Logon with email address?

Hi all..
I have Exchange 2003 working with OWA etc but when people log into
their accounts, they use some crazy username that I setup and a
password.  Is there a way for people to log into OWA with just their
email address?  I'm using Exchange to host my web hosting domains, not
for corporate.  So there are multiple domains on here.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

Create a UPN alias that matches their email address.

Nue
"mikeyatsony" <mikeyatsony@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all..
> I have Exchange 2003 working with OWA etc but when people log into
> their accounts, they use some crazy username that I setup and a
> password.  Is there a way for people to log into OWA with just their
> email address?  I'm using Exchange to host my web hosting domains, not
> for corporate.  So there are multiple domains on here.
> Any thoughts?
> Thanks

0
imaneophyte (3004)
5/25/2006 5:02:21 PM
On 25 May 2006 09:56:46 -0700, "mikeyatsony" <mikeyatsony@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi all..
>I have Exchange 2003 working with OWA etc but when people log into
>their accounts, they use some crazy username that I setup and a
>password.  Is there a way for people to log into OWA with just their
>email address?  I'm using Exchange to host my web hosting domains, not
>for corporate.  So there are multiple domains on here.
>Any thoughts?
>Thanks

You do not log on with your email address.
You can log on with your UPN however. Does the first portion of the
UPN look crazy or is that normal, like first.last@domain.com

0
mark7219 (5666)
5/25/2006 5:15:13 PM
Sorry, I have no clue what that is.  Can you explain?

On 25 May 2006 10:17:31 -0700, "mikeyatsony" <mikeyatsony@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Sorry, I have no clue what that is.  Can you explain?

You need to look up to see what a UPN is within Active Directory.
http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLR,GGLR:2006-08,GGLR:en&q=UPN+%22Active+Directory%22
gives you a couple of links at the top to Microsoft which will help
you understand a little more.

When you are happy with what a UPN is and where you can find it (and
add new ones if you want) then see if it is what you really meant (it
is)
0
mark7219 (5666)
5/25/2006 5:27:43 PM
The easiest way to do this watch the movie (-:
http://www.netometer.com/video/

Cheers
oz

--
Best regards, Good Luck
Oz Ozugurlu

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On 25 May 2006 09:56:46 -0700, "mikeyatsony" <mikeyatsony@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi all..
> >I have Exchange 2003 working with OWA etc but when people log into
> >their accounts, they use some crazy username that I setup and a
> >password.  Is there a way for people to log into OWA with just their
> >email address?  I'm using Exchange to host my web hosting domains, not
> >for corporate.  So there are multiple domains on here.
> >Any thoughts?
> >Thanks
>
> You do not log on with your email address.
> You can log on with your UPN however. Does the first portion of the
> UPN look crazy or is that normal, like first.last@domain.com

0
oz952 (210)

Word text copied into email loses formatting alignment
When copying a Word document (containing indented and numbered paragraphs and bullet points into an email, the left alignment of the document loses its justification. How can this be fixed? -- HK If the formatting is important, send the document as an attachment. You have no control over how the recipient sees the email. If you are concerned that the recipient might not have Word, use one of the free pdf converters to convert the document into a .pdf file. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my s...

Don't Want Email Addresses Hyperlinked
Using Excel 2002... Is there any way to have the email address I have in my worksheet remain as simple text? (They typically are blue and want to be "mailtos.") thnx Menu Insert|Hyperlink... Click the Remove Hyperlink button. HTH Kostis Vezerides Tools / AutoCorrect Options.... "Autoformat as you type" tab, uncheck "internet and network paths with hyperlinks" HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "phil6666" <phil6666@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:2tn6o194usnq8dtdr7g7nfciv2pd68ccrc@4ax.com... > Using Excel 2002... > > Is there any ...

Address Book and other questions?
I have the following questions: How do I organize the address book to look like it does in Outlook - i.e. - detailed address cards? Can I change the color palette in Entourage? "Craig Schiffer" wrote: > How do I organize the address book to look like it does in Outlook - i.e. - > detailed address cards? I've never used Outlook so I couldn't even guess at how it looks. You need to post screenshots and give details of what you want the Address Book contact to show. You can post a screenshot link using a service like ImageShack. <http://imageshack.us/> How To...

emailing pictures.
what do i change my email settings to so that may send pictures (attachments)??? Version of Outlook? "confused" wrote: > what do i change my email settings to so that may send pictures > (attachments)??? 2003 (so sorry for the delayed response, i turned off my pc, b/c i was so irritated, all other help areas were just as confusing) "Mary" wrote: > Version of Outlook? > > "confused" wrote: > > > what do i change my email settings to so that may send pictures > > (attachments)??? If you are trying to use the Web toolbar to ...

Email Help: Sending Outlook email from Excel VBA
Hi All, How do I select a specific property in outlook while sending email from excel? There is an option we can set in outlook outgoing emails call "Voting buttons" in that feature there is a custom option that we can select called "Have replies sent to" its a checkbox. I want it checked when i send an email from excel. Hope i made it clear. Thanks in advance If sending through the Outlook Object Model, use the MailItem.VotingOptions property and MailItem.ReplyRecipients collection. -- Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP) http://www.dimastr.com/ OutlookSp...

How do I export email addresses from excel to outlook?
I am trying to do a mail merge using email via outlook. I have 200+ addresses and I'd like to know how to import the addresses into the contacts section of outlook to do the merge from there. I've tried the help part of out look but it comes up saying that the excel file has no named ranges and that I should use excel to name the range of data to be imported. Any help much appreciated. Thanks Mark In outlook select file/import export/ import from another program or file/ and then follow the instructions from the wizard. Why do you want to do the mailmerge from Outlook? You can...

Download email #2
How to download email from Microsoft exchange 2000 to Outlook Express?? without leave a copy at Exchange server. Outlook Express cannot download mail from Exchange. Why are you trying to do so without leaving a copy of the mail on Exchange? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Edi asked: | How to download email from Microsoft exchange 2000 to | Outlook E...

Problems with Using Word as Email Editor
We use Hummingbird DM 5.1.0.5 for our document and record management. When using this program, it has a problem with Outlook using Word as an Email Editor. When this is turned on, it seems that Outlook opens a different instance of Word. When you try to open or create a word document, you lose the ability to save or print. These features return to normal when you uncheck Word as an Email Editor in Outlook. I have heard that Microsoft was taking this up with Hummingbird to have them fix it. I am just wondering if this was to be resolved, or if it is Hummingbird's problem to ...

Email header in Entourage in Spanish/Italian or Portuguese instead of English
I'm using Entourage 2004 on a ppc mac; OS 10.4.8 is setup in American English, Keyboard is in American English; only my regional settings are for Vancouver, Canada. I was surprised to see the other day that the header of each email I have receive since installing entourage is in a romance language; either Spanish, Italian or Portuguese. I have the latest update for Office 2004. Any tips on how to change that would be appreciated. Regards, Mihai ...

emailing spreadsheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Every time I email a spreadsheet as an attachment the recipient cannot open it. I have tried copy and pasting it onto a word doc but apparrently it still doesn't open. What am I doin wrong It's hard to be sure because you don't indicate what *does* happen when the recipient tries to open it, whether these are Mac or Windows users, nor do you disclose any details pertaining to the email specs you or the recipients are using. You may be doing nothing wrong at all. It could be a problem with your ...

Email naming standards
I'd like to take a survey of email address naming standards and which ones you use. I've looking online for a "naming conventions" FAQ but had very little luck. At my company, it's currently lastnamefirstinitial@company.com, or smithj@company.com. I would like to lobby to change it simply because it's so out of step with the rest of the world. The way I see it, when it's jsmith@company.com there's a logical progression from left to right. We are changing the company name (and domain name), so the way I see it this is the perfect time to do it. Opinions? ...

How to make Outllok Express the default email
When I click to send an Excel worksheet, the default is through Microsoft Outlook. How do I make it send through Outlook Express (not as an attachment)? TIA. Mike To set in Outlook Express as default email you have tp do it through Internet Explorer. In Internet Explorer select Tools:InternetOptions the Programs tab and select Outlook Express for the Email section. When you use File:SendTo in excel do not use the as attachment option option --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Thanks for the quick reply; but still not sending by Outlook Express. Mike "dcronje &g...

workflow send email template to both case contact and account
I am in a desperate search to find a solution for creating a workflow that sends an automated email notification upon Case open to both the contact that submitted the case and parent account's primary contact/email. It seems that i can only do this manually, or send to one or the other but not both. Any suggestions from another service provider that has tackled this issue? Perhaps I am not seeing a logical approach that already exists. thanks, Austin ...

Copying email to other people
I have a situation where the owner of a company wants to be copied on email that goes to one of their employees. I can set up a rule in the employee's Outlook to forward mail, but they will be ableto see that it is being copied. Is there a way at the server level to have the incoming mail to someone get copied automatically to another mailbox without the first person's knowledge? I hope this is clear. Thanks! Hi you could set a journal mailbox per mailbox store in Exchange 2003 and in Exchange 2007 you could set a transport rule Henry "mrecomm101" wrote: > I ha...

how can I get outlook to set up my email accounts and have the se.
I keep getting error messages that the email server would not allow access, then the message now says that the email address line in outlook may be wrong, but I have checked it several times, and it is correct. It acts as though my previous attempts have somehow not been erased from the memory of the program. cjseals3 wrote: > I keep getting error messages that the email server would not allow > access, then the message now says that the email address line in > outlook may be wrong, but I have checked it several times, and it is > correct. It acts as though my previous attem...

Outlook 2003 email
When I try to open an attachment(in this case a "Word" document I get the following message "The system cannot find the file specified". Before I could double click and the attachment would open in my "Word Program". HELP!!! ...

email spell check right mouse problem
Using Outlook 2003 with Word 2003 as the email editor. Sometimes When a word is misspelled and gets highlighted with the red wavy underline if I right click over it the menu choices are for Signature items like Primary and Secondary. Sometimes it the spelling options are listed. So far I have not been able to determine what circumstances determine which menu will be activated. For my part I dont need to see the signature options and if I did I would put the mouse over the signature. Is there correction for this or a work around this problem? It sounds like you are typing in the signatur...

Importing address books into WLM
I have a new computer - I installed Windows Live Mail as my email client and also "imported" my Old Outlook Express address book But the contacts show up in Windows Contacts - NOT in Windows Live Mail How do I get them to appear there ?? TIA JM Have you signed in with a Live ID? "Jimbo" <jjmatt@davtv.com> wrote in message news:eWnw5acgKHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I have a new computer - I installed Windows Live Mail as my email client > and also "imported" my Old Outlook Express address book > > But the contac...

Outlook 2007 email graphics missing
Recently my e-newsletters are not showing most of the graphics. Where a graphic should appear is just a blank box (no x). I'm not sure if these are background graphics or not. This is really annoying. Of course I can open them up as a web page. I also have Norton 360 v. 2 upgraded recently. Could that have caused the problem? I've disabled Norton but the images still didn't show up. -- Neil Neil, The graphic in your e-newsletter must be linked to the image which must reside on a web server. It would be much easier for all of your recipients, if you would create a ...

lost subfolders and email -vista mail
Hi there, I have posted a similar email in browsers and email forum ( thougth it was this one). Yesterday I emptied the junk mail and when I looked again all my subfolders and email had disappeared. All my business work. I am lost! I have microsoft security essentials for antivirus. i have tried looking in the appdata local microsoft windowsmail folder and they are not there. what can I do now? will they be anywhere on my hard drive that I can access? -- franknigmir "franknigmir" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:2cd46bf8914586ed40d15804080c33...

using cards to copy name and address
Diane, i received this tip today from "daily outlook tips", and can't find any other way to respond to it more directly. no reply or feedback links in the email. the tip: "While you could use the insert address option in Word, its often cumbersome for a single address. Instead, make a view that shows the fields you typically use then select the Contact (or Contacts), copy and paste as text (I use a windows utility call "pure text" to do this rather than using paste special). If you use a card view with just the Full name, Company, and Address field...

automatically move spam emails to a junk folder
Hi, Under the Junk E-mail Options, I turned on the highest level of filter. It works fine except that many of the junk emails are still sent to my inbox folder. These junk emails are prefixed with "SPAM:" in their subjects. I still need to look for them and manually delete them. Is there a way to have the system to move all of them to a junk folder or the "Deleted Items" folder. So far Outlook has not mistakenly marked any of my personal email as "spam". I simply want to trust it and don't' want to pay attention to these junk emails in my in...

When I use the merge feature, it copies the same address on the e
-- Janet The one-line field is designed for one short concise line. The big mysterious white space is designed for you to provide a detailed description of your issue and (preferably) one or more questions. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Mail merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH010504371033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kangwa" <kangwa@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ED6D4BFE-1C52-4DE4-A8E9-828D097E9125@microsoft.com... > > -- > Ja...

Email delivery
Is there any way to have one email account deliverd to a .pst file and one delivered to an exchange mailbox in the same profile? No. You can have your mail delivered to an Exchange profile and then move certain mails by rule to a .pst but you cannot have them delivered directly to 2 different message stores automatically. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, cleve asked: | Is the...

Forwarding email with same domain to another mail server
Hii, I have a DNS at my network and subscribe a mail server (I'll say external mail server) with domain name same as the domain name at my network. I am still using Exchange Server 2000 as the mail server at my network (I'll say local mail server), but it has no MX. If there is an email from outside/from the other domain, it will be sent to the external mail server. For the local email (email with the same domain), will be sent to the local mail server directly. I think because the system will find the local mail server firstly while sending email. How should I do if I want to m...