leave a copy on my isp server

i need to leave a copy of messages on my isp server when download mails in
local exchange server. i am using the pop3 connector to download mails.
0
Atif (7)

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 22:34:05 -0700, Atif
<Atif@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>i need to leave a copy of messages on my isp server when download mails in
>local exchange server. i am using the pop3 connector to download mails.

Use POPCON or POPBeamer which are very cheap, non Microsoft, POP3
Connectors. The once included with SBS is no good beyond very basic
operation.

0
mark7219 (5666)

Copy MP3 From Player to New System
Hello. I want to do a reverse sync from my mp3 player into Windows Media Player. I have a new PC and I want to move my music into it from my mp3 player. What are the steps? After I typed this, I did a search on "reverse sync". Yes. If you have a device that supports copying from the device to the Player Library (sometimes called "reverse sync"), you can copy a file from your device to your computer. If the device recognizes the files as new, and you have an automatic sync relationship, then the files will be automatically copied to your computer. To ...

I can not copy text into a brochure without another textbox opening
Hi all, Every time I try to copy and past into a textbox already created by a publisher template, another textbox is created by defalut to add the text into it. I want to just add the text into the textbox already within the template like you could with Publisher 2000. Thanks, Kelsey Is your cursor inside the textbox when you paste? If you just paste Publisher will create a new text box. If this isn't the answer create a new textbox, paste and delete the original text box. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com &q...

PPP server?
Probably the wrong newsgroup, but I'm used to this one and I hope someone will point me in the right direction ... In the days of NT there used to be a thingy called RAS or RRAS (depending on version) which provided a PPP "server" (yes I know PPP is peer-to-peer and doesn't have a concept of "server"). This could be configured to answer the phone, hand out an IP address to the dial-in client, and then route its traffic through onto the internet. I now have a requirement to do something similar, but the PPP client won't be an external device dialling in, ...

Accessing the companyweb from the server
I am not able to open up the companyweb from the server console logged in as administrator. Why is that and what can I do to correct this problem? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01CAF831.BFAA1080 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/04/17/authentication-issues-acc= essing-companyweb-from-the-server-itself-after-963027.aspx --=20 Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997) Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed http://ww...

OWA HTTP Error 500.13 Server Busy
We've been getting error 500.13 Server Busy on our Exchange Server since Friday night. Nothing changed in our setup (Windows 2003 Exchange 2003). We don't have any restrictions set in IIS to limit the number of connections. I'm not sure what's causing this. Email is working properly from Outlook 2003, we just cannot connect from OWA. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. E ...

SQL Server 2008 Extended Events
I am using SQL Server 2008 Std SP1 on a Windows 2008 std 64-bit server. I am trying to understand and use Extended Events. I have created a session that is to monitor tempdb usage when ever there is a physical page write. I want to capture the query that is causing this action. Below is my session defintion: CREATE EVENT SESSION Monitor_tempdb_usage ON SERVER ADD EVENT sqlserver.physical_page_write ( ACTION (sqlserver.nt_username, sqlserver.sql_text, sqlserver.client_hostname, sqlos.task_time, sqlserver.username, sqlserver.session_id) WHERE sqlserver.database_id ...

Exchange server using Office 2003 and Vista
I'm trying to connect to my corportate email through Outlook 2003 using exchange server. The instructions that were provided to me are for PCs running Windows XP and Outlook 2003. I can't complete the setup because I don't have some of the icons listed in the instructions. I think it is because of my OS. I am running: Windows Vista Home Premium (64 Bit) Office 2003 Professional Is there a way to setup up Office 2003 to connect using exchange server in the Vista Home Premium or is this ANOTHER feature not available? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ...

Project Portfolio Server 2007
Hi. I want to install Project Portfolio Server 2007 on a server Win 2003 R2 + SP1, SQL Server 2005, windows sharepoint (All in standalone box). I got the following error... Event Type: Error Event Source: MsiInstaller Event Category: None Event ID: 10005 Date: 6/17/2007 Time: 4:00:13 AM User: SERVER\Administrator Computer: SERVER Description: Product: Microsoft Office Project Portfolio Server 2007 -- Error 26204. Error -2147217913: failed to execute SQL string, error detail: Se termin=F3 la instrucci=F3n., SQL key: DB_PPSAccountData_Upgrade_12_Integrated SQL string: begin ...

Moving server .. what are the best practice steps?
Hello, I'm a sys admin who for first time will be moving our exchange box from our colocation to our own physical network. So my manager has asked if i have a solution, agenda and plan. I of course dont because I havent done this before and cant answer a few of his questions. Maybe a seasoned sys admin on the list here can help me. Here is a list of what I do have or doing so far. - The IP at our network is already determined and i will execute a change of the MX record a day before the move for propogation reasons. - I will be imaging the box with Acronis True Image w/ Universal Hardw...

OLE Error in Outlook after SQL Server 7 installed
After installing SQL Server 7 (aka 2000) on a users machine, user is getting "OLE registration error. Please run setup." when Word is the email editor. Remove Word as the email editor and it works fine. HELP! (and please don't say reinstall office) ...

copying contact list
I am listed on my computer under two accounts, a user and as administrator. My Windows live mail contact list is under the user account. I am trying to move or copy that contact list to the administrator account. I can already send and receive email under the administrator account, but I cannot see how to copy the contact list over. I appreciate any help. Earl Davis You don't really want to go that route.. If not using the same Live ID in WLM in each account(user and admin)... Export you contacts in the User account to a csv file(click Contacts in WLM, File/Export/Choose...

setting up a secure SMTP server
Hello everyone Just wanted to get an idea what be most secure method for configuring our SMTP gateway server. In our environment all smtp servers are exchange 2003 that are members of a single forest/domain . Currently our SMTP gateway (exchange 2003) is a muti home server with 2 separate nic cards, each have been assigned to separate virtual server for inbound and outbound connections to the internet. We have created two SMTP connectors and under the local bridge head server we added the corresponding virtual server .For example, for connections out to the internet we added the outbo...

Automating copy and paste of subtotals to new sheet
Hi everyone, Have about 240,000 lines of CSV. Column A can have duplicates and is the key. Can import about 65,000 rows at a time into excel, to deal with the maximum # of rows, but if I try to subtotal then it breaks the limit. What I want to accomplish is: All rows are sorted by Column A first. For each set of rows with the same values in column A, sum columns D, E, F, G, H, I, J. Then take the value in column A and the subtotals above, and populate a single row on a new sheet with these values . Then repeat the exercise, starting with the first row that contains a different value in C...

Dynamically Copying Changing Conditional Formatting
Is it possible to dynamically copy the formatting of a 1st cell whose format changes to another 2nd cell. Not just on creation, but anytime the original cell changes formatting either conditionally or manually? (Excel 2003, XP) Thanks! -- sdm ...

Exchange server in new domain
Hi, I am hoping someone can help me. I work at a co. that merged with another and they migrated what they thought were all the mailboxes to the new co. ( new domain) That worked fine but now the old company's exchange server is here and the realized they forgot the public folders as well as some mailboxes. Is there a way to retrieve these mailboxes off the old exchange server and either get them into pst files or import them into their exchange store? Thanks Use Exmerge to extract the mailboxes. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog --------------------...

Unable to Connect to Server
I have just installed Office 2004 Student and teacher edition on Tiger, and I am unable to connect to the server to get any updates or use Entourage. I am connecting to the internet via my universities wireless service and I have set up the proxy settings in the network configure in Systen Preferences and i can browse the web fine using safari. Is there something similar I have to do in office itself? I have configured to HTTP proxy in messenger and that works fine. How do I get it to connect? Thanks for any assistance ...

Copy a checklist to another company
I have done this before in SQL but I can't find the tables. I would like to copy a checklist (Routines > Financial Checklist > General Ledger > Fiscal Year-End) from one company to another. thanks. Hi barbola, I believe the tables you are looking for are: SY02800 End Routines Check Master SY02500 Routines Master SY02700 Routines Template Kind regards, Leslie "barbola" wrote: > I have done this before in SQL but I can't find the tables. > > I would like to copy a checklist (Routines > Financial Checklist > General >...

Exchange server 2003 deleted, HELP!!!
Hi, I started with an Exchange 2003 (Windows 2003 server in an Windows 2003 AD) server in our organisation. Later we added a Exchange 2003 cluster. Everything went just fine until... I first moved all mailboxes from the old server to the cluster and deleted the old server with the Enterprise Manager. I know a very bold and stupid action, expecially if you haven't checked things properly before the action. I forgot to replicate the Public Folders to the new Exchange cluster. Anyway, is there a way to get the old Exchange server back in the Active Directory? SillySys ...

User Copy Security
Hello: Without using Advanced Security, is there a feature within regular security setup where you can copy security settings from one user to another user? The client does not have HR or Manufacturing, so using the Copy/Compare button is not an option. I read in a GP training manual that Great Plains Tech Support has a means of providing a feature called User Copy Security. There is no such Professional Service Tool in the Library. Is this a new product or something that you have to e-mail Professional Services about in order to get? Also, I have a "sub question". On my...

copy and paste #4
i currently use Excel 2003 and have a copy and paste query. i have a spreadsheet called "Orders Wk1" that has tabs for each day of the week and each tab has several column headings i.e Customer 1, Customer 2, Customer 3 etc. I would like a macro that identifies a particular column heading (i.e Customer 2) and then copies the contents of that single column into a separate spreadsheet called "Order Summary"; this needs to be done for each day of the week. The idea is to build up a history of daily orders for Customer 2. Also. each time the macro is activated the data needs ...

automate copying text in Word doc to Access db
I’m having trouble with the following process: Access 2003 Database: WordDocImport.mdb Table: WordDocText Field_A: text field link/hyperlink to a MSWord document: C:\demowordfile.doc - The document contains no fields and is merely text Field_B: memo field currently empty Need to: In a macro automate the process of importing/copying The text in the Word document C:\demowordfile.doc into the Access table WordDocText’s Field_B Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide David Tyler, Toronto, Canada What kind of trouble are you having exactly? "davidtyler&...

Need Help With Copying Relative Formula
ello and thanks in advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction. I am running Excel 2003 on a Windows 2000 machine. I have 2 sheets in one workbook. sheet 1 is data input sheet 2 is summary I want to put this into summary ......A...........................B..........................C 1...='data input'B1........='data input'B2......='data input'B3 2....='data input'E1.......='data input'E2.......='data input'E3 I have about 100 rows each of about 10 columns that I wish to do this with. I know I can do it the long way by hand b...

Weird! Cannot copy & paste Pub to Pub but others, okay
I have a user that cannot copy text from a Publisher document to a Publisher document but can copy and paste from Word to Publisher, the Internet to Publisher, etc. We have tried creating a new text box and placing the cursor there before pasting, tried pasting into an existing text box, tried pasting without a text box. We tried copying from an existing Publisher document into a new Pub doc as well as an existing; also tried copying from a new Pub doc to an existing Pub doc as well as a new one. Other users can do this and this user could until very recently. Does anyone know if an...

selecting and copying visible cells only
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I need help with the following: <br> Selecting, copying and pasting visible cells only > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3346128734_25432005 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 1/12/10 7:27 AM, in article 59bb0b9c.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "DVanBruggen@officeformac.com" <DVanBruggen@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 ...

Increase storage for rules on the Exchange Server
I need to know how to increase the amount of storage allocated to a user for storing their rules. I am getting errors that not all the rules can be activated because the user has run out of said space to store them on the exchange server. Where in exchange can I go to alter this setting. -Ron Merrifield You can't - Exchange 5.5/2000/2003 only supports 32K per folder. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;147298 [Public Info] This will change in Exchange 12. http://www.msexchange.org/ExchangeNews/March-2005-32K-Storage-Limit-E12.html -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT w...