Lost Public Folders with Digital ID

Hi,

I'm using Exchange 2003 with SP1 and a CA Server.  I created my own Digital
ID that I installed on my Outlook 2003.

Somehow I lost my public folders after the installation.

How do I get this back?  Please advise.

Digital ID is working fine except the above problem.  And I got slow
response when the root is not offline and subordinate have CRLs to execute.
Does root need to be online when CRLs need to be executed?

Thanks,
Ricky
0
RickyVene (6)

Can you see these folders via another Outlook client?  I have never seen a
certificate cause public folders to disappear.

When you say the root CA is "offline", do you mean the server itself is off?
If you the CRL location is  on the root server, then that would cause CRL
checking to fail.  Usually, when you implement a root CA and subordinates,
the root CA does not issue certs, only the subordinates.

--
Jim McBee
Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com

"RickyVene" <RickyVene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Exchange 2003 with SP1 and a CA Server.  I created my own
> Digital
> ID that I installed on my Outlook 2003.
>
> Somehow I lost my public folders after the installation.
>
> How do I get this back?  Please advise.
>
> Digital ID is working fine except the above problem.  And I got slow
> response when the root is not offline and subordinate have CRLs to
> execute.
> Does root need to be online when CRLs need to be executed?
>
> Thanks,
> Ricky

0
jmcbee9404 (625)
10/28/2006 10:15:00 PM
I hope your still not shaking when you answered my question...

The dc backup subordinates won't run anymore after a week of revoking some
certificates.  And I found out that my own Digital ID won't run properly
without the subordinates running properly.  I turned on back my root.  And my
subordinates run back properly and then all my Digital ID got remove all the
yellow exclamatory point.  This is OK now.

My first question is that my public folders can't be seen anymore.  But if
on my other computer and outlook 2003 without certificates, it shows.  So for
sure, certificate is the one who screwed my public folders.

Ricky

"Jim McBee (MVP - Exchange)" wrote:

> Can you see these folders via another Outlook client?  I have never seen a
> certificate cause public folders to disappear.
>
> When you say the root CA is "offline", do you mean the server itself is off?
> If you the CRL location is  on the root server, then that would cause CRL
> checking to fail.  Usually, when you implement a root CA and subordinates,
> the root CA does not issue certs, only the subordinates.
>

> --
> Jim McBee
> Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com
> Directory Update - http://www.directory-update.com
>

> "RickyVene" <RickyVene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using Exchange 2003 with SP1 and a CA Server.  I created my own
> > Digital
> > ID that I installed on my Outlook 2003.
> >
> > Somehow I lost my public folders after the installation.
> >
> > How do I get this back?  Please advise.
> >
> > Digital ID is working fine except the above problem.  And I got slow
> > response when the root is not offline and subordinate have CRLs to
> > execute.
> > Does root need to be online when CRLs need to be executed?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ricky

0
RickyVene (6)
10/28/2006 11:17:02 PM
Fortunately, the shaking out here has stopped.  The biggest problem that day
was just we were without power for almost 13 hours.  :-)   I don't think our
electric company had ever done a complete grid restart.  Life without
electricity is pretty boring.

When you open up or view the folder tree in Outlook 2003, do you even see
the Public Folders root container?  If so, can you see the All Public
Folders container or any of the folders therein?

--

>I hope your still not shaking when you answered my question...
>
> The dc backup subordinates won't run anymore after a week of revoking some
> certificates.  And I found out that my own Digital ID won't run properly
> without the subordinates running properly.  I turned on back my root.  And
> my
> subordinates run back properly and then all my Digital ID got remove all
> the
> yellow exclamatory point.  This is OK now.
>
> My first question is that my public folders can't be seen anymore.  But if
> on my other computer and outlook 2003 without certificates, it shows.  So
> for
> sure, certificate is the one who screwed my public folders.
>
> Ricky
>
> "Jim McBee (MVP - Exchange)" wrote:
>
>> Can you see these folders via another Outlook client?  I have never seen
>> certificate cause public folders to disappear.
>>
>> When you say the root CA is "offline", do you mean the server itself is
>> off?
>> If you the CRL location is  on the root server, then that would cause CRL
>> checking to fail.  Usually, when you implement a root CA and
>> subordinates,
>> the root CA does not issue certs, only the subordinates.
>>

>> --
>> Jim McBee
>> Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com
>> Directory Update - http://www.directory-update.com
>>

>> "RickyVene" <RickyVene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm using Exchange 2003 with SP1 and a CA Server.  I created my own
>> > Digital
>> > ID that I installed on my Outlook 2003.
>> >
>> > Somehow I lost my public folders after the installation.
>> >
>> > How do I get this back?  Please advise.
>> >
>> > Digital ID is working fine except the above problem.  And I got slow
>> > response when the root is not offline and subordinate have CRLs to
>> > execute.
>> > Does root need to be online when CRLs need to be executed?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Ricky

0
jmcbee9404 (625)

Cannot move emails between folders

Sent Items to Public folder?
Hi How can I synch user's sent itmes to a particular public folder? Thanks Himalyas wrote: > Hi > > How can I synch user's sent itmes to a particular public folder? > > Thanks No syncing is possible. You could use a rule for this. If this is a mail-enabled public folder and you have multiple people accessing it/using Send As for it, consider using a shared mailbox instead...and see www.ivasoft.biz. Thanks for help. Could you please suggest me good book on public folders and exchange 2003 in general? I have not touched exchange since 5.5. "Lanwench [MVP - ...

lost menu bar #2
HELP!!! The main menu bar is missing off my excel sheet and I can't seem to find anyone to help me get it back. The menu I am missing is the one that includes - File, Edit, Insert and etc. I have tried...right clicking - customize - toolbars, but I don't seem to have the needed item. Anyone with suggestions - please reply... Thanks. Hi if you right-click on the menu bar you should see an item like 'General'. Check this item -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany JoEllen OSBDC wrote: > HELP!!! The main menu bar is missing off my excel sheet > and I can't s...

Exchange database folder
Hi! I have just installed Exchange 2003 on windows 2003 server and all files (database, mailboxes....) are installed on drive "c:". How could move all on drive "e:" ? Thanks Antonio Grasso Hi Open ESM, navigate to the server -> Mailbox Store -> Properties -> -> Database TAB Click "Brows" for Exchange Database file and brows to the new location Do the same fore the Exchange streaming file Click Apply, after move process finished you notify for it It is highly recommended that you move the Transaction Log to another location then The operatio...

Rename/Delete/Deactivate Junk Mail Folder
Hi! Does somebody know how I can delete/rename or deactivate the Junk Mail folder in Outlook 2003? If I delete this folder, it will be re-created in the next Outlook start. I've read that Junk Mail folder is an built-in and cannot be renamed/deleted or deactivated?! Please help! Thanks Mustafa That is correct. Why do you need to get rid of it/rename it? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

MSExchangeIS Event ID 9556
One user suddenly couldn't connect to the Exchange server (SBS 2003). Other users could log in to his PC and get their mail, and he could get his mail if he logged into another PC. (Although I'd like to know why on some other PCs he could go right into it, and one others he had to set up an Exchange account. It did not matter if the PC had 2k or XP. There are no roaming profiles.) I thought it might be a corrupt profile, so I deleted his Windows profile on his PC and created a new one, but it made no difference. (I don't know if the MAPI profile is part of the Windows profile ...

How to remove the exchange public folder?
Hi, We have exchange 5.5 running in our organization. We remove one site from the current organization and would like to know, how can we remove the public folders which replicated when it was on the organization with other sites. Thanks >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >We have exchange 5.5 running in our organization. We >remove one site from the current organization and would >like to know, how can we remove the public folders which >replicated when it was on the organization with other >sites. > >Thanks >. >you need to open exchange in raw ...

I deleted my Public Folder under IIS By Mistake
I have deleted my Public Folder Virtual Folder in the IIS Manager by Mistake How can I re-create this so that users can use the Public Folders through OWA again Any help Cheers, You have a back up strategy every night right? If so copy it from the back up, if not, you need to have all of yoru databases log files. try this; http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313184 ...

Clear Junk E-mail Folder
It seems that rule cannot be set to remove messages from Junk E-mail Folder on exit Outlook. Is there any way to do that? Thanks. I'm using OL2003. ...

How do I add certificates for digital signatures
I'm trying to follow the directions at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HP052495571033.aspx and when I get to the step where I'm supposed to choose a certificate, the list is empty. Where is it looking? How do I add a certificate? On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 10:47:39 -0800 (PST), Chris Nelson <chris.nelson.1022@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm trying to follow the directions at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HP052495571033.aspx >and when I get to the step where I'm supposed to choose a certificate, >the list is empty. Where is it looking? How do I add a...

Hyperlnk to a cd-rom folder
How but a exel file that has hyper links to the folders on that cd rom with out naming a drive letter since everyone has a different drive letter for their cd rom??? Thanks The excel workbook is stored on that same CD? If yes, this worked ok for me in xl2002 and using my harddrive (not CDROM). File|properties Hyperlink Base: \ (just the backslash) Then I could insert hyperlinks via Insert|Hyperlink and just leave the drive letter off. If the workbook is not on the same cd, you could have a file on the cd to look for, search the CDdrives and determine the drive letter. Then have your mac...

Public Folder is missing objects
I made a mistake. I was migrating from one Exchange 2003 server to another Exchange 2003 server. These were the only two servers in my structure. When I installed the second, I did not give it enough time to properly replicate all of the public folder data before I uninstalled it. Now, my public data folder on my only exchange server is corrupt. The primary indication of this (besides that I have no public folders visible in Outlook), is an error message when I click Send/Receive: "Task 'jaraco.com' reported error (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could not b...

can not move files and folders on vista
hi, I am having problem moving any type of files or folders to different place. I cannot even move a file in my document to a folder in my document. can any one help please. I tried setting the admin but that did not resolve it. I am using vista. However, I can delete and rename files and floders but just can't move them -- lovelacews Not a Windows Live Mail issue. Please post here. Windows Vista General Newsgroup. In your newsreader: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.vista.general On the Web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-u...

received mail goes directly to "deleted items" folder
When getting new mail, the mail goes directly to the "Deleted Items" folder instead of the "Inbox". Any suggestions? ...

5 steps to create a publication,the workplan
I need to know at least 5 steps to creating a workplan in pulisher. homework? 1- turn on computer 2- open Publisher 3- File | New 4- File | Page Setup 5- Design your thing 6- File | Save your thing oops thats 6 "thinking" <thinking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B4E2A10-BCB0-473D-B52A-EFCBB658D856@microsoft.com... |I need to know at least 5 steps to creating a workplan in pulisher. Thinking? This newsgroup is dedicated to solving problems with MS Office Publisher. Not doing your class assignment. "thinking" <thinking@discussions.micros...

Event ID 9554
Hello, I'm getting the following error on two Win2k3 Standard edition servers, running MS Exchange 2003 enterprise edition, every 30 minutes. The servers are in two different sites in two seperate physical location. Both Exchange servers are in the same Exchange Admin group. The second Exchange server is not used in production and runs on a DC (I'm aware this is not best practice. Limited budget.). Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9554 Date: 11/1/2005 Time: 5:25:22 AM User: N/A Computer: CONTEX01 Description: Unable to updat...

tasks entered in taskpad don't appear in task folder
All of the tasks that I have entered via the taskpad do not appear in the task folder, what am I doing wrong or do I have the wrong expectation? OL98/WinXP John Keith kd0gd@juno.com What view are you using on your Tasks folder? --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "John Keith" <kd0gd@juno.com> wrote in message = news:6grrm0hkagessu2ecc0bj81pc41aarq39r@4ax.com... | All of the tasks that I have...

List folders to file

Outlook xp Offline folders vs O2k3 Cached Exchange mode
I recently upgraded a group of executives from Outlook XP to Outlook 2003. I used the "upgrade" option. I also installed O2K3 SP1. They all have laptops and use offline folders. Several have had various offline folder issues since the upgrade. Is there something I need to configure in order for them to continue to use their offline folders? or Does Cached Exchange mode replace Offline folders? Are there known issues with the upgrade and offline folders? I'm not sure what to look for. Thanks in advance for your time! techguyasap <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

"Organizational folder": 'new' menu is not available
I am following article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;244591 and I try to create an organization folder. I go to my "Public FOlder", click "System folder". I see EFORMS listed there. I right click the option and I don't see the option "new". What's wrong ? Exch 2000SP3. ...

Lost .pst files
I am using Office XP with Outlook 2002 (SP2). I recently had a boot track failure on my old computer which had 2 hard drives, using the second drive as back-up storage. I bought a new computer and installed the old main drive (the one with the failed boot track) in my new computer as a second drive and copied all the data onto the new main drive. All data and software works except Outlook. I cannot find any .pst files on my old drive. Where could they be. BTW I use Matadore as a spam blocker. In article <014e01c3462e$561cbdf0$a101280a@phx.gbl>, daddyray01 @sport.rr.com say...

Public folders not visible in EMS
I need to reset permissions on a public folder. I read the TechNet article here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/WorkingE2k3Store/14f91205-23e7-4d62-b3f5-00c02b82a19e.mspx However, the folders are not visible in the folders tree in ESM. So, I am not sure how to proceed. I have W2k server with E2k3 enterprise. Thanks Hi Can you tell me a bit more about the problem, are they just not there or do you receieve some type of error message when you try to access them from ESM? Do you receieve any of the following error message when trying to expand or access y...

NDR's not being received, EVENT ID 1028 ist not fullfilled
The sender of an message does not receive the NDR. But the administrator is informed successfully. The Event ID shows successful EVENT ID=B4s in this order: 1025 Sender OK 1025 Administrator OK 1024 Sender OK 1024 Administrator OK 1033 Sender OK 1033 Administrator OK 1021 Sender OK 1021 Administrator OK 1036 Sender OK 1036 Administrator OK 1023 Sender OK 1023 Administrator OK 1028 Administrator OK The sender does not get an successful 1028 and does not receive the NDR. Any clues? Best regards, GS. I solved this issue. There were two accounts with the same email adress. Error Mes...

Flagging in Public Folders
My client has several users wanting to see the same message store. I implemented a public folder. Trouble is.... messages/posts cannot be flagged for later inspection. Any ideas? Simon Beresford, MCP IT Support Engineer Expert Systems Ltd e: sberesford@expertsystems.co.uk w: www.expertsystems.co.uk t: +44(0)870 4296181 f: +44(0)870 4296182 the Total IT Service what version of outlook and exchange and why can't they flag them? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Ou...

Exchange 2007 Mailbox Folder information not updating
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I am using Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition in an Exchange 2007 SP1 UR4 environment. I have only been using the Web Services Edition for about a week and prior to that I was using the regular Entourage 2008 client for four months. In any case, the problem I am about to describe occurs in both versions of Entourage 2008. <br><br>Recently my employer's executive group decided to implement Managed Folder Policies to assist in controlling mailbox size. I was the first to...