Mail delay #2

We are using exchange 2003 with outlook clients.  There
are mails that will take 30 minutes to be available on our
outlook clients.  We ran a test using hotmail and with one
hotmail account, the mail took about 10 seconds.  With the
other account, the same message took 30 minutes to
arrive.  Also, this is not just a one time thing.  Every
time we tested from that "laggy" account, it took more
than 20 minutes to arrive.  with the other account.  it
took only seconds.  Some other are complaining that it's
taking mail a long period of time to be received by the
outlook client so this is not just with hotmail but others
too.  is there any settings that have been enabled that
would cause this situation and how do we fix it?  -Thank
you
0
anonymous (74722)

Well, you've tolds a whole lot about the delays, but nothing about how your
Exchange server is connected to anything.  So any suggestions anyone would
give you would be wild-ass-guesses.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"darrien" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are using exchange 2003 with outlook clients.  There
> are mails that will take 30 minutes to be available on our
> outlook clients.  We ran a test using hotmail and with one
> hotmail account, the mail took about 10 seconds.  With the
> other account, the same message took 30 minutes to
> arrive.  Also, this is not just a one time thing.  Every
> time we tested from that "laggy" account, it took more
> than 20 minutes to arrive.  with the other account.  it
> took only seconds.  Some other are complaining that it's
> taking mail a long period of time to be received by the
> outlook client so this is not just with hotmail but others
> too.  is there any settings that have been enabled that
> would cause this situation and how do we fix it?  -Thank
> you

0
curspice1 (113)

How do I get address book to include e-mail address?
When I select to: box in the new message the search box does not include the e-mail address and is not included in the address line. How do i fix that? Any chance the Contacts folder has lost it's "Show this folder as an E-mail Address Book" checkmark in Properties? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197577/en-us "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" check box is dimmed in Outlook Contact folder properties Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!...

How do Iimport my e-mails from my comcast e-mail to outlook
I would like to have all of my e-mails that go to my comcast e-mail address to be sent to my outlook address, how do I do this. I'm not sure if I have my outlook setup properly, how would I know On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 19:57:03 -0700, Tonya wrote: > I would like to have all of my e-mails that go to my comcast e-mail address > to be sent to my outlook address, how do I do this. I'm not sure if I have > my outlook setup properly, how would I know There isn't an "Outlook address". MS Outlook is a mail client, your Comcast email address points to a server which...

cannot receive mail #4
For some strange reason I cannot receive email. I can send but not receive. I have checked all the settings and they look good. It says sending and receiving in the right hand corner. I do not get any errors. The send receive message goes away but no mail. I know there is mail because I go on the internet and check to see if I have mail and there is some. I am on a wireless network with my other computer. I have it set up so the mail stays on the server so my wife can check the mail on my other computer. On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:06:44 -0500, Bob wrote: > For some strange ...

Mutiple e-mails
I realize you probably get A LOT of e-mail, so I will keep it short. I just signed up with DSL, and I have multiple e-mails now. How can I have a separate inbox for each e-mail so I can use outlook for all of them without changing user names. Basically a separate inbox for each separate e-mail account, because one is for business, personal, and another is generic. Thank you in advance for your help. Will ...

Microsoft Money Deluxe 2004 #2
How do I install on a drive other than C? I am running Windows XP Home Edition. In microsoft.public.money, Don wrote: >How do I install on a drive other than C? I am running Windows XP Home >Edition. Early in the install process, Money has a place to click to change where the installation is to take place. If you install in a drive other than the system drive, there could be an issue. I was thinking there might be, but I don't find a reference. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/79917/en-us implies that should work. There is no problem. I have always installed Money (from M...

Outlook startup #2
All of a sudden all our outlook client (Outlook2002/Exchange 2000) are getting the following message: "Your microsoft exchange server is unavailable" with the retry and cancel options. We hit the retry option it connects to the exchange. Any ideas???? Sounds like name resolution problems. Can you ping the Exchange server, by name, from the affected workstations? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup....

NO #2
Seriously Microsoft, what the fuck? I'm not saying this as some sort of mac fan or money zealot or whatever. Hell, I even worked for you once... but.. YOU ARE DEAD TO ME! Fine, stop selling Money, I don't care. BUT LEAVE YOUR GOD DAMNED SERVERS UP SO WE CAN GET ONLINE UPDATES INDEFINITELY. How much could that cost you a month? A couple thou? You throw more than that away every second repairing peoples broken Xbox 360s. This is a new freakin low. Seriously. ...

Moving Email Domain off of Exchange #2

Combine 2 rows if name is same in Column B & C on both
Combine 2 rows if name is same in Column B & C on both 2 spreadsheets - Sheet 1 is bigger with extra names in column B & C Lastname Firstname Both - Column B & C Lastname Firstname - both sheets Sheet 1 has data in Col. D & E Sheet 2 has data in Col. F & G Sheet 1 has extra names not in Sheet 2 If Sheet 1 B&C = Sheet 2 B&C , then add F&G columns from sheet 2 , behind D& E columns on sheet 1 , for the match of names in Column B & C Thanks kerns.walter@epa.gov On Nov 13, 12:50 pm, wk <kerns.wal...@epa.gov> wrote: > Combine 2 rows if name...

SDK for Microsoft POS 2.0
Does anyone know of an SDK for MS POS 2.0? I have noticed several companies making add-ons for modules for MS POS, are they standalone products that integrate with the POS database or are they actually integrated into the MS POS itself? Thanks for your comments. On Nov 22, 4:46=A0am, NetKnight <NetKni...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of an SDK for MS POS 2.0? > Thanks for your comments. they are standalone products integrated with the database, and also add-on integrated with SO POS/SO Manager via COM antonio ...

View both incoming/outgoing messages by Thread or Conversation ? #2
Is it possible to view messages in outlook 2003 by Thread or Conversation, both incoming and outgoing, in a single folder, or Inbox, just like Outlook Express News Reader. For example: + Sent Message + Received Reply +Sent Message or Replied + Received Reply I tried using Arrange by Conversation Option in outlook 2003 Inbox Folder, but its just showing Inbox Messages, not Sent Items Messages. Best Regards, Luqman ...

will not let me add my hot mail e-mail
how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look "stephen2428" <stephen2428@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:101C02C3-519B-4B3C-8D8B-FABDCDEB9DE7@microsoft.com > how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look You can't unless you have a paid-for Premium Account. "stephen2428" <stephen2428@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:101C02C3-519B-4B3C-8D8B-FABDCDEB9DE7@microsoft.com... > how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look And we are supposed to guess as to WHICH version of Outlook that you use? HTTPmail got added fo...

Compile Error in hidden module: Autoexec #2
I need help when ever I opepen or close any office product ( excel , word etc...) I get the message shown above.... How do I fix it please help ag Take a look at this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 HTH Anders Silven "Ash" <ashrafg@sympatico.ca> skrev i meddelandet news:1574f01c446a0$4b5db2c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I need help when ever I opepen or close any office > product ( excel , word etc...) I get the message shown > above.... How do I fix it please help > > ag ...

mail server
There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Server: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 That is what i recieve after setting up a new identity. A box pops up with my username and a password, but i don't know what the password is or why my account will not authorize. why wont it work?? This is on Outlook Express-making a new identity "Soph...

Won't Remember Password #2
My email account calls for the password everytime I use it. Even when I check the box to remember my password, it won't retain it. I run XP. Anyone else having problems with this? If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 = patches, then see if this article addresses your problemL OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a = POP3 Server http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=3Dkb;en-us;290684 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups...

uploading 2 or more mailboxes on 1 user account
I was able to reconnect 1 mailbox to 1 user account, but what i' looking is the way wherein i can reconnect 2 or more mailboxes into user account because instead of giving a 1:1 user account to eac person we will be replacing it and giving them an account per area Hence they already have their own personal account we will b deleting it; How can i put all their messages from their persona account into the single account that we wil be giving to them Hi, More than one mailbox per account is not possible in Exchange 200x. You can do that with Exchange 5.x Regards, -- Menko den Ouden ...

inverting data #2
Please help, I'm stuck! I conducted a survey where respondants each gave answers to 30 questions using a Likert scale i.e. they answered either 1,2,3,4 or 5 to each question. The data is in the following form: Question # q1 q2 q3 q4 q5 1 2 4 2 1 2 2 4 1 2 1 4 3 4 4 2 1 4 4 2 3 2 2 5 5 2 3 4 5 3 My problem is that half of the questions were asked in a negative direction to avoid possible response bias. For the answers to these questions, I need to reverse the answers. If the repondant answered 1, I want to record 5, if 2 then 4, if 3 then 3, if 4 then 2, if 5 then 1. Is there an...

What program is trying to access e-mail address information stored in outlook?
I have one user (Vista Business, Outlook 2007 connected to Exchange 2003) who has today started to see a pop-up from Outlook saying: "A program is trying to access e-mail address information stored in Outlook. If this is unexpected, click Deny and verify your antivirus software is up-to-date." Anti-virus (McAfee) is up todate, and I'm doing a scan now and afterwards will do a separate scan for malware. This user tells me that he hasn't knowingly installed anything recently. My question is: is there any way to determine what the program is which is try...

Rule to forward mail to external address doesn't work
It might be an XCON issue but I didn't find the corresponding group so I post my questions here. I set up a rule that when an email arrives if my name is in the "to" or "cc" field then forward the email to another external SMTP address for example an hotmail address. however this rule never works through. It's a Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 SP1 I have no problem to manually forward the email to that external SMTP address; If forward to an mailbox in our Exchange Org, it works; I turned on diagnostic for Transport, no error or warning logged; I tracked mes...

Don't know where else to put q's. 2 questions. 11g Dongle and wire
What is and Acer WLAN 11g USB Dongle? It is some program that is on my computer and pops-up at start-up. I'v double clicked it, and nothing happens. I went on Acers site, and I can find nothing. Even some freeware mentions it, but they only talked about the freeware, not this WLAN 11g itself. And how can I tell if I have wireless or not. This seems like a nobrainer, you have it or not. But some documents on my computer mention wireless internet surfing in programs that are there. I use a high speed connection through an external modem that connects to my comuter and the w...

Cannot customize the Outlook READ MAIL toolbar
Problem Description: I cannot customize the Outlook READ MAIL toolbar Problem Area: E-mail Problems Frequency of problem: Always Happens Operating system / version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - 5.1.2600 ...

Email retention policy relative to CRM e-mails tracked from Outloo
Toss up question for the blue team. When one hits "Track in CRM" on an e-mail from outlook we all know that it CREATES an e-mail in the CRM system. The date that the e-mail is created in CRM is placed in the field CreatonDate. When we look at the related record it shows up in order based on the Created Date. The rub is this. What do we do when we have a user who is just coming on board with CRM and they have e-mail history they want to link that goes back years. There does not seem to be any linking relative to the received date. Which is actually much more relevant ...

Database problem #2
Hi guys, I wrote an application that reads about 50.000 records from many files and wrote these in a db. This application is really slow. Can the cause of this slowness be the reading from the files? If yes, can I resolve with 2 thread where one will makes a cache of records reads from the files and the other writes the data in the db? Tnx It's more likely to be the writing in the db that's slow, assuming that you're not processing the files as you open them. One thing that might help in this case is to close any open indexes before adding the new records, and re-create the in...