Mail delivery in Exchange 2003

Hi all, here is the problem

    when I tired to send mail to someone@somewhere.com, I got undeliverable
report from my server saying that mail is not delivered to
someone@somewhere.com.uk.

    I asked administrator of somewhere.com, he said that their SMTP gateway
did receive a mail from us, but the address was someone@somewhere.com.uk.

    I used hotmail and yahoo mail to send mail to someone@somewhere.com,
both success.

    I tired to send mail to someperson@somewhere.com, also success.

    any one have idea on this ????

Many thanks,
Alex

0
keung (1)

Hi,

May be - there is a forwarding rule in someone@somewhere.com to forward the
mails to someone@somewhere.com.uk can you ask the someone ?

Message header doesn't change automatically or forward to other e-mail
address. There should be a manual intervension from the somewhere.com
orgernization.

Cheers !
Ruwan Dissanayake

"alex fung" <keung@chrisland.net> wrote in message
> Hi all, here is the problem
>
>    when I tired to send mail to someone@somewhere.com, I got undeliverable
> report from my server saying that mail is not delivered to
> someone@somewhere.com.uk.
>
>    I asked administrator of somewhere.com, he said that their SMTP gateway
> did receive a mail from us, but the address was someone@somewhere.com.uk.
>
>    I used hotmail and yahoo mail to send mail to someone@somewhere.com,
> both success.
>
>    I tired to send mail to someperson@somewhere.com, also success.
>
>    any one have idea on this ????
>
> Many thanks,
> Alex

0
ruwan (6)

winserver 2003 registration
I've downloaded Dynamics GP Toolkit Virtual Machine, when I log in as administrator I was told to register the windows server 2003. I tried registering via internet but it doesn't work, probably my virtual machine is not working properly. I am using VMware by the way. Is there anyway I can do the registration by phone instead? can anyone provide me with the ID to register? Thanks. Yohanes ...

Sync Issues Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2000
We've got a number of remote users who up until recently have bene working fine with synchronising mailboxes at home, then suddenly all users end up doing a full sync taking ages instead of a normal. Is there a setting on the serve that could of changed? Paul ...

moving mail/contacts from outlook express_ to_ outlook
I can not find any of my Outlook Express saved items: Thought they were at a location similar to below: C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Mail Searched by *.dbx / *.ibx / *.pst and opening every subfolder. Got a little ahead of ourselves and "switched" from OE to Outlook - Comcast claimed OE was the same or better, but we missed some of the Outlook features. Now we have lost our "address books" and some important attachments that were still within emails...the emails are downloaded somewhere on this hardrive as we have not deleted a thing...right ? ...

3.0 Mail Merge
Is anyone experiencing this issue post upgrade to 3.0.....? When attempting to Print Quote for Customer in Outlook, we select the quote template, then Microsoft Word opens. From here the mail merge functions would begin. However, the mail merge toolbar is grayed out and we cannot merge to new document. We can't do anything. Is the process for Print Quote for Customer different in CRM 3.0? Or is this an issue? If so, can anyone provide assistance on this. Thank you! Cayla Will the templates we had set up to use in CRM 1.2 (for mail merging) still function in 3.0? Or are there ...

How to account for mail back rebate in money
I have bought bunch of stuff where i pay up front money but on a later date i receive mail back rebate. How do i account for this refund in the Microsoft money? I did not see any category or feature which supports this very common practice of mail back rebate. Is there any add on feature which support tracking of mail back rebate (whether i received or not and flags when its past due after few weeks) Thanks Parikh Enter a similar cost entry [spend, increase, etc] but with a minus value. This will give the net cost of the item you purchased. "Parikh" <anonymous@discussio...

V4 Mail Merge on Custom entities
Hello We have noticed that new entities added at v4 appear in the mail merge list but that custom entities carried over when upgrading a v3 system do not. Does anyone have any information on how this is controlled and whether there is an option to set an entity as included once it has been created ? All info gratefully received Thanks...Phil That should help: http://blog.sonomapartners.com/2008/01/enabling-mail-m.html Cheers -- George Doubinski CRM Certified Professional - Developer Blog: http://crm.georged.id.au/ "Phil Kedward" <Phil Kedward@discussions.microsoft.com...

macros have gone missing in Outlook 2003
For some reason, my macros are no longer showing up in Outlook 2003. I have no clue as to what's going on. I still have the VbaProject.OTM file in my "Documents and Settings\Walter\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook" folder, if that matters -- I can't figure out any way to make Outlook aware of it. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks, Walter ...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Hi, What is a simple way to check to see if a sheet of a given name is present in a workbook? Thanks, Craig Dim Sht as object set sht = nothing on error resume next set sht = activeworkbook.sheets("somesheetnamehere") on error goto 0 if sht is nothing then msgbox "nope" else msgbox "yep" end if Craig Brandt wrote: > > Hi, > > What is a simple way to check to see if a sheet of a given name is present > in a workbook? > > Thanks, > Craig -- Dave Peterson Dave: Thanks for the quick response. Works like a champ, Craig &q...

Not possible to remove mail reminders in outlook 2002
Hiya, I have a big problem with old mail that keeps popping up as reminders. I've tried to start outlook with /cleanreminders and another parameter without luck. Is there anyway that I can delete these reminders for sure? My mail originally comes from outlook in office 97, I know use outlook 2002. The mail that I get reminders on are mails from that period. Very grateful for any help that you can give me. - Kjell Arne ...

Mailshots from Exchange 2007
In SBS 2008 is there a setting somewhere in ESM that would block mailshot attempts if say it discovers that there are lots of messages being sent in short period of time? yaro "yaro137" <yaro137@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:4d2d823d-471f-4298-bfc2-c9f3b9f72b38@b2g2000yqi.googlegroups.com... > In SBS 2008 is there a setting somewhere in ESM that would block > mailshot attempts if say it discovers that there are lots of messages > being sent in short period of time? > yaro Do you believe that you are being attacked from a spammer relaying me...

International Dictionary Outlook 2003 and Office 2003
Is there a way of permanently locking the Spell Check Dictionary for Outlook 2003 and Office 2003 to English (Australian)? Mine always reverts back to English (U.S.) Cheers Ian What language OS do you have? Did you check your keyboard settings in Control Panel? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Ian Mitchell asked: | Is there a way of permanently locking the Spell Check Dictionary for | Outlook 2003 and Office 20...

exchange 2003 sp1 and newsgroups?
Ok, have read the article on how to add, which is a piece of cake, as it does it for you... only issue I have is that I built newsgroup for microsoft, and it's populates outlook2003, but nothing is in there? I've looked for the obvious, and searched this newsgroup???/ AL You can't use Microsoft's NNTP server as a pull feed - they restrict it to only certain servers. Your best bet would be to find out if your ISP is set up with an NNTP server that is allowed to pull the feeds and if they will allow you to pull from them. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my ...

No Smart Tag help: just a blank "MS Excel Help" window
When I invoke "help on this error" on a Smart Tag drop-down, a blank "MS Excel Help" window appears with no content. The general help pane that appears via <F1> etc. is fine - it's just the Smart Tag help option that doesn't show anything, just a blank window. Any suggestions? Win XP Home SP2 Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1 ...

A Customized View in Microsoft Project Professional 2003 on the EP
Dear Sir or Madam, In our company, we use MSP 2003 in a EPM. Planners customize a specific view(table and screen) and whenever they connect to the server, they want to have their own view(for instance, name, start, duration, baseline start...and on the screen comparison between plan and baseline bars and so on). I tried to develop a new table and then a new view and set it as a default view, but this is not the ultimate solution; since I want to have customized bar chart always and old projects get open in the old format. Could you please give me a hand? Regards Saeed ...

LDAP Error in Outlook 2003
I just upgraded to Office 2003, and now when I go to Outlook to try to send an email, I get an error that says "Can't contact LDAP server (81)". I can eventually send the email, but I get that message several times. -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter http://mail.giantcompany.com You receive a "Can't contact LDAP Directory server (81)" error message when you open the Address Book in Outlook: http://support.microsoft.com/default.as...

Publisher 2003 won't print
I have just taken over writing a newsletter which is 8 pages with LOTS of photos and graphics. It needs to be converted to a pdf file for publishing on our web site. I tried using Publisher 2003 this last month and after many days of putting the newsletter together and getting it just the way I wanted it, it totally failed to convert! It wouldn't print to my HP 6110 All-In-One Printer either! My computer is a PC with XP and service packs 1, 2 and 3. I am using Adobe 8.0.1. What could be wrong? I was able to copy (with much exasperation) the whole thing on to Word 2003 just to get it ...

Exchange 2003 (Co-existing w/2000)
We currently have an Exchange 2000 environment. We want to stand up an Exchange 2003 server and begin to transition users over to the 2003 box. Obviously the first step would be to run domain and forest prep for Exch2003. Should this affect anything with the current Exchange 2000 environment? Thanks, Terry On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 14:43:41 -0500, TS wrote: > We currently have an Exchange 2000 environment. We want to stand up an > Exchange 2003 server and begin to transition users over to the 2003 box. > Obviously the first step would be to run domain and forest prep for > Exch20...

VISIO PRO 2003
Would someone tell me if VISIO PRO 2003 would work with Windows NT. Thanks. Microsoft Office Visio 2003 versions work with Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows 2003 only. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "EMZ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28dc01c3e1bc$abba4b40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Would someone tell me if VISIO PRO 2003 would work with > Windows NT. > Thanks. ------=_NextPart_0001_828BD422 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding...

migrating Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003
I want to run /forestprep and /domain prep in order for me to be ready to install the AD connector that would help me out with my migration. What are the cons of doing this?? is it safe. Do any have other steps in order for me to prepare for this migration? Thanks in Advance I recently loaded a 2k3 server on my doamin for a migration I'm working on. I used the checklist MS provieds and all worked well. I didn't have a single issue and the server is working well. "Juan" wrote: > I want to run /forestprep and /domain prep in order for me > to be ready to install...

Query based on multiple parameters
I would like to create a query where the user can input 2 or more parameters (part numbers), separated by comma and/or space and return information about that part. I already have a query that accepts one parameter. Is there a way to do this with more than one? I have read some posts that say to use a table to serve up the paraments and the user chooses one or more. However, a particular part or parts may not yet be in the table as they are new or unknown. Is there any way to do this without using an existing table but just accept input from the user on the fly? T...

Inability to connect with exchange server using entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Email Client: Exchange I have a 2008 version of entourage that I connect with my exchange server. I added a ms office home edition to my computer, and now I am unable to connect to my server. The error message now says that I must upgrade to a std edition of office in order to connect to an exchange server. If my previous version of entourage would connect and it is still on the computer, why won't it do it now with office installed? Any advice? <br> thanks What version of Microsoft Office 2008 entourage did you down...

IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server always fails but same account in Outlook always works
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Exchange SP2. IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server always fails but same account in Outlook always works. Error below: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. Configuration: Account: Director Server: Server1 User name: AD\Director Protocol: IMAP Port: 143 Secure(SSL): 0 Code: 800cccd1 I realize the workaround is domain/username/alias for the Outlook Express username. That still fails. I even made the alias the same as the username. Also fails. This very same workstation can access th...

Not Receiving Mail 03-28-10
I'm not receiving any messages, except TEST messages I send to my self. Just loaded Windows 7 (clean) a couple of weeks ago. Migrated all of my old stuff from Windows Mail (Vista). I've tried everything, including turning off email filtering. Only one email account and it is POP3. Can something be corrupted? If you receive test messages you send to yourself, then your Windows = Live=20 Mail is working normally. Who is your provider? If you go to the = provider's webmail site, do you see messages there that failed to download? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft...

Sharing Outlook 2003 #3
My wife an I both have Outlook 2003 on our computers. We are on a home network and have no central exchange server. Are there any free ways to synchronise the two? R.Daneel Olivaw wrote: || My wife an I both have Outlook 2003 on our computers. We are on a || home network and have no central exchange server. Are there any free || ways to synchronise the two? WARNING: This is unsupported by Microsoft. You MUST take frequent backups of your pst file. On the one machine, move the pst file to a shared folder. Point Outlook on that machine to that location. On the second machine, either mov...

Outlook 2003 attachement not opened
Hi, I've just installed Outlook 2003 and I have this problem: a friend sent = me an e-mail containing an attached e-mail message (signed, if it = matters), and Outlook wouldn't open it saying "An error occured in the = underlying security system". How can I open that file? Note that that file has a ZIP file attached, = so this could be the problem. Thanks in advance, Radu ...