Mail addressed to user delivered to domain

Hi Guys,

My client is running SBS2003 and exchange SP1

I have had a meeting request from an external source sent to a user in the
organisation.  It has then been received by all users within the
organisation.  I have opened the meeting request and it is only addressed to
the user.  I have checked the exchange logs and it clearly shows the message
received by everyone, then an NDR sent for any users who were disabled.

I am at a loss to explain how this could occur.

Does anyone have any ideas?
0
Thorny (4)

On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 23:30:08 -0800, Thorny
<Thorny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi Guys,
>
>My client is running SBS2003 and exchange SP1
>
>I have had a meeting request from an external source sent to a user in the
>organisation.  It has then been received by all users within the
>organisation.  I have opened the meeting request and it is only addressed to
>the user.  I have checked the exchange logs and it clearly shows the message
>received by everyone, then an NDR sent for any users who were disabled.
>
>I am at a loss to explain how this could occur.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas?

Is this even remotely legitimate as a message? The most obvious is
that the sender BCC'd the ""everyone in company" email address (if you
have one) or there is some odd delegate permission going on.
I've never seen a situation where Exchange goes rogue and starts
launching invites or messages at folk without valid reason.

0
mark7219 (5666)

Mailing address fields
I have 4 address fields in database But not need to use all of them every time. How can I remove (eg address2 ) and shift the other fields (eg suburb and city) up a slot . I dont want to have gaps in the address label header. There's a report wizard that will lay your address lables out correctly for you. Essentially, you set the Can Shrink property of the text box to Yes. If it is null, the text box then shrinks vertically as if it were zero-height (provided there are no other things beside it that prevent this.) The Detail section also has a Can Shink property. If you want the ...

RPC over HTTP domain members only?
Does the XP machine have to be a domain member? I tell you, I have luck only 50% of the time with RPC over HTTP. I'm still looking for that one, golden document which covers any and all scenarios and makes it work every time! Thanks No it does not. "you know who maybe" <nguser2u@spamnotAOL.com> wrote in message news:110l7kjsmkf5d28@news.supernews.com... > Does the XP machine have to be a domain member? > > I tell you, I have luck only 50% of the time with RPC over HTTP. I'm > still looking for that one, golden document which covers any and all ...

DL and Ghost User.
Query. A user has been nuked from and EXch5.5 server. Not listed in ANY DL (this has been checked by five different people). Yet, an email gets sent to a DL that the user did belong to (noting the above that the user is NOT in the DL). Yet the MTA still tries to send a message to the uer. Any ideas??? Ricardo I think (maybe) that certain versions of the MTA did this, and a restart of the MTA service cured the problem. Have you tried that? For the record, what SP level are you at? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk &quo...

e-mail aliases
We have 2 e-mail addresses that are user names and have to be recieved by one specific user. (info@ and help@) To do this as I understand it, We should be creating a distribution list and group in the Exchange Server 2003. I follow the steps to do this in the "How to create a distribution list (distribution group) in Exchange Server 2003" article http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821904. We name a group name infobecky and helpbecky as becky will be the one getting these mails. (We go through the steps twice once for each e-mail name). The Group Scope is set to UNIVERSAL The...

Help!! sort address field by street, then number??
Is there a way to accomplish this feat?? cell data "7004 Brookville Rd" need the file by street name , then by number. All suggestions deeply appreciated. Keef If you're lucky you could use Data|Text to columns. To separate pieces into individual columns. But I've never been lucky enough to get 100% -- lots of manual effort may be required. Keefer wrote: > > Is there a way to accomplish this feat?? > cell data > "7004 Brookville Rd" > need the file by street name , then by number. > > All suggestions deeply appreciated. > > Keef...

How can i asign MBF roles to user accounts?
Hello. I want to asign to user accounts the next roles: MBF roles: - Order Management Customer - Customer (Advanced role) I was wondering how can I make this Thanks for your help Jose Ponce Aguilar ...

Can I have two Internet Mail Services in one Exchange 5.5 Organiza
Hello, My current environment consists of 6 mailbox servers and one server hosting the internet mail service (Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000). I need to use one of the 6 mailbox servers for a product that will need to route outbound mail to another server for other secure outbound services while the other 5 servers route to the current internet mail service. Is this possible? Can I add a secondary internet mail service just for this one server? I am not able to find any knowledge base articles for assistance. Thanks in advance! On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:36:10 -0700, "exadm" &l...

Received mail notification in Outlook 2007
I am very satisfied with the performance of Outlook 2007, except I would like to set it up so I would be notified of incomming mail with a voice, such as "you got mail". Is it possible, and how? That's a Windows setting in Control Panel, Sounds. Under Windows Sounds, choose one for New mail Notification. "RigaLVB" wrote: > I am very satisfied with the performance of Outlook 2007, except I would > like to set it up so I would be notified of incomming mail with a voice, > such as "you got mail". Is it possible, and how? > > > ...

Windows 7 Mail problem 12-08-09
Using Windows 7 Professional with a Gmail account. I installed Windows Live Mail and it works - but. Whenever I Sync (F5) it takes a long time and sometimes indicates the server is not connected too. Do I want to wait and I answer yes - then it proceeds VERY SLOWLY? Is there a problem with Google Gmail and Syncing mail? Is there something I missed in the setup? thx You'll find support for Windows Live Mail (WLMail) in this public newsgroup: microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop Via the web-interface: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/...

Public Folder Contacts for addressing email in OWA
OK, Exchange 2003 SP2, users can access OWA just fine. They can view a shared calendar in Public folders... they can view a shared contacts file in Public folders... what I cannot seem to be able to get to work... is a way for users to address new emails using the shared contacts in Public folders. Clicking "To" or "find" does not allow you to select the contacts listed in the Public folders. Can this be done? I don't think there is anyway to make a public folder Contacts folder visible in OWA. Maybe someone like Messageware (www.messageware.com) has an add-on ...

User name does not show up in Global Address List in Outlook
We created several AD accounts with email. I look at the exchange server and the recipients policy is default. Is there an options or configurations I need to do so the user email address will automatically show up in the global address list? I am stump as to why it does not show up in global address list. they should, automatically...are the AD accounts stamped with an smtp address? If not, it would appear that your RUS is malfunctioning...if they are, you should be able to see them in the GAL unless you're running Outlook in cached mode, maybe, and your OAB is not updating... -...

mail merge multiple lines in an e-mail
How can I merge multiple lines from an excel document into one e-mail ? So the e-mails should be dynamical. Hi Guy, There's probably an Excel vba solution for this, but there's also a Word mailmerge/vba solution using Word's Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge facility (the terminolgy depends on the Word version). To see how, check out my Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge Tutorial at: http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=731107 or http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document included with i...

Fail to deliver in time
Hi, We have all Outlook 2003 and one of the users didn't received e-mail in time and new mail notification never warned. I checked all settings comparing with different users and couldn't find anything to stoping delivering messages. He starts to use Send/Receve function in order to get all new messages. Any help? Thanks. Art. Make sure Outlook isn't placed in Offline Mode; File-> Work Offline -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- &qu...

Exchange 5.5 E mail message
I have one user who: Gets E-mails about one month after the sent date and two gets a message in those one month old E-mails; from legitimate people that says: "No Message collected". I read on the internet, that AOL Had this "No Message collected" problem. I called and talked to an AOL mail administrator and he knew nothing about this problem. Anyone have any ideas what is wrong here. TIA, Jess tsqr55@yahoo.com "Jess" <Jess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have one user who: Gets E-mails about one month after the sent date and >two ge...

Forward mail from certain person from one Public Folder to another.
I'm trying to figure out how to make the exchange server (not outlook) move mail which comes into a public folder (from the internet) from a specific FROM address to a subfolder of our 'abuse' folder. I tried using the folder assistant but i didnt see a way to make it allow me to specify a folder as the destination. thanks, -Drew ...

e-mail just sits
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5140F.E1605920 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am having a problem with my e-mail just staying in my outbox. I am = using Outlook that came with MS Office Professional 2003 I compose my mail and hit send and it just stays in my in box. It = doesn't matter how many times I hit send & receive it will no go out, = It happen about 50% of the time. It seams to happen more when I have an = attachments with the mail. --=20 Regards, Ron ...

send to recipient mail as attachment
when I try to send an open word file by selecting send to recipient as attachment it simply opens up outlook with the mentioned document in attachment when a perticular user tries to do this she gets an error message bottom line is that this functionality only works for some people and it will never work for others where can I find info on how to solve this by changing settings in office or in the registry or whatever I have already googled and only found pointers to mapi errors telling me absolutely nothing new they all state that this is happening because outlook or outlook express...

User win32 dll
Hi I've an MFC application that has to call the functions of a win32 dll. I have the dll and its header file containing functions headers and lib file. How can I do so. Regards Usman > I've an MFC application that has to call the functions of a win32 dll. I > have the dll and its header file containing functions headers and lib file. > How can I do so. You just need to link against the .lib file. What exactly is that you are not able to do? --- Ajay There's a function in the Dll that I've to use i.e MyDllFunction(unsinged int) In my MFC application, I...

Setup user permissions
Please can someone help us to understand how we can structure the user permission in the scernario below. We have offices in various countries. The teams are divided into Sales and Marketing at every location. Each location sales and marketing teams exist in the same business unit so can view the data of each other but we now have lets say a Marketing Director who wants to be able to see the data of all marketing teams but the sales director should be able to see the data of all sales team. Sales and marketing do not want to share the data above the business unit they are in. MY Org ...

Array of User define data.
I want to use a typed data of array. Type myType X As Long Y As Long End Type Dim myMatrix(20)(20) As myType But above code is wrong. How to that right VBA coding? Another question. Can I use a Variant array such as dim myVar as Long = 20 Dim myMatrix(myVar) As myType Thanks... I think this is what you mean Dim myarray() As myType ReDim myarray(1 To 20) myarray(1).X = 1 myarray(1).Y = 3 Const cLen As Long = 20 Dim myArray2(cLen) As myType myArray2(20).X = 1 myarray(20).Y = 2 -- HTH Bob Phillips "Cactus [������]" <a@b.com> wrote in mes...

WLM hijacking my default mail handler
I wish to change my default mail handler from WLM to Outlook Express. I've made all the necessary default program changes in the Control Panel, in IE and in OE, but still, when I right-click on a file and select "send to mail recipient", WLM opens. The dll thingy in the Registry path is visible and indicates OE, but still WLM opens. What else could I try? -- Mark Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Set Program Access and Defaults | Custom + Down Arrow | Select the radio button for Outlook Express. Make OE the default e-mail client: http://www.oehelp.com/o...

Transferring mail folders, contacts, & messages
I am relatively new to Windows and Office XP. I have been operating under the "Administrator" user. Now that I have added other users I have discovered I cannot easily access my information under Administrator. Thus I need to create a new username for myself. After I create this, how can I transfer all of my Outlook information to the new username? Thanks. Sherry <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am relatively new to Windows and Office XP. I have > been operating under the "Administrator" user. Now that > I have added other users...

Outlook 2002 / Address Book
I recently had problems when installing XP SP2. Finally the only way to recover was to do a full clean and reload. Copying all files to a second drive the full re- install. After putting Outlook 2002 back on and trying to import the Outlook.pst file with no luck I tried the following: 1. moved the current outlook.pst file up one level. 2. copied the old outlook.pst file to the same location where the new one used to reside. 3. opened outlook and viola, there is all my mail. 4. no listings in the address book. 5. all the people are listed under the contacts folder icon. 6. cannot add a...

disable relay for authenticated users
I apologize for the simplicity of this question. I just don't know the answer. I have a small office (25 users) We have a few people who use a VPN and we also use OWA to gain access to our email. Are there any implications to these users if I were to disable relaying for authenticed users and only allow my internal network's ip address range? I want to eliminate any chance of smtp auth attack but don't want to adversely affect our users. thanks. If you don't have external POP users just disable authenticated relay entirely - if you DO, you can still disable it and l...

WLM no pictures in one address
I cannot see pictures in emails from one address nor does the Unknown Sender/Delete and Block/Allow Sender tool bar appear above the email. What's wrong? -- lQQkitsAK If it's just one sender, it could be something wrong with the messages. Take a look at the Message Source (Ctrl-F3) for the problem message. If FROM: header doesn't contain an e-mail address, you won't won't be able to block/allow that sender since that's the criteria. As for the pictures, do you see any picture attachments? For what to look for, see: Decoding Internet Attachments -...