limit time for outgoing emails

Hi all,
I`m running exchange 5.5 sp4.
I wanted to know if it possible to control the time that mail can stay in
the outbound of the mail internet connection or the number of time that
exchange retry to send them?
If it possible, what is recomended?

Thank for the help,
 Tom

0
tom1259 (9)

I cant remember the exact location, but you can adjust those values on
the IMS. Poke around, you'll find it.

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 19:47:44 -0400, "Tom" <tom@israelemb.org> wrote:

>Hi all,
>I`m running exchange 5.5 sp4.
>I wanted to know if it possible to control the time that mail can stay in
>the outbound of the mail internet connection or the number of time that
>exchange retry to send them?
>If it possible, what is recomended?
>
>Thank for the help,
> Tom

0
adavid (8731)
6/4/2004 1:42:12 AM
IMS properties\Connections tab\Time-outs button.
Defaults are recommended.

--
Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain.
http://spf.pobox.com

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
6/4/2004 9:25:55 AM
Thank you all,
 Tom

"Kirill S. Palagin" <kpalagin@nomail.phxint.please.ru> wrote in message
> IMS properties\Connections tab\Time-outs button.
> Defaults are recommended.
>
> Tom wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> > I`m running exchange 5.5 sp4.
> > I wanted to know if it possible to control the time that mail can stay
in
> > the outbound of the mail internet connection or the number of time that
> > exchange retry to send them?
> > If it possible, what is recomended?
> >
> > Thank for the help,
> >  Tom
>
> --
> Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain.
> http://spf.pobox.com

0
tom1259 (9)

Email signature won't include pictures
I have created a HTML email signature which incorporates our company logo. However when adding the signature through Mail Format, the logo does not transpose. It appears as a box with a red 'x' in the corner. Can anyone assist please? What version of Outlook are you using? Note: this group does not support Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Lyn <ly...

Font Changes in Emails
All my email settings are set to Arial 10pt black so all emails I create and respond to show the Arial font on screen. However, since the beginning of this year, when I get a response to an email I have sent or forwarded, my original text in the email has converted to Times New Roman. I am working through a network but no-one else has this problem and my network administrator cannot explain why it is happening. Any ideas? Hello Josie, I too have had this happen to me in my own e-mail account form the organisation I work for. It appears that in certain circumstances the sett...

hyperlink creation for email
looks OK when created in Publisher doesn't work when email is copied, pasted and sent when you click on the "click here" button - nothing happens help! What version? How was it created? As documented on my web site some versions have a known issue with dropping a hyperlink if it's in a filled text box, or a border art text box. This can also happen if the page is converted to an image. -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx "Laurie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft....

Delayed email rejections
On certain domains I get a NDR message for certain contacts only. The strange thing is that the message appears to have been successfully delivered. However when we reboot the server, when it comes back up these messages are delivered, possibly days after the original email was sent. Any ideas? The message received is: The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason. Check the address and try again. If it still fails, contact your system administrator. <xxx.xxx.local #4.0.0 smtp;450 <xxx@xxx.com>: Recipient address reje...

Multiple copies of emails #2
I've read some of the other posts on this problem, but nothing I've tried seems to work. Here's the background. I'm using Outlook 2000 (SP-3). I have 3 different email accounts with comcast that I have forwarded to my Outlook. If some sends an email to any one of those account, I end up getting 3 copies of it in my inbox ... all to the same one of my email addresses. I know this isn't a problem with Comcast, because when I look at my messages on their server, there's only one copy of each. So I figure it must have something to do with the Rules ... but w...

Calculating time #3
I know this question has been asked before, but the answers that I have found do not seem to work for me for some reason. I am probably doing something wrong. What I need to do is calculate hours worked for the day. I have set up a spreadsheet to include the following: C3 is the time in D3 is the time out E3 is .5 hours (this is lunch) F3 is the total number hours worked for the day. The formula I have put in this cell is: =HOUR(D3-C3)-E3 [this is exactly how the formula is typed in] Now, if someone put their time in as 7:30 a.m. and their time out at 4:00 p.m. and they take the .5...

Sending email from "Contacts" folder
When I am in my "Contacts" Folder and I try to click the E-Mail option on the menu bar at the top, I get an error message stating "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action." even through I have set up Windows Live Mail as my default email program in the Control Panel Defaults. How can this be corrected? The current version of WLM doesn't use those contacts. It uses contacts stored in edb files located in C:\Users\<yourlogin>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts. The Contacts folder is for Windows Mail compatib...

NDR does not have the recepient's email address
Hello MSFT, We are currently migrating from Lotus notes to Exchnage 2003 SP1. Some migrated users get NDRs when they try to send emails to some users, and these NDRs don't have the recepient's email address, and instead has the recepient's GUID. So the sender doesn't know who didn't get the email. Please see the NDR below -- From: System Administrator Sent: 04 January 2006 13:20 To: /O=TEM/OU=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=9409ea02-aee51458-8025699f-5a6965 Subject: Undeliverable:PS Finance Review - CICG13 Your message did not reach some or all of the ...

limitation on mailbox size even if it is not checked?
Exchange 5.5 - I have a user with a 2 gig mailbox size - he has no limit set on his mailbox. Today, he received an error: message store has reached maximum size. The server is not having any issues - the store is up and not having issues. I've tried to find out what this error means, but nothing comes up in the knowledge base. SO - is there a size limit on a mailbox in 5.5 ? I didn't think so - but. I also created a new profile as this user and did not get the error message - mailbox opened properly. Could it just be a corrupt profile? Nancy Stevens Nstevens@tycoint.co...

Simple Workflow Email Not Working
I am new to workflows, and am trying to learn how to create a workflow that emails someone when "x" is completed. So as a test I created a new work flow... Name: Test1 Description: testing work flow Entity: Account Event: Create I created a simple test, when an account is created, email me: When account is created E-mail To:Steve;Subject:Account {!Account:Account Name;} has been created I created this on the server through the CRM Workflow Manager. Then after I Activate it, I login through my account on my PC and Apply the rule. But when I create a new account, I do not receiv...

Time calculations for Scheduled Time vs. Actual Time Worked
I am trying to make a simple schedule worksheet for a manger to use to calculate the time he schedules an employee to clock in and out and what it will cost him in regards to his allocated budget and then to be able to compare it after the job is completed. BUT time calculations have thrown me for loop and I am stuck for hours on trying to calculate time fields. PLEASE DEAR GOD can someone help me. Below is a simple example of my worksheet. A2 (Time IN) = 1:00 PM A3 (Time OUT) = 5:00 PM A4 (Time Worked) = 4:00 (h:mm format) Formula A3...

Time line in excel graph
I need a vertical line in my graph to show that the graph information after the line is the future predicted outcomes. I've tried countless different options and cant seem to find how to do this! Hi, There are various ways of addressing this problem. See the following for examples of adding lines to charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm Cheers Andy Wilkesy50 wrote: > I need a vertical line in my graph to show that the graph information after > th...

Sending emails #10
Whenever I send an email, I don't have to type but the just the first name and Outlook chooses the correct person or gives me a choice from the GAL. But I used to be able to type in "Home" and it would know that address was in my Contacts list and just send it there no problem. Well, lately it doesn't recognize "Home" or anything else in my Contacts list. I have to tell it where to look and then choose that address. Repeatedly. I switched between computers for a couple weeks or so and moved folders from one to the other and back. Is there one I might hav...

Email Attachments on hard copy printout
Some emails I receive show the attachments as icons or the name of the file surrounded by brackets. The printed hard copies of my emails do not show anywhere the attachments I've included. Is there some way to get the icons or file names on the printed copy of an email? On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 07:37:16 -0700, "valuemgmt@aol.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Some emails I receive show the attachments as icons or the >name of the file surrounded by brackets. > >The printed hard copies of my emails do not show anywhere >the attachments I...

Automatically attach incoming emails to cases
I have an email account which CRM 3 monitors and puts in to a Queue. Where the email is in response to an email sent re a Case within CRM, is there away to get the mail to be attached to the case automatically - sorry if I've not explained clearly you will need a plugin like C360.com to do it tkx "Dyawlak" <dyawlak@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:49DB52E3-694E-4F68-96AC-8209D49DA5D8@microsoft.com... >I have an email account which CRM 3 monitors and puts in to a Queue. Where >the email is in response to an email sent re a Case within CRM, is there >away ...

Is it possible to add background sound to an email in Outlook 2007?
Is it possible to add background sound to an email in Outlook 2007? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-outlook/201005/1 Outlook can't play active content so while you could embed it (using an HTML editor), it won't play. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-S...

2007 Table Linked Charts
I have a dataset with monthly data over several years. I want to chart only the current calendar year's monthly data, and have the chart update automatically as each of the newest month's data is added. One solution is to hide the prior years' monthly data rows in the table which removes them from the chart. This limits other charts that might be linked to the same table where they chart the whole or an earlier date range of the dataset. Linking tables doesn't work since the mirroring tables don't auto update as a new month is entered. Has anyone developed a better sol...

Letter Writing Assistant should let me email the letters.
When sending out letters to Customers etc. it would be much more cost effective if we were able to email the letters in lieu of mailing them. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us...

Email Restriction
Hello, I got a problem on my Outlook 2003. Whenever I try to open a link in my hotmail account, a message always comes up and says 'this operation has been canceled due to restriction in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.' But I can open the link from the hotmail website. It never happened before..just about a week ago this problem showed up.. I am the only one who uses the computer.. Could you help me with this? Thank you. ...

Outlook nonresponding when opening email w attachment
I can open emails unless they have an attachment. If there is an attachment, double clicking or right clicking the email causes Outlook to go into nonresponding mode requiring shutting down Outlook with Task Manager and rebooting. I am using Win XP professional with Office XP 2002. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks Pete. I'am having the same problems, please let me know if you find a solution. Warry. Op Thu, 29 Jan 2004 18:41:23 -0800 schreef "Pete" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>: >I can open emails unless they have an attachment. If >there is a...

Time Format to Text Output
Hi I run Excel 2K I have a series of times that I download from the mainframe. (these are in a date format) EXAMPLE 23/09/2009 6:07:00 AM 22/09/2009 9:22:00 PM 22/09/2009 7:40:00 PM etc etc I am in need of a formula that looks at these times, and based on their values, displays a particular piece of text. (in this case "DAY", "AFT", "NIGHT") Example Any time between the following: 7:20:00 AM to 3:19:00 PM should display the word DAY Any time between the following: 3:20:00 PM to 11:19:00PM should display the word AFT Any time between the following: 1...

Adding a time period selection for cash flow forcast
I'm using Money 2004. When I go to cash flow forcast, there are set time periods to choose from, such as 30 days, 2 paychecks, ect. I would like to add a 6 month selection without having to choose custom and putting in the dates. Is there any way to do this? Thanks, Mike Sorry no. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respon...

Project Time & Expense Entry
We are looking at switching our third party PA to GP PA. We need the use of Business Portal Time and Expense entry. The product looks good however we need the expense entry to write to AP instead of Payroll (using outside service). Anyone experienced this? On my GP 8 system, employee expenses feed AP. In fact, when you go to the employee card and select the option that says "Files employee expense" a vendor record is created with the vendor id equal to the employee id. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Lisa" wrote: > We are looking at switching our third party PA to...

i get text from one email reciepient no pictures, what is wrong?
no pics just text <no pics just text@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> With absolutely no information from you, no one can asnwer. -- Brian Tillman ...

I have lost the use of hyperlinks in emails and get an error
The error says this function has been disabled and I should contact the administrator but I don't have an administrator. This is an issue with IE, not Outlook: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm "TJK" <TJK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41E0BDBC-090B-468D-9790-CAB7428E8808@microsoft.com... > The error says this function has been disabled and I should contact the > administrator but I don't have an administrator. ...