Looking for a company to manage a co lo'd Exchange 2003 server.

I have a client that has just deployed a Exchange 2003 system at a co lo and
has quickly realized that it is more than they can handle.  They have asked
me to help them find a company to manage and support their email system for
approx 200 users.  Does anyone have any suggestions of companies that can
handle this?

TIA

John

0
nospam9607 (138)

if you google "hosted Exchange" you'll see lots of hits...probably need to
look into a few to find the right fit for you, but it appears there are lots
of options for this...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"John" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a client that has just deployed a Exchange 2003 system at a co lo
>and has quickly realized that it is more than they can handle.  They have
>asked me to help them find a company to manage and support their email
>system for approx 200 users.  Does anyone have any suggestions of companies
>that can handle this?
>
> TIA
>

> John

0
sconkey (3059)
9/20/2006 5:41:07 PM
I thought hosted exchange would bring up companies that would want to sell a
solution and not offer to manage an existing system.

John

"Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
> if you google "hosted Exchange" you'll see lots of hits...probably need to
> look into a few to find the right fit for you, but it appears there are
> lots of options for this...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "John" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have a client that has just deployed a Exchange 2003 system at a co lo
>>and has quickly realized that it is more than they can handle.  They have
>>asked me to help them find a company to manage and support their email
>>system for approx 200 users.  Does anyone have any suggestions of
>>companies that can handle this?
>>
>> TIA
>>

>> John

0
nospam9607 (138)
9/20/2006 5:53:27 PM
Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

Regarding your question, I suggest you contact CSS support, where you can
enjoy a more interactive communication process with a Microsoft Support
professional and even have remote assistance. Due to the support nature of
newsgroup, it is not convenient to be done here. To obtain the phone
numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site
listed below.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

If you are outside the US please see http://support.microsoft.com for
regional support phone numbers

Hope this helps, if you have any other concerns on this issue, please do
not hesitate to posing back

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Chace Zhang (MSFT)

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

This newsgroup only focuses on Exchange technical issues. If you have
issues regarding other Microsoft products, you'd better post in the
corresponding newsgroups so that they can be resolved in an efficient and
timely manner. You can locate the newsgroup here:

issue.

--------------------
| From: "John" <nospam@hotmail.com>
| Subject: Re: Looking for a company to manage a co lo'd Exchange 2003
server.
| Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:53:27 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin
|
| I thought hosted exchange would bring up companies that would want to
sell a
| solution and not offer to manage an existing system.
|
| John
|

| "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
| > if you google "hosted Exchange" you'll see lots of hits...probably need
| > look into a few to find the right fit for you, but it appears there are
| > lots of options for this...
| >
| > --
| > Susan Conkey [MVP]
| >

| > "John" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| >>I have a client that has just deployed a Exchange 2003 system at a co
lo
| >>and has quickly realized that it is more than they can handle.  They
have
| >>asked me to help them find a company to manage and support their email
| >>system for approx 200 users.  Does anyone have any suggestions of
| >>companies that can handle this?
| >>
| >> TIA
| >>

| >> John

0
v-chacez (123)
9/21/2006 6:18:04 AM

> | > "John" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> lo
> have

John,
there are MSP (managed Service providers) that will manage everything
remotely for a montly fee. Most of these companies are Microsoft
Solution Providers and are very helpful. I would suggest googling manage
service providers or look into a company like www.thinsolutions.com or
www.slpowers.com are two I have worked with in the past.
0
chad703 (15)
9/21/2006 1:25:56 PM
Thanks and I will report back.

John

"Chad Mahoney" <chad@mah0ney.com.nospam> wrote in message

>> lo | >>and has quickly realized that it is more than they can handle.
>> They have | >>asked me to help them find a company to manage and support
>> their email | >>system for approx 200 users.  Does anyone have any
>> suggestions of | >>companies that can handle this?

> John,
> there are MSP (managed Service providers) that will manage everything
> remotely for a montly fee. Most of these companies are Microsoft Solution
> Providers and are very helpful. I would suggest googling manage service
> providers or look into a company like www.thinsolutions.com or
> www.slpowers.com are two I have worked with in the past.

0
nospam9607 (138)
9/24/2006 6:49:59 PM
I found Mi8.com but they wanted to move all of the email onto their hardware
and not manage the existing platform.

John

"Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
> if you google "hosted Exchange" you'll see lots of hits...probably need to
> look into a few to find the right fit for you, but it appears there are
> lots of options for this...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "John" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have a client that has just deployed a Exchange 2003 system at a co lo
>>and has quickly realized that it is more than they can handle.  They have
>>asked me to help them find a company to manage and support their email
>>system for approx 200 users.  Does anyone have any suggestions of
>>companies that can handle this?
>>
>> TIA
>>

>> John

0
nospam9607 (138)

SBS 2003 Applying Computer Settings
Hi There We have a really strange issue where by our SBS 2003 SP2 box after rebooting is sitting at the applying computer settings. We have restarted it several times but still got the same problem. The users are able to connect to shares etc and it seems to be functioning correctly. There are no odd events being generated in the logs to suggest a problem. When you try and connect to the server using RDC it allows you to log on but sits at Loading Personal settings. We came across a Microsoft KB re APC UPS's but this isn't applicable in our case. We are able to connect ...

Exchange server delivering to A record instead of MX record
My company has another division that frequently sends us email. They have an Exchange server (v5.0.2195.6713). For the most part, this goes well. Lately, they have problems sending to our domain. In troubleshooting this, it looks like the Exchange server is occasionally sending to the A record instead of the MX record. I'm guessing it tries to get the MX record first, times out, then tries to get the A record and is successful. The problem is the A record for my company's domain points to the webserver, which is on a completely different machine from the mail server. How can I make ...

Exchange 2003 restore on different host
I have exchange 2003 installed on host A and all users mailbox configured and used for while, now I have installed new exchange 2003 on host B and then restored backup version of exchange SG from host A to host B, can the exchange 2003 on host B mount the restored SG and read all the mailboxes? Appreciated your respond. James On 8 Feb 2007 21:13:31 -0800, "sss" <james.zheng@gmail.com> wrote: >I have exchange 2003 installed on host A and all users mailbox >configured and used for while, now I have installed new exchange 2003 >on host B and then restored backup vers...

Excel 2003 - VBA
I have been using Macro Recording as a means of creating and understanding macros. Now when I want to add a function to a macro I record a separate macro, then edit it into my existing macro. Is there a way to start record steps within a macro already created. Thanks, Craig Craig, Older versions (how old?) of Excel had the record at mark capability. You could record a new macro starting at specific position in an existing macro. Excel was then "improved" and that feature eliminated. -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware (Excel Add-ins...

Publisher 2003 Page setup menu #2
I am trying to change some page setup options but On 01 May 2004 18:41, "j ringer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to change some page setup options but But... -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/publisher This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Outlook 2003 and Office 2002
I am trying to use Word as the e-mail editor in Outlook 2003, but the option is grayed-out. Is this because I use Office 2002 and have Outlook 2003? Would I need to upgrade to Office 2003 to be able to have Word as my e-mail editor? Thanks. Yes, and Yes. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza "Carolyn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

office 2003 pro outlook connector where is it?
where is the download for the 2003 pro otlook connector that will connect to msn internet .net and also my pda, share, update all that good stuff Do you have a paid MSN premium sub? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Birch asked: | where is the download for the 2003 pro otlook connector that will | connect to msn internet .net and also my pda, share, update all that | good stuff...

converting from ms access 2003 to 2007
I teach a database course and I've been using the same databses for a couple of years for lab exercises. I have had no success converting them to v2007. Where are detailed instructions for this, esp. w/ regard to macros and VBA code? -- jkm A good source of information specifically about Access 2007 is Jeff Conrad's http://www.accessjunkie.com He's also got links to other good Access 2007 sites. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "jkm" <jkm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCA33FDA-9AD...

In Excel 2003, can you add a picture to the comment field?
In Excel 2003, can you add a picture to the comment field? I don't believe this is possible. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "tconnell" <tconnell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AFE5CB1-EC43-4DD1-AC03-0C3642BE0DA7@microsoft.com... > In Excel 2003, can you add a picture to the comment field? http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture From Debra Dalgleish's site. tconnell wrote: > > In Excel 2003, can you add a picture to the comment field? -- Dave Peter...

Attachments in OWA/Exchange 5.5
Recently our OWA was changed to HTTPS for security reasons. The problem is, now users are not able to open their e-mail attachments in a window. They are only prompted to save a document. This is not a necessary option, and would like them to be able to open in window with out having to save documents. PDF documents seem to be the biggest problem. Any ideas? ...

CRM Deployment Manager
Hi, After a number of trial installs and fine tuning of my installation process I have finally install CRM 3.0 on our live server. The installation went without a hitch. No prereq' problems and no errors during install. I rebooted the server, ran through the CRM SBS Edition Config Wiard to find that it couldn't apply the changes to the server. OK I thought, perhaps my user (administrator) needs adding to the user list so I launched the CRM Deployment Manager on to get the following error: The server http://CRM/MSCRMService/ is not responding. This might happen if it is curre...

Spam on exchange...
Hi All, Does anyone have any suggestions for a good spam program on Windows 2000 server with exchange ? TIA - Dave Porter DJ Software > >Hi All, > >Does anyone have any suggestions for a good spam program on Windows >2000 server with exchange ? > >TIA - Dave Porter >DJ Software What version of Exchange? Are you trying to block spam or create it? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/Computers/OneNoteFAQ.htm SchorrTech Blog: http://www.thespoke.net/MyBlog/bschorr/MyBlog.aspx Hi Ben, How do you tell what version ...

Exchange 2003 public contact folder
I have Exchange 2003 running on my network and the users have expressed interest in having one main contact list they can all access and add contacts to. Is there a step by step out there that will show how to do this. If so, please advise. I believe this can be done through public folders. Note, will this public contact list still have the functionality of other contact folders? ie: they will be able to send an email by clicking on the contact. ...

Intergration Manager #3
Hi , I want to move a file after integration and add date and time to the file name to a new folder called history can you please help me On Oct 10, 9:51 am, RS <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi , > I want to move a file after integration and add date and time to the file > name to a new folder called history can you please help me RS- DynamicAccounting.net has some great resouces for IM, and there is a free download to do just that! Troy "tgullacher" wrote: > On Oct 10, 9:51 am, RS <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > Hi , &...

Money 2007 payee name management
What is the best way to handle payee names and their variations? For example, I charge all of my gasoline purchases and typically fill- up at Raceway gas stations. After downloading the transactions each Raceway gas station appears with its own payee name, such as: Raceway 0001 Woodbridge Racewy 123 Edison ..... and so on I kind of like having this informatiion in the transaction register, but each one is a separate payee. At the same time I'd also like to group all of them under a single payee named Raceway. I started to use the automatic mapping of alternate payee nam...

restore exchange 2003 to 2nd server
Hi, What procedures would you recommend for backing up one exchange 2003 server and then being able to restore it onto a new server? This is if the 1st server fails, we could simply restore it onto another exchange 2003 (may it be another name) and literally go around each PC and recreate the outlook profile...that would be fine. How do I go about this? Thanks Chris Hi, Not as easy as one might think. Remember that AD knows where the user mailboxes are located - this would mean that you would have to delete / recreate all user mailboxes with the possible loss of extra e-mail addres...

smtp virtual servers query
i understand i can setup another domain in recipient policy, but I am curious to know why a server would have 2 smtp virtual servers for each domain? the A record and mx record both resolve to the same ip. sandgroper <sandgroper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i understand i can setup another domain in recipient policy, but I am curious >to know why a server would have 2 smtp virtual servers for each domain? I have four SMTP Virtual Servers accepting mail for a couple dozen domains. Of course those VS's aren't on one machine. But your question really isn't ve...

Archiving Outlook.pst files to Novell Netware file server #3
Hi all We are trying to perform a manual Outlook inbox archive which we are trying to save to a Novel file server - but it doesn't work. Any ideas why? (works fine on the MS2000 server but we don't have the space for everyone) We are currently running Outlook 2003 and the Novell file server is 4.8.3 Any help would be appreciated Thanks!! ...

Outlook Sent messages via Hotmail look like un-read messages
I am using Outlook 2003 and use it to not only check some other POP accounts but also to check a Hotmail account. I have it set so all sent email messages in folders other then the Inbox are saved into that folder which I need to do in order to keep track of what messages were sent thru what accounts. When I reply to an email in the Hotmail account my reply gets dropped into the Sent Hotmail folder and shows as read BUT a copy gets put into my Hotmail Inbox folder and it shows the same as an unread incoming message. I don't get a new message alert but it's very confusing as it shows...

SBS 2003 Health Check
Hi All, I have to run a health check on a client SBS 2003 server. I have included following checks to run on server: * Run Microsoft best practices analyzer for sbs 2003 on server * Run Microsoft best practices analyzer for exchange 2003 * Run Microsoft server performance tool on server * Check installed memory and available memory * Check total disk space and free diskspace * Read performance counters * Check anti virus performance and updates * Check windows updates * Ch...

Money 2003 Upgrade to 2005
Any help is greatly appreciated ... I just upgraded my Money 2003 Deluxe to the and 2005 Deluxe version. During the upgrade proces, the program inidcated my money file (.mnf) was successfully upgraded. When I enter the 2005 program and open my money account, the program freezes. I cannot get beyond the welcome screen. I have tried re-booting, opening up my 2003 file and restoring my 2003 backup. But, as soon as it upgrades the file to 2005 and I try to open it, my computer gets stuck. Any suggestions? Help is appreciated! Thanks! Try loading the sample file and downloading the l...

0.6517012 Look Inside And Realize That Dream ... 0.936052
8.299953E-02 Look Inside And Realize That Dream ... 0.1109984 0.6517012 Now Visit http://www.clicklinknow.com/dating/ 0.936052 ...

RMS Manager
I am trying to modify the taskpad. I am able to add links and html. However, I am not able to directly call external program. What should I do in order to make it work? Ben ...

Reminders don't work in Outlook 2003
Hello, I'm having problems with reminders not working for Tasks and Appointments. I have scoured the groups, and the only suggestions are to start Outlook with the command line switches /cleanreminders & / resetfolders. Neither of these work. I've also repaired Outlook, but that doesn't work either. Any other suggestions. I'm running Outlook 2003 sp2.0 and XP sp2.0 Thank you, Craig S. Just to be sure... the items in question are in the Calendar or Tasks folders of your default message store (PST file where your mail ends up or your Exchange mailbox)? Normally, with...

Deployment manager locking up
Hi. Each time I use the deployment manager it locks up. When it bring up the prompt box saying "searching for MS CRM on this server" it locks up. Thus, I can no longer deploy and customisations. Thanks Paul There is a thread on this group about this. You probably have Framework 2.0 installed. remove it and bingo :) Framework 2 is not installed on the server "Frebou" <ed@boucheros.com> wrote in message news:1139415992.663415.69180@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > There is a thread on this group about this. You probably have > Framework 2.0 install...