Mail-enabled contacts vs Administrative groups

Hi,

Since my Exchange 2003 was switched to native mode I'm not able to
select a administrative group where I want to create it. Is that
normal?

"Jocelyn" <thefreefly@gmail.com> wrote:

>Since my Exchange 2003 was switched to native mode I'm not able to
>select a administrative group where I want to create it. Is that
>normal?

Since those are just AD objects I'm not sure I understand why you
care.

When Exchange had its own directory the "site" owned a directory
object. But Exchange doesn't have its own directory anymore.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Naming: Subform Control vs Subform Itself
What's the best rule of thumb for naming subform controls? It is better to name them differently from the subform name? -- Thanks croy I always name the forms being used as subforms sfrmXXXX, and the control subXXXX, but there's no real reason for that. Whatever you find most convenient. Remember, though, that sometimes you have no choice. Don't forget that it's possible to use the same form multiple times as a subform on the same parent form. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "croy" <croy@invalid.net>...

Sending Mail problems
client, Outlook 2002, SP2 server, Exchange 5.5, SP4 When I send an email it just sits in the Outbox until I click on either my Inbox, another email, or another folder, then the email will send from the Outbox and appear in the Sent Items. Also, I constantly need to hit Send/Receive to check for new emails. I checked all my settings and Outlook is setup to send/receive Immediately when connected. Am I missing something? Any advice would be appreciated. I'm having the same problem and also posted the same question (about an hour after you did, as it turns out). If someone res...

Insert CRM Icon (i.e. contact) into Outlook menu bar and use hyperlink
hy, my customer doesnt like to access the contacts, accounts etc via the folder structure in outlook client - much too complicated.. he wants a "shortcut": I inserted the CRM icon for contact list view into the Outlook Menu bar and added a hyperlink, problem: with the following hyperlink: outlook://Microsoft%20CRM/Workplace/Customers/Contacts a new instance of outlook is opened. so after klicking 5 times on my contact ican, I have opened outlook 5 times... if I add the hyperlink: \\CRMserver\.... etc... I dont open the contact in the outlook view but open an internet explorer wind...

WORD vs. EXCEL: How to Optimize
Hi all... I have a fairly complex spreadsheet that also incorporates lots of legal text. The app allows reps to enter info about prospects, and it computes pricing, generates legal documents, and other info. Clearly, EXCEL handles the math, but is weak with text. Depending upon certain inputs, different blocks of text may be used. Ideal world: utilize the best of both. Question: should I make this a WORD_centric document or an EXCEL-centric document, and how to set up the links between the two. Many thanks... /Randy Randy, It depends in part on the layout you want. With Excel, you ge...

Contacts onto a Mysql database
Hello, I am in the process of transfering data and contacts onto a Mysql database. I have had some help and am trying to get a software solution. So main features would be to migrate large amounts of data and contacts every day. The migration would be done manually. Thanks for the help On Tue, 4 May 2010 08:53:01 -0700, Guertas <Guertas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I am in the process of transfering data and contacts onto a Mysql database. >I have had some help and am trying to get a software solution. > >So main features woul...

Sending email from "Contacts" folder
When I am in my "Contacts" Folder and I try to click the E-Mail option on the menu bar at the top, I get an error message stating "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action." even through I have set up Windows Live Mail as my default email program in the Control Panel Defaults. How can this be corrected? The current version of WLM doesn't use those contacts. It uses contacts stored in edb files located in C:\Users\<yourlogin>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts. The Contacts folder is for Windows Mail compatib...

Filtering Messages To Receive Only From Your Contacts?
Anyone know how to create a filter list that you will only accept mail from people on your contact list in Outlook and/or Outlook Express. I just dont understand why is it that Hotmail and Yahoo mail can do this seamlessly. I have tried to mess around with the filter settings, but with no luck. Even if you get mail from people on your list to your box and the rest goes to the trash bin like hotmail would be great. Thx Rob Outlook 2002 has this built into Rules Wizard. In earlier versions, = you'd have to add each contact to the rules individually.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Out...

How do I enable OWA 2003 change password faclility.
Guys, Is there a way one can enable the password change facility on OWA 2003 running on Exchange 2003? I need to make this work so that users connecting through OWA can change their account passwords. Thanks -- Buchi Hi Buchi, The information is outlined in the following Microsoft KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297121 Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9EB7ADB-024B-43A7-87BB-0FD2587892D4@microsoft.com...

Time calculations for Scheduled Time vs. Actual Time Worked
I am trying to make a simple schedule worksheet for a manger to use to calculate the time he schedules an employee to clock in and out and what it will cost him in regards to his allocated budget and then to be able to compare it after the job is completed. BUT time calculations have thrown me for loop and I am stuck for hours on trying to calculate time fields. PLEASE DEAR GOD can someone help me. Below is a simple example of my worksheet. A2 (Time IN) = 1:00 PM A3 (Time OUT) = 5:00 PM A4 (Time Worked) = 4:00 (h:mm format) Formula A3...

Enabling change password on second virtual OWA
Is there a way to enable Password change other thatn in the default web site that holds the Default OWA? I created a second HTTP virtual OWA, with a different SSL Certificate and domain name on the same Server. Everything works will, except that the Change password does not work, even after setting-up the iisadmpwd and adjusting the metadata base to have PasswordChangeFlags set to ). Any help here will be appreciative Manny ...

Sweet & simply - how do I enable a macro?
running excel 2k; All I want to know, is how do I enable a macro. I don't care if the sheet opens & ASK's if it's OK to enable macros - I want to know how to do MANUALLY - whatever the "yes" answer to that question is doing? What pulldown / button do I access to enable macros? And PLEASE don't tell me I have to lower my security! ;-) So - in sum - I want to manually enable macros without taking my security off high. I've searched help (yes, I actually try this first, I don't know why - I almost never get an answer I want); searched the groups, found no...

add items to a contact
I would like to know if it were possible (and how, maybe with a plugin) to add items to a contact in outlook 2003. In concrete, as I have seen in Agilix Gobinder 2005 or Tabletplanner, in a contact one can add persons (spouse, sons, assistants, etc) and then add to each of them items (birthdays, anniversaries, etc). In the calendar view, these family celebration dates appear so one would be able to recall them. Gobinder and Tabletplannet can sync with Outlook , but unfortunatly, these added items have no counterpart in outlook, so they are missed in outlook. Any help, please? Jaume You...

Partial quantity cancel in Contract Administration
We're looking for a way to cancel only some of the quantity of a line item in the Field Service Contract Administration module. For example: Item A Qty 10 Was invoiced as qty 10 Customer calls and says I only have 8 please cancel 2. Right now we have to cancel all 10 and then rebill them on a separate contract for 8. It's VERY time consuming. Is there a way to do this through the normal cancel process of a contract? I guess NOT. The standard Cancellation Procedure is designed in such a way. And even the standard process will cancel the remaining "Amount to be Invoiced&...

To be able to have multiple contacts per vendor address
I received a suggestion at convergence to be able to assign multiple contacts to each vendor address ID (cards | purchasing | vendor | address). Then when you are entering purchase orders you should be able to select from a list of contacts in the Purchasing Vendor Detail Entry window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-base...

Opportunity needs to display Account and Contact
We are using opportunities to track our forecasted sales. There are multiple contacts with an account, so Opportunities are linked to the contact person. However, when viewed from a list of all opportunities, it just diplays the Contact Name - not the underlying acount the contact is associated with. We need to have the company name on the account also displayed. Any ideas how to do that? I thought about mapping accountid on the contact records to the opportunity and then displaying that field...but it is a system field with a data type that cannot be added (Lookup). Any other ideas, abs...

using Query Based distribution groups between domains
I am trying to use query based DG's for passing world wide notificatons across domains. I have a global QBDG containing QBDG from our 3 child domains. When I am sendin an email to this DG the email only reach the recipients in the domain where the global dg is placed, none of the the recipients in the other child domains gets the email. When I do a preview on the global DG the child domain qbdg is visible so it looks as if it would work. Any ideas appreciated. Sounds like an issue with the expansion server. Have you considered setting the expansion server to try and work through t...

how do I import my address book from another e-mail account
I have peoplepc as my current isp and want to cancel that account. I need to export my address book to a .csv file in order to import it into my outlook account. How do I do this Once Outlook is set up and running, Import your csv file, within outlook "chivagirl" <chivagirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:920E815F-A2D0-4578-AA74-D2CD6D138E05@microsoft.com... >I have peoplepc as my current isp and want to cancel that account. I need > to export my address book to a .csv file in order to import it into my > outlook account. How do I do this ...

Planning Account, Sub-Account, Contact, structure.
Making the jump from a contact centric CRM product to MS CRM 3.0. How are other network services companies structuring their CRM 3.0 accounts/contacts? I am struggling with the best way to convert the logical structure of our client base to the CRM structure. Example of a multi-site company we would typically work with: (Logical Structure) Main Office Remote Office 1 Remote Office 2 Home Office 1 Home Office 2 Contact 1 Contact 2 Contact 3 Contact 4 Contact 1 is the primary contact for Main Office, Remote Office 1 and Home Office 1. Contact 2 is a secondary contact for Main Office an...

attachments become unreadable and mail turns to winmail.dat
Hi, Since I upgraded part of the organisation to win2k3 AD and 3 out of 6 servers tot exch2k3 I'm having problems with users using outlook2000 to send mail with PDF-attachments. At first send half up to three quarters of the addressees reply that the attachment is unreadable, if you forward the message which was originally sent to these users they can read it most of the time, sometimes a third forward is required. Any ideas what might be the problem. Apparently outlook Xp and Outlook 2003 don't have this problem. Furthermore, since last week some mails have their attachments...

How to make my email address in my signature block a mail hyperlink?
Why can't I make my email address in my signature block of my Outlook 2000 appear as a hyperlink? In other words, it looks like my email addy but when someone clicks on it I want it to bring up the new mail message window with my email address already filled in. Try prefixing yer address with mailto: as in mailto:spin@spin.com That seems to works even in OL's plain text mode. On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 03:09:28 +0100, "DL" <david.littleboy@DONTBUGMEpgen.net> wrote: >Yr email address is allready contained in any mail you send,ie 'reply', why >would you...

POP mail Inbox in Outlook 2007
I recently installed Outlook 2007 (on an XP Pro SP2 box) and imported all my mail from Outlook Express. This worked fine. I'm used to using Outlook with Exchange Server at work which has a Mailbox containing Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted Items, Junk Mail, etc at the top with lots of Personal folders underneath; but at home I'm using POP/SMTP mail and all the folders are grouped together. With the way the mail folders are set up now, the Inbox is halfway down the (alphabetically-sorted) list instead of at the top of the list the way it used to be in Outlook Express. Can I detach the...

Cannot sign into money AND windows lived ID says there is no such e-mail as I was using as my Windows Live ID
Tonight when I logged into Money Essentials, my user ID, which is a hotmail address came up but the password (which I did have written down elsewhere) came up blank. After a couple attempts to sign in with correct password, I went to my hotmail account, which took me to a windows live id web page, which informs me there is no such e-mail. What can I do to get access to my data again? Help! TIA Jim addendum.... I created the same hotmail ID and password again but Money is still not happy. Do hotmail accounts disappear if not used for mail? I never did use the mail portion. On Sun, 18 Jan...

Additional contact list on exchange 5.5
Hello All, Please recommend. How do I create additional address book on Exchange 5.5 that contain a list of external e-mail contacts? Do I create an addition recipient container? But, doesn't that also create additional mail boxes as well? All I want to do is add a list of additional e-mail address (Vendors, customers, etc..Contacts) on Exchange Server so all of our internal users can bring up the information from the address book instead creating their own contact list on their local machine in Outlook. I hope this explain well enough for you to understand. Sorry for my bad english. T...

Internal VS External Access to Exchange Server
Hi all.. Problem: Internal Domain Name of domain.local External Domain Name of domain.com Exchange server named server.domain.local and RPC port published on mail.domain.com How do you publish DNS data for laptop users who wish to move seamlessly between internal connectitivy to the server.domain.local and external connectivity to the published RPC port on mail.domain.com??? (Pls without using hosts file as this is a bit of an issue with senior managers) Thanks Jay On Thu, 12 May 2005 13:13:23 +0100, "Jason Fitzpatrick" <jason_fitzpatrick_nospam@hotmail.com> wrote...

External Mail problem
Hello All. I am having a problem with receiving mail from external sources. I have a security group with it's own email address to which all members receive messages sent to the group. My problem is when an external user attempts to send an email to the group's email address, they receive error 550 "No such user". How do I enable this group to receive mail from external sources Thanks. ...