mail domain connection

I have a question on exchange 2003.  I currently use a 5.5 server and it is
setup to send mail to another mail server.  For example, if mail comes in for
our regular email user@domain.com it stays within exchange 5.5.  But if it is
attempting to deliver to user@server.domain.com, echange 5.5 routes it to
that server.domain.com.   This is setup under IMS>connections tab>email domain

My question is how do I set this up under 2003?

Thanks,

How do you edit records in mail merge?
Help states to go to Mail Merge Wizard, then there will be an Edit Records button. Can not find it anywhere. Only edit recipients. Help! You can only edit the records in your data base. You can create a new publication in step 5 of the wizard, you then can edit the records. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Bridget" <Bridget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A222F48A-A8B2-4BF8-97F3-E60BE1CA020C@microsoft.com... > Help s...

3 Different Domains for 3 companies but 1 MX Domain
We have 3 different companies (subdiaries) and 1 Domain MAIL (Domain XYZ.com - Internet). We all have a combination of Exchange 5.5 (Site 1), Exchange 2000 (Site 2 and 3). Our Domains are NT (Site 1), 2000 (other 2 Domains). We are all basically separate companies (IT Administration wise) with exception that we all hosts under same Internet domain mail. Question: What technology is being used to allow the mail for Internet domain XYZ.com to flow through 3 different subsidiaries? A high level description would be appreciated - thx! "RC" <rc@mailme.com> wrote: >We h...

Error message whilst writing several e-mails
When using Outlook and writing/send several messages "offline" I keep on getting a pop up screen which informs me thatthere was an error whilst trying to send and receive (Code: 0x80070288). How can one disable send/recive whist offline? Thanking anyone in anticpation of this most annoying pop up What version of OUtlook and have you applied all relevant Service Packs for your version of Office? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading...

Mail Merge Hyperlinks
Hi Folks - I've seen posts similar to this, but with no resolution ..... I use Outlook 2003 Contacts/Word 2003 to create an email Mail Merge. I start the merge from Outlook. In the merge document, I include the Outlook web page field, which is an hyperlink. Once the merge completes, the "hyperlink" is converted to text in the merge email. Is there anyway I can preserve the hyperlink format? Thanks in advance. Michael Did you create an actual hyperlink in the merge document? Are you = merging to HTML format? What build number of Word (check Help | About)? --=20 Sue Mosher, ...

Can I move a mailbox while the user is connected to it?
Hi, Can I move a mailbox to a new Exchange Server while the user is connected and using the mailbox through Microsoft Outlook? Thanks in advance Faustino Well, yes, but the user will not maintain their connection :-) It's generally not recommended to move mailboxes while Outlook is active - it normally shoudn't cause problems with the actual move, but different version of Outlook behave differently when the connection is forcefully closed. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Faustino Dina" <ffdina@matusa.com.mx> wrote in message news:O8tO2tQwEHA.1400@TK2MSFTNGP11...

new http connection creation
Hi, I'm having problems creating different http connections from the same client application. I have two threads which use separate CHttpConnection objects that come from different sessions - yet they seem to be going over the same tcp connection which causes a problem for me. What do I need to do in order to have them going through two completely different tcp connections? Thanks! Dmitriy I think I have already answered this... :-) "Dmitriy A" <dima600eb@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:vpqdnWVbWrXCb7bdRVn2tA@giganews.com... > Hi, > > I'm having p...

Mail Input
I have a regular correspondent whose messages are sent via his employer, a local bank. He receives my messages without any problems. However, when he sends a message to me it arrives in my 'Deleted' folder. I have tried re-directing his messages with the Outlook Organize tool without success. This is the only case in which incoming mail does not go to my Inbox or my SPAM folder. Is there another way to re-direct his messages to my Inbox? Thanks, Bernie Beal The only way for Outlook to move incoming emails directly to the Deleted Items folder is when you have a ru...

Cannot send internet mail
Hi, When I send message for instance in my yahoo email account this is the error message “Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients” mymail@yahoo.com 550 not local host yahoo.com”. I installed the exchange server 2003 in the second server “additional domain controller for the existing domain” can you advice if I did something that is not right during installation? Thanks in advanced and hope to hear from you soon. Regards, Rusty ...

How to accept SMTP mail from specific IP adresses
I would like to filter my SMTP mail traffic so that it is only accepted from specif IP addresses. Does anyone know where I would set these up within my configurtion. Yep , on the SMTP protocol , Properties. Under the properties select Access and there you have the RELAY. Grant permissions only to the IP's you want. This should do it. "Steve" <sjferr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c37701c43866$ae428070$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to filter my SMTP mail traffic so that it is > only accepted from specif IP addresses. Does anyone know > where I would set t...

5.5 to 2k3...2 domains. how to...
nt4 bdc running 5.5 in NT4 domain A w2k member server running 5.5 in NT4 domain A w2k member server running e2k3 in W2K3 domain B (ADC on here) can move mailboxes no prob. no mail flow either direction between the main 5.5 box (the nt4 bdc) to the e2k3 box .. ADC prob? creating a 5.5 account on the NT4 bdc creates a disabled account in the 2k3 domain.. i'm assuming the adc is working and this is a connectors issue. suggestions? thanks ...

Error When Trying to Send an E-Mail
Every time I try to send an e-mail I receive this error "None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient" Has anyone ever had this problem before? ...

Can possible if need to use SFO without join to mscrm domain?
Anybody had idea for these case? The SFO computer must be joined to the domain. It is not possible to install or use SFO otherwise "phong" <hattha9@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eGZ$BxyRFHA.1236@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Anybody had idea for these case? > Dear Peter, Thank you very much for your information. Do you know about reference site for SFO process flow or SFO process diagram Thank you, phong "Peter Lynch" <peter.lynch@optevia.com.SPAMFREE> wrote in message news:OHr6pGzRFHA.1176@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > The SFO computer...

Opening internet links in mail
When I try to open any internet link sent to me in email it automatically starts installing Adobe Acrobat Reader. If I have internet opened first it does not. Help!! ...

outgoing mail attachment is very large.
Mail stuck in Outbox trying to send. I want to clear Outbox. How to stop or delete an email in progress? Sergio G wrote: > Mail stuck in Outbox trying to send. I want to clear Outbox. How to stop or > delete an email in progress? Delete an item stuck in the Outbox folder: - Load Outlook. - Put Outlook in offline mode (File -> Work Offline: enable). - Exit Outlook. - Load Outlook in its safe mode ("outlook.exe /safe"). - Delete the stuck item in the Outbox folder. If you don't want the item to move into the Deleted Items folder, use Shift+Del to ...

after installing the Ex 2003 SP2 it block sending to some domains
after installing the Ex 2003 SP2 it block sending to some domains like yahoo.com and some important domains I've SBS 2003 Premium and installed the SP2 for the EX and edit the registry correctly to increase the storage Exactly what happens when you send to Yahoo? Rymon Saad wrote: > after installing the Ex 2003 SP2 it block sending to some domains like > yahoo.com and some important domains > > I've SBS 2003 Premium and installed the SP2 for the EX and edit the registry > correctly to increase the storage -- Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm for how to mak...

Outlook Sends Non Exchange POP3 Mail Using Exchange, 553 rcphosts error results...
We recently moved one of our clients email servers. They have both local exchange accounts and external POP3 domain.com accounts setup in exchange. Domain.com is still their email server but it now has a new IP. For some reason outlook appears to be sending the external email through exchange even though all the outgoing servers are setup for the account to use the external mail server. The emails bounce back to the internal account with the following error even though they were send from the external account: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcphosts (#5....

Could not send to a domain..
Hi, The domain name for Exhange 2003 is abc.public but when I try to send an email to a domain called abc.com, it failed and the sender receive a NDR from the same Exchange server. I did checked the Message Tracking and find out that before the "SMTP: Non-Delivered Report (NDR) Generated" event, the event is "SMTP: Message Categorized and Queued for Routing". Why I could not send to abc.com ? Please help.. Thank you. Rgrds, Zul Can we see NDR? Zul J wrote: > Hi, > > The domain name for Exhange 2003 is abc.public but when I try to send an > email ...

Mail Folder Appears on Desktop when I start Outlook
I recently set up Outlook 2007, which included importing e-mail messages from Windows Mail. When I start up Outlook, it creates a folder titled Mail on my desktop with nothing in it. While this doesn't appear to have any use, it is annoying to have this appear again the next time I start Outlook even after deleting it previously. I am not sure if it is related to my importing mail from Windows Mail, because I believe I designated a folder on my desktop (possibly titled "Mail") for my Windows Mail messages in order to import correctly. But then I deleted it (and most of...

Print Preview and e-mailing Publisher attachments
I am a new user of Publisher and have two questions : (1) I compile a 40-page village magazine using Publisher 2003. When I select PRINT PREVIEW I often see images displayed which belong to different pages. Why is this happening and what can I do to prevent it? (The document itself prints OK) (2) In words of one syllable, please!, how can the magazine editor and I exchange this (upto 4.5MB) document by e-mail? Our ISPs won't allow us to send e-mails this large. The answer to # 2 - Convert it to a .pdf file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "QUILL" <...

Hiding e-mail address in the To: box Outlook 2003
Is it possible to send e-mail to a list of recipients without any of the other recipients being able to see the e-mail addresses of the others? I have tried various ways, but in my tests the addresses of everyone on the list is available and visible. -- FrankO Either use a mail merge or the BCC field. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, FrankO asked: | Is it possible to send e-mail to a list of recipients w...

"New Mail Message" etc shortcuts in Outlook 2003
I just upgraded from 98 to 2003. In 98 there were shortcuts for creating a new mail message, new task, new contact, etc. You could put them on Office Toolbar, on QuickLaunch, or anywhere. I can't find a way to do that in 2003. Is there a way? dave Since the Office toolbar was removed from Office 2003, where do you want to put the shortcuts? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no ans...

relocate mail files top the E;drive
Hello Can I get Windows mail to store my files on the E:drive so I can back them up more easily ? Thanks KK Backup the message store first. See www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx Create a new subdirectory on your E drive to hold the message store. = Then in WinMail go to Tools | Options | Advanced | Maintenance | Store = folder and then change the location to the subdirectory of E. Then = close WinMail and then reopen it and when you reopen it, it will then = relocate the message store to that subdirectory. If it fails, its = likely due to permissions issues on the destinat...

Exchange 2007 forwarded mail contains a Resent-From: header
Hello, I asked this before but got no response. Exchange 2007 adds a Resent-From: header to messages that are forwarded based on active directory forwarding. In other words you create a contact with and external smtp addres and then have the an exchange user configured to use that contact as an alternate recipient. When the user receives a mail it is set to the alternate recipient. In Exchange 2003 this was operation was transparent other than an additional Received: header. In Exchange 2007 a Resent-From: header is added. Is there a way to supress this header? Thanks Bill ...

Problem receiving mails
when I send an email from one mail box it arrives without a problem when I send a diffrent mail from a diffrent mail box to the same user it doesn't arrive and I can't find whats wrong I get the following error messages: Technical details of temporary failure: TEMP_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 12): 451 Timeout waiting for client input and after a few days 3-4 I get the following error message: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 11:15:18 +0200 (IST) TCP active open: Failed connect() Error: Connection timed out Mon, 07 Nov 2005 03:11:51 +0200 (IST) TCP active open: Failed connect() Error: Connec...

Publisher News letters for e-mail distribution
I believe many of us Publisher users who create newsletters convert them to a pdf file for distribution. Recently, I changed out my Acrobat Reader 6.03 to 7.01. In doing so, whenever I use an apostrophe s ('s) with "smart quotes" on the word/s are displayed in Acrobat Reader with a space between the last letter of the word and the apostrophe s. The apostrophe is into, above the area of the s. Anyone else experiencing this oddity? The error shows up also with quotes when "smart quotes" is on. I've tested this with Publisher 2000, Word 2003 and Lotus Word P...