Large distribution lists

Hi all,

Is there a way to have a distribution list send a message to each user
individually instead of having all the emails stuffed into the "To" field?
We are a federation and we send emails to our members regularly via a
distribution group and there are a lot of bounces saying:

#5.6.0 smtp;552 5.6.0 Headers too large (32768 max)>

I tried splitting the distribution list by regions, but some regions still
contain too many email addresses.  Do I have to look at a third-party
application just to do that?

TIA for any suggestions/ideas!

0
ecaron (6)

Mail merge in Word.

"Eric Caron" <ecaron@nospam.quebecaffaires.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to have a distribution list send a message to each user
> individually instead of having all the emails stuffed into the "To" field?
> We are a federation and we send emails to our members regularly via a
> distribution group and there are a lot of bounces saying:
>
> #5.6.0 smtp;552 5.6.0 Headers too large (32768 max)>
>
> I tried splitting the distribution list by regions, but some regions still
> contain too many email addresses.  Do I have to look at a third-party
> application just to do that?
>
> TIA for any suggestions/ideas!

0
nick5968 (262)

Re: ADC ... and Distribution Groups/PF's
Just in case is not clear, I'm looking for the DL's and PF info from Exchange 5.5 When will both of this info populate in AD. I've completed ADC all the way to Step 4 verification and not problems. "Jan K. van Dalen" <remove.this.vandj@windmilltechnology.com.remove.this> wrote in message news:... > Hi Everyone, > > Ok, I'm done with Step 4 and I'm a bit confused. > > Now I see the Exchange related info on the users. > > I don't see any Distribution Groups nor Public Folder information in AD. > When would I start seeing them...

Filter data by multiple drop down lists
I have a worksheet with the following columns: Item name, Item type, Item size + some other columns On the second worksheet I have the same columns in diferent order (Item type, Item size, Item name) but at every column I need drop down lists. I use data validation to produce the list for the items in the 'Item type' & 'Item size' columns. For the 'Item name' column I need a drop down, which is list, filtered by the previous two columns. Like first I select 'Item type' then 'Item size' and in the drop down list in clomun 'Item name' should a...

How do i identify missing numbers in a sequential list
I have a large list of serial numbers like (1AW15648). I need to identify numbers that are missing. Thanks, Chet Sheetz PS I am using Excel 2003 Chet, For a list starting in cell A1, you could use something like =IF((VALUE(RIGHT(A2,5))-1)=VALUE(RIGHT(A1,5)),"","Skipped") copied down to match your list of SORTED serial numbers. This assumes that your numbers of interest are the 5 right-most digits. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Chet-a-roo" <Chet-a-roo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:814E82E9-5405-45EB-88CC-9316AF4F3495@microsoft.com...

Distribution Lists #3
I am creating distribution groups in Active Directory, but these do not show up in the Exchange Address Lists - even when left overnight. How do I get these to show in the address lists? Dave Francis <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am creating distribution groups in Active Directory, but these do not show up in the Exchange Address Lists - even when left overnight. > >How do I get these to show in the address lists? A Distribution Group doesn't automatically get mail-enabled. Did you mail-enable the DG? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange...

How to delete and copy large number of messages in a PF
My goal is to replace the contents of a public folder containing 8,000 contacts while leaving the folder in place. Given Outlook's limitation on dealing huge amounts of messages (8,000 or so) I am looking for an alternative. So far, after few day's research, MDBVU32 seems the only answer, but it's undocumented features are far from friendly to use. I managed to perform a block deletion on a test folder, however can't seem to figure out block copying of items from one folder to another. Perhaps I am using the wrong tool and there is a third party that can do this ? Any ideas ? ...

ACL Listing for a Distribution List
I have a Distribution List in Exchange 5.5 and 2003 and I have no idea what it's for, although I think it's for permissions to a public folder, but I'm not sure what folder. I know there's a way I can list the ACL for a folder; is there any way that I can get a list of the public folders to which a mailbox or distribution list has access so I can trouble shoot a problem members of that list are having? Thanks! ...

Picking from a list
I am trying to find a solution for the following problem. I have a list - let's say Account 210 5012 3022 210 5012 2121 Now in a completely different column I need a formula that will look at the list pull the first non-blank number. Then the next cell down needs to be the second non-blank number, but it must not match what is in the cell above it. My output should look like 210 5012 3022 2121 Any help would be appreciated - this is driving me wacko.... Suggest you use Data >> Filter >> Advanced Filter. Action = copy to another location (specify where in "copy to&qu...

Reading a Mailing List
Hi, i'm an Outlook daily user and also a Mailing List subscriber, i subscribed a lot of them. I found that in other mail reader programs there is the possibility to see the email in a tree mode (as does Outlook Express for News Groups). Do someone of you knows if there is a good plug-in for outlook to achieve this behaviour ? Thank Claudio OL2003's grouping by 'conversation' seems to work pretty well for mailing lists. "Claudio Rosati" <web@claudiorosati.info> wrote in message news:ktCqe.1510$bc.65@tornado.fastwebnet.it... > Hi, > i'm an ...

Filter a mailing list
I've created mailing list for use in Publisher document, but have divided my 2000 names into categories for easier mailings...."Mailing List 1", "Mailing List 2" etc. When I am trying to sort or filter my list for mailings I can't find anything resembling my "categories" field and am therefore unable to filter the list for my mailing. What program are you using for the list(s)? What version of Publisher? Are you trying to use the entire 2000 entries in one merge? Help here Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/C...

data entry with drop down lists
I would like to creat a drop down list where user can select specified text, however, I would also like the user to type other entries. I don't necessarily want to completly restirct data imput, but I want to make easier for user. I've created an error message that explains to the user how to add their entry to the list, but I'd like to make easier where they can either select from drop down list or enter their own entry. Thanks Cyrus In the process of setting up the Data Validation in that cell, there is a tab labeled "Error Alert". Click on that tab. You...

Outlook 2002 Inbox failed to display email list
Outlook 2002 failed to display email list in the inbox, "Can't display information in inbox folder.". But it is workable for other folder like " deleted mail". ...

Send as distribution group
Hi, i've some distribution groups and i want some users send email using "From:" field in outlook and setting this distribution group as sender. I assign rights in the group (with Advenced features in AD users and computers), giving the "Send AS" right to my users, but when they try to send they get an error : they not have enough rights to send. What can i do? Thanks Salva. Can take 2 hours for the setting to take affect. James Chong salva.gomez@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > i've some distribution groups and i want some users send email using > "Fro...

How to sync a 'distribution list' group into an iPhone?
I just bought an iPhone and it won't sync my distribution list groups? It will sync individual contacts but not the 'groups'! Any help would be appreciated. thanks Rober Not an Outlook issue. Ask Apple. -- Russ Valentine "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80456E4B-3019-4633-B888-A2C77542F741@microsoft.com... >I just bought an iPhone and it won't sync my distribution list groups? It > will sync individual contacts but not the 'groups'! Any help would be > appreciated. > thanks > Rober R...

Outlook address book = contact list issues
A user was upgraded from 2000 to 2002 (outlook only)when he tries to send an email to a user in his address book instead of the user email going to the to box a "." goes instead. I have removed his oab and recreated it, closed and opened outlook still doesn't work. All the information for the contacts is there it is when you choose one instead of the email address populating the "to" box a "." appears instead. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Distributing custom themes?
Apologies if this has been answered, but I cannot find it anywhere in the group. I need to make a custom theme for my business unit. That's fine, I've figured out how to do it, but now I don't know how to actually distribute it. It was easy with POT files, but this theme business has me utterly confused. How would I go about distributing a custom theme throughout my business unit? Any assistance or direction would be greatly appreciated. I think http://www.elijournals.com/premier/showArticle.asp?aid=26655 will help explain. Basically, you'd distribute the t...

Recently used file list. It is set for 9, but the list seems to be cleared
I followed the Help instructions. Tools/Options/General to set the length of the displayed list. I found that it was already set to 9 entries. However, in the File pulldown, the list is not displayed. I created a dummy test XLS, and indeed it is in the list, but nothing previously created. What might be clearing this list? Don't know if applies to Office 2007 but here's one guess........ For Office 2002 and 2003............ Are you running TweakUI? If so, you may have disabled the MRU lists by unchecking "maintain document history list" under the TweakUI Expl...

ReHOME distribution list with ADSIEDIT
We had 5 organization in our exchange environnement. Half server are 2003 others are 5.5 They were connected with ADC and replicated. 3 of theses sites are gone and dead. They were removed from ADC Some DL are still under dead administrative group. I have changed the legadyExchangeDN and textEncodedORAddress to point the the actual orgs I replicated ADC. The Dl was created in 5.5 GAL i was able to add user, mail the list, and whatever. Is it really dangerous, is that an unofficial way, can i bust something, i runned DCdiag and everything passed successfully. Thanks a lot. Philippe D...

What happen to mail in a Globel distribution Group?
Hi all, I got a Globel Distribution Group account in Active Directory Users and computers. There are five users as the member of the group. The group has assigned an email address, customer_service@abc.com. I tried to send mail from a external source to this mail address. but it got bounce back as it can't find the destination. However, other addresses are fine. my questions are, how can i check mail for the group? are the member of the group able to check the mail? can a distribution group receive mail? Cheers Roy T wrote: > Hi all, > > I got a Globel Distribution Gr...

Limiting "save as" options in drop down list?
Hi, Is there a way to limit the "save as" options when saving an email, so that the only option on the drop down menu is .msg? I presume that one could still save the email as something other than .msg by simply typing in the file extension in the file name. Thanks, S No. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "willem" <stephenjacob@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:3114ecab.0504070715.460f607e@posting.google.co...

How to remove the LegacyExchangeDN attribute shown in Contacts drop down list
When trying to select a user from the frequently accessed user list,which automatically comes on typing some characters of the user ,the name and the userinfo shown in <> are different.like Mandal S N <KLMukerjee> whereas ideally it should be Mandal S N <snmadal> Is there a way to modify this info and also somehow to include the emailaddress instead of this ExchangeDN. regards, Sudeep Hi Sudeep, Kaisa hai? Kya haal hain aaj kal..? Dint see for long time.. :)) Bye "Sudeep" <sudeepbatra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uQ8j0pnOFHA....

Importing Contacts into Distribution List in Exchange Outlook 2003
I have a set of contacts in CSV format which I would like to import into Exchange 2003 as a Distribution List. I tried the Import function of Outlook with the destination my Distribution List; instead the contacts are imported into a Contacts folder but not to a Distribution List. Is there some other way? No. You can only import into a Contacts Folder. You cannot import directly to a DL. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Richard Kaplan" <richardkaplan3@gmail.com> wrote in message news:3e831dd3-2120-4c00-a7d7-2327e3280974@c4g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >I have a set of c...

Code to expand/collapse combo box drop-down list
Does anyone know code to automatically expand a combo box list when the control receives the focus and collapses it when the focus is lost? Thanks In the Enter event, or GotFocus event use: Me.ComboBoxName.Dropdown When you exit the combo box control the list will retract. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Graham Walker" <walgra@dodo.com.au> wrote in message news:465c37cf$0$90645$c30e37c6@lon-reader.news.telstra.net... > Does anyone know code to automatically expand a combo box list when the >...

how2: show contact name and phone fields in task list
It would be useful if I could display contact name and phone number fields in my task list. In Simple View I've used Field Chooser to insert these columns into the table .. but alas! the fields are blank. Can I do what I want to do and .. how? thanks Any folder view shows only the data in that folder, even though Outlook lets you think otherwise by allowing you to add fields from different types of items in the folder. You may be able to accomplish what you want, however, with a little custom VBA code. For an example, see http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=566 -- Su...

Possible to send publication doc to email for forwarding to list?
I want to send a publication document to several people via Email. Is this possible? I use Microsoft Publisher and MSN for email. If you send it as a Publisher document your recipients must have Publisher to open the document. Your best solution would be to send it as a PDF. There are free PDF converters http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=free+pdf+converter&btnG=Google+Search -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bloom" <Bloom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E0F5411-47B3-4597-9...

how do i find out what is uncommon in column list A1: A10 and B1:. #2
i want to compare data in list 1 in column A with list 2 in column B and make a column C which shows data which is not in A A B C apple apple cat cat ball rubber ball dog rubber dog Try the following... C1, copied down: =INDEX($A$1:$A$5,SMALL(IF(COUNTIF($B$1:$B$3,$A$1:$A$5)=0,ROW($A$1:$A$5)-R OW($A$1)+1),ROWS($C$1:$C1))) ....confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER. Hope this helps! In article <DC89B66F-07D9-4262-801D-92ACB053C4B5@microsoft.com>, "ykas" <ykas@discussions.micr...