Logging of relayed messages

On an E2K3 server SP1 is there a way to log users that relay messages on this
exchange server?  We have relaying 'for authenticated users only' set up
and/but there are still many programs on our network -that the develpoers
have not documented fully, that relay (send) automated emails to our clients.
 I can not just shut off all relaying -as i want to do, without first
allowing the specific IP addreses on our network the ability to continue to
relay messages out, so as to not interupt production.
0
Civic (14)

check the SMTP logs in windows\system32\logfiles (something like that) and
search for ehlo and helo commands and what the source IP's of the commands
were. If the source IP is one of you app servers, allow it to relay. It's
cumbersome but it'll work.

"Civic" wrote:

> On an E2K3 server SP1 is there a way to log users that relay messages on this
> exchange server?  We have relaying 'for authenticated users only' set up
> and/but there are still many programs on our network -that the develpoers
> have not documented fully, that relay (send) automated emails to our clients.
>  I can not just shut off all relaying -as i want to do, without first
> allowing the specific IP addreses on our network the ability to continue to
> relay messages out, so as to not interupt production.
0
knightly (222)

Relaying denied question
Running Exchange 2000. Occasionally, when sending an email to a certain domain, we'll receive a "You do not have permission to send to this recipient.....relaying denied" message. I've read alot of posts about reverse lookups being the culprit for a situation like this. My question is....would this be a problem on our end or the domain we're trying to send to? Another note...doing an nslookup of this other domain, I'm seeing the MX records list a primary and secondary mail server. But while the mail server FQD names are different, the IP addresses are the same. ...

CDO.Message.1 error 80070005
I am trying to send a message using CDO when I try to send the message, I get the error CDO.Message.1 error 80070005 Access denied I have installed Exchange server 2007 beta on my machine. On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 04:24:02 -0700, Microsoft Exchange 2007 command shell <MicrosoftExchange2007commandshell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to send a message using CDO > >when I try to send the message, I get the error > >CDO.Message.1 error 80070005 > >Access denied > >I have installed Exchange server 2007 beta on my machine. > Blimey, enough with...

Attaching an email to an email message
How does one attach a previously received/sent email to an email message one is preparing? For example: I receive from or send an email to person A. Person B emails me asking for something which I had covered in the email to A. How do I reply to B and attach the email I had already sent to A? Thanks for your help. -- Basharat Javaid. Insert->Item. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious ...

Exchange 2003 with Intelligent Message Filter
Dear all, Is the spamfilter enabled by default to all users upon installation? If not, how do I enable it for all users. Thanks. Regards, Kueh. On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 18:44:50 +0800, "KA Kueh" <kka@ksm.com.my> wrote: >Dear all, > >Is the spamfilter enabled by default to all users upon installation? If >not, how do I enable it for all users. Thanks. > >Regards, >Kueh. > It is not enabled by default. You need to configure it and apply the filter to the smtp virtual servers that are to be used to receive inbound Internet mail. If you go carefult...

Outlook is retrieving data
Hello, We get this message "Outlook is retrieving data from Microsoft Exchange Server 'Exch. server name' ...." every so often on Outlook 2002 (XP) and with Exchange 2000 server. The O/S is varied between Windows 98 SE and Windows XP Pro both running Office XP Prof. This slows down the performance quite a bit and on some cases it freezes up Outlook and the user can't do anything. Any ideas ? Thanks. JS ...

Set exchange 2003 to log bouced emails (to non existent users)?
My exchange server bounces emails sent to a non existent user at my domain. I would like to log all bounced emails, so that I can create mail forwards for some of those incorrect emails addresses. Is it possible to log those incorrect email addresses? Cheers. The easiest would be have a copy of non-delivery reports sent to an account such as yours or postmaster@yourdomain.com. You add this in the Messages tab of the Properties for the SMTP Virtual server in Exchange System Manager. William Danny F wrote: > My exchange server bounces emails sent to a non existent user at my doma...

Large number of transaction log files #2
I've got around 160 E00*.log files kicking around in the mdbdata directory of an Exchange Server 2003 server. I can't seem to find any references about the number of log files. Is there something I should be doing to reduce the number of log files or is the server ok? Cheers! Colin Never mind, I figured it out. The backup process was failing because of a security password reset and thus not consolidating the log files. :) Cheers, Colin "Colin Bowern" <colinbowern@nospam.indimensions.com> wrote in message news:OduryEI8EHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I&#...

Reload messages from GMail?
Hi, My system crashed and I've just finished rebuilding it (XP Media Center, Office 2007 Pro with BCM). I've learned my lesson about backing up everything, but in the meantime, I'm >but in the meantime, I'm What ?? -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Jay in PA" <rjweiss@gmail.com> wrote in message news:df0912f3-04ab-442b-a1d9-60b7203521ea@x6g2000vbg.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > My system crashed and I've just finished rebuilding it (XP Medi...

Pivot Table error message in Excel for Mac 2008

sending new e-mail message
got a new computer - am able to reply to a message that someone sends to me, but cannot "create" a new message and send it. Comes back undeliverable. Have typed in different e-mail addresses to try and send to and comes back with every one of them. Please post your version of Outlook when requesting help. Depending on your version, what happens when you use the Test Account Settings? Post the exact error message on the Errors tab. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.c...

Automatic Delete of Messages in Outlook 2007?
Is there a setting to automatically delete messages after X number of days in Outlook 2007? Thanks much. evtide@gmail.com <evtide@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there a setting to automatically delete messages after X number of > days in Outlook 2007? Thanks much. Open Help and enter "autoarchive" -- Brian Tillman ...

Is there a way to block messages sent to BCC?
Any way to block these messages? thx On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 14:15:21 -0500, "North Coast Sea Foods" <jleonard@northcoastseafoods.com> wrote: >Any way to block these messages? > >thx > Doubt it. "North Coast Sea Foods" <jleonard@northcoastseafoods.com> wrote: >Any way to block these messages? Sent from where? An anti-spam software might be able to do it, but checking the list of RCPT TO against the To: and Cc: headers isn't a very common thing to do since Bcc: is a legitimate thing to do. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exch...

Microsoft Office v. X for Mac keeps quitting with silly message
Hi there, I'm using a G4 and Mac OS X 10.3.3, plus Microsoft Office v. X Professional Edition, now updated to 10.1.5 through Updates 10.1.2, 10.1.3 and 10.1.4. This copy has been installed ONCE ONLY, on a reformatted hard drive and a clean System install, and has been registered on-line with Microsoft, with no apparent problems. There was a copy of Office '98 running for a day or two in Classic before Office v. X arrived, but I deleted everything of it I could find before installing v.X. The problem is, Office (usually running Word) has taken to quitting suddenly with the following m...

Where can outgoing messages hide
I possibly have a virus sending out spam from my computer. I don't show anything in my outbox but I see "sending 11 of 14" down in the status of Outlook 2007. Where would I find what is being sent? Thanks, Ed "Ed Finley" wrote in <news:eLVbwSSwIHA.2360@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>: > I possibly have a virus sending out spam from my computer. I don't show > anything in my outbox but I see "sending 11 of 14" down in the status of > Outlook 2007. Where would I find what is being sent? > Thanks, > Ed How many accounts do you have de...

Dark blue text in messages
Due to vision issues, I have switched my computer to a dark background with light colored text (High Contrast #1 color scheme in XP display properties). I have managed to change most of the other programs I use so the font colors they use are readable (font colors and accessibility options in IE, font colors in Outlook, etc.), but when I get mesages in Outlook XP that use formatted text, they are often in dark blue, which is unreadable on a nack background. For an example, most all of the March Technet announcement message that just arrived from MS is dark blue on my computer (I tried pasting ...

Locatiion of Message Rules Files
I transferred over my outlook/pst file to my new computer. mailboxes and messages and contactws Xfered fine but I see that my rules are not there. What file do I need to Xfer over to my new system to get the rules as they were on my old system. I sure done want to make up the rules again. Art http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm has all the information you require. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Art Koenig <mdilabs@satx.rr.com> asked: | I transferred ove...

Event Log ID 2043, 2044 from MSExchangeSA
I recently had to rebuild my Exchange Server so I have been monitoring the Event Logs pretty closely. Today I noticed these entries in the Application Log: 2043 Event Type: Information Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 2043 Date: 3/3/2004 Time: 1:51:45 PM User: N/A Computer: <my exchange server> Description: Starting the bulk e-mail address process. Event Type: Information Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 2044 Date: 3/3/2004 Time: 1:51:46 PM User: N/A Computer: <my exchange server> Description: Completed the bulk e-mai...

How to Stop Message Recall
Two weeks ago someone tried to do a message recall on Outlook from my computer (we don't use Exchange Server). Apparently the box was checked that asks to be notified of success or failure. Every day since then I get several e-mails telling me that the recall attempt was unsuccessful. I've deleted the original message but still keep getting the updates. Is there any way to turn that off? ...

Outlokk is trying to send messages when the Outbox is empty.
My outlokk is trying to send 45 messages when my Outbox is empty. This cause the program to work erratically. I have to constantly close all programs and restart the computer, to receive new email. What type of email account? Could they be read receipts? http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/delete_rr.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exch...

RELAY #2
Hi , How can I disable the relay message in my exchange 2003??? The message? On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 11:21:15 +0200, "Essam" <essam@bk.co.il> wrote: >Hi , > >How can I disable the relay message in my exchange 2003??? > "Essam" <essam@bk.co.il> wrote: >How can I disable the relay message in my exchange 2003??? Sure. Uncheck the box that says authenticated uses can relay. The system's installed with relaying disabled for all but authenticated users so, unless you've changed something, removing that permission will prevent relays. -- ...

How to supress Access messages and using own messages
Good afternoon, Would someone tell me how to supressed message from Access but give a message of my own words. I know there is a setting in Tools --> Options --> tab Edit/Find, there is a section which headed Confirm. I know I would unticked those boxes which will not give me the message. But this is only partial of what I want, I want to give a more meaningful message to users and not the default message from Acess. Anyway this would be done ? Many thanks in advance. Smiley Hi Dave, Thank you for the info. I still would like to know how would I find out which message poppe...

Child CDialog-based custom control message problem
I have a CFormView based MDI application. I created a custom control, which has a couple static texts, an edit box, a scrollbar and is CDialog-based. This custom control is dynamically placed in the CFormView several times using Create. This all works fine. I'd like to add to this by getting WM_SETFOCUS and WM_KEYDOWN messages for the child dialog so that I can draw a rectangle around the child dialog that has focus and adjust the value of the number the scrollbar and edit box represent using the arrow keys. I'm not getting these messages because I've overrode PreTranslateMess...

Message in SOE entry form
I have an order that when I try and edit in Sales Transaction Entry it's giving me the message "This Document has been posted" and will not let me do anything with the order. Any Ideas? Go to CustomerSource and run the Automated Solution to fix this error. Scroll down to Sales Order Processing and run the link corresponding to SOP Already Been Posted Error. https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/selfsupport/automatedsolutions/automatedsolutionsR10.htm Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusin...

How do I send an Automatic Message at a pre-defined time? #2
Hi, I 'd like to send an automatic message after a certain action is completed. How do I configure outlook to do this? <fiorentico@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1143146339.932934.203520@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I 'd like to send an automatic message after a certain action is > completed. How do I configure outlook to do this? What action? If it is a Outlook event, you will probably have to look at scripting it yourself. -- John Blessing http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk software priced to suit all businesses http://www.room-bookin...

delayed opening of messages in inbox
I am experiencing a delay of 5 to 7 seconds in the opening of messages in my Outlook 2002 inbox. This problems became much worse when I updated Office to SP2 about a week ago. Previously, the delay was 1 or 2 seconds. Check Tools | Options | Other. Is the option to enable Instant Messaging integration checked? If so, uncheck it and restart Outlook. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "John Reves" <jrev@umich.edu> wrote in message news:09ec01...