Lost owner role in public folder

The formar administrator of one of my customers has managed to remove the
owner of a public folder. Now we are not able to remove or rename. Anyone
who knows a workaround?

/Stefan

What version of Exchange?

Stefan Jansson wrote:
> The formar administrator of one of my customers has managed to remove
> the owner of a public folder. Now we are not able to remove or
> rename. Anyone who knows a workaround?
>
> /Stefan

0
lanwench (7567)
2/11/2004 3:17:08 PM
Exchange 2000

/Stefan
"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> skrev i
meddelandet news:%23UspnWL8DHA.712@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> What version of Exchange?
>
> Stefan Jansson wrote:
> > The formar administrator of one of my customers has managed to remove
> > the owner of a public folder. Now we are not able to remove or
> > rename. Anyone who knows a workaround?
> >
> > /Stefan

You should be able to change the CLIENT PERMISSIONS of this Public Folder
using the Exchange System Manager.  You can assign owner rights as needed.

Doug Blanchard [MSFT]
Microsoft PSS

purposes only.  This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
confers no rights.
"Stefan Jansson" <prylnissen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Exchange 2000
>
> /Stefan
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> skrev i
> meddelandet news:%23UspnWL8DHA.712@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > What version of Exchange?
> >
> > Stefan Jansson wrote:
> > > The formar administrator of one of my customers has managed to remove
> > > the owner of a public folder. Now we are not able to remove or
> > > rename. Anyone who knows a workaround?
> > >
> > > /Stefan

0
dblanch (58)
2/12/2004 3:54:07 PM
Hi Doug, I have the same problem as Stefan, only worse

I had already done exactly as you suggested; I used Exchange System Manager to try and reassign / change the client permissions of a public folder to be deleted.  A previous network support contractor’s user account who had created the folder(s) had been deleted from Active Directory

When I attempted to go to the public folder area in Exchange Admin, I got an error message indicating that the object(s) are no longer available, press F5 to refresh to try again.  Still no luck.  Then I got all the users off the network and rebooted the server, as memory usage was up over 1.1GB (system RAM 512 MB), heavy page file usage.

After rebooting the server, the result is still the same.  So I’m still not able to reassign privileges to client public folders because I can’t get to the folder object(s) in Exchange System Administrator.  What can I try next?  Thanks in advance for your help

George Dennisto
Denniston Network Solution
george@denniston.co
gdennist@life-development-inst.or

0
gdennist (1)

Setting archive rules on Multiple folders??
Hi there, I have about 100 or so folders and sub-folders etc in my PST file... Into which I organise all the emails I handle. I want to set up archiving rules on them. As far as I can tell the only two ways I can do this is 1) Set the DEFAULT rule and apply it to ALL FOLDERS in one swoop. 2) Set the Archive setting on each individual folder. Option 1 is not much use to me because I need different settings on various folders... many I don't even want archived. Option 2 is going to take a really really long time... because I am not able to select more than one folder at a time nor can I...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Professional has lost some feature!
Dear all, I have a problem with Microsoft CRM 3.0 Professional. The first CRM server has broken and I did the schedule backup everyday at 12:00am. So, I setup the second CRM Server with the same product and I follow the same step to do it. The problem is: When I browse to crm webpage I only see some features as: 1. Workplace - My Work: Articles, Reports, Announcements - Service: Knowledge Base 2. Service 3. Settings Before when I install this product and I browse I see more some feature: 1. Workplace - My Work: Activities, Calendar, Queues, Acticles, Reports and Announceme...

exchange 2007 assign email address to public folder
Hi, how can I assign email address to public folder in Exchange 2007 ? I can't found shell command for this and Exchange 2003 management console always stop with error when I try get properties for any public folder. Renko On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 11:29:00 +0100, "HoGo FoGo" <hogo@fo.go> wrote: >Hi, > >how can I assign email address to public folder in Exchange 2007 ? I can't >found shell command for this and Exchange 2003 management console always >stop with error when I try get properties for any public folder. > >Renko > "How to Mail-En...

pst folders/outlook 2000 email
Can anyone tell me how to delete personal folders, recover all lost emails that I originally had, and how to restore my email to its original settings. I have no idea how I created a pst file for email. I was trying to create a password for outlook and before I knew it all my emails were gone. I cannot even access folders or subfolders. Please help. ...

Junk E-Mail Folder Deleted #2
It was deleted by a user. Running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. How can it be recreated? malcolm <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > It was deleted by a user. Running Exchange 2003 and > Outlook 2003. How can it be recreated? Try running outlook from a command line window, specifying the /ResetFolders switch: "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe" /ResetFolders -- Brian Tillman Tried that to no avail. >-----Original Message----- >malcolm <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >> It was deleted by a user. ...

Loss of emails when moving into folders
I have nearly 20 folders in which I organise the emails I wish to keep. Periodically, I organise my folders and recently moved emails from the Inbox into various folders. In one folder, the most important called 'Hugo 2', none of the emails I moved to it actually appeared, despite the system working correstly for all other folders. These important emails appear to be lost/deleted altogether from the system. 'Hugo 2' had performed correctly until my last re-organisation last March. There are no 'Wizard Rules' in operation in either the Inbox or 'Hugo ...

new mail folder vanished
yesterday, I opened a new folder in adddition to the usual 'inbox', 'sent' etc and moved a bunch of sent messages to it for reference. Today I opened live mail and the folder has vanished. Can anyone tell me where I could look in explorer to find them? Hi, Guybc. WHERE did you open that new folder? Inside WLMail? Under Storage Folders? Under your Mail Account? Was it your ONLY Mail Account, or one of several? There is a LOT you haven't told us. Like, which version/build/wave of WLMail are you using? Since you posted via a browser, rather than by using ...

How do I insert a .pdf file into a Publisher 2000 publication
I am working on a theater program and I have an ad that was sent to me in pdf form. Is there a way to drop this directly into Publisher 2000 or do I need to print it and scan it? Ed looks left. Ed looks right. No-one is there. Furtively, Ed picks up a note from mrsdenyl <mrsdenyl@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I am working on a theater program and I have an ad that was sent to > me in pdf form. Is there a way to drop this directly into Publisher > 2000 or do I need to print it and scan it? If you are outputting to commercial print or to a PDF, you can crea...

Restoring a public calendar in exchange 2003
One of my clients users delet a public clander for the server. I have a tape back and would like to restore it but not the whole data bast. Can someone help How long ago was it deleted? And do you have Deleted Items Retention enabled on your Public Folder store? You may not even need to think about restoring if you have deleted items retention enabled. Simply add the registry key for DumpsterAlwaysOn as mentioned in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/178630/, then go to the parent public folder and choose Tools, Recover Deleted Items. The deleted folder should be in there. It is wor...

2000 outlook mail folder names?
Does anybody know the 2000 outlook mail folders names and what directory they are stored in. Thanks - Ron Check this page for all you need to know: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/computers/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Mr.D" <rdrouillard@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message news:RnWfd.45900$xf6.15708@fe...

How to change the public folder Conflict Messages
I have public folders which seem to be generating some conflicts. this is not the problem the problem is they are being sent to all in the company and i want to change this but dont know where it is i need to go to make this change cant seem to find it any where. Thanks for any help ...

Lost my menu bar commands
I don't know what I did, but somehow my menus have been corrupted in Excel. The Insert menu contains only the Format command, and the Tools menu contains only the Spelling, Autocorrect and Goal Seek commands. How do I get the normal menus back? Go to Tools>Customize>Toolbars Select Worksheet Menu Bar from the list, and hit Reset -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "pod" <pod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A18E951-FE93-4F72-9643-46A94904D6CC@microsoft.com... > I don't know what I did, but somehow my...

Are there any new Publication Design borders out there?
I am new to using Publisher 2003 and when doing photo calendars, it seems I am using the same old borders, i.e. birthday, checkers, butterfly, waves, starfish, etc. Is there an upgrade I can do or somewhere I can go to get new borders? I appreciate your help! Linda On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 05:47:02 +0000, LindaKS wrote (in article <9D094D7A-C85C-4038-A13D-75531B17CB87@microsoft.com>): > I am new to using Publisher 2003 and when doing photo calendars, it seems I > am using the same old borders, i.e. birthday, checkers, butterfly, waves, > starfish, etc. Is there an upgrade I...

Outlook Categories Lost during bulk change
We are using Outlook 2002 and to access some public folders on Exchange 2000 that store contacts. These contact folders contain 1000 or more entries and we use categories to organize the database. When a person (of any permission level) selects a large number of contacts (over 100) and tries to assign them to a category, the process does at the category to the contacts but any other categories associated with the individual contacts are lost if they are not also in the person's local master category list. Has anyone seen this behavior? No, haven't seen it, but for a possib...

How to create public calendars?
How do we create public calendars? Mervin Williams File | New | Folder. Create the folder to hold appointments and place it = in the Public Folders\All Public Folders hierarchy.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> wrote in message = news:%239vN2fLXFHA.228@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > How do we create public calendars? >=20 > Mervin Williams=20 >=20 > Hi M...

Outlook 2003 folders permissions
Every time a use needs access to someone else's mail box I need to set permission to that mail box and all its folders and sub-folders. It's ok it the user has 1 or 2 folders but is there a way to set the permission on the mail box itself and propagate that permission to all sub folders? This will save me hours of work. I do not want to delegate permission. Any replies are welcome. Thank you Denis Oh, are you cross posting? Judy Gleeson [MVP Outlook] Acorn Training and Consulting www.acorntraining.com.au Everyone - turn on your Advanced Toolbars and lea...

Share Global Address Lista and Public Folder B to A
Hello Guys I have Exchange Server in Domain A and need access (GAL+Public) Folders the exchange server Domain B. How make this? Tank You F�bio Viana If these are in the same forest, setup permissions and/or place a replica on the other server. If they are in different forests. Lot more complicated, OWA is probably the best answer. "Fabio Viana" <lefalus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:b8aaea6d.0503031111.630228ae@posting.google.com... > Hello Guys > > I have Exchange Server in Domain A and need access (GAL+Public) > Folders the exchange server Domain B....

Several charts in Works spreadsheet into Excel seem lost.
I have a spreadsheet that collects rainfall during the year and provides plots showing month by month and YTD against normal rain fall. When I imported this into Excel, all the charts, which were not easy to set up with various matching ranges of fields seem to have disappeared. Are they really gone? Why does Microsoft hate Works so much? ...

can't move messages to personal folder
Hi, one of my users is trying to move the messages from her inbox to her personal folder that is on the share on the file server. The message she is getting is "some messages can't move because they are moved, deleted or corrupt" I abbreviated the message a little bit, but I am sure you can understand. I had similar issues when archiving, but taking Outlook offline fixed the problem. Taking it offline this time didn't help. If you try one by one sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. Any ideas? We are on the Exchange 5.5 SP 4 on Win2K box SP4 and Outlook 2002 SP3 on ...

Sorry for the XPost, but I'm lost in the CRM model
Howdy, I'm a database developer, not much on the practical end of things so I'm a bit baffled by a behavior a co-worker queried me with. I tried helping her with it and I'm dumbstruck with just how odd CRM is. I assume it has to be a knowledge gap on my part so let me see if I can explain this. We have a CRM view based on a custom entity called "schedule." Each schedule needs to be linked to another custom entity called "location." We seem to have that part working. But on a view based on schedule, I want to refer to matching location's name. I can...

Organizing mail folders in Outlook
Does anyone know how to organize +100 mail folders in Outlook? It is very difficult to scroll and read these +100 mail folders. Color-coded these folders would be my first choice but Outlook doesn't offer this function. Is there another add on software to Outlook to make things more easier to organize these folders and to work with? Please advise. Thanks very much. "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FA0A666-347E-4246-B093-164FDD157D6B@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to organize +100 mail folders in Outlook? It is very &...

Lost some basic functionality in Outlook Express
I've recently installed WinXP Pro (w/ Service Packs) and Office XP Pro +FP (w/ Service Pack 3)... and have noticed now (it was probably doing this a little earlier but haven't noticed till now)... ....that Outlook Express won't let me use PageUp or PageDown keys in the preview pane.... (there's some other bugs too, but this one's a big one for me) A good website for information on OE is: http://www.tomsterdam.com/ This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despit...

98 publisher lost cd key
1 have a copy of microsoft publisher 98 can not find cd key help You're kind of "up a creek". Looks like it's time to get a newer version. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "crager" <crager@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFC68FDA-B16F-44F8-A5A9-EBF000FE2D6F@microsoft.com... >1 have a copy of microsoft publisher 98 can not find cd key help Do you have it installed? Help, about Microsoft Publisher 98, the product id number is there xxxxx-(000-0000000)-xxxx The fourth number for some reason is not listed. Try a four. You...

Exclude folders in a search folder
Hi all, Just a quick question, I'm looking at the search folders of outlook 11. Is it possible to create a custom search and exclude some folders from the result.. For example: all unread mail execpt the mail in "junk", "newsletters" en "sent items". thanks Zodiac Yep right click the search folder and select Customize this folder, you can choose which folders to include by using the browse button "Zodiac" <Nomail@internet.com> wrote in message news:Xns9492CF9A8451ANomailinternetcom@207.46.248.16... > > Hi all, > > Just a qu...

No "M" drive in explorer and cannot open mailbox folders
Just installed Exch 2003 on Win 2000 Server and cannot see the "M" drive in explorer, and, cannot from a client open up mailbox folders. Any ideas why? Thx in advance! I just installed 2003 over 2000 and have the same problem. I can't see M so I can't get to the public folders. I hope someone here knows the answer. >-----Original Message----- >Just installed Exch 2003 on Win 2000 Server and cannot see >the "M" drive in explorer, and, cannot from a client open >up mailbox folders. > >Any ideas why? Thx in advance! >. > There is ...