LDIFDE adding multiple email addresses

Can you use ldifde to add multiple email addresses to a single user?
eg. test1@domain.com, test2@domain.com.

0
rsl315 (12)

Sure.

The AD Attribute to use is ProxyAddresses.  If you are just wanting to
modify a single user, LDIFDE is rather a waste of time, though.  It's a bulk
import tool.

You should also be able to use ADModify for something like this.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"rob" <rsl315@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Can you use ldifde to add multiple email addresses to a single user?
> eg. test1@domain.com, test2@domain.com.

0
Ben
1/17/2006 5:20:07 PM
The problem is I need to add 100 email addresses to a single user (they
do testing in our environment).
This gave me the output I was looking for:

ldifde -f proxy -d "CN=Joe Test,OU=Users,OU=EAST,DC=TEST,DC=local" -l
proxyaddresses -r "(proxyaddresses=smtp:*@*)"

After I modified the .ldif file, what syntax would I use to import the
changes back to AD.  Thanks in advanced.

0
rsl315 (12)
1/17/2006 5:31:39 PM
Here's the output file I got:

dn: CN=Joe Test,OU=Users,OU=EAST,DC=test,DC=local
changetype: add
proxyAddresses: smtp:jtest@test.com
proxyAddresses: smtp:jtest@test.local
proxyAddresses: SMTP:joe.test@test.local
proxyAddresses: X400:c=US;a= ;p=TEST;o=Exchange;s=Test;g=Joe;

I need to add the following addresses:
smtp:tester1@test.local
smtp:tester2@test.local
smtp:tester3@test.local
etc....

0
rsl315 (12)
1/17/2006 5:40:50 PM
First, you need to change the Changetype to Modify.

Once you've done that, I'd suspect all you need to do is add line entries
for the additional smtp addresses in the format of:
proxyAddresses: smtp:tester1@test.local
proxyAddresses: smtp:tester2@test.local

etc.

Once you've done that, run ldifde /? to get the specific import usage.

--

> Here's the output file I got:
>
> dn: CN=Joe Test,OU=Users,OU=EAST,DC=test,DC=local
> changetype: add
> proxyAddresses: smtp:jtest@test.com
> proxyAddresses: smtp:jtest@test.local
> proxyAddresses: SMTP:joe.test@test.local
> proxyAddresses: X400:c=US;a= ;p=TEST;o=Exchange;s=Test;g=Joe;
>
> I need to add the following addresses:
> smtp:tester1@test.local
> smtp:tester2@test.local
> smtp:tester3@test.local
> etc....

0
Ben
1/17/2006 6:08:19 PM
I made the changes to the .ldif file.  At the command line I ran:
c:\ldifde -i -f proxy.ldif

It runs and then gives me this error output:

Importing directory from file "proxy.ldif"
There is a syntax error in the input file
Failed on line 4.  The last token starts with 'm'.
0 entries modified successfully.
An error has occurred in the program

dn: CN=Jason Shiffer,OU=Users,OU=TGS Software,DC=MKT10CORP,DC=local
changetype: modify

proxyAddresses: smtp:jtest@test.com
proxyAddresses: smtp:jtest1@test.com
proxyAddresses: SMTP:jtest@test.local
proxyAddresses: smtp:joe@test.com
proxyAddresses: X400:c=US;a= ;p=test;o=Exchange;s=test;g=Joe;

0
rsl315 (12)
1/17/2006 6:25:06 PM

proxyAddresses: smtp:j...@test.com
proxyAddresses: smtp:jte...@test.com
proxyAddresses: SMTP:j...@test.local
Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] wrote:
> First, you need to change the Changetype to Modify.
>
> Once you've done that, I'd suspect all you need to do is add line entries
> for the additional smtp addresses in the format of:
> proxyAddresses: smtp:tester1@test.local
> proxyAddresses: smtp:tester2@test.local
>
> etc.
>
> Once you've done that, run ldifde /? to get the specific import usage.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> Read my blog!
> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>

> "rob" <rsl315@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Here's the output file I got:
> >
> > dn: CN=Joe Test,OU=Users,OU=EAST,DC=test,DC=local
> > changetype: add
> > proxyAddresses: smtp:jtest@test.com
> > proxyAddresses: smtp:jtest@test.local
> > proxyAddresses: SMTP:joe.test@test.local
> > proxyAddresses: X400:c=US;a= ;p=TEST;o=Exchange;s=Test;g=Joe;
> >
> > I need to add the following addresses:
> > smtp:tester1@test.local
> > smtp:tester2@test.local
> > smtp:tester3@test.local
> > etc....

0
rsl315 (12)
1/17/2006 6:28:59 PM
Figured it out.  Apparently you have to terminate the script with a
dash.  Thanks for your help.

0
rsl315 (12)

How to display the Address Book?
When I initially installed Outlook 2002, on the left was displayed the Address Book, just under the Folder List. That was somewhat practical, you could start a message to someone by double-clicking on his name... One day I unfortunately removed it and now I cannot get it back anymore. Does someone know how to display that list, under the Folder List? Thank you! Stefano Gatto Geneva - Switzerland You're thinking of Outlook Express. No version of Outlook has ever had such a view. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Stefano Gatto" <StefanoGatto@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Can I email a publisher document and protect it from editing
If a document is created in Publisher and then emailed outside my network, how can I protect it from people copying or editing it ?? If you send it as a .pub file and the person you're sending it to has Publisher then can edit it, you can't "lock" it. You could send it as a PDF and if the other person has Acrobat 8 Pro they would also have limited editing capabilities...limited. What are you trying to do exactly? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Evelyn" <Evelyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:597040A2-...

Emails not left on server =(
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I got a mac, and put entourage on it. I added my exchange work account as a pop3. Everything seems to be working fine there. Unfortunately, 'leave copy of email on server' was not checked, so all emails were downloaded to my mac, and no longer remain on my outlook on my desktop at the office. Is there any way to undo this, or have the server/laptop restore my email to my outlook on my desktop? On 2010-05-18 11:12:47 -0400, alexfawaz@officeformac.com said: hi, > I got a ...

Print deletes email #2
When I choose Print from the file menu the email I want to print deletes and doesn't print. This only happens when the menu is expanded. I can print from the print icon on the toolbar. Any ideas? Thanks ...

stacked column chart across multiple columns
Hi, This is totally random, but I would like to know if the folowing would be possible: I have scrap and rework data from three assembly lines - A, B and C. Until now, I've been creating stacked column charts seperately one for each line. I would like to create one chart that includes information from all three lines - so for each X axis point, there would be three columns side by side, each of these representing an assembly line. But each of these columns need to be a stacked column containing scrap and rework info. This was only a suggestion by my supervisor, but all the same, I'd...

Failure sending an email from CRM 4.0
Hi everybody, We are using CRM Dynamics 4.0 and we are facing a problem when a workflow tries to send an email, it's kind of weird because yesterday was working properly. I tried to get trough checking the Exchange but the CRM is allowed to send Emails so that is working properly I guess. Also I've restarted the Email Router service and I get the same error. And finally I've changed in the Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.xml file the SchedulingPeriod from 1000 to 30 but nothing happens. I found many errors from the MSCRMEmail source in the Event Viewer and the error descri...

Virtual Card contained emails that I had sent myself.
Hi Can anyone shed some light on this problem. Someone in my company created a virtual card of my details (.vcf file) using my Outlook contact profile allowing people to download it via our web-site. However I discovered (to my horror) that when I went and downloaded it on a friends computer at home, we found that under the 'activities' tab it contained about 20 or so personal emails of mine! The only common link that I can think of that associates these particular emails is that I had previously forwarded them onto my home email address (and some had been recieved from this address...

Can't receive email 12-14-09
I posted this in Microsoft answers as well, sorry if it's a double post - I'm rather lost. I can receive email in Windows mail, on two separate accounts, but can't send from either. I get the same error message for both (separate smtp servers). An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.jmbrowngc.com', Server: 'mail.jmbrowngc.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 too many connections', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67 It has worked fine until this morning. Could it be...

Address Book #23
Hi there, How can I locate my address book? I fomated my system and backed up my email (.pst file) and I still have the whol folder which contained all my data and I was able to restore all my emails perfectly. However, the address book is missing! 'The contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened it may have been moved or deleted' So, I tried to add the address manually from each email, there it shows my previous address that I have. The problem is I don't know where it is and how to get it located. Please help. Brgds, Akef You must provide at l...

adding command to Right-Click menu
How can I add a command (like Freeze panes) to the menu that comes up when you right click in a cell? Also, is there a specific name for that menu? thanks in advance. Hi as starting point some code: Sub Add_Item() Dim New_Entry As Object Set New_Entry = CommandBars("Cell").Controls.Add(Temporary:=True) On Error Resume Next New_Entry.Controls("My message").Delete On Error Goto 0 With New_Entry .Caption = "My message" .OnAction = "Message" End With End Sub Sub Message() MsgBox "Now you code yould start" End ...

Can you send a newsletter email without attachments?
When I send my publisher produced email newsletter, some receipients see all the graphic attachments. Can that be eliminated or hidden? "mwolf" <mwolf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D286764A-DAED-4F20-80E9-67CF01990B5B@microsoft.com... > When I send my publisher produced email newsletter, some receipients see > all > the graphic attachments. Can that be eliminated or hidden? Create a PDF and send that. Then everyone can see what you intended. http://www.primopdf.com and http://www.win2pdf.com both provide a free program. Thanks. However, I d...

Offline Address Book not updating
We have 2 offline address books. The second, non-default one is for people who are only allowed to see those like themselves. They cannot see those in the other GAL. The members of the default GAL can also not see the members of the other GAL. However we had a case where one member needed delegate access (author mode) on someone's calendar. Since they don't show up in same GAL, you can't select the person and then edit their info. So I went to the Offline GAL area in ESM and had both GAL's be a part of the Default OAB. the user then downloaded the new OAB and viola he c...

Where is the "Chart Menu" for adding a trendline to a set of #s?
I asked Help in Excel about adding a trendline to a set of numbers. It said to use the Chart Menu. Where is the Chart Menu? Exceller In America - > I asked Help in Excel about adding a trendline to a set of numbers. It > said to use the Chart Menu. Where is the Chart Menu? < First, use the Chart Wizard (click the icon, or choose Insert | Chart) to create a chart from the set of numbers. Second, use the Chart menu (which appears when a chart is selected) to add a trendline to the chart (by choosing Chart | Add Trendline). - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

Email problem
I am using Publisher 2003 with Outlook 2003 small business edition and when I try to send a publication from Publisher as an e-mail, Publisher freezes. It worked before and now it doesn't. It seems that the problem started after the Trial Version of Office 2007 did not uninstall properly. I am afraid that the demo may be the culprit. Can you send the file as an attachment from Outlook? How to uninstall the 2007 Office system if you cannot uninstall it by using the Add or Remove Programs feature http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/en-us -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ ...

save source code with multiple combobox
Hello, I've 20 combobox in a window. I've mapped ON_CBN_SELCHANGE message on each one, with a method for each one too. But the code is almost the same in each method. I want to know if it's possible to recover the ID of the combobox when I'm receiving the ON_CBN_SELCHANGE message, to make a single method. The aim is something like that : BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(WizardMapRoad, CPropertyPage) ON_CBN_SELCHANGE(IDC_COMBO1, &MyWindow::OnCbnSelchangeCombo) ON_CBN_SELCHANGE(IDC_COMBO2, &MyWindow::OnCbnSelchangeCombo) ON_CBN_SELCHANGE(IDC_COMBO3, &MyWindow::OnCbnSelchange...

Emails to multiple external recipients with a wrong address, sent to all daily
When a user sends to multiple external recipients and uses one incorrect email address, the message is then resent to ALL recipients daily. The only temporary fix is to freeze the connector in the queues and restart the SMTP server. The Exchange server has two routing groups, one being a "No Internet Mail" group. The Exchange server is 2003 SP1. Any ideas? Thanks, Lachlan. That is not supposed to happen, so I will start by wondering if it has anything to do with your routing group architecture. Will you please describe how you have this configured? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange...

Adding text to a cell
I have one column of numbers and need to take those numbers from one column and have another cell copy those numbers to another cell and add some text to it. Example: A1 = 123456 need to have cell B1 take the number in A1 and look like this B1 = 'Tag Number' = "123456" OR I've done this before with adding regular text but seem to be having a problem now with adding the quotation marks, excel wants to think those are part of the fomula. Thanks for any help. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View a...

Email Templates used in Workflow
I would like to send an "internal" email to a set of users that have been assigned to a Work Queue when a case gets assigned to the queue. I have created a template that I pull into my workflow, but when the email gets sent, it is going not only to the individuals that I am specifying on the workflow, but to the "Account" the case is related to. I do not want to send the email to the Account, only to "internal" persons responsible for working the case. I am using a template so that I can dynamically pull in information about the case. Can I control wh...

email disappears from inbox after replying
We are using Outlook 2002 in a network domain with microsoft exchange server. One of our computers just started doing this in the last couple of days. After receiving an email in the inbox, when you reply to that email, the email disappears and can be found in deleted folder. We checked the options tab and can't find anything that might have changed. The guy using the computer is very computer literate and isn't sure what he might have done to change a setting that would have done this, any idea where to start hazmatlatta@msn.com <hazmatlatta@msn.com> wrote: > We are using ...

Adding numbers to a column with a macro
I get a datafeed emailed each day. When it comes i have to edit the last column in this case colunm "D" and "E" to include the number "2" next to every row, I manually copy and drag down this every day. The problem i have is every day it come with different rows numbers , some days its over 1000 rows next day it can be 400 is there anyway i can put a Macro formula in place so i don't have to manaully do this every single day. Paul ...

Destination Address Changed
Hi, I am trying to send an email to address@abc.com, I am getting an NDR saying The following message to <address@xyx.com> was undeliverable. The reason for the problem: 5.1.1 - Bad destination email address 'ldap reject' Please note that in the NDR the mail address domain has changed from abc to xyz. I have used nslookup to check the mail server for domain abc.com and the mail server is servername.xyz.com. But I don’t understand why sending to a server with different domain name will change the destination mail address or produce an NDR. Please help me solve this puzz...

Saving email message from outlook to a folder for use later
How do I save the numerousl email's that I have store in folders in OUTLOOK? I want to replace my hard drive and reloAd WINDOWS. Look here for all the information you need on backup and restoration of Outlook data: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:242101c3e144$e5c3dc70$a301280a@phx.gbl, Loui Bean wrote: > How do I save the numerousl email's that I have store in > folders in OUTLOOK? >...

x400 address was deleted from all recipients address's
Yes I know, You can't do that they say, and they are right. But do you think that stopped this moron? Nope! How do you add x.400 to a recipeint correctly? What should I look for to make sure it is configured properly? right now, our facility can not send / reeceive external smtp mail, nor can we send mail to internal address's. You may mock the stupidity, it is warranted. your assistance is greatly appreciatted. Thanks in advance. Exchange 5.5? if so, you should be able to see what your default X.400 address was in the Site Addressing object... "Jeff" <jeffreybet...

stock name spelling corrections & adding stock symbols
I've been manually entering new transactions. I entered "Easyman" Kodak with the symbol EK. How do I change the spelling of the stock name to "Eastman"? I tryed "Edit" - changed the spelling - then when I enter the "EK' symbol, a message says, "that symbol is already in use, enter a different symbol." Also, how do I enter a stock symbols for stocks that I've already entered. Thanks for your help! Pam In microsoft.public.money, Pam wrote: >Pam You posted this question twice. >-----Original Message----- >I...

Only one address to send/receive??
Hi, My company is divided into 4 departaments with 3-4 users per departament. I only want to have one e-mail address per departament to receive and send emails outside my office. - To receive there is no problem because I have created a Distribution Group for each departament and all email messages are distributed to all users of each departament. THE PROBLEM IS: - How can I send messages to external addresses by default using the e-mail address of the Departament instead of the address of each user??? If it is possible. Thanks in advance. Hi, have a look on: http://www.lucatec.d...