License Warning

I get a license warning box that says "Warning: License usage for a product
licensed in per server mose is nearing the maximum number of licenses
purchased.  Consult the Application event log or Licensing from the
Administrative Tools folder for more information"  I checked the licenses and
we have 25 purchased but it says maxium usage is 31.  What does that mean?
Also, sometimes it says maxium usage is 10.
0
mark564 (750)

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 11:00:02 -0700, "mark"
<mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I get a license warning box that says "Warning: License usage for a product
>licensed in per server mose is nearing the maximum number of licenses
>purchased.  Consult the Application event log or Licensing from the
>Administrative Tools folder for more information"  I checked the licenses and
>we have 25 purchased but it says maxium usage is 31.  What does that mean?
>Also, sometimes it says maxium usage is 10.

It means you forgot to stop and disable that pain in the ass Licence
Logging Service. It's not a necessary service and you should be fine
simply stopping and disabling.
0
mark7219 (5666)
8/4/2005 6:13:50 PM
i can confirm it is a pain in the ass.

Mark Arnold [MVP] wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 11:00:02 -0700, "mark"
> <mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>

>>I get a license warning box that says "Warning: License usage for a product
>>licensed in per server mose is nearing the maximum number of licenses
>>purchased.  Consult the Application event log or Licensing from the
>>Administrative Tools folder for more information"  I checked the licenses and
>>we have 25 purchased but it says maxium usage is 31.  What does that mean?
>>Also, sometimes it says maxium usage is 10.
>

> It means you forgot to stop and disable that pain in the ass Licence
> Logging Service. It's not a necessary service and you should be fine
> simply stopping and disabling.
0
Ericb1 (43)
8/4/2005 6:26:31 PM
Same here..........

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

"EricB" <ERICB@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message
>i can confirm it is a pain in the ass.
>
> Mark Arnold [MVP] wrote:
>> On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 11:00:02 -0700, "mark"
>> <mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>

>>>I get a license warning box that says "Warning: License usage for a
>>>product licensed in per server mose is nearing the maximum number of
>>>licenses purchased.  Consult the Application event log or Licensing from
>>>the Administrative Tools folder for more information"  I checked the
>>>licenses and we have 25 purchased but it says maxium usage is 31.  What
>>>does that mean?  Also, sometimes it says maxium usage is 10.
>>

>> It means you forgot to stop and disable that pain in the ass Licence
>> Logging Service. It's not a necessary service and you should be fine
>> simply stopping and disabling.

0
rasilon1 (689)

Plain text warning/ VS2005
Whenever I add a CRecordset derived class, I get an error telling me the password for the DB is sent in "plain text" and is not secure etc. I comment that line out, but how much of a security risk is this? What can I do with my Access database to avoid this? VC 6.0 never gave this error... tia b If you are on any kind of network that anyone can look at, you are wide open for attack. Example, a University network; potentially, ever student can be running a packet sniffer and see your password. Anything that passes acros the Internet outside your local intranet is also vuln...

script to give a warning if customer is set as NO
hi there, Can anyone help me, very new to CRM. I want to have a yes/no field in the company form and then under "service" form when the company is selected from the list, if no is in the field it prompts to say "This users is not allow...etc" -- Mike ...

Macro warning message #2
I created a macro in my personal.xls which I used on a new spreadsheet. Since creating the new spreadsheet, I deleted the macro in my personal.xls spreadsheet but I am still getting the macro warning message when I open the new spreadsheet. How can I remove the warning this warning message? Hi in your personal.xls you also have to remove the (empty) module -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Heather" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:d2ab01c439c1$343b2820$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I created a macro in my personal.xls which I used ...

New license for Office 2004
My husband and I have been running Office 2004 with the same license on our two computers. I never realized this was a problem until today, when I upgraded mine with SP2 v. 11.3.5. Now it tells me that we can't both use Office at the same time. Here are my three questions: 1. Do I need to purchase a whole new copy of Office 2004 for myself or do I purchase the item I see online called Upgrade Office 2004? 2. Could I get the student/teacher pack and use it for my son's laptop (also running our current license) and my own? 3. Most importantly, how can I install a new copy of Off...

Eliminate the Warning Message on Shop Calendar Changes
Changes to the Shop Calendar can require multiple changes in one session. Having to respond to a message telling you that the change might change the schedule EACH time you click on a date is a major bother. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www....

Office 2004 Install quits after accepting license agreement
Hi. I got Office 2004 Student Edition for my kids, who both have Powerbooks. I installed it on one without any problem. When I try to install it on the other, I can start the installation program, get to where the window pops up where you "Accept" the license agreement, but when I click on "Accept" the window whole installation window disappears and nothing else happens. This is a Powerbook Ti 667MHz, 1Gb memory, about 30Gb free disk space. I've run the Disk Utility to clean up permissions. I also tried the 2nd install method, where you just drag it to the Applicatio...

Turn off warnings but still print them to text file
Hi, Is there a way to turn off the warnings, but still print them to a text file(log)? -Ben "Ben8765" <Ben8765@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6884B5FE-1448-431C-A92A-6F803FA87BF1@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Is there a way to turn off the warnings, but still print them to a text > file(log)? You mean the warnings about "You are about to append/delete n records"? You can't log that information without programming for it specially. If it's information from executing action queries via RunSQL, you can use the...

SQL Licensing Model
Hi, What query can I run in SQL that will return to me information about the SQL licensing model? I want to know if I have CALs or per processer. Seems like I had this written down somewhere, but now I can't find it. I have a client wanting to add more GP users and I want to make sure they have enough SQL users too. Thanks! Leslie, You have a copy of my MSSQL for Consultants....see page 38 For others in the audience, its.... Select Serverproperty('LicenseType'),ServerProperty('NumLicenses") -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Soft...

Bypassing the Security Warning when opening Excel file
I've got an Access application that has to read some data (and perform some manipulation of it) from several Excel files. Unfortunately, when I either import or link the Excel spreadsheets, Access is misinterpreting a field type and I am losing data. Because of this, I am using automation to open Excel and read the records one row at a time, doing the appropriate data type conversions. Unfortunately, I keep getting the annoying macro security warning whenever I open the Excel files. Is there a way to bypass this warning and disable the Excel macros programmatically? Give this...

Saved *.csv file gives SYLK file type warning upon Excel 2003 open
I've created a *.csv file "MyOutput.csv" that has about 2000 rows and 15 columns of text data from an application. When browsing via Windows Explorer to the file off the root of C:\ and double-clicking, I get a message that says: "Excel has detected that the 'MyOutput.csv' is a SYLK file, but cannot load it. Either the file has errorsa or it is not a SYLK file. Click OK to try to openn the file in a different format." Upon clicking on OK, the MyOutput.csv file loads finei into Excel 2003. I just need to re-adjust the column widths. What's causing t...

license question
I know that it is legal to put a copy of Publisher on a desktop computer and a laptop, but someone told me today that they thought it was legal for teachers to have a copy installed on their home computer and also install one at school for their use. Can someone tell me if this is true. If so, how do you go about activating the school installation? This would help me a ton as I am using Pub 2002 at home and Pub 2000 at school and taking a very large booklet file back and forth to work on it both places in different versions is driving me crazy! Thanks. Karen --- Outgoing mail is certifie...

How do you eset license user in Windows 7
How do you change the name of the license user in Windows 7? Peter wrote: > How do you change the name of the license user in Windows 7? People and aesthetics... ;-) http://www.recipester.org/Recipe:Change_the_Registered_Owner_in_Windows_7_37816906 -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 01:46:42 -0500, "Shenan Stanley" <newshelper@gmail.com> wrote: Thank you for the information. Does the name of the registered owner need to be the same as the n...

Code not workin in licensed 1.2 version
I had code that was working perfectly in the MSDN demo version, I have re-registered the proxy dll since having completely uninstalled and reinstalled with the license we purchased... now the code does not work... it is konking out saying System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid. right at this line Dim bizuser As Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.BizUser = New Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.BizUser() any thoughts? thanks b Hi Rob, was you code working on CRM 1.0 or 1.2? Mike "Rob" <fiddler27@att.net> wrote in message news:540e4d0b.0402091425.4af3b225@posting.google.com... > I ...

SMTP Protocol warnings
lateley I have been receiveng a lot of the following events in the application log. Event id: 7002 SMTP Protocol Warning log for virtual server ID1. connection #104 the remote host "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" responded to the SMTP command "rcpt" with 450 4.7.1 <companyserver.domain.com> helo command rejected host not found the full command sent was "rcpt" to: <email@domain.com>. and this one... Event Id: 7010 This is an SMTP Protocol log for virtual server id1 connection #103 The client at "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" sent a "xech50" command and...

Public Folder Limit Warnings
I've recently setup 100mb limits on all our Public Folders. However, I've noticed that the warning message sent out when this limit is breached is only sent to the Owner of the folder. The problem with this for me is that the highest permission I like to grant our users is Publishing Editor...reserving the Owner role for myself. But this means the users aren't getting the limit warning notifications and I'm having to forward them on. Does anyone know a way of sending the limit warnings to the users without giving them Owner permission? On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 00:40:02 -0...

Cash Drawer Warning 913 Message
Hello, Eeverynow and then, when I open the registers first thing in the morning, I get this error: "Warning 913 - the cash drawer is not accessible. It may be locked by another application. Do you wish to continue?". I opened the OPOS program to check the config. Device Name: Multi_AP DeviceDesc: Y Cable Cash Drawer Port A (Parallel TM Printer) Service: PROGRA~1\OPOS\Epson2\SoDrw10.dll Version: 1.5.4 I find something rather odd. Under Commmunication Settings, LPT Port Setting is LPT1 and Port is being used by POSPrinter\TM-99IIIP. So I checked the POSPrinter LPT Port Setting...

Office license in Business Continuity (Commerical customer)
Hi Office Expert, I would like to ask some questions regarding Office. My company has around 500 users and working on a BCP enviroment (Business Continuity). Questions: 1) Given that Office via volumn license has secondary right, do I need to buy another 500 Office licenses for Business Continuity purpose? 2) Does it only apply when the user has a portable notebook; the portal notebook doesn't need another Office license? Thanks! http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/about-licensing/how-volume-licensing-works.aspx -- db·´¯`·...¸><))...

Subject manager in CRM
Hello! Why can we not access the Subject Manager in the CRM Settings when we only have a Sales License? The subject is a required field on Sales Literature articles! Or is it managed somewhere else? You need to be logged in as the user who installed CRM or the CRM admin to access the subject manager. "Yara" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b68c01c437a3$75326390$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hello! > > Why can we not access the Subject Manager in the CRM > Settings when we only have a Sales License? The subject > is a required field o...

How we can remove warning LNK4098
How we can remove this warning . I am getting this warning , everytime when i am compiling LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "mfc42.lib" conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "mfcs42.lib" conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "msvcrt.lib" conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library maybe try the /nodefaultlib switch?? "Jomy K D" <Jomy K D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE515CA0-1E61-4170-92FE...

API License
Hi, I've developped an application in VB6 that uses the Excel API (Microsoft Excel 9.0 Object Library - Excel9.olb) I need to deploy this application on many computers (for many users) of my company who don't own a license for Excel. Is that legal? Or do I have to buy an Excel license per user? Basically my application will have to handle data contained in .xls files, that's why I need the Excel API. Thanks for your answers / links to any Microsoft page concerning the redistribution of Office DLL. (And if that's doable, which DLL would I have to include in my ...

warning message #2
I continually now get the warning "A program is trying to access your email addresses...etc." There is no virus etc. on my computer. How do I turn this off?? Thanks Probably something to do with Palm software if you have any installed. alan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17d2001c449b8$e0b40200$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I continually now get the warning > "A program is trying to access your email addresses...etc." > > There is no virus etc. on my computer. > > How do I turn this off?? > > Thanks You can't ...

license issue
here's an interesting one... on dc, it complain a couple weeks ago that windows server and exchang is out of licences there are 50 and about 95 were being used. i went in and revoked licence of those who don't work here anymore and users that existed under the old NT domain. that brought the licensed users down to about 35. this morning, license service said again it was out of licenses, and all those that were revoked, all had usage again; the last access date being the last day they worked here, or (in the case of users from the old NT domain) were from 2002. how could th...

Want to solve: Warning: Creating a pane with no CDocument
Hello, I have doc-view program (SDI-type). My frame window class creates a CSplitterWnd with two panes. I'm getting the message in the subject when creating the pane views: Warning: Creating a pane with no CDocument. What have I done wrong? I've cut down the implementation of my frame window to: FrameWindow.h: #pragma once #include "stdafx.h" class FrameWindow : public CFrameWnd { public: FrameWindow(); protected: virtual BOOL LoadFrame(UINT, DWORD, CWnd *, CCreateContext *); virtual BOOL OnCreateClient(LPCREATESTRUCT, CCreateContext *); DECLARE_DYNCR...

License #2
Hi anybody know how can I know the which modules need to installed as per the purchase license, because in license it gives detail list but at the time of installaion the list is different. Ma The document you received with the registration keys should list the modules. If you bought Business Ready Licensing, the list should contain one of two standard sets of modules depending on whether you bought Business Essentials or Advanced Management. Also, the parther that sold you the software should be able to tell you as well as help you get logged into Customer Source where you can loo...

MTA warnings 3121
Hi, On our clustered Exchange 2003 environment, I am getting this MTA 3121 warning on 1 of our virtual server every minute in the App log: "A resource limit has been reached when attempting to open an association. Number of associations configured: 501 [XAPI MAIN BASE 73 91] (14) " Has anyone seen this problem? It seems that I can't find any information regarding this MTA 3121 on google.com nor support.microsoft.com. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Julian Did you see this? http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/result.aspx?EvtSrc=MSExchangeMTA&EvtID=3121&...