limits the number of recipients

Hi MVP's,
I have one issue.

Exchange 2003, Windows server 2003 R2.

I have on Query based DL 'All users' which is set to query all exchange
recipients in users OU.
Number of users in the OU is about 8000+.

When sending email to 'All users' I receive an NDR as

The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be addressed in a
single message.  Send the message multiple times to fewer recipients.
            <lormail02.group.local #5.5.3>.

In Exchange console Global setting limit recipient number is set to 5000.

When I change this number to 10000/ No Limit, I can send email successfully.

Now my Question is

wehter this setting limits the total numbers of recipients per DL or it
limits total number of recipients in that perticular message regardless of
DL's.

More clear
My assumption is Global setting limits number of users per DL. So if I have
two DL's say A_DL and B_DL with 5000 users each it sould allow me to send the
mail, However if I have a single DL sya D_DL with 10000 users I should not be
able to send the email to this DL.

Kindly guide me on this.

Thanks in advance.

--
Jaywant Kamble.

Unfortunately, that's the way it works.  Or doesn't work.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"Jaywant" <Jaywant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi MVP's,
> I have one issue.
>
> Exchange 2003, Windows server 2003 R2.
>
> I have on Query based DL 'All users' which is set to query all exchange
> recipients in users OU.
> Number of users in the OU is about 8000+.
>
> When sending email to 'All users' I receive an NDR as
>
> The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be addressed in
> single message.  Send the message multiple times to fewer recipients.
>            <lormail02.group.local #5.5.3>.
>
> In Exchange console Global setting limit recipient number is set to 5000.
>
> When I change this number to 10000/ No Limit, I can send email
> successfully.
>
> Now my Question is
>
> wehter this setting limits the total numbers of recipients per DL or it
> limits total number of recipients in that perticular message regardless of
> DL's.
>
> More clear
> My assumption is Global setting limits number of users per DL. So if I
> have
> two DL's say A_DL and B_DL with 5000 users each it sould allow me to send
> the
> mail, However if I have a single DL sya D_DL with 10000 users I should not
> be
> able to send the email to this DL.
>

> Kindly guide me on this.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> --
> Jaywant Kamble.

0
Ed

Importing Numbers
I imported a bunch of records that include an item number that begins with "0". Both the Excel spreadsheet cell and the Access table are marked as NUMBER. Nevertheless, when the item are imported the leading "0" was deleted. Why? How do I overcome that as I have to have the "0". -- KM Am 02.06.2010 16:44, schrieb Kevin M: > I imported a bunch of records that include an item number that begins with > "0". Both the Excel spreadsheet cell and the Access table are marked as > NUMBER. Nevertheless, when the item are imported the leadi...

Auto Account Number Generation
Here's a newbie question for which I have not yet been able to find a solution. Whenever creating a new account, I'd like the form to automatically display an account number in the accountnumber field that is one more than the max in the table. How can I automtically create this? That is how can I run a query on form load that looks up the current max account number then add one to it? ANy help would be appreciated. Only way to do this is through writing some code. For example you could achieve this using a callout. When you save a new account you can have the callout scan ...

message is larger than the current system limit
I am new to Exchage Server administration. I have Exchange 6.5 SP2. I can't get an email out with a 12M attachment. We have to send such a large file about once a year. I have read, and, I believe, followed the instructions of Article 322679. My user account send limit is: 200000 (KB). Golbal Message Delivery Property is "No Limit." I set Default Virtual Server Send Max to 200000, Session Max 300000. Set Connector to send Max 200000. I ran gpupdate /force on server and client. After that, I turned off cached mode on the client; restarted Outlook 2003; Turned Cached Mode b...

Q: How to make "whole" numbers?
Hello NG, i want to tell excel, to make out of a number e.g. 5,93 a "whole number" (as we call it in german), wich in this case would be 5. please don't mix it up with ROUND. round would have made a 6 out of it. what i want, is that all these numbers e.g. 5,01 5,45 5,9 would be turned into a 5 thanx in advance, Tom. -- _______________________ http://tom.lautenbacher.biz _______________________ On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 02:45:25 +0200, "Tom H. Lautenbacher" <Lautenbacher@gmx.net> wrote: >Hello NG, > >i want to tell excel, to make out of a number e.g. 5,...

How do I add numbers in visible cells using Excel 97
I need to add values in visible cells using Excel 97 using a formula instead of adding values of each cell individually. Thank You John Kennedy If you mean your data is filtered, check out the SUBTOTAL function -- eg: =SUBTOTAL(9,B:B) Rgds, Andy -- Support Boris - visit http://www.ncadc.org.uk/letters/newszine36/boris.html If you are hidding the rows using a filter, then look in help at the Subtotal worksheet function. Other than that, there is no built in function that ignores hidden cells. Perhaps there is a cell value condition you can check - so you could use Sumif, use the c...

Formula to find the last number of a column (lower cell)
I have a column with numbers. I want a formula that it will be finding the lower cell that has data. For example in column A i have numbers in cells A1, A2 and A3. In cell A10 i want a fotmula. With this formula will see in cell A10 the number that i have in cell A3. If i put a number in cell A4 i want that number to be shown in cell A10. Try the below in cell A10 =LOOKUP(10^10,A1:A9) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "yiannis5231" wrote: > I have a column with numbers. I want a formula that it will be finding the > lower cell that has data. For example in colu...

Number to Word
I want to enter "1" in cell a1 and i want "annual" to populate into b1. Iwant to enter ".52" in cell a1 and i want "semi-annual to populat into b1. so on and so on. I want excel setup up so if i type 1 that it puts annual into a cell Annual, semi annual, quarterly and monthly. Is this possible?? Thanks -- 867503 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 8675039's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1633 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27756 A VL...

Emailing to a fax number
what is syntax for sending an email to a fax number? That requires an email to fax service. Press CTRL+SHIFT+X in the main Outlook window to start settings things up. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "ljc" <ljc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F87560BF-8996-49B3-88AF-BC49F564FC16@microsoft.com... > what is syntax for sending an email to a f...

Find cell numbers in a table so I can multiply
Hello, I have a word document and in the documents header there is a table. This table a has diferent number of cells in each row like: Row one: 2 cells Row two: 4 cells Row three: 2 cells Row four: 10 cells Row five: 2 cells What I wanted to do is multipy 3 cells together thats in row four and show the total in the same row. I have a number in the 3rd cell that needs * by the number in the fith cell that needs * by the number in the seventh cell and totaled in the 9th cell. I know I have to select the ninth cell and select table/formula then what? -- Thanks, Chad I ...

Recipients problem in received mails
Hi, We're using Exchange 2003+SP2 in mixed mode with Exchange 5.5 SP4. Most of the user mailboxes already moved to new Exchange server. Since the move some of the people started getting mails that do not have in To: field the real recipient name but another user name from the organization. We started thinking how come the user gets another user's mail because there was only one recipient name in the "To:" field. When I checked the Exchange server, I saw in Message Tracking Center the message that came to that user was actually intended for couple of users but the Outlo...

Recipient Policy filtered by Child Domain:
We are in the process of deploying an Exchange system that will have multiple child domains in a single forest. Because some of these Child domaisn have a different internet domain name I'd like to be able to create a Recipient Policy that filters based on what child domain that person belongs to. While I've been able to create filters based on OU, etc... I've not seen anything allows me to filter for say Child1.Domain.Local vs Child2.Domain.local. Is this possible? Thanks. Michael Edward Kohlman "Michael Edward Kohlman" <NoSpam@NoSpam.com> wrote: &g...

Changing initials into numbers
I have data that I download into Excel and initials are used for different people. I need to give those initials a number in excel for example MJ = 01, HS = 02..etc. Thank you. On 2/3/2010 9:26 AM, Kathie wrote: > I have data that I download into Excel and initials are used for different > people. I need to give those initials a number in excel for example MJ = 01, > HS = 02..etc. Thank you. see VLOOKUP in Excel help. Bill Kathie You have to be more specific. Where are the initials (column, row, sheet)? Where do you want the numbers placed? HTH Otto &quo...

the number "3" displays like an exposant
je ne comprend pas pourquoi le chiffre 3 apparait comme un exposant dans mon classeur ...

Socket relared problem (getting free port number dynamically) #2
Hi all, i have one problem related to thread. i am having my main thread running which will on some event create a thread for validation purpose and then will start working. and now this validator thread will create a socket and it will bind to port 20111. and then will wait for client to connect. but before waiting for client to connect it will send a message to the main thread that validation is done. but in this way i need to stick with port 20111.which i really don't want. Is it possible for me to get a free port from operating system or from winsock library and then i should bind t...

Number of users
Can anybody tell me the number of users that can use Excel at any one point. I am fairly sure that a number of users can use it at once, but will they have to look at the spreadsheet in a 'read only' state with only one user having the full functions of the spreadsheet. So basically, is it true that a number of users can use it, but the spreadsheet is in a read only format? any help will be most appreciated. Mark -- pompey_student ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pompey_student's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=ge...

phone numbers #2
how do i add a new phone number field to the drop down list in outlook? You mean besides the 17 or so that are there? You can't add a new type of phone number. Sorry. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza "shauna" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a23801c486cc$833670d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > how do i add a new phone number field ...

Formatting cells for big numbers and formulas ...without the formu
Hello, I am stuck with this: If I want cells to display like 20-digit numbers in numerical form (that is, not the xxx+EXX way), formatting them as a text is okay. But then I need to add formulas and want the results to be displayed. But as the cells are text formatted, the result in the cell is of course the text of the formula plus the number. So my question is - in a cell I want e.g. "12345678901234567890-sum(A1,B1)" and I want the cell to display the resulting number, not the formula itself. How do I achieve this? The maximum precision for a number is 15 digits according to...

entering numbers that begin with zero
I often enter manufacturer model#'s into my spreadsheet. If they begin with zero Excel automatically the zero. What can I do to change this? On Sep 10, 1:15=A0pm, Shannon <Shan...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I often enter manufacturer model#'s into my spreadsheet. =A0If they begin= with > zero Excel automatically the zero. =A0What can I do to change this? You can format the cells to accept leading zero's. From the format cells window, look for custom number formats, then in the Type field type 0000 , with each zero representing the number of digits you w...

numbers not correct
When I try to add numbers to a cell, they are converted to a date. How can I correct this? I have the "general" numbers tab selected. (Excel 2007) Think you could either precede the entry with an apostrophe ('), or pre-format the data entry col as text. -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "Chicken Dogs" wrote: > When I try to add numbers to a cell, they are converted to a date. How can I > correct this? I have the "general" numbers tab selected. (Excel 2007) ...

Add a number based on list of criteria ??
Example: Cell A = 50, Cell B = 96%, Cell C = Cell A + (Cell A x Cell B) = 98 I want to be able to compare the list of criteria and add a number to Cell C accordingly For example: If Cell B is between 95 and 100%, Add 1 to the total in Cell C If between 85 and 94%, add 2... etc. There are more than 7 so I know I can't simply nest If statements... Any advice on how I could fairly simply accomplish this? TIA! One way: Put your % bands in a table (say in J1:Kx, e.g.: J K 1 0 11 2 5% 10 3 15% 9 .... 10 85% 2 11 ...

Repeat values in column A a certain number of times depending on the value in column B
Imagine a set of data as set out below: Column A Column B Apples 24 Pears 36 Oranges 8 I want to poplulate a column (for exampel column A on a new sheet), where the values in column A will be repeated as many times as the value in column B Thus the first 24 rows will say Apples, the next 36 rows will Pears, Oranges. I need a formula that recogonizes that when it gets to row 25 that it should no longer need to copy Apples, but then switch to pears. This might sound like an unusual request but if I can grasp a way to do this I can create the table I need and populate the rest...

Cannot see CC'd recipients after e-mail is auto-forwarded
Hello Newsgroup, I have set up a rule in Microsoft Outlook to automatically forward e-mails that are sent to account A (mine) to automatically forward it to account B (also mine). Both accounts are on the same domain, but with different subdomains. The problem I am experiencing is I cannot see any CC'd recipients. For example, person 1 sends an e-mail to person 2 and CC'd me (person 3) among other people. When I receive the e-mail in account B, all I see is the message is from person 1 and sent to person 2. I cannot see that the message was CC'd to me or anyone else. Anyone els...

Newbie Help for Custom Number Formats
Hey All, I am working on a spreadsheet that I would like to have it append the inch symbol as part of the number format ("). I figured out that I can add custom suffixes with the use of the quotation marks, but I can't place a quotation mark inside of quotes and get what I need. Is there any way to have Excel do this for me? I know it seems like a small thing to do, but having Excel add this for me would save me a lot of time with formulas and all. Example: 24" Thanks in advance. JB -- joshb416 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ j...

::: Outlook 2003 - TaskPad
Hello, Could anyone tell me if the TaskPad has a limited amount of task that can be enter? If no perfect! If yes what is the limit (in number of tasks)? In other words can I enter as many tasks as I wont or not? Many thanks for your help! Have a good day, Jacques infojacques@gmail.com <infojacques@gmail.com> wrote: > Could anyone tell me if the TaskPad has a limited amount of task that > can be enter? > If no perfect! > If yes what is the limit (in number of tasks)? > In other words can I enter as many tasks as I wont or not? The Tasks folder itself, depending on you...

AUTO NUMBERING #2
hi all,i have made an invoice template for my work.how can i get these invoices to sequentially number each time i use the invoice and save as iun the customers name?any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. thanks wyn. -- WYN Hi one way (using the Windows registry for storing the last number). Put the following code in the workbook module (not in a standard module) of your template: - It changes cell A1 of the first sheet - you may change the key identifiert according to your needs (e.g. DEFAULTSTART, MYLOCATION, etc.) Private Sub Workbook_Open() Const DEFAULTSTART As Int...