Lotus Domino for Connectivity with Exchange Server

For Exchange Connector for Lotus Notes to synchronize Active directory
service and the Domino Directory, the Notes user ID that the connector
uses must have Editor access (and can delete rights) to the Domino
Directory.

I would prefer not to give editor rights in the Name.nsf file. Besides
synchronization between the two environment what other function will be
lost or problem will happen?
thanks

0
totalnet32 (18)

On 29 Nov 2006 09:28:49 -0800, totalnet32@hotmail.com wrote:

>For Exchange Connector for Lotus Notes to synchronize Active directory
>service and the Domino Directory, the Notes user ID that the connector
>uses must have Editor access (and can delete rights) to the Domino
>Directory.
>

>I would prefer not to give editor rights in the Name.nsf file. Besides
>synchronization between the two environment what other function will be
>lost or problem will happen?
>thanks

If you don't want to sync the directories why use the connector at
all, just use SMTP.
What's your real problem?
0
mark7219 (5666)

Outlook XP Cannot Access Exchange 5.5
Hi all, We are currently migrating our outlook clients from 2000 to XP. But with some users (1 out of 10) cannot access there mailbox, on our exchange 5.5 SP server, with Outlook XP. They get a dialog asking them for there username and password. When you type in nothing happens no error, you just have retype the password. If they use Outlook 2000 they can there mailbox just fine. I have found MS KB 297781 "You Repeatedly Receive a Prompt for Credentials When You Log On to the E-mail Server" But this seems to be only if access with a pop3 account. Is this a know problem?...

Hide "All Disabled Accounts" from Exchange address list. #2
I'm trying to remove ex-employees names from the global address list in Exchange. The ex-employees accounts are disabled and many have been selected to "Hide from Exchange address list," but there are still a bunch of disabled accounts with active names in the global address list. Is there some action or query I can run to select "Hide from exchange address list" on all disabled accounts? Doing this one by one would be a total pain. Thanks Hi you can do this by using vbscript together with some LDAP filter but you could also use a tool (ADModify for example) that hel...

Exchange Server 2007 and Domain Controllers
Hello, Could someone please tell me if I have to install Exchange Server 2007 on a AD Domain Controller, or can it be installed on a member server? I have a Windows 2008 Server that is a member server in a Windows 2003 Active Directory network that I'm looking to install Exchange 2007 on. Also, could someone tell me if there are any articles out there that will help me install my Exchange 2007 in the same domain as an existing Exchange 2003 Server (running on Windows 2000 Server)? I'm looking to install the new Exchange 2007 as a new server (new name) and migrate th...

XPath asp:Label "The server tag is not well formed" compiler error
I have the a repeater which is databound to an XmlDatasource. Inside the repeater is a Label as follows: <asp:Label ID="lbl" runat="server" Text='<%# XPath("Asset_Metadata[App_Data[@Name = 'NVOD_Genre']/@Value")%>' /> This gives me a "The server tag is not well formed". It seems to be because of the single quotes in the XPath statement. I've tried changing the single quotes to &apos; which compiles fine, but gives an "Invalid Token" runtime error. If I use it on an HTML control w/out runat="server&...

Exchange 2003
I'm stumped and I only have 1/2 of the puzzle. Our organization is signing up to begin an epaystubs service for our employees. The company that provides this service has asked us for our exchange server IP, email address for the service account, and a username/ password for the account. I have setup a service email account for notifications with a username and password. I gave this information to the company that is providing the service. However, it will not work. They house the software on their server and use the email account and credentials that I set up for the service account ...

Can't connect to 5.5 during forestprep
While running forestprep in my root domain (Exchange 5.5 resides in another trusted domain), I received this message: "Setup encountered an error while attempting to bind to the Exchange server "servernamehere": 0XC103FC93(64659): Could not bind to the Microsoft Exchange Directory server servernamehere. The Microsoft Exchange Server computer does not respond." Any ideas? Many thanks, Mark Here's an update - now I've gotten a little farther. It's telling me that I don't have permissions required to complete the operation. The plot thickens... I hav...

Hotmail/outlook 0x800CCC0D error 'server not found'
for the last 4 days I been getting intermittent error message with my Outlook2003..............Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'The server could not be found.' I've been grandfathered in so I am allowed to use Outlook with my Hotmail. I've repaired outlook, used the Winsock fixer, turned off NAV and Norton Security, went from wireless to plugged directly in the the cable modem, etc. Now I found out my Father, next town over, is having the same happen to him. Different Internet provider. Looking on the http://su...

how to view the mail on the exchange mail server
hi, i want to know one thing how to view the mails of one particular mailbox on the server,can i read that message pls give me suggestion,how i can do this thing.os is 2003 server and exchange 2003. if some one know this thing pls give immediate response. from jitender Hi I don’t really understood your question If you have the appropriate permission you can use Outlook or OWA Regards, Shai Netanel "jitender" wrote: > hi, > i want to know one thing how to view the mails of one particular > mailbox on the server,can i read that message pls give me > suggestion,how i ...

Microsoft CRM and Team Foundation Server
We are looking at implementing Microsoft Team Foundation Server and Microsoft CRM. Can anyone tell me if I will run into problems if I try to install both of these on one box? ...

Exchange 5.5 Relay
I posted this earlier this week, but have done some research and can clarify my question. I found that my IMC queue is full of outgoing messages that appear to be spam (including the famous Paypal phishing scam). It seems obvious that my exchange 5.5 is being used as a relay. The reading I have done has left me questioning what would be the BEST way to stop this from happening, since there is a lot of advice on this issue. This exchange server is 5 yrs old, slow, and low on disk space (just above 1gb left. So this is constantly filling up my log files. Can anyone give me advice o...

CRM 3.0 crm Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-mail Router
HI all, i send the email from CRM to other people. but no have any recipient received the mail. i go event viewer check, no have any error msg found. my CRM 3.0 Server is install in computer a, Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-mail Router is on another server. what can i do to find out the what cause the email can't send. any help will be greatly apprieated. Hi, When i run Rule Deployment Wizard - and apply the rule to accounts, then i run Rule Deployment Wizard -and verify the rules. all users get the error message "The rule is apply but is not enabled" what does this mean? a...

XMLSerializer and SQL Server
Hello, I'm trying to use the FOR XML EXPLICIT clause with SQL Server to deserialize data from my database into a strongly-typed collection object that I will use throughout my application. I initially tested my design by building a collection in code and then serializing it to/from an XML file, which worked fine. However, I have hit a brick wall trying to restore the data from SQL Server. I originally had my collection and object classes just marked as [Serializable()] without any of the XML Serialization attributes; however, replacing the "standard" serialization a...

Store.exe utilized over 90% CPU resource (exchange 2000)
Dear all, I ready installed Post-SP3 and modified register according to KB. But it still happens. Pls advise how to troubleshoot this problem. Thank in advance Regards Jeff Li You may need a specific fix. Try this article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=821411 "Jeff Li" <JeffLi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E04BC3CD-ED03-415F-8D8B-090D5DFB4863@microsoft.com... > Dear all, > > I ready installed Post-SP3 and modified register according to KB. But it > still happens. Pls advise how to troubleshoot this problem. > > Thank in adv...

mailing list servers for Exchange 2000/2003?
Are there any decent majordomo/listserv servers that integrate with Windows 2003 and Exchange 2000/2003? Try http://www.ikakura.com "Robert Gordon" <Robert_Gordon@nospam.perlegen.com> wrote in message news:#X1spgS5DHA.1368@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Are there any decent majordomo/listserv servers that integrate with Windows > 2003 and Exchange 2000/2003? > > ...

How do I use Outlook 2003 with the Win2003 built-in POP3 server?
I am running a small network using Win2003 R2 servers and XP Pro workstations. I do not have Exchange and use the built-in POP3 server for email. I am using Outlook 2007 on the workstations to retrieve mail, but my users need to roam. All my users' data is redirected to an NFS share on my servers and I have relocated their pst files to their home folders. This seems to work OK, except for one user. In this case, when she opens Outlook, she gets the initial setup condition and we need to re-enter all her data again. The pst file seems to be intact and her mail is not lost. I h...

Can't connect to my wireless home network?
Hi all, been having PC trouble in waves lately... not sure why... anyway, here's the current saga. I can not connect one of my PC's to my home network. Here's the whole story... OK, first, I had a problem with a mouse driver that I posted here about earlier. I ended up just "fixing" it myself by imaging a clean HDD that I had laying around for the exact same computer (I'd bought it for parts when I needed a screen backlight, and later a keyboard) and reinstalling all my apps and then moving my documents back over. At the same time I turned it ...

moving to exchange from gordano
whatare the steps to safely move a outlook user from gordano to exchange server using a .pst and having the user move wanted pieces of mail from old inbox and folders to new .pst? ...

Exchange 2003 Books
Dear All, Hello. I have extensive Exchange 2000 experience. Are there any books on Ex2003 worth getting? Thanks to All! Angel Microsoft Exchange 2003 Unleashed (Sams) is the only book I found useful. "Angel" wrote: > Dear All, > > Hello. I have extensive Exchange 2000 experience. > > Are there any books on Ex2003 worth getting? > > Thanks to All! > > Angel > > replied in microsoft.public.certification -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Angel" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Updating the ntext data type in SQL Server from a MFC Application
How would perform this type of update using IADORecordBinding? I have been trying to work with WCHAR, adLongVarWChar and CString. I can declare WCHAR as a static array but this limits the amount of input available. I need something more dynamic. ...

how i can configure OWA in exchange 2003
hi i have a exchange server 2003 configured for internet.MX records and host records are on ISP dns server.now i want to configure OWA access for my users.how i can configure OWA and how i can add my company logo page in OWA throuh user can sign in my exchange server. ali On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 01:04:01 -0800, ali akbar <aliakbar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi >i have a exchange server 2003 configured for internet.MX records and host >records are on ISP dns server.now i want to configure OWA access for my >users.how i can configure OWA and how i can add my company...

HOWTO: Bulk change "Hide from Exchange address lists" under "Exchange Advanced" using ADModify or VBScript
Using ADModify: (http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/releases/viewuploads.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2) 1. Select the CUSTOM tab 2. Check Box "Make a customized attribute modification" 3. Attribute Name field, enter "msExchHideFromAddressLists" (without quotes) 4. Attribute Value field, enter "TRUE" to Hide from lists, "FALSE" to show in lists (again, without quotes) 5. Hit Go! ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Using VBScript: (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/resources/qanda/oct05/hey...

Scripting mass folder creation within Exchange 5.5 mailbox
Hi all, I am wondering if anyone has heard of a way to script the creation of a folder within every user's mailbox on Exchange server 5.5? I am trying to put filtered SPAM into a "Junk" folder within a users mailbox and then set a rule to delete all content with 30 days if unread. Of course there can be no user interaction for the process, and I'd like to do it from the server side. All ideas are welcome, except calling MS, already did. Thanks in advance, John Just an FYI that if you "ever" go to Exchange 2003/Outlook 2003 a "Junk E-mail" folder is...

error (0x8007000E) in Cached Exchange Mode
My exchange 2000 server (with latest SP) has been running well for almost three years. In the last few days I have had several users complain that they can't download their mail. Switching off Cached Exchange Mode seems to fix the problem, but it's a mess because they can't use the junk mail filter in non-cached mode. I have seen a number of recent posts regarding this problem in other forums. Does anyone have a clue as to what is causing this problem? It seems to have cropped up only in the last few weeks. Scott Graber SysAdmin Image Labs International scottgraber &quo...

sychronizing data between two servers
Hello: We just moved GP and its SQL data from one server to another. The old server will be used as a backup server, should the new server ever go offline. In the event that the new server does go offline, IT will take backups of the SQL databases and restore into the old server. The head of IT is wondering if there is some sort of automated means of synchronizing the data between the two servers. Ideally, he'd like to press a button on Friday or Saturday and have the new GP transactions and changes transferred to the old server. Is there a such way of accomplishing this? chil...

Exchange losing Signatures
Using Outlook 2003, when I send a mail with a signature that is composed of text and an animated GIF, the image never seems to be delivered. If I send to myself it seems that the majority of the HTML code is stripped out between the sent mail and what is received back. I have checked the KB and there are some articles that relate to signatures being corrupted when using Word as the e-mail editor but I don't have a problem until I actually send the mail. Can anyone suggest where I should begin my search for the fault? Many thanks, jON p.s. I am using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003...