Linking Outlook fields from the "Contact Folder" to a custom form in Outlook...

Using Exchange Server 2003/Outlook 2003, we have created a custom Help
Desk form in Outlook. We would like the ability to link specific fields
from the Contacts Folder (Example B), in a drop-down list box if
possible.  We are far from knowing that something like this is even
possible.  Would appreciate *any* suggestions.  Thank you.

0
wolfcg (2)

Exchange 2003 public contact folder
I have Exchange 2003 running on my network and the users have expressed interest in having one main contact list they can all access and add contacts to. Is there a step by step out there that will show how to do this. If so, please advise. I believe this can be done through public folders. Note, will this public contact list still have the functionality of other contact folders? ie: they will be able to send an email by clicking on the contact. ...

DELETE multiple contact folders
Hi, Searching this group, I see many posts asking how users can implement multiple contact folders ("address books"). My problem is the reverse: I don't know why, but on the pulldown menu under "Outlook Address Book," I have TWO folders labeled "Contacts." I think this resulted from an earlier attempt to export my old list from a different computer. In any event, what a pain trying to manage them. I never know from which folder my auto-complete entries are being drawn, so when I update a contact I have to do it in both folders. But I haven't yet fou...

Outlook New Email "To..." Addresses From Contact Folder
The displayed name This is supposed to be controlled by "Display as:" under "Email" in Contact. I can't get it to work. "First Last" is always displayed no matter what I do. Suggestions? I suggest posting your Outlook version so we can answer. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Roy Bethel" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:brno9s$7vh$1@newslocal.mitre.org... > The displayed name This is supposed to be controlled by "Display as:" under > "Email" in Contact. I can't get it to work. "First Last"...

can not open group contact folders in windows mail
not sure what has happened but as of today whne i try to openmy contact group i am asked with default program i need to open it with. so my 2 questions are : 1. why did this change 2. which default program will open my group contact thanks troy Open the Default Programs applet, which you can access either from the Start menu or via the Control Panel, then click the first item: "Set your default programs." After a few seconds, a list of programs comes up. Click on "Windows Contacts". If it doesn't respond with "This program has all its = defaults&...

Outlook Auto Resolve Distribution List in Contact Folder In Public Folder
We're running Outlook 2000 and Exchange 2000. I have a Distribution List called DL1 in a Contacts Folder called CF1 in a Public Folder called PF1. When I type DL1 in the To: field of an email and click "Check Names" Outlook is unable to resolve the name of the Distribution List. But it resolves non Distribution List entries just fine. To set this up, I right clicked CF1, clicked Properties, Outlook Address Book, and placed a check mark in front of "Show this folder as an e-mail address book". In Outlook I clicked Tools, Services, Addressing and added CF1 ...

Can't Find Contact Folder?
When I click the contact folder I Outlook "cant find the folder". Where is this setting so I can see which folder it's looking for? .... version Outlook XP Sorry about that. Microsoft Outlook 2003 running on Windows XP. In Outlook, there is not a seperate file for contacts. It is part of the same pst file as the other folders. Never heard of this before, so this may not work, but since OL does not believe thecontact folder is there it might. Right click Personal Folders and select New Folder, name it Contacts and see what happens. Worst that could happen is that it will ...

Calendar View shows 2 contact folders not calendars (Outlook 2003, Exchange 2003, WinXP Pro)
I have a client PC that has 2 contact folders, Personal and Business. She has her own calendar and opens 2 other shared calendars. Everything was fine until last week when the Personal and Business contact folders started showing up under her Calendar Navigation pane and her regular calendars are not there. I set up her account on another client PC and the calendars display correctly. I've completed a Detect and Repair and even it hasn't helped. I gave her a new MAPI profile on her PC and it didn't help. I can reinstall Outlook, but wanted to know if I need to clean anything on ...

Error on contact folder, cannot open win mail anymore
User accidentally did something moving a contact folder from "my documents" or something(he doesn't know exactly) to a pendrive which failed thus deleting it, after that, windows mail does not open anymore, it says "cannot open contacts folder" then returns error 0x800fffff and after clicking OK to that it returns MSOE.dll error. how can i fix this?, there's no backup, no system restore, nothing. i've even installed windows live mail, after more than an hour upgrading, it resturns the same contacts error and crashes. OS is Vista SP2 regards...

Two Contact folders
In Outlook 2002 I have two Contact folders. This seems to be because I failed to copy my .pst file from my old computer until after I installed Outlook. The primary Contact file has no entries so I have to specifically choose the 2nd file before I e-mail. How do I delete the empty one and make the 2nd the primary? BTW if I click Contacts on the menu my good set shows. I have closed a second Personal Folders set which resulted from the above problem. Ron Carr <RonCarr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In Outlook 2002 I have two Contact folders. This seems to be because > I ...

How do I associate a contact folder with address list?
I have all these contact lists, some with all my data, some just blank. When I go to email, I go to New, then To, but no addresses to choose from. I get an errror sayings that there is no associated contact folder for my address list. any thoughts George wrote: > I have all these contact lists, some with all my data, some just > blank. When I go to email, I go to New, then To, but no addresses to > choose from. I get an errror sayings that there is no associated > contact folder for my address list. > > any thoughts Right-click on your contacts folder, go to propert...

Activities Tab behaviour for items Public Contact Folders
We have set up a Public Contacts Folder in Exchange 2003 and have assigned some Activities Tab folder groups (each activity gruop points to another single Public Mail item Folder). When using the Activities Tab on different Contacts, sometimes the associated mail items are located, sometimes not , (or sometimes not right away but say the next day). We can't find any documentation on how the Activites Tab works. Would anyone pleae know: What match critera is used (eg is it the name, email1 address etc)? Is there a lag between putting in the Contact item and associated Activities (eg ...

PST contacts' folder as main contact folder
Hi, I would like to set a folder located in a PST file as my primary (and default) Contact folder. I defined an e-mail account and, by default, the Contact folder that is used when I click on "New Contact" is the Contact folder located in the same PST or OST where I have my default Inbox and Outbox. That folder is undeletable and is the one used for ActiveSync Contact synchronization with Windows Mobile. How can I define another Contact folder as my primary/default (and possibly undeletable) Contact folder? -- Plo You can't. Only the root Contacts Fold...

Synchronizing public contact folder to a folder in user's mailbox
Is there any way i can synchronize a public folder containing contacts to a contact folder in user's private mailbox. I understand that i can do it manually but i need some way of doing it realtime and automatically. Any utility which works well under windows2003/exchange 2003 would be great as well. I need a utility which can run on the server and update a given user's mailbox accordingly. User is running Outlook 2003. Of course i would prefer to do it with Exchange's native functionality The reason i need to accomplish the above is following: I've setup Blackberry enterprise...

Trouble sharing Outlook contact folders
My company just got Outlook 2003. I transferred my e-mail address book. The individual e-mail folders didn't transfer, so I created all new folders and moved the e-mail addresses to them. I gave another person permission to see my address book. All the e-mail addresses appear, but when he clicks on the individual folders, it is empty. Why can't I share the e-mails in a group? ...

2 Contact folders #2
I have 2 Contact folders named A and B. When I click To.. folder A opens. How do I make folder B open first? Set that option in your address book view: Tools > Options -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Invalid" <invalidl@invalid.com> wrote in message news:Xns9A4B6C39EDDA7rleasycom@208.49.82.28... >I have 2 Contact folders named A and B. When I click To.. folder A opens. > How do I make folder B open first? > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in news:477266CE- 2D4F-47A4-B4E6-001FF4029BC8@microsoft.com: > Set that opt...

Undelete My Contact Folder
Under my contacts I accidently deleted an address book folder. This is not a distribution list. I have many folders created. If I go to mail tab under deleted items it does not show up to restore. If I go back to my contacts and create a new folder under select where you want to place folder the it shows up under deleted items, but there is nothing I can do with it. If I go to tools Address Book the delete address book is there with contacts, but I can't restore it back under My Contacts. Can someone help?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com What is an address boo...

Selecting Contact Folder 4 'add to outlook contacts'
Hi, I am looking for a way of selecting a contacts folders when using the 'Add to Outlook Contacts' folder option off a eMail. When I receive a new eMail with contact information that I don't have, I would like to select a public or private contact folder depending on the eMail. Currently it adds to my personal contacts folder and then I have to move / copy it to the relavent folder. Thanks in advance Instead of Save and Close, choose File, Move to Folder. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, ...

two contact folders disappeared. Where could they have gone?
Tried to open a contacts folder but it wouldn't open. Restarted outlook, saw the folder appear but then it disappeared before outlook fully loaded. Any idea where it could have gone? "Cloudburst" <Cloudburst@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8696545F-26EE-43ED-A8BF-A48FBC6F0928@microsoft.com... > Tried to open a contacts folder but it wouldn't open. Restarted outlook, saw > the folder appear but then it disappeared before outlook fully loaded. Any > idea where it could have gone? Saw it appear where? What version of Outlook? Wha...

Sharing Contact Folders
I can only share my folder labeled "contacts". I can't share the other folders I created with different titles which still contain contact information. I applied my boss' information to each folder and he still can't see them. MiraCatering wrote: > I can only share my folder labeled "contacts". I can't share the other > folders I created with different titles which still contain contact > information. I applied my boss' information to each folder and he > still can't see them. Are you using NetFolders? Exchange server? If you're...

deleted contact folder
Hey everybody. I wanted to pass along a program that offers a valuable fix to what I believe is a significant bug in MS Outlook. A friend had created some new folders specifically for Contacts, and had named them accordingly and was moving Contacts from their default "Contacts" folder to the new folders he'd created. When he tried to rename one of the folders, he accidentally clicked on Delete Folder (which appears next to "Rename Folder" in the pulldown). I'm not sure if it prompted him to delete, but if it did, he must have inadventently hit "yes" be...

Exchange 2007
Hi there, I'm trying to create a public contact folder in Exchange 2007. I can create a new public folder using the "New-PublicFolder" shell command, but it defaults to Post item types. Could anyone tell me how to set it so that it defaults to Contact item types? Thanks, -Richard rk <rk@leapbeyond.com> wrote: > Hi there, > > I'm trying to create a public contact folder in Exchange 2007. > > I can create a new public folder using the "New-PublicFolder" shell > command, but it defaults to Post item types. Could anyone tell me how > t...

Sharing non-Default Contact Folders
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003 and Exchange. I have the default Contacts folder which I use for my own contacts and do not want to share. I have set up several other Contacts folders. I want to share one of my additional folders with one list of people and another with another group. I have added valid names to each folder's Permissions and picked which level of permission I am granting for each user for each folder. When the nominated users tries to see the folder they select my name using the appropriate dialog, they can't 'see' any of my additional folders - they can see...

Need to remove Contact Folder in Outlook 2000
i have a lot of duplicate entries (1000), need to remove the entire folder. Do you want to delete them or do something else with them, have you looked at the duplicate checkers here http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts.htm#dupes "Rob Smith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:118b501c3f5b4$d44891f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > i have a lot of duplicate entries (1000), need to remove > the entire folder. > > Need to remove the entire Contact Folder. >-----Original Message----- >Do you want to delete them or do something else with ...

how to import a contact folder to a new device?
I need to find out how to import my contact folder (from a nokia n73) to a htc touch! Then I would ask the manufacturers of your cell phones. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Drew asked: | I need to find out how to import my contact folder (from a nokia n73) | to a htc touch! How about syncing the NOkia with Outlook, possibly setting up a special contacts folder if you want only a subset, and then syncing ht Touch with that same folder. NOkia gives you its own software adn the Touch uses A...

Synchronizing contact folders #2
Is there any way to synchronize public folder contacts with an users exchange mailbox contacts? The idea is that when the PDAs sync the user's profile, that they get the share company contacts folder. Hi Peter, your Outlook version is? Your Exchange Server version is? You could use 3rd party tools which support the synchronizatio directly with "Public Folders": http://www.slipstick.com/addins/olpda.htm You could try (for Outlook 2002) a freeware tool of Microsoft "Outlook PCS": "Outlook 2002 Add-in: Pocket Contact Synchronizer 1.2" http://www.micro...