Mail Delivery Location

Is there a Global way to force all mail delivery to the exchange mailboxes?
I have inherited an organization that has all clients delivering to .pst
files, and now they want it changed.

Thank you,
Andrew

0
Andrew3569 (322)

Andrew:

This would be something that needs to be done on each client, for each
Outlook profile. I'm not sure if there are any Group Policy settings for
this or not. But it is definitely not something that is done via Exchange
server. Also, you'll probably need to find a way to move all the locally
stored e-mail back into the user's Inbox.

Regards,
Martin

"Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a Global way to force all mail delivery to the exchange
> mailboxes?
> I have inherited an organization that has all clients delivering to .pst
> files, and now they want it changed.
>
> Thank you,
> Andrew

0
MartinHTN
11/11/2004 10:14:00 PM
Martin,

Thanks for the reply.  Yes this is looking like a very large task.  I
couldn't fing any info. in the group policy settings.

- Andrew

"MartinHTN" wrote:

> Andrew:
>
> This would be something that needs to be done on each client, for each
> Outlook profile. I'm not sure if there are any Group Policy settings for
> this or not. But it is definitely not something that is done via Exchange
> server. Also, you'll probably need to find a way to move all the locally
> stored e-mail back into the user's Inbox.
>
> Regards,
> Martin
>
> "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a Global way to force all mail delivery to the exchange
> > mailboxes?
> > I have inherited an organization that has all clients delivering to .pst
> > files, and now they want it changed.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Andrew

0
Andrew3569 (322)
11/12/2004 12:02:04 AM
You can go to Control panel==>email==> then chhos the mailboxstore rather
than teh personal folders. The user can then copy or move the mail betveen
the personal folders and the mailbox on the server.

"Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a Global way to force all mail delivery to the exchange
> mailboxes?
> I have inherited an organization that has all clients delivering to .pst
> files, and now they want it changed.
>
> Thank you,
> Andrew

0
tsundboe (21)

How do I block messages from one particular e-mail adress?
I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it possible to block those messages? yes. right click an email from them, Junk mail, add to junk senders list -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9517F371-5BC9-46D6-8979-9FB489585258@microsoft.com... >I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it...

outlook not senfing mail
i can receive mail, but not send. this is new. all was fine for last 7 months. not sure what to do. thank you any error messages? a bernstein ����: > i can receive mail, but not send. this is new. all was > fine for last 7 months. not sure what to do. > > thank you ...

Creating a "Do_Not_Reply" e-mail address
I need to create a do-not-reply@domain.com address that any user that I give permission to on the domain can send as by putting the above address in the "From:" field of their Outlook client and the external recipient will receive this and only see that it came from the do-not-reply address and not the send on behalf of user. Also what would be the best way to block or not receive the e-mails even if an external user does reply to it? On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 20:56:22 -0700, "D-a-n_L" <dlajoie@hotmail.com> wrote: >I need to create a do-not-reply@domain.com addr...

Sending a workbook as a mail attachment
Hey Folks, Is there an easy way to send a workbook via email based on the date an time? Our company uses excel for some of our reporting and rather then having the reps remember to send the workbook i'd like to have it send itself automatically - say on Saturdays or Sundays. Ideas? Nel post news:1165167749.298713.321880@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com *Gord* ha scritto: > Hey Folks, > > Is there an easy way to send a workbook via email based on the date an > time? Our company uses excel for some of our reporting and rather > then having the reps remember to send the wor...

Rename/Delete/Deactivate Junk Mail Folder
Hi! Does somebody know how I can delete/rename or deactivate the Junk Mail folder in Outlook 2003? If I delete this folder, it will be re-created in the next Outlook start. I've read that Junk Mail folder is an built-in and cannot be renamed/deleted or deactivated?! Please help! Thanks Mustafa That is correct. Why do you need to get rid of it/rename it? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

unable to access mail after re-enable account
Hi, After enable an disable account and change its password, it can login to its mail account. What's happening. Is it normal? Thanks a lot What is the error message when user tries to access mailbox? Does the user still show in ADUC has having Exchange attributes? Have you looked at the MB using ESM to see if it is disconnected? "Raymond" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:136c01c46f11$d16f8390$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > After enable an disable account and change its password, > it can login to its mail account. What's hap...

E-mail error?
Recently my email ceased sending/receiving. The program has started asking me to enter in my username and password each time I try to send/receive (it never did that before); however, the log-in window just reappears after I click 'Ok'. I'm fairly certain I am entering the correct information -- it isn't telling me that I'm not. If I click cancel, I then receive an error message that says: Account: 'Shaw Email (smckelly)', Server: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed', Por...

mail merge with word 2007 and a riso
I'm having problems trying to mail merge a word 2007 document with a riso. all goes well and I can preview all the documents and all looks good until I try to finish and print it on a riso, and nothing happens. It works on word 2003 but not the new version. can anyone help? Can you merge to a new document? If so, try using the following macro from fellow MVP Doug Robbins to split that document to the printer as separate jobs Sub SplitMergeLetterToPrinter() ' splitter Macro ' Macro created 16-08-98 by Doug Robbins to print each letter created by a ' mailmerge...

Mail merge & staple question
Does anyone know how to use mail merge in Publisher with a printer that folds and staples?? Publisher is sending it to the printer as "one" big file and trying to staples "all" my newsletters together instead of individual ones with the addresses on them. Or if anyone has any other programs or ideas on how I can accomplish this task, sure would be appreciated. Thanks While waiting for decisions from his 6 university choices, Ed sees a message from Parishsecretary <Parishsecretary@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > Does anyone know how to use mai...

Clear Junk E-mail Folder
It seems that rule cannot be set to remove messages from Junk E-mail Folder on exit Outlook. Is there any way to do that? Thanks. I'm using OL2003. ...

received mail goes directly to "deleted items" folder
When getting new mail, the mail goes directly to the "Deleted Items" folder instead of the "Inbox". Any suggestions? ...

Autosave mail sent from delegated mailbox
I'd like to autosave all mail sent from User Xs mailbox in his inbox. His mailbox inbox is available to three different users who all have it added to their Exchange account. This way I'm able to auto-create readable conversations in his inbox and all users can see which mail have been replied to from this mailbox and what the reply was. best You would have to write an event sink. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Kristofer" <Kristofer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA61E72C-9405-4BF...

Outlook 2003 E-mail Preview before receiving
I currently use an E-mail client called GoldMine that allows me to preview e-mail sent to me on the server before actually downloading/receiving it to my computer. I find this extremely beneficial in weeding out the junk/unsolicited and potentially virus-infected e-mail. Is it possible to do this with Microsoft Office Outlook 2003? When selecting send/receive , it appears the only option option is to actually download/receive the message to be able to view it. If you are aware as to how I may be able to preview first without downloading, please provide instructions on how to achi...

bad mail #2
I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid, but I have a feeling that the amount of bad mail is increasing every day. We are small network with one 2003 domain/exchange server and some 10 users. I would say we are "average" mail users and I haven't notice this before until my backup failed several times trying to backup bad mail folder. This was never an issue before. I'm not sure if somebody can advise me on this one, but if somebody has any clue what is the "healthy" amount of bad mail and is there one at all? The badmail folder is normally NDRs that we...

trouble receiving mail
hi oh computer smart ones!! am hoping anyone can help with my problem - i have 53 unread messages because when i hit 'send and receive' i get the first 13 then it stops completely and wont give me any more messages....i get this error msg: Message number 13 could not be retrieved. Account: 'mail.three.com.au', Server: 'mail.three.com.au', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: 'No virus found in this incoming message.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800420CD i have tried turning off firewalls, uninstalling...

How do I transfer mail over network to other computer?
I have Outlook Express 6 on my laptop and Outlook 2000 as well ast Outlook Express 6 on my home computer. They are networked using a hub and I want to back up my mail on the home computer but I can't seem to figure out the import/export functions. Bill <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have Outlook Express 6 on my laptop and Outlook 2000 as > well ast Outlook Express 6 on my home computer. They are > networked using a hub and I want to back up my mail on the > home computer but I can't seem to figure out the > import/export functions. Create...

Mail Merge with Word 2003
Please Help if you can. I have lost hours editing a Mail Merge Master document, only to find none of the changes are saved when you reopen. Here's what happened: I want to edit the fields in a mail merge document. I want to search for the {OLD-FIELD} and replace it with the {NEW FIELD}. Word does not seem to allow me to do this. First, it will not let me cut and paste the fields into the Search & Replace Box. Secondlly, after hours of laboriously replacing my Fields one at a time, and dutifully saving, NONE of the changes were saved. The changes are all shown in ...

Unread mail not showing up in Inbox
Hi, My Unread folder in located the "Favorite Folders" section in Outlook shows that I have more unread mail than I can see in my Inbox. My Inbox is normally sorted by "Received" so I can see the most recent emails as then arrive. If I change it so that it is sorted by the "From" column, I can see all the emails in the Inbox that are appearing in the Unread folder. It is strange that they don't appear using "Received" though. Emails that fall under any rules are not affected by this so rules are irrelevant in this case I suppose. Also, some additio...

Changing IS Transaction Logs Location
I need to change the location of my Information Store Transaction Logs. Whoever set up my mail server put them on a 1GB drive which is filling up every 10 days. I have plenty of room on another drive. Can I simply use the Database Paths Tab and change the location there? Will the system transfer the old logs to that location? Are they any dangers in doing this? Thanks in advance. what version Exchange? for 5.5, use the Optimizer wizard to move your Transaction log files... "jim treitman" <dtc@softprowest.com> wrote in message news:18f1e01c44cae$5de4e940$a601280a@phx....

Track e-mails.
Hey, anyone out there know how to extract emails addresses from different e-mails. Any freeware/shareware programs that will do this or even possibly track where my e-mails end up. Cheers, Sketcher. "if you want to view paradise; simply look around and view it, any thing you want to do; do it, there's nothing to it" !!? ...

Mailing Label printing
I have created several mailing labels using SQL Reporting services and am attempting to print them with a Intermec pd-41 label printer. Every time a report is Printed the size settings for the job changes to 1.5w 4h instead of the setting within Windosw of 1.5h 4w. I have changed and saved the settings on the printer in the printer settings via Windows. The end users for this product cannot be bothered to click properties every time they are printing a label. Has anybody else experienced this or know of a way to correct this. Within Visual Studio, look at the report properties w...

Mail to No. of users
Hi I our organization we are having Exchange 2003. We are facing one small problem that whenever user tries to send a mail to multiple user (especially multiple distribution groups)he recives following error message from administrator. The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be addressed in a single message. Send the message multiple times to fewer recipients. <Exchange.test.com #5.5.3> Where i can found this setting so i can get rid of this limit... Please help Cheers Taj go to exchange -globle setting - message deliver and right click and proper...

Outlook 2003 duplicate mails
Can anyone please tell me why I am receiving four of every mail that is coming into my inbox in Outlook 2003. I have XP Home Edition. Thanks carol Possibly you have an Antivirus program that is integrated with outlook, uninstall that AV, reboot your PC, reinstall the AV without the outlook integration "carolnpete" <cnp@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:AA0864DD-A340-484C-B20F-6BFC6C228553@microsoft.com... > Can anyone please tell me why I am receiving four of every mail that is > coming into my inbox in Outlook 2003. I have XP Home Edition. > Than...

How do we send mass e-mails from CRM 3.0?
Hello Everyone, Can someone please walk me through how to send mass e-mails to our client base? We currently export a file to Excel and e-mail outside of CRM. Please tell me there's an easier way to e-mail from within CRM!! We will most likely always have attachments (PDF) that will needed to be included as well, does that pose a problem? I appreciate our assistance! Thanks Tiffany Here is a good starting point http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/marketing/emailmarketing.mspx ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP Web - http://www.crowecrm.co...

Sent Mail into Inbox
Hi Helpers, I just noticed that the mail that is supposed to go into the sent-mail is ended up in inbox. It doesn't happen to all of my mail. Any idea what the problem is and how to solve it. Thank you in advance. ...