Mail Enable an AD account does not create email address or X.400 address

Platform: Exchange 2003 with ADC to 5.5
Windows 2003 Server

Recently, when we create a new AD account and mail enable it, the exchange
tabs show up and the mailbox is created on the exchange server, but the
Email Addresses tab is missing the SMTP addresses and the X.400 address.

Is this a RUS thing? I just rebuilt the RUS and it has not appeared yet (30
minutes). Any ideas?

Thanks,

FastEddie

Try restarting the System Attendant as this controls the RUS service.
Restarting the SA will stop all the services it is reliant on i.e.
Informaton Store so make sure this is done when no users are attached to the
server.

Regards

Paul Ford
Edge IT Ltd

"FastEddie" <fasteddie@therockwells.net.no.spam> wrote in message

> Platform: Exchange 2003 with ADC to 5.5
> Windows 2003 Server
>
> Recently, when we create a new AD account and mail enable it, the exchange
> tabs show up and the mailbox is created on the exchange server, but the
> Email Addresses tab is missing the SMTP addresses and the X.400 address.
>
> Is this a RUS thing? I just rebuilt the RUS and it has not appeared yet
> (30 minutes). Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> FastEddie

0
paulford1 (138)

invalid email address

Creating connecting arrows for process flow charts
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is it possible to create connecting arrows which snap between process flow chart boxes such that when you drag the boxes afterwards the arrows will stay connected with the boxes? Unfortunately [?] Word got the short end of the stick with the new graphics engine � probably due to time constraints. Apparently it isn't something that can be resolved by an update... At least it hasn't been so far. If the SmartArt Graphics won't provide what you need create your flow chart in either Excel or PowerPoint...

AD Sync problem

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

Attaching Contacts to new email

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Invalid Account on the Security Tab
I deleted an account from AD, and it was listed under the security tab of my server (in ESM), to have full mailbox rights to the information store. I tried removing the inherited permissions, and removing the acct. The I set the inherited permissions back, and the invalid acct. comes back. Does anyone know how I can remove this invalid acct. from the security tab? Thanks. Remove it from the top-level where it was granted permissions. When you set inherited permissions and the account comes back, that means that that account has been granted permissions at a higher level. If you'v...

Emails #3

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

How to create an autonumber field?

Having problem with spoofing email

outlook 97 and express email problems

How to get to email from Word

Business Portal should allow requisition to be added to issued PO
The printing of a PO changes the status of the PO from New to Released (signifying the release of the PO to the vendor). Once a PO has been released, it will not show as a PO you can add items to from business portal. The current design of the product only allows you to add to POs with a status of New. Adding an item to a Released PO should trigger a change order. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not ...

Problem sending encrypted email in OLXP