Large emails

Hi

At the moment our emails are routed through a seperate server that has
software installed on it that allows us to queue up large attachments and
send them out of office hours.  I have E2K SP3, I am going to migrate to
E2K3 shortly and was hoping and wondering that E2K3 had this functionality
built into it.

Thanks

Bob

0
bob7676 (5)

You can simply create an smtp connector and specify that. Not required to
route through another server.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"bob smythe" <bob@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> At the moment our emails are routed through a seperate server that has
> software installed on it that allows us to queue up large attachments and
> send them out of office hours.  I have E2K SP3, I am going to migrate to
> E2K3 shortly and was hoping and wondering that E2K3 had this functionality
> built into it.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob

0
bharat3597 (1006)
9/19/2005 2:17:36 PM
Hi Bharat

We currently have a seperate nt server (no exchange on it) that is used for
mail relay thats holds all large emails and sends them after hours, or if
it's urgent we can release the large email and send it straight away.

We are looking at mimesweeper, but it has a lot of features that we dont
require, and is obviously quite expensive.

Can exchange 2003 hold large emails, then forward them on at a later time
when I specify.  Normally the email just bounces back as failed.

Thanks again

Bob

"Bharat Suneja" <bharat@nospam.org> wrote in message
> You can simply create an smtp connector and specify that. Not required to
> route through another server.
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> --------------------------------
>

> "bob smythe" <bob@aol.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> At the moment our emails are routed through a seperate server that has
>> software installed on it that allows us to queue up large attachments and
>> send them out of office hours.  I have E2K SP3, I am going to migrate to
>> E2K3 shortly and was hoping and wondering that E2K3 had this
>> functionality built into it.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Bob

0
bob7676 (5)
9/19/2005 3:22:50 PM
He answered your question, Bob.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

> Hi Bharat
>
> We currently have a seperate nt server (no exchange on it) that is used
> for mail relay thats holds all large emails and sends them after hours, or
> if it's urgent we can release the large email and send it straight away.
>
> We are looking at mimesweeper, but it has a lot of features that we dont
> require, and is obviously quite expensive.
>
> Can exchange 2003 hold large emails, then forward them on at a later time
> when I specify.  Normally the email just bounces back as failed.
>
> Thanks again
>
> Bob
>

> "Bharat Suneja" <bharat@nospam.org> wrote in message
>> You can simply create an smtp connector and specify that. Not required to
>> route through another server.
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MCSE, MCT
>> --------------------------------
>>

>> "bob smythe" <bob@aol.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> At the moment our emails are routed through a seperate server that has
>>> software installed on it that allows us to queue up large attachments
>>> and send them out of office hours.  I have E2K SP3, I am going to
>>> migrate to E2K3 shortly and was hoping and wondering that E2K3 had this
>>> functionality built into it.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Bob

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Quick Campaign email attachments
Can you add a file attachment using the quick campaign eamil wiz. I was on the way to the forum to ask the same question. I would like to expand on the question. If it is not possible with a quick campaign, how about a full campaign? What about doing it programatically if we can't do it through a wizard. "Johnstonejim" wrote: > Can you add a file attachment using the quick campaign eamil wiz. Any updates on this? I have looked at TrueCare Newsletter add-on but this seems like it should be something we can do via CRM. All I really want to do is send out mass e-mail...

Backing Up Outlook Express Emails
Does anyone know how to back up email's in Outlook Express? Backup your dbx-files For more assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Cindy" <anonymous@discussion...

Cannot move emails between folders

Two profiles sharing one email account/pst?
I have a laptop, Win XP Pro & Office XP, that I use at work logging in as user/domain. At home I log in as user/laptop. The first time I used it at home & tried to check mail (mail was originally set up at work), it went through the motions to set up a new email account. Surely, I can share the same mail account or pst between profiles, but how? Thanks find the pst from work on your computer - if windows explorer, tools, options, view hidden files and folders is not set to show hidden files and folders, change it and then browse to C:\Documents and Settings\work_username\Local Setti...

Cannot Delete Phone Call / Emails in CRM 4.0
We upgraded to CRM 4.0 from 3.0 and have had very few issues apart from bringing some customisations through. The only issue that is still outstanding is that a couple of phone calls and emails for each user is coming up with this error:- "The requested record was not found or you do do not have sufficient permissions to view it." What we would like to do is physically delete these records as they are no longer needed as this is not happening on any new entries. Any help or pointers on this would be great, thanks in advance ...

Collection Management email
Hi, We just add a new collection management module into GP 8.0. It works as expected, but when we are trying to send both the collection letter and the invoice, the system send 2 seperate email to the customer. 1 is the collection letter and the other one is the invoice. Is there a way to make it send only 1 email (collection letter in the body and invoice as attachment)? Since it's completely unreasonable to send 2 emails for the same purpose and I'm sure a system like GP is able to accomplish this. Thank you in advance for your help. ...

custom address list for EXTERNAL email addresses
I know it is possible to create a custom address list in Exchange 2003 for internal use but how about for external email addresses outside of a company? Is this possible?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Create contacts for each of the external mail addresses and add them to the distribution list. If add a valid internet email address to the distribution list external people can also send to it. Glen "Steven Peters" <Steven Peters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBF2F2AE-ABF4-491C-836C-59611375F9F1@microsoft.com... > I know it is pos...

Obsolete email addresses
We have exchange server 2000 We are still receiving emails for users who have left the organisation (accounts now deleted) usually from automated subscription services. Is it possible to automatically block or delete these messages, before they reach the postmaster undeliverable account, without using any third party software. Thanks, Andy Sure is. Here's how: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/07/black_holes_not.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Andy H @ cfb" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

URGENT HELP NEEDED! Need to restore email account
A friend of mine has just deleted her primary email account (listed as Microsoft Exchange Server) from her Outlook 2003 (she's running Win 2000) as she has just got a new internet provider but on doing that all her inbox, address book etc has disappeared. She desperately needs to recover it as soon as possible .. can it be done and if so how? Would really appreciate any help as she has urgent messages which need to be sent The mail and contacts would still be on the Exchange Server. She can use = the Tools | E-mail Accounts command to add the Exchange account back to = Outlook.=20 ...

How to send a HTML email using MAPI or CDO
I have found examples of code emailing using MAPI and/or CDO. Apparently, CDO through smtp.yahoo.com doesn't allow to send multiple emails at once. I loose the connection after sending 12 emails. Any ideas on that? Also, if someone can let me know how can I send a html email using mapi (MAPI32.DLL) not oe.dll library. Thank you is advance, V. -- Desktop Solutions for Small Companies http://www.micromango.com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200706/1 you should be using Access Data Projects and server-side email.. xp_sendmail ...

How do i set Outlook to receive/send email via wanadoo
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "Wendy" <Wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D969EE0-8D22-482B-901D-8F17FFBFA96E@microsoft.com... | ...

I want to send to junk
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C8141A.629164A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am a member of a club with several thousand members. I want to be able to automatically junk all incoming mail that does = *not* contain one of many key words. =20 When a member sends an email they will be required to insert their = chapter name in the subject line. Our spam filter does not eliminate = all junk mail. =20 ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C8141A.629164A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset=...

Junk "Microsoft" emails - Possible Partial Solution
Like a lot of people on these forums, I've been bombarded with virused / junk email from "Microsoft" , "MS" etc. I can telnet to my www provider and use Pine set up a rule to delete all emails where the sender is "Microsoft", and this would help a lot. The problem is the "Deleting" is not the same in Pine as "Expunging", so, in the end, my Outlook winds up downloading the Deleted messages. The tech support there does not have an answer for this one. Is there a way in Pine to set up a rule to "Expunge" rather than "Delete&...

%system%\temp\gthrsvc folder is too large
I have recently configured full-text indexing on my Exchange 2003 Server, which runs at 5pm. The log files are all being generated in \exchsrvr\exchangeserver_servername\gatherlogs and \projects, which appears fine. However, every day large files (>2 MB) are generated in the c:\%system%\temp\gthrsvc folder. They are .eml, .tmp, .xls, .pdf, .ppt, .doc, .txt and .zip files (80% of them are .eml). Today they are more than 3GB altogether. All the files were created yesterday from 5pm to 6pm (full-text indexing is running that time). Why are these files being generated, why are they...

Attaching several old emails to one contact simultaneously
I would like to take several historical e-mails in a sub folder and attach to a CRM contact in order to delete e-mails in sub folder (clean). Can this be done in groups vs. 1 e-mail at a time? Hi, There is the article about tracking old mails and i am not sure if it is going to attach to a specific contact if the specific contact was not the sender .Have you got these mail from "One contact" ? well check it out . http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2007/04/17/bulk-tracking-old-e-mails.aspx /Aamir Hi, Nope, You need to do it one by one. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No but...

Outlook 2003 & Rule To Foward Email
Hello gang. We just moved over to Outlook 2003/Exchange Server 2003 a few months ago. I am having a problem of a simple rule that just forwards an email that I receive in my inbox to a webmail account - hotmail or yahoo. I have tried various rule adaptations and I have even put these addresses in my safe senders/safe recepiants junk mail list. We are running outlook in cached mode. Any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks. Ask your Exchange admin if they have replies and forwards to the Internet turned off - it is by default in Exchange 2003. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ...

CRM 3.0 Email Attachments
I understand the attachments are stored in the DB iteself. I am able to find out which table and fields. I see attachment NAME, MIME TYPE, MIMEID but unable to locate which column in the MSCRM.ActivityMimeAttachment table the content is stored ? Please advice. I am trying to download the attachment from the CRM Database into a folder as a file for a given activityid. ...

Crashed HD and i need to retrieve my Oulook Express 6 emails. Where are they?
My hard drive crashed and would not boot into windows. I installed a new hard disk and put my old hard disk in as a secondary but I cannot find my emails. As I am using Outlook Express 6 this does not seem to create a .PST file. Any idears where my Emails are so I can restore them. I have tryed importing from my new Outlook Express installation but it does not find any. Outlook works with pst-files Outlook Express works with dbx-files Make sure you includen hidden files when searching for the files. Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family o...

Email to generate case
Hi, we've recently implemented CRM in out organization, we are a small IT support company, and as such we recieve support queries by email. I have set up CRM so that it puts inbound email in our support queue as email activities, is there any way to get CRM to automatically convert these email activities into new cases? Many thanks, Dan. c360 has an add-on that will do this (www.c360.com). -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Dan Baird" wrote: > Hi, we've recently implemented CRM in out organization, we are a small IT > support company, and as suc...

I cannot send email
Hi, I am a pretty savvy email user (used to be Exchange Server admin). I've been using Windows mail since end of May without any problems. I switched my ISP in the begining of July and NO problem either. However, since last week. I cannot send email out. Every time, Windows Mail asks my username and passowrd to login my "incoming server" instead of outgoing server. The version of my Windows Mail is vista.rtm.61101-2205. Please help! Thanks! Michael An When you get that repeated prompt for username and password, click Cancel, which should then produce a...

recovering emails
Hi, Recently a system admin deleted an account on an SBS2003 server by accident. Fortunatly, they did not delete the mailbox. So, I exMerged the mailbox into a test user, but whilst the emails show in the "Sent" Items, they do not show in the "Inbox". How can I recover the inbox? There are 7 items in there (15 in sent box, 7 in Inbox, 22 in all) - Exchange System Manager can see 22 items in existance. -- Andel On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 01:54:02 -0700, Andel <Andel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Recently a system admin deleted an account on an ...