Lost Mail #2

Has anyone ever experienced or documented lost email in an Exchange 5.5 SP4
system.  Clients are all Outlook XP.

Thanks,
Mike Ober.

0
Michael

More information:

Windows Server 2000 SP4 AD Domain Controller with all critical security
patches via semi-automated Windows Update.  Windows Update downloads and
then waits for an administrator to install.
Windows 2000 IIS running on server.
Exchange configured per Service Pack readme to log all messages to a Message
Journal.  This includes IMC messages.

Missing emails are found in the message journal as well as a BCC mailbox
setup specifically to catch these messages.  The message source is an ASP
application running on the IIS server on the same system, so I had the
source code to put a BCC in these messages.

Mike.

"Michael D. Ober" <mdo.@.wakeassoc..com> wrote in message
> Has anyone ever experienced or documented lost email in an Exchange 5.5
SP4
> system.  Clients are all Outlook XP.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike Ober.

0
Michael
8/13/2004 1:47:26 PM
It's a user process problem.  All the messages appear to be in the
destination mailbox - the users simply can't find them.  Using the Advanced
Search on the destination inbox, I found the missing messages.

> More information:
>
> Windows Server 2000 SP4 AD Domain Controller with all critical security
> patches via semi-automated Windows Update.  Windows Update downloads and
> then waits for an administrator to install.
> Windows 2000 IIS running on server.
> Exchange configured per Service Pack readme to log all messages to a
Message
> Journal.  This includes IMC messages.
>
> Missing emails are found in the message journal as well as a BCC mailbox
> setup specifically to catch these messages.  The message source is an ASP
> application running on the IIS server on the same system, so I had the
> source code to put a BCC in these messages.
>
> Mike.
>
> "Michael D. Ober" <mdo.@.wakeassoc..com> wrote in message
> > Has anyone ever experienced or documented lost email in an Exchange 5.5
> SP4
> > system.  Clients are all Outlook XP.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mike Ober.

0
Michael

missing public folder #2
For some reason completely unknown to me, many of the public folders dissappeared from the M drive and are no longer accessible from the Outlook clients. On the other hand, when I look at the Exchange administration program the folders are all there and the permissions seem correct. Is there any way of getting these back without doing a complete system/Exchange restore? Sounds like Joe has exactly the same problem I am describing. I did look at the EMS and all of the folders are indicated and the permissions are correct. No one touched these things. Still they do not appear on the M drive a...

Strategy for upgrade to CRM version 1.2
Currently we have a Windows 2000 system with SP4 running CRM 1.0. We would like to migrate that system to Windows 2003 and CRM 1.2 and finally end up with only .NET Framework 1.1. Is there any recommended methods for such a migration? That is something like, upgrade CRM 1.2 in place first, then upgrade the OS on the system, then remove Framework 1.0. Thank you in advance. Have you read the 1.2 implementation guide? "Jim" <jim@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23aDSnVXxDHA.1272@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Currently we have a Windows 2000 system with SP4 running CRM 1.0. W...

Mail Delivery in Outlook 2003
We are currently using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 mail client. One of our ask us to configure his Outlook client to delivery his mail to a pst file local to his machine, instead of leaving it in the server. This configuration workrd for a while and it suddenly stopped delivering his mail to his pst file, but just leaving them in the mail server. To make Outlook deliver his mail again to his pst file we need to enable the " Cached Exchange Mode" and configure Outlook to manually connect to Exchange. When we change the configuration back to its original state it will continue to...

Windows mail auto deleting
All of a sudden my emails are deleting automatically.Everything it thinks I have read gets deleted. Don't worry. They're not deleted. View | Current View. Check. Show All Messages. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Mike Givens" <micell@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:660A1B3B-6A68-4833-883B-603BEF8DD03F@microsoft.com... > All of a sudden my emails are deleting automatically.Everything it > thinks I have read gets deleted. How do you know they are being deleted? Are they showing up in the ...

Automatically move mail *from* Deleted Items folder
I get a lot of email that I read quickly then delete using a swift press on the delete key which drops the mail into the Deleted Items folder. However, I never want to loose the mail so I regularly move all the mail from Deleted Items into another folder for storage. Is there any way I can get Outlook 2002 to automatically move any items that arrive in Deleted Items to another folder? I can't get it to work with the Rules Wizard as it only allows me to run rules on my Inbox. Alternatively, how do I set up a method to move the mail from my Inbox to the storage folder directly without goi...

Excel file e mail addresses into address group list
I want to take the .csv file from excel into my outlook express address book then copy addresses (select members) into a group list. Then I want to keep that address in the group list, but erase from the address book. Hi Jack, First back up your Windows Address Book ( .WAB) Export your address book to a .csv format so that you are sure you have the formatting correct (all the fields). When you import your .csv file to the address book, you must add one more column to your Excel file and fill it with a single blank. This will generate the need comma at the end of each row -- fail...

Windows Mail can't see incoming message
I thought I posted about this about a week ago, but I can't see my message anymore. I am on Vista Home Premium with Windows Mail. There was a particular incoming message, which I could see in my ISP's webmail and I could see on my local machine in MailWasher, but which was completely ignored by Windows Mail - it just didn't see it. That's still happening, but now there are three incoming messages behaving in this way. All are from the same site (user@site) but not all from the same user, and I have no problem with still other users at that site. What shou...

Windows Mail; delete selected items
When I select items in a box and try to delete them, I get the message: (Er is een onbekende fout opgetreden) An unknown error occurred. -- Kees Try these options. How to Remove a Stuck Undeletable Message in Windows Mail http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html WMUtil http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/Default.aspx -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Kees" <Kees@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1DDCE31-D8A0-46AF-B2C7-09F69CC55A42@microsoft.com... > > When I select it...

addtional suffix being added to e-mail address
We hook up a new worker (he has Outlook 2003) onto Exchange 2003. He cannot send e-mails due to the server adding an additional suffix to his e-mail address. He is the only one who has this problem. Is there a way to correct this situation. Hi - so he's connecting directly to your Exchange server via Outlook, and he has a properly configured mailbox with the appropriate default SMTP address? What is the additional suffix that's being added? BCEDA wrote: > We hook up a new worker (he has Outlook 2003) onto Exchange 2003. He > cannot send e-mails due to the server adding an a...

Disappearing Mail in Cached Mode
I have a problem at a client that I've seen described in these groups but never finally solved. The problem is that one user (only) receives mail from 2 internal scanners through SMTP into . All email from those two addresses is visible in OWA and in Outlook as long as the Outlook is not in Cached Exchange Mode. If an Outlook 2003 client is started for this user's mailbox with Cached Exchange Mode enabled, the messages form those two email addresses only never appear in that copy of Outlook and disappear from the OWA and non-cached Outlook clients as soon as the cached Outloo...

How to statically linking 2 files for 32 bit and 64 bit in VC++ 2005
I am trying to statically link a xyz.lib file to my 32-bit VC++ 2005 MFC app in order to use a .sys file. I have two xyz.lib files, one for win32 and one for amd64. I know I should add the .lib file to ['Property Pages' > 'Linker' > 'Input' > 'Additional Dependencies'] But which file do I add, how do I add both files, and how do I ensure the 32-bit app can use the linked .sys on 32-bit as well as 64-bit? Thanks! Hi, Just use the 32 bit lib, your app will run on 64 bit via WOW64. 64 bit development would involve setting up a new cpu platform, whi...

Exmerge Utility #2
Would someone please inform me where I can get the exmerge utility for Exchange 5.0 , had it email from Microsoft some years ago but nowhere to be found now. Thank You. George, You should be able to get a copy without charge by calling into support. -- Isaac B. Carter MCSE Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "George P" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:acef01c4369a$e6a31f10$a1...

Reference 2
How do I have a cell look at another cell and make a calculation. For example: A B C (197) 3500 500 If column A is less than B then have the calculation of the amount of (C) it would take to bring it to positive standing. The answer should be 4000. That is (8) lots of 500 to make the amount 3803. That is C times (8) minus 197. If (A) was 3501 then I would have a return value of 0. I would not need to replenish. Assuming your numbers are in cells A1 B1 and C1 then put this formula in cell D1: =IF(A1<B1,(ROUNDUP((B1-A1)/C1,0))*C...

RMS1.2-GP8.0 Integration
Iam facing a critical issues regarding one of my implementation of GP 8.0 and RMS 1.) when will the integration utility between RMS and GP9.0 will be released. ? 2.) HQ db is on one server while GP db is on another server. When we try to link the 2 databases using the above utility which makes use of Linked server technology, we are not able to do so? Please note our architecture is such that 2 dbs has to reside on separate server . 3.) When we did a test integration with the sample HQ db with sample GP TWO db ( in this case residing on same server ) everything goes fine except ...

emails being lost
Hi we run an SBS2003 server with exchange. We also have GFI Mail essentials One student is sending us an email with an attachments. I can see that GFI are receiving the email and processing it OK if I then look at Exchange Tools > Message Tracking Centre, I can see the email. there are 5 entries: SMTP: Message submitted to advanced queue SMTP: Started message submission to advanced queue SMTP: Message submitted to catagorizer SMTP: Message catagorized and queued for routing SMTP: Non-delivery report generated. Can some tell me what is happening please? This student can send messag...

Cannot copy & paste to a mailing label template
I downloaded a Christmas label template from Microsoft Office Word. After deleting "Name, Address, etc." which was on each label on the page, I then typed our address on one and tried to copy & paste so that we could have a whole page of return address labels. I just couldn't get it to work. Any suggestions? Rather than starting with a full sheet of blank labels, why not use the label wizard? Can you explain "just couldn't get it to work"? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummie...

sorting data #2
Sorry if this has been asked before, but ive searched to no avail, as I dont really know what to call the question. i have the following A B 4 2 1 5 2 3 1 6 4 3 Can I automate the sorting of this data so that for each value in column A the Values in Column B are totaled, ie it becomes A B 1 11 2 3 4 5 Thanks Andy --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You could either sort your data by column A and then Data|subtotals or you could add headers and do Data|pivottable. powelly wrote: > > Sorry if this has been asked before, but ive searched to no avail, as I >...

Range for Body of E-Mail
I am trying to use a range of cells in Excel as the body for an e-mail in Outlook. The name for the range is 'DuesReceipt'. It doesn't seem to like setting olBody to the range. Can someone help? Public olToName As String Public olccName As String Public olbccName As String Public olSubject As String Public olBody As String Public olRange As Object Public olAttach1 As String Sub SendReceipt() Dim olApp As Outlook.Application Dim olMail As MailItem Dim SigString As String Dim Signature As String Dim x...

Cell comments
I have already created the code using VBA to pull the data from the M Access table. Is there a way to set it up so that when you pass ove the cell it will automatically run my routine -- LA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=965 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26920 Hi not possible AFAIK as there's no event which got triggered by just moving over a comment field -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany LAF wrote: > I have alr...

embedded pictures #2
I recently upgraded to the office environment. I am very dismayed to find out that I now have to open each attatchment to view the contents of graphics. In the previous version of outlook express Having images open when I previewed my email was quick and easy. Is there any way to set up office outlook with this same capability? Thanks in advance. No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no...

Outlook 2007 Connection takes 2 minute
We have user (remote office where we have Instagate VPN Router so user is connected using VPN connection) on Dell Laptop Latitutde E6500 with Windows XP SP3 OS and MS office 2007 with latest update. When he opens his outlook 2007 it takes 2 mintues (sometime 3 minutes) to connect to Exchange Server while other users in his office have no problem they are connected in 30 seconds. I googled it but could not find right solution. Thanks, ...

Message Rules Get Lost?
When I move my .pst file or restore from backup all the rules no longer work. The Rules are still there, and the folder to which the messages are being moved to is also valid, but the error is that the folder doesn't exist. So I have to go in and re-set the folder parameter for the rule to work. What can I do to prevent this? Or, what can I do to re-initialize all the rules? Thanks, -Bob Outlook 2003 XP Pro You shouldn't have to do that if PST file name & path stay the same. Rules use the full PST name & path for folder reference, at least as far as I know. "B...

E-mailing a distribution list to a third party
I am having trouble following the instructions in Outlook help for sending a distribution list. Help says: Open a new message. Click the message body. On the Insert menu, click Item. In the Look in list, click the folder that contains the distribution list that you want to send. Distribution lists are saved in the Contacts folder by default. In the Items list, click the distribution list that you want to send, and then click OK. Send the message I am not finding ITEM in my drop down Insert menu! This is only available when you have Outlook as the e-mail editor. You can also dr...

Historical Stock Status #2
Historical Stock Status needs to display the quantity available up to AS OF DATE field excluding after the said date. "I run the report as of 3/31/07 and it is currently 4/3/07 it will back those out giving me an accurate inventory count and value up to 03/31/07. This is not happening. If I run the report for a particular item with the as of date 3/31/07 this item should have 0 quanitity. It is showing me the amount from 4/1-4/3. How do we get the report to print only inventory up to 3/31/07?" ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds t...

Birthdays #2
I am having a problem with the birthdates showing up as timed events. If you look at my calendar the birthday takes up two days and there is a little clock at each end of the posting. could someone tell me how to fix this. David G. Smith Blackcobra@cableone.net David G. Smith wrote: > I am having a problem with the birthdates showing up as > timed events. If you look at my calendar the birthday > takes up two days and there is a little clock at each end > of the posting. could someone tell me how to fix this. > > David G. Smith > Blackcobra@_____ Make sure your compu...