduce a new form that would be listed on the left hand side of the "Company" form, in the details section (in with activities, sub-accounts, contacts, etc...) that acted as a "Notes Aggregator", simila...

Lotus Notes Calendar Synchronization with Outlook Calendar
Hello All! Does anyone have any recommendations for software that will allow a user that has both a Lotus Notes Calendar and Outlook Calendar to synchronize? I am researching a solution that may allow a consultant to have their calendar information available for other Exchange users without configuring the Exchange Server to talk directly to a Notes server. Thanks in advance, Dave I have not herd of any software that does this. "Dave" <someone@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:zroGc.164$fVC.28@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > Hello All! > > Does any...

Conversion of lotus notes address book to microsoft outlook contacts
I just bought Microsoft Outlook. I have all my addresses in Lotus Notes. Is there a way to import the addresses into Microsoft Outlook contacts? ...

HELP!! Notes won't restore
Hi Everyone: I use Notes alot in Outlook. The other day I maximized a note and now I can't restore it to its original size. I went into Tools- Options - Note Options and changed the size to all thrr options but still every time I open a new note it take up my entire screen!! Can anyone help me out? Thanks for your time, Bill Double click the title bar. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Bill asked: | Hi E...

Wrong Note Time
Hi, I have a problem in CRM 3 where the date and time for every note in a particular case is exactly the same, despite being added into the case over a number of days. Does anyone have any idea what may cause this? Thanks. ...

PO Line Item Notes
All, I have a client that needs to use lengthy notes that appear on the Purchase Order. They use the Item Record notes for inventory items (and I have already done the appropriate linking and mods to show these notes on the PO). The question comes from non-inventory items. The line item comment is not long enough for their needs. Is the best idea a VBA mod or can anyone recommend a 3rd party app that might streamline this process? -- Tom Crawford, CPA, MCP Tom, Without having to go for a VBA or third party that might involve some investment for the client, you can choose to have ...

Serial number notes
We would like to have Serial Number level notes to track particular issues with that item/serial number such as warranty support issues, part replacement and warranty registration. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolut...

Lotus Notes Integration 01-07-04
Has anybody had experience of Microsoft CRM working with Lotus Notes, is there a "connector" or does anybody know of plans to release such connectivity in the future. CRM will not work with Lotus Notes. It requires Exchange for it's email functionality. "Great Plains" <mark.a.pepper@btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:%23F4TQFQ1DHA.716@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... Has anybody had experience of Microsoft CRM working with Lotus Notes, is there a "connector" or does anybody know of plans to release such connectivity in the future. And I wouldn't ...

One Note Product Key
As with Mary, my product key does not work for One Note. Trying to find a way to contact MS is difficult. Any suggestions? What version of OneNote are you using? Where did you get it from? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "NR3" <NR3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80CD8D33-3201-467D-B494-3B4C70E18C11@microsoft.com... > As with Mary, my product key does ...

lines of text...notes box
I have created a custom database for our marketing woman, I have designed the table and layout...but I have created a Notes box for the user to enter information into. But the notes box is getting full and I would like to configure it so the notes box can be unlimited rows or attach a text file to the table if needed...I have read somewhere thatg the notes box is limited to 255 lines is that right?? any help gratefully recieved but please be aware I dont know much about access Hi Mister Bobzi, Rather than defining the notes area as a Text field, make its properties a Memo field. A M...

Lotus Notes
I am looking at evaluating MS CRM for my company and I wondered if its possible to use Lotus Notes/Domino as the email server. I use the notes server to send email via SMTP from various apps (eg ISA server,MOM). All the documentation talked about Exchange Ian Ian, Notes is the reason we have yet to migrate to MSCRM and we are a Certified CRM Partner. MSCRM requires Exchange and will not work with other mail servers. Matt "Iand" <isdixon@nopsamhotmail.com> wrote in message news:eebNqO1gDHA.988@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... I am looking at evaluating MS CRM for my company and ...

Printing Item Notes on Receipt
I sell classes and would like the date and time of the class to print on the receipt. We ring each class as a different item. Is there some way to print a note on the receipt for certain items? Thanks for any info. This would help us a lot! Daniela Stout Cozy Quilt Shop Daniela, How about Sub Descriptions? First Sub is the Date, Second is the Time. To make them print and display, SO Manager | File | Configuration | Options tab | Items options | checkmark Show Item Subdescriptions and/or Show previous defined... -- * "Daniela" <Daniela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...