Mail delivery in Exchange 2003

Hi all, here is the problem

    when I tired to send mail to someone@somewhere.com, I got undeliverable
report from my server saying that mail is not delivered to
someone@somewhere.com.uk.

    I asked administrator of somewhere.com, he said that their SMTP gateway
did receive a mail from us, but the address was someone@somewhere.com.uk.

    I used hotmail and yahoo mail to send mail to someone@somewhere.com,
both success.

    I tired to send mail to someperson@somewhere.com, also success.

    any one have idea on this ????

Many thanks,
Alex

0
keung (1)

Hi,

May be - there is a forwarding rule in someone@somewhere.com to forward the
mails to someone@somewhere.com.uk can you ask the someone ?

Message header doesn't change automatically or forward to other e-mail
address. There should be a manual intervension from the somewhere.com
orgernization.

Cheers !
Ruwan Dissanayake

"alex fung" <keung@chrisland.net> wrote in message
> Hi all, here is the problem
>
>    when I tired to send mail to someone@somewhere.com, I got undeliverable
> report from my server saying that mail is not delivered to
> someone@somewhere.com.uk.
>
>    I asked administrator of somewhere.com, he said that their SMTP gateway
> did receive a mail from us, but the address was someone@somewhere.com.uk.
>
>    I used hotmail and yahoo mail to send mail to someone@somewhere.com,
> both success.
>
>    I tired to send mail to someperson@somewhere.com, also success.
>
>    any one have idea on this ????
>
> Many thanks,
> Alex

0
ruwan (6)

Windows Mail cannot be Started (0X800C0155)
Started receiving this startup message "Windows Mail cannot be started (0X800C0155)" several days after firing up my new desktop with Windows 7 Ultimate installed fresh. I am running Windows Live Mail. Never have had Windows Mail installed on this PC! Seems to have started occuring after importing into Live Mail and converting the old Windows Mail messages I copied over from my old PC using Easy Transfer. Windows Live Mail actually opens OK and the old messages are readable. I expect others have encountered a similar problem. On another computer I had converted to...

How to reject unknown recipient mail
In there a way on Exchange 5.5 to reject mail that is to an unkown recipient?? Thanks Hi Chad, The way that Exchange 5.5 was designed, it will accept email for any email address at the domain that you are accepting for. The Internet Mail Service will then had the message to the MTA which will do a Directory Lookup on the address. If the address doesn't match anything, the MTA will reject it and create an NDR that is sent back to the sender. Exchange 5.5 doesn't have an option to change this behavior. There was a design change in Exchange 2003 to allow SMTP to reject the message if i...

Send As permission for mail-enabled list
I've set up a mail-enabled distro list in Exch2003. I've tried both Universal and Global and receive the same results. I have multiple users I need to add to this list and to have Send As permission (i.e. I need for multiple users to be able to send mail from this mail- enabled account). I've been configuring and re- configuring this for about 4 hours now and I've found that I add the group and then add a user and grant that user Send As permission. Any subsequent users added in the same manner cannot send from this account. They receive a message stating that they...

Removing Exchange User Attributes and the ADC
We merged an ADMTv2 created user account with an ADC created Contact, rather that the ADC created Disabled User. We would now like to get rid of the user account's association with the Contact info and merge the user account w/the ADC Disabled user; however, when we try to do that - using the ADClean util. - ADClean tells us we cannot as the user account is already mail enabled. Removing the existing Exchange Attributes on the users account suggests its self, however, when we go to do that all sorts of warnings come up (I'm somewhat familiar with the issues but need more insi...

how to convert to metric system in visio 2003?
how to convert to metric system in visio 2003? On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 00:00:00 -0800, alsari <alsari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how to convert to metric system in visio 2003? Don't be reluctant to tell us what you want to do. We can only guess otherwise. Do you want to use metric rather that imperial measurement templates and stencils? Do you want to convert current diagrams to metric? Do you just want to show measurements in metric units? Metric templates and stencils may not have been installed on your system. Use menu Tools -> Options to set the default measurement t...

Outlook 2003 Outlook Today Problem
I installed Office 2003 Standard over top of Office 2000 Professional. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition, Outlook 2003 will not let me permanently customize Outlook Today. When I click on customize it presents the menus but is unable to find the graphics such as Winter, Summer, etc. It lets me select summer for instance and when I save the changes I get the summer scheme. But, when I exit Outlook and return my saved preferences are gone. There also appears to be graphic place holders on the Outlook Today screen, no 'x's just blank little squares. In the black date bar o...

How do I open doc's from Publisher 2000 when I am using Pub 2003?
I recently purchased Publisher 2003 and can't seem to edit any document from a previous version. Are you running Norton AV? Try disabling NAV Script Blocking ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Start NAV Click Options. If a menu appears when you click Options, then click NortonAntiVirus. The Norton AntiVirus Options dialog box appears. Click Script Blocking. Uncheck Enable Script Blocking (recommended). Click OK. Restart the computer if prompted to do so. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "GAR" <GAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01222D01-7A00-4...

REstoring a mail sotre to a newly installed exchange 2003
Hi, I have a windows SBS 2003 server installed with a couple of mailboxes on it. I backed up the mail store then decided to reinstall the OS. The reason to do this was to partition the disk differently. So I installed the OS from scratch, and now I need to restore my mail store backup done using ntbackup. Should I recreate the old users on my SBS2003 system or should I just restore the mail store on top of the exisiting mailstore created by the fresh installtion of the OS. I didn't backup anything else but the mailstore. The newly installed server uses the same domain name as the ol...

Exchange Administrator #2
Hey, I just installed Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server. But when i open up Exchange Adminstrator, I keep on getting this error message, how do i fix this problem? Error: Title: Microsoft Exchange Administrator Message: A Connection could not be made to the microsoft exchange server computer 'EXCH'. The Microsoft exchange server computer does not respond. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: DS_E_Communications_Problem You use Exchange System Manager, and ADUC - not Exchange Administrator, to manage E2000/2003. Did you have a 5.x server before? erbeh wrote: > Hey, >...

Mail as web page
I want to send an advertising mail shot that looks like a web page. What is the best way to achieve this? ---------------------------------------------------------- This message has been checked for all known viruses. The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be the subject of legal, professional or other privilege. It is intended for the named addressee only and may not be disclosed to any other parties without the prior permission of the originator. Fight Spam! Join EuroCAUCE: http://www.euro.cauce.org/ ...

Help Microsoft Office 2003
After now using Microsoft Office 2003 for about 3 months now, have suddenly noticed that my email messages have just started showing strange symbols for certain punctuation. This does not show as I type... but the recipent sees these symbols when the message is received. I can see it when they reply back. The strange symbols show for the apostrophe and sometimes for the exclaimation. I do not recognize the symbols. I do not have caps lock on, do have number lock on. None of the symbols show on my keys. Help?! Thanks! Kim it's caused by character encoding. What email client and...

Exchange 2003 SBS Attachment filtering in admin
Folks: I have set up SBS 2003 / Exchange on our server some time ago. I have been trying to find the location to add an additional attachment to the exclude list on incoming mail. (Attachment filtering). I have looked for some time and cannot find the UI to do this in the system manager. Could someone point this location out to me? Thanks d "D S" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:uPeCkbUrGHA.4992@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Folks: > > I have set up SBS 2003 / Exchange on our server some time ago. I have > been trying to find the location to a...

Symantec Mail Security for Exchange
Does anyone know if Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 5.0 will work on the Standard Edition of Exchange 2000 sp3? It says Enterprise Edition in the sys requirements but no where does it say the word STANDARD. If anyone can help before I purchase this software that would be great. Thanks, Chad WEBIT Services On 3 Nov 2006 13:50:18 -0800, "crdvds" <crdvds@gmail.com> wrote: >Does anyone know if Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 5.0 will work >on the Standard Edition of Exchange 2000 sp3? > >It says Enterprise Edition in the sys requirements but no where does ...

My Exchange server will not make new mailboxes
I had one e-mail server on this domain it was giving us trouble so I installed a new server on the domain and made it an exchange server. I moved all the mailboxes that where in use to the new e-mail server. I wait two weeks and shut down the old server, but now when I create a new user in active directory and tell it to create a mailbox it looks as if it creates one. When I look in the properties of the user and go to the e-mail address tab it is blank. When I right click on the users name and go to exchange task it gives me the option to move the mailbox to the old server which is ...

Outlook 2003 from SBS2003
Hi, After we upgraded our server to SBS2003 over the weekend and as a part of this rollout all our client machines running XP and Office XP were upgraded to the Outlook 2003 client. Since this has occured no one can use word 2002 (Office XP) as the default Message editor. It appears that Outlook 2003 has changed the default setting for saying Microsoft Word edit to now say Office Word 2003 which by the way is greyed out. Probably due to the fact that none of the clients have office 2003 installed on them on the new Outlook 2003 that occured during this upgrade. Any idea's wo...

Uprage to 2003 from 2000
Hello, Over the weekend I have installed an exchange 2003 server within the same domain as an exchange 2000 server. All is going well except this morning I am getting alot of reports from users that they're emails are bouncing back with a "mailbox over the size limit error" I normally hear of these all the time, but I'm finding that this morning I've gotten a lot of complaints. When I look at the users mailbox in ESM, for some reason alot of them are much larger than the size limit that they have on their mailboxes. For instance, one user has a limit of 350000 yet...

Leave Mail On Server
Where is the checkbox in Outlook Express config to leave mail on the mail server? You need the e-mail account info as a MAPI account, not a traditional SMTP/POP3 account. Not necessarily available with all ISP's. >-----Original Message----- >Where is the checkbox in Outlook Express config to leave >mail on the mail server? >. > anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > You need the e-mail account info as a MAPI account, not a > traditional SMTP/POP3 account. Not possible in Outlook Express. Perhaps you meant IMAP? And it would depend what kind of mail accoun...

Import mail from CD
Hi, I exported a mail PST file, burned it onto a CD. Copied it from the CD to my hard drive, changed the read-only attributes. Imported into Outlook and get the message "properties for this information service must be defined prior to use" Win2000, Outlook 2000SP3, IomegaCD-RW 52x24x52x using Iomega Burn Any ideas? thanks Ruth Turn off the read-only property on the .pst file. Ray at work "Ruth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161601c39d71$cc6da970$3101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > I exported a mail PST file, burned it onto a CD. Cop...

mail merge problems #2
I have Vista and Office 2007. When I try to do a mail merge with Publisher and a comma-separated-values file exported from Outlook, I get the message, "An operation cannot be completed because of database engine errors." It used to work fine, but not any more. Help! There isn't a solution specific to 2007, but this article addresses your error and probably will work You receive a "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or data base engine failures" error message when you try to perform a mail merge by using an Outlook 2003 contact folder in Publish...

Make outlook 2003 start in favorites
I am trying to get my outlook 2003 to startup the left pane in th Favorites tab, instead of the Mail tab. It is annoying for me to hav to switch tabs every time i start it up, as I prefer to be in m favorites. How can this be done ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

MSN email acc in Outlook 2003
Hi. I'm a Hotmail Plus user but it seemed that I can't use the Outlook 2003 to retrieve my emails. The error: Task 'MSN: Folder: Inbox Synchroning headers.' reported error (0x800CCF4): 'An unknown error has occured. Please save any existing work and restart the program.' This error occurs only with MSN email account. The error still occurs even though I removed and added the account again. I even restart Outlook and it still the same thing. I tried adding my msn email account at work using Outlook 2003. It works there but apparently, not at home. I tried on...

MX question on Exchange 2003
When I try to send mail to any user in the domain graphics.ucsd.edu the mail can not be delivered because there first MX record that points to 132.239.95.98 doesn't have port 25 open for mail. So my server tries only that server for tree days then it gives up. First of all, why doesn't my server try any other server with lover priority? And what is the reason to stop port 25 on their first MX server? I have an Exchange 2003 server with sp1 running on a windows 2003 server RO wrote: > When I try to send mail to any user in the domain graphics.ucsd.edu > the mail can not b...

Exchange 2003 Mail between servers stops after a few days
Hi all, I have an odd situation where mail destined for a different administrative group in the same domain stops after a few days; a restart of the server where mails are queing clears the problem. The destination admin group is attached via a connector (smtp), and it's this connector that goes into a retry state under fault conditions. A bridgehead at either end is used, although looking at message tracking suggests the bridge-heads are not being used. Local mail delivery is unaffected, only mail to the remote admin group is affected. There are firewalls involved: the sites are...

Exchange 5.5 internal site problem
Hi, I am using exch 5.5 with 2 srvrs in a single sit , with a mail content scanner enigine on a diff srvr , when i forward mail fm content scanner to first srvr , the mail flow works properly , but when i forward it to second srvr ( which was buileded later) , the recipients on 1 st server dont get internet mails . Can anyone HElp. ...

mail merge and cc
I use Word 2007 mail merge to Outlook. I also want to CC to one person during the mail merge. I cannot find a way to put CC. The built-in mail merge feature does not offer a way to do this. You can use a mail merge add-in to achieve this though; See http://www.howto-outlook.com/tag/mass-mail The Mail Merge Toolkit from MAPILab fully integrates with the Mail Merge feature of Word and will add the CC and even an attachment option when doing a mail merge; http://addins.howto-outlook.com/mapilab_mailmerge If you decide to order use 4PM76A8 to get a discount. -- Robert Sparnaa...