limiting email for local use only

exchange 2003, clients using outlook 2003

We want to limit a certain group of user to send and receive email  locally.
We do not want them to be able to send or receive email from or to external
sources.

We just want their email to be used internally.

How can we do this?

-Thanks for any help.

See :

Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"Frank White" <etchingham@gmail.com> wrote in message
> exchange 2003, clients using outlook 2003
>
> We want to limit a certain group of user to send and receive email
locally.
> We do not want them to be able to send or receive email from or to
external
> sources.
>
> We just want their email to be used internally.
>
> How can we do this?
>
> -Thanks for any help.

0
neil.hobson (1158)
2/4/2005 4:13:01 PM
On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 10:58:39 -0500, "Frank White"
<etchingham@gmail.com> wrote:

>exchange 2003, clients using outlook 2003
>
>We want to limit a certain group of user to send and receive email  locally.
>We do not want them to be able to send or receive email from or to external
>sources.
>
>We just want their email to be used internally.
>
>How can we do this?
>
>-Thanks for any help.

mark7219 (5666)
2/4/2005 4:16:50 PM
Dang!  Missed the 2003 bit.  :(

--

> On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 10:58:39 -0500, "Frank White"
> <etchingham@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >exchange 2003, clients using outlook 2003
> >
> >We want to limit a certain group of user to send and receive email
locally.
> >We do not want them to be able to send or receive email from or to
external
> >sources.
> >
> >We just want their email to be used internally.
> >
> >How can we do this?
> >
> >-Thanks for any help.
> >
> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF025.html

0
neil.hobson (1158)
2/4/2005 4:21:00 PM
thanks for the links guys, I was on that site but I didn't find these

once again thanks, this saved me a lot of time

> On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 10:58:39 -0500, "Frank White"
> <etchingham@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>exchange 2003, clients using outlook 2003
>>
>>We want to limit a certain group of user to send and receive email
>>locally.
>>We do not want them to be able to send or receive email from or to
>>external
>>sources.
>>
>>We just want their email to be used internally.
>>
>>How can we do this?
>>
>>-Thanks for any help.
>>
> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF025.html

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 16:21:00 -0000, "Neil Hobson [MVP]"
<neil.hobson@nospam.silversands.co.uk> wrote:

>Dang!  Missed the 2003 bit.  :(

Not as bad as me hitting <paste> yesterday which ended up suggesting a
a guy upgrade to Windows 2003 before doing the Exchange. Zoiks.
0
mark7219 (5666)

How do I fix a sudden problem with sending and receiving emails f.
I have been successfully using Outlook as my default email program with my SBCYahoo dsl for some months and then I was not. The only thing I can link it to, possible, is that for a short while I agreed to allow Microsoft to monitor my use of their programs. after about a week, some of the programs didn't work as well and some other problems occurred, so a uninstalled that program. what happen now is that the process times out after receiveing a few of the emails and says that "connection was interrupted"-which is impossible since I am 'always connected' via dsl...

Missing emails 02-05-10
I recently had to do a system recovery, and when I restored files the emails looked like they were there. But when I open up a saved email folder, often all the listed emails wind up opening with the same email message. The mail titles are right, but when I open it to read, it is the same as another mail from the same folder. Anybody konw why? What can I do? Thanks, Tim It sounds as if the database may be messed up. You can try repairing it (www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/). You can also search for *.eml and that should give you the actual messages instead of from within WinMa...

Windowsupdate using Intranet?
Is there a way to setup a local server to use as the wundowsupdate site for a large # of pc's, but that has a small pipe to the internet? Try downloading the Software update services onto one server, use that the install onto PC's etc, using Group Policies cheers >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to setup a local server to use as the >wundowsupdate site for a large # of pc's, but that has a >small pipe to the internet? >. > ...

Not promoting emails
When I select and email and then click on "Promote E-mail to CRM Activity" I get the error message: "An error occurred while trying to promote the e-mail. Try again" Is there anyway to find out what exactly that error was? Thanks Stephen, We're having the same problem. I have started a call with MS on this. I'll let you know what I find out. Did anyone find a solution for this? I'm having the same issue. BTW, I found out that things that I have recived from others I can still promote but if I have sent it, it does not look like it's working. Rich...

Excel Data Querry using criteria from Cell
Hello, I have created a data query in Excel using DATA - IMPORT EXTERNAL DATA - NEW DATABASE QUERY and then selecting Access and browsing to an query within an Access database. This query returns all data into excel, but I would like to limit the criteria based on what a user has typed into a cell in the Excel workbook. I thought this could be accomplished by clicking DATA - IMPORT EXTERNAL DATA then PARAMETERS but the PARAMETERS option is grayed out. I can select EDIT CURRENT QUERY, but this just brings me into the Microsoft query, where I don't see any options to query based on...

Junk email problem...
We run a exchange 2003 environment and all of our users run Outlook 2003. We turn off the "junk email filter" in outlook but for some reason email is still going into our users junk email folders on their mailboxes. I am assuming somewhere in exchange this option is turned on and filtering this email. Any ideas on what I am missing? Thanks all Halve, I've been experiencing the same issue and have not found a solution for it as of yet. I've used group policies to disable the Junk Email filter in Outlook and have used the OWA Administration Tool to disable the Junk E...

Best procedure for forwarding email of fired sales employee?
We recently fired a sales employee and now I need to make sure his manager receives all the emails. What's the best practice for handling this type of situation. Should I give the manager rights to the fired employees inbox and add another mailbox withing Outlook, or is there a better way to handle this? Add the old SMTP addresses to the managers mailbox. ( changing the existing ones in the fired employee's mailbox first of course) On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:55:33 -0800, "Colin" <spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >We recently fired a sales employee and now I need to ...

can't read emails
When I do send & recieve it look like the mails go somewhere else but inbox, where they go? how can I see them? I know for sure those email where download from my server On Tue, 03 May 2005 07:34:07 -1000, emilio <emilio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I do send & recieve it look like the mails go somewhere else but > inbox, > where they go? how can I see them? I know for sure those email where > download > from my server What version of Outlook are you running and what mode (Corp/Workgroup, Internet Mail Only, etc.) do you have it installed i...

using button to clear contents
I have finally found out how to add a button but now I am haveing a problem on having the button clear contents in certain cells does anyone know how to do this thanks for your help I do not know any codes for this I'll bet you could learn very quickly by using the macro recorder while you select some cells and edit>clear>contents. Here is a sample for a button from the Control Toolbox Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ActiveSheet.Range("certain cells").ClearContents End Sub "certain cells" would be your range of cells. Gord Dibben MS Exc...

Pocket PC will not synch "a program is trying to access email..." warning.
I am trying to synch my PocketPC (Jornada 548 running PPC2000) with Outlook 2003 SP1. I keep getting the "A program is trying to access email messages you have stored in Outlook" message. I am running the latest ActiveSynch 3.7.1. Basically this prevents me from synching remotely or over my network unless I am right there at the PC to let it though. I don't think this should be happenning but I have yet to find a way to disable it or to secure ActiveSynch for access. My wife's Palm Vx using Hotsynch manager 4.0.1 does the same thing but I kind of expected current Microso...

Failure to email from Micriosoft Photo Viewer
When i try to email from microsoft picture viewer it opens the attach file and size alternates it doesn't open Outlook in a new message, Outlook is running after I attach because I can see it in the task manager under processes but not somehow not available. If I open Outlook first it works OK. Outlook is set as my default(obviously as it opens in task manager) Can you help? same thing happens if i try directly from my Pictures Library using "Send To" Do you mean the new msg window doesnt open? (Not outlook itself) "marvingee" <marvingee@discussions.m...

Using icon sets with relative references
I am using Excel 2007 in the Vista OS. I am trying to use conditional formatting with an icon set in a column but Excel will not allow relative references. Example: A1=10 min B1=20 max C1=30 oh D1=a formula { =IF(C1=0,B1,(B1-C1)) } The condtional formatting of D1 would be: if the value showing in D1 is >B1 the cell would show a red 'X', if the value showing in D1 is <A1 the cell would show a green 'check mark', and if the value showing in D1 is between the values in A1 and B1 it would show a yellow 'exclamation point'. I can get the D1 ...

send page by email
user having a problem send a web page as html using outlook 2002 on w2k system... If he is working offline in outlook but wants to send a web page as html, outlook makes the email as a web link and not as an html page .. (long story as to why he wants to work offline in outlook but is still connected to web) .. (when working in outlook as "connected" it works fine) .. why does outlook do this a is the a way to fix it ...

What does Rv: stand for in the subjetc line of an email??
Hi all, can anyone tell me what the Rv: stands for in the subject line of an email??? Fw: forward Re: Return Rv: ??? Marc Re: in some other language? (possibly Spanish) RE and FW are the English versions, other tags used include accept, decline and similar full words but only used for meeting invitations. Any other short tags are Re or FW in different languages. You may also see codes added by email systems for tracking purposes - this would include ADV (advertising) or SPAM. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 f...

Using external email address for AD user
We have certain users that we would like to use an external email address for and give access to resources in the domain. The only solution I have found so far is to create an account they will use for access and then to add a contact so we can send emails and add as a member of DL's. Ideally, I would like to do this without adding 2 separate objects in AD. Is that possible? Hi there, Are you aware that you can create a user and mail-enable them (not mailbox-enable), establishing an external address on the account. It removes the need for both a contact and a user accoun...

Multiple email accounts and inbox folders
I have 3 email accounts set up - one hotmail and two non-web-based accounts. The incoming hotmail messages automatically go into the hotmail inbox; however all email from the other email accounts winds up together in the "Outlook Today - [Personal Folders]" inbox. Is there a way that email received via these other ISP's can be directed to separate folders I specifically set up for them? Thanks in advance. Rick Johnston You have to use a rule to separate out POP accounts. Go with some like "when mail arrives through specified account, move to specified folder". You...

How do you change the way email addresses are displayed? John Doe.
How do you change the way a recipent of an emails name is displayed in an email? I want to only show "John Doe" and not "John Doe (Email):<John Doe@xxx.com>" Displayed where and in what version of Outlook? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "dmoors" <dmoors@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:540E8B6B-2F78-4541-9116-3A79F4A5D52B@microsoft.com... > How do you change the way a recipent of an emails name is displayed in an > email? I want to only show "John Doe" and not "John Doe (Email):<John > Doe@xxx.com>&q...

HOW IS F3 USED WTH EXAMPLE
hi guys reply me soon 1) In A1 type a number such as 12% 2) With A1 still selected, in the Name box (box to left of Formula Bar) type the word taxrate and press Enter. You must press Enter for this to work! 3) Let's confirm that you have named the cell A1: click on cell D1, now click on cell A1. The name box should not display "taxrate". If not, repeat steps 2 4) In A2 type a number like 100 5) In B2 type =A2* and then tap the F3 key. A dialog box opens, select the entry "taxrate" and click the OK key. Another way is to double click the "taxrate" entry....

Predicting new Ys given new Xs using known relationship for X and
Hello. I know people have posted similar questions about using an existing relationship between X and Y to predict new Ys given new Xs but I think mine has a slightly different twist. I would appreciate any help that could be offered. I have 20 data points for both X and Y. Each X point represents the number of workers on a farm for a particular year over a 20-year period. Each Y point represents the amount of crop harvest each year over that same period. The data is from 1901 to 1920. When I plot the points and fit an exponential trend line I get a high R-square of .9 . I would li...

transfer contacts using email
Is it possible to transfer contacts from one machine to another using email? If, yes, what does the receiving person need to do? Many thanks, Frank FJB <FJB0623@aol.com> wrote: > Is it possible to transfer contacts from one machine to another using > email? If, yes, what does the receiving person need to do? Create a new PST (File>Net>Outlook Data File). Now, right-click Contacts and choose Copy. SPecify the new PST as the destination. When the copy completes, right-click the new PST and choose Close. Close Outlook. Rename the PST's file extension to something...

Can't get Publisher to give "send as message" as an email option
We use Windows live Mail which won't work with publisher. So for the purposes of sending out an email I changed the default program to Windows mail But, under the option "send email" only the send as attachment option appears. I have changed the default program in Vista to use windows mail. Help ...

Answer file local admin password
Hi, I am trying to apply a local admin password to all PC's during my ghost roll out. Everthing works from my answer file with the only exception the local admin password is not applied. Here is the current part of my answer file [GuiUnattended] AdminPassword="R0ver" EncryptedAdminPassword=NO ...

Using Dependents
In a particular instance when I am using the dependents search facility, a small symbol like a table or an Excel sheet appears, (the dependent arrow pointing to it). It's as if it is indicating that some other sheet has data dependednt on the cell. But I can't find any other sheet with dependent data. Double-click the arrow to the sheet symbol and Excel will display the dependent cells -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Zembu" <Zembu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:352631A7-0BF4-451D-8781-669C26270BF6@microsoft....

Attemps to send emails that don't exist
Recently Outlook started trying to send 2 emails that don't exist. The outbox is empty, but it continually attempts to send the non-existent emails. Is there a way to fix this? TIA, -Steve- Try File, Work Offline, Delete the "stuck" messages. "Steve Zimmelman" wrote: > Recently Outlook started trying to send 2 emails that don't exist. The > outbox is empty, but it continually attempts to send the non-existent > emails. > > Is there a way to fix this? > > TIA, > -Steve- > > > ...

How would you print a list of all the email addresses?
Exchange 2003 on AD 2003 IBM server. Need to print out a list of all user email addresses. How is this done? Probably select the user container and choose columns from the view menu and pick email address. Then choose export list under the actions menu. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Microsoft Exchange Server http://mvps.org/exchange "aspirin" <aspirin2004@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:040701c47a77$e697a010$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Exchange 2003 on AD 2003 IBM server. Need to print out a > list of all user email addresses. How is this done? Thank y...