mail enable a public folder

HI,

I am using Exchange 2k3.  How do I create a mail enabled
public folder?  TIA
0
anonymous (74722)

In the last exciting episode, "bob"

>HI,
>
>I am using Exchange 2k3.  How do I create a mail enabled
>public folder?  TIA

Right click the folder in the ESM and choose mail enable.

--
Chris Scharff
MessageOne

-- ROT13 for valid SMTP address --

Public Folder #19
Dear All, We are running with MS Exchange 2003 and having Public Folders on that Server. Need to export the Public Folders from one server to another server (different Domain). Please help me in this to solve the issue. Regards, Digvijay Public Folder data can be copied to PST files. Here's a site with a list of tools http://www.microsoft.com/technet/technetmag/issues/2005/05/BlogTales/default.aspx "Digvijay Singh" <DigvijaySingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD790B28-0EEB-4BD2-AA6F-339E77B2C969@microsoft.com... > Dear All, > > We are...

Managed Default Folder for Calendar Items
Does the rules in a managed default folder work for calendar items which are not sent (example a meeting request with no recipients)? ...

Number of e-mail Acccount Limitations???
I am using Vista home addition with Outlook 2007. I have 8 different e-mail accounts that I check. When I open some of the e-mails, ones from Dell or Costco etc, with any graphic content a blank page opens. If I click on the reply button I can read the e-mail but not on the main page. There is plenty of memory so that should not be a problem. I called support at Dell, and after paying a fee was told that there were too many e-mails accounts for Outlook to handle. Does anyone have this problem and is there a fix for it. Thanks I can tell you that Dell was wrong in telling you Out...

IMAP accounts not recieving mail in scheduled send & recieve

Import Windows Mail groups into Outlook 2007?
I successfully imported my Windows Mail (Vista) contacts, but the groups (distribution lists) didn't come over. Do I have to create them all over again? Yes. Well known. Groups in Windows Mail have no counterparts in Outlook and cannot be imported. Create Distribution Lists if you think you need them. Categories work better. -- Russ Valentine "Lynn" <Lynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5EFD6CF4-4FCD-4110-A2D6-03FAC7C12209@microsoft.com... > I successfully imported my Windows Mail (Vista) contacts, but the groups > (distribution l...

E2K3: How can I modify folder permissions via script
Hello NG, how can I modify folder permissions of an Exchange2003 mailbox with windows Scripting Host or VB6 or whatever? I need such kind of script to add delegation for OWA 2003. I found an MS article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;295558 Does anybody know, if I can use this for Exchange2003? Thanks Petra ...

Folder Bar in Outlook 2003?
In Outlook 2002 (XP), if you clicked on the currently open folder's name, the bar that the folder name was on would turn into a drop-down list of folders. You could then click on any folder in that list and Outlook would open up that folder and automatically close the drop-down list. The Folder List was also available, which remained open until you closed it. In Outlook Express, the bar I am referring to is called the folder bar. I am not sure what it was called in Outlook 2002. In Outlook 2003, we now have the Navigation Pane, which also contains the Folder List. However, there seems to ...

message rule for outgoing messages (sent items)
How can I set a message rule for all outgoing messages to be auto-copied to another folder? In other words, how can I have all messages in my "sent items" folder automatically copied (as they are entered) to another folder? I have MS Outlook Express 6. ...

merging mail servers
Two companies merged together. Currently we are still using both mail servers. We want to get everyone using the same mail server and on the same domain (e-mail, not AD) Our current setup is both sites are on the same AD domain. All e-mail comes into a mail gateway and then gets routed to the correct mail server depending on which domain it was sent to. We are unable to complete the move in one night and need to somehow link the mail servers so I can move users one at a time. How can I set this up in Exchange (sorry, running 5.5 on old server and 2k3 on the new main server) so that the o...

export public folder data?

Mail-Enable Public Folders #3
Is it possible to mail-enable all public folders in a tree in one hit? Thanks On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 16:16:01 -0800, Help <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to mail-enable all public folders in a tree in one hit? >Thanks Exchange 2003 SP2 permissions wizard will let you do this. ...

LOST MAIL Outlook 2000
I need some help from people with technical knowledge of Outlook 2000. Here is the issue. My PC had to be reformated and Windows, MS Office, etc reloaded. I identified the directories I wanted backed up before the hard drive was reformatted. My Outlook 2002 Directory was one of them, but I didn't export the messages to a file using a comma delineated format before the backup was done....instead the directory was backed up with the inbox, address book, etc. keeping their original file extensions There is no .pst file in this directory. Filed extensions in this directory are: .nch; .msf; ...

Exchange 2003 and public folders
Hi all, This question has probably been discussed earlier in this group, but I have not been able to find what I am looking for so I have to give it a try. I have just migrated to Exchange 2003 Enterprise version 6.5 (Build 7226.6: Service Pack 1) and I really want to use "Public Folders" instead of ordinary mailboxes to handle e-mail where several users needs to access these e-mails. However, I have found some problems using this approach because the users are not able to see if any other user has accessed and handled the messages. I have found several articles describin...

Slow opening folders when inserting attachments
I run Office 2003. Now, when I create a new message and I wish to add an attachment I click on the paper clip icon. The "Open" dialog box appears. If I click on the "Look in" drop down box, the white field which displays the current folder disappears. It reappears about ten or so seconds later. I then click on the up button to navigate to the folder where the desired attachments are located. However, when I drill down to that folder, again, Outlook sits there for around 10 seconds before the folder is opened to display the files. It does the exact same thing with Excel an...

Microsoft CRM e-mail integraition
I'm currently in the process of evaluating Microsoft CRM for use in the support function. I've managed to have email sent to an email address from external addresses to be directly routed to an Queue, but email from internal addresses (same Exchange server) does not appear in the queue. Also, I'm wondering if there's an easy way of converting an email to a support case? Regards, Anders Thorsen You can convert an email to a support case by building a custom function using the API. Mike "Anders Thorsen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Problem Creating a New Folder Using Outlook
I keep getting a message saying message from server that it failed because such a new folder already exists when it clearly doesn't! Ay ideas please? Any useful information please? Version? How you tried to create one? WHERE you tried to create one? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head-scratching, Colin asked this group: | I keep getting a message saying message from server that it fai...

Enable / Install OWA?
Hi guys, I have successfully installed Exchange 2003 on my Windows 2003 server; and I am able to access my newly created mailbox using Outlook. But, how do I enable / install Outlook Web Access? I was told that I could access it by simply pointing my browser to the URL: http://ExchangeServerName/exchange, but I get a HTTP 404 from that URL. Your help is appreciated. Thanks a lot! George ...

Adding SMTP connector stops mail
Hi I have just added SMTP connectors to several of our sites to forward outbound external mail through a smarthost for virus scanning. These sites work perfectly however the other sites that do not have the SMTP connector (just Routing Group connectors) now cannot send external mail. Do I need to add an SMTP connector to every site, even if they do not need the smart host? Should the cost on the '*' Address Space be lower or higher than my site to site Routing Group connector costs? Many thanks A routing group connector should enable you to send mail. All an SMTP connector...

Public folders Exchange 5.5 problem
Hi everyone, I have a problem with Exchange 5.5. I was doing the segregation of my old stuff and i was trying to transfer the massages from the public folders to the "podfolder also public, but there was a communicate that it is impossible to move some of them. So i decided to copy them to the archives public folders, but the problem is that after this operation deleting 1 massage is taking 20 - 30 seconds. When i would like to delete a 1000 messages it would take few hours. Does someone know what is going on with that? Piotr ...

Forwarding Mail #3
How can I forward all mail for a particular mailbox to an external email address on Exchange 2000? "Lee Taylor" <services@webdevplus.com> wrote: >How can I forward all mail for a particular mailbox to an external email >address on Exchange 2000? > Create an AD contact with the external email address. Use the delivery options on the AD Account properties to forward messages from the account to the contact. Tick the box to deliver to both recipients if necessary. Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm Blog: http://www.msexchan...

Mail Merge Printing
Hello All, I recently tried to print about 500 postcards with addresses using Mail Merge from Publisher 2003. I sent the print job over my network to a Minolta 5430DL. After the job completed I found about 100 postcards missing. It appears that the first 192 were printed fine, then the following pattern emerged: postcard 193-212 NOT PRINTED (20 cards) postcard 223-232 NOT PRINTED (10 cards) postcard 253-272 NOT PRINTED (20 cards) postcard 283-292 NOT PRINTED (10 cards) postcard 313-322 NOT PRINTED (10 cards) postcard 343-362 NOT PRINTED (20 cards) postcard 383-392 NOT PRINTED (10 cards) Any...

OUtlook e-mail sending errors
Hi all, We have begun the roll out of MS CRM within our organisation but have gotten into some problems with the Outlook integration. Whenever we link an e-mail to CRM and try to reply to the sender we get this error: "An error occurred while trying to send the e-mail. Try again." This also happens when you try and start a new CRM e-mail. Can anyone help us out here? Thanks in advance Eddie Geller ...

Two Archive folders (UNC or drive letter)
I set up my archive to save to a user folder on our network. It shows up in my Outlook folder list twice. When I click on Data File Management, there are two entries pointing to the same Archive.pst file, one using the UNC, the other using the assigned drive. Can I remove one? Or will that wipe out archive.pst for both entries? On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 09:08:03 -1000, mlwallin <mlwallin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I set up my archive to save to a user folder on our network. It shows > up in > my Outlook folder list twice. When I click on Data File Management, ...

Mail notifier when checking other users folder.
Hi. I have created a mailbox for a department at this company I working for. Three persons has access to the departments mailbox and everything works just fine. For a minute ago, one of the user give a call and wondering if there is any possibility to have a notifier that notice the user when there is a mail in the box. He is notyfied when he got a mail in his own box. Is there any possibility to get a notify when a mail reaches the departments mailbox? We are using Outlook 2002 at this company. ...

Outlook hijacks mail
I was forced to install Outlook while trying to get a handheld to sync, and then decided that Outlook is simply not worth the trouble, so I uninstalled it. As an unintended and annoying result, Outlook Express claims it is now not the default mail client when invoked, and would I like it to be. Tools|Options|Make Default does NOT "stick". Reg-cleaning did -not- free my mail/news from bondage to Outlook. How to set OE as default mail client? Laurie whati s the default in IE's tools, options, programs tab? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, T...