keeping users out

Is there a way to keep end users from trying to access their email while I
am working on the server? Basically I need the whole box up and running like
it should with the exception of everyone trying to access their accounts.
This is exchange2k

Thanks
Vince

0
Vince (257)

I don't know if this works in Exchange 2000, but there is this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/146764/en-us

why do you want users to not be able to connect?

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Vince" <Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Is there a way to keep end users from trying to access their email while I
> am working on the server? Basically I need the whole box up and running
like
> it should with the exception of everyone trying to access their accounts.
> This is exchange2k
>
> Thanks
> Vince

0
sconkey (3059)
4/4/2006 4:01:04 PM
i need to do updates, defrag the local drive, etc... and my user base is not
what you would call understanding, if it is at all possible for them to get
in they will make a huge fuss that "it was working a minute ago" and I just
really don't want to answer phone calls all day about why it was working then
not then working again. And since i work for a small local gov, they dont let
me work after hours unless it is an emergency.

thanks for the reply - Vince
0
Vince (257)
4/4/2006 4:27:01 PM
On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 09:01:04 -0700, "Susan"
<sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote:

>I don't know if this works in Exchange 2000, but there is this article:
>
>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/146764/en-us
>
>why do you want users to not be able to connect?

Or maybe:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288894
"How to disable MAPI client access to an Exchange Server 2003 computer
or to an Exchange 2000 Server computer"

though it is limited to mapi clients.

0
adavid (8731)
4/4/2006 4:40:16 PM
I think the MAPI block is the way to go, but I followed the instructions in
the KB and restarted the store, yet everyone can still login.

Any thought?

Thanks
0
Vince (257)

Last user login?
Hello, is there a way to get the last login from a CRM online user? For offline-users I foudn a way to look into the synchronisation information, but I'am missing th eonline users. Hope someone can help. I'm fairly sure nothing is stored in the CRM database; for general user activity you're probably better parsing the IIS logs. The following tool is useful for that: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/tools/logparser/default.mspx -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk Blog: http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ "Michael Roe...

Why does the source on Page Setup keep changing from 'sheet' to '.
Have been trying to print a 4 page folded brochure on 11 x 17 paper. After setting both the Page Setup and the Print Properties to the proper settings, then attempt to print. Sometime during the loading to the printer the settings are changed from 'sheet' to 'CD/DVD' in the Source on the Page setup or the paper is changed to 8 1/2 x 11. Have checked with Epson and they have clarified that it's not a printer problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Open the printer folder in the control panel, right-click your printer, click printing preferences, be cert...

Deleted user confused with active user w/same last name
There was a user in our org that is now deleted from the system that has the same last name as an active user still in the system. When someone tries to invite the active user to a meeting they are getting an email error back stating that the deleted user cannot be found in Exchange. The deleted user is not being selected in Outlook for the meeting but for some reason Outlook is trying to invite the wrong user to the meeting. I can't figure out why this is happening, does anyone have any suggestions what I can look for to correct this? Thanks. On 23 Jan 2006 18:25:39 -0800, tdunnusa@...

Users folders disappeared
I am running Exchange 2000 and a user (winxp with office 2000) had a large amount of folders under the inbox and now they are all gone. In the Exchange System Manager it still shows the user has about 100 megs of items in their mailbox but only 8 megs are showing on the properties on the users inbox. Other users folders are showing up fine it is just this one users folders that disappeared. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.... In the OWA it is doing the same thing for that user also. Is deleted item retention enabled? If not you will need to get the backup out. Was Mailbox M...

RE: POP3 Account keeps wrong information
Hello, I have a question: A user is force to retype Server Properties information every time he opens Outlook 2000. I deleted his account property twice. Restarted the computer but it goes back to the same info: SERVERS [TAB] My incoming mail server is a POP3 Server, Incoming mail [POP3]: Localhost (incorrect info it should be: mail.acme.com) Outgoing mail [SMTP]: mail.acme.com Incoming Mail Server Account Name: neo@matrix.com/mail.acme.com (incorrect info - mail.acme.com should be deleted) Password: *********** I am not using any kind of roaming profiles. The profiles are stored locall...

FrontEnd OWA for special users #3
Hi, That article for some configuration in Exchange, and I couldn't make it work following these steps(how new virtual server link to real using exchange?). And My ISA no in the Domain. Could anybody show me the detail? Thanks Jeffrey >>Hi, >>I just want a special users group can through ISA connect to our Front end >>OWA over Internet. Other people only check email on BackEnd OWA in >>Intranet.So, disable OWA won't work. for Exchange 2003, how can setup this >>way. >>Thanks. >>Jeffrey >> > > > Should be able to that with ISA ...

Assign/transfer ownership to different user
When users leave the organisation I wish to be able to transfer ownership from that ex employee to a current employee. I can do this task one at a time but that is laborious. Is there a way of assigning all cases or all accounts etc. in a single go? Or just assign everything from one user to another? Thanks open up the users CRM user record then clicck actions - reassign records to reassign that users records to another user. Once done disable that user to release their license. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "know3thi...

Muliple Exchange OMA User Accounts from One SmartPhone
I wish to be able to access multiple user accounts (all on the same Exchange 2003 server) from a single smartphone running Windows Mobile 5.0. After setting up OMA on Exchange and the smartphone and visiting https://FQDN/oma all works well after entering the username and password for one account, but then the smartphone remembers the login (presumably via a cookie) for future visits to the same URL. There seems to be no easy way to delete the cookie on the smartphone, so all subsequent accesses to OMA go straight through to the same user account. One way I have considered tackling this is to ...

Export List of Users & E-Mail Addresses
I need to be able to export to a text file of some sort - a list of all e-mail name and their default e-mail address - any easy ideas? It you're using 5.5 - do a Directory Export. If 200x - you can use LDIFDE (more info on LDIFDE at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;237677) with a custom ldap query - I alwasy cheat on the query part by creating a temp Recipient Policy, use the Find dialog box to generate the query and then paste it into the ldifde command. HTH -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Tra...

Inserting text based on a user response
Hello, I've had a look at User Forms and articles on toggle buttons, but I'm feeling a bit lost. I don't have any experience with Visual Basic at all. Is there a way to insert sentences into a document based on a user's response to a prompt, for example? I'm building a letter template where the text in the letter will change depending on certain circumstances, e.g. whether a contract has already been extended once or this is the first time it's being extended. If this is not the first time, then there's an extra paragraph to be included in the letter...

Money 2004 Deluxe and multiple network users
Is MS Money 2005 now "network aware"? In other words, can I set up a money file so that two users can access it across a home network without worrying about whether or not the other user is already in the file, thus causing corruption? I did a quick test which would suggest yes, but I want to triple check. Here's what I did: 1. Copied my money file to a safe location 2. Opened it on one computer (A) 3. Walked to another computer (B), opened it there as well 4. Opened A to Home page. 5. Opened B to Home page, then went to downloaded statements and accepted some transaction. 6. O...

User defined Serialization for LINQ to SQL generated classes
Hello there, is there a way to override predefined Serializer for LINQ to SQL class objects? MSLinqToSQLGenerator generates classes for accessing Database. I want to create a Webservice which should be able to do certain Operation on Database and should serialize certain objects. Serializer will try to serialize all object Properties/fields. I need to prevent certain fields to be included in serialization because of exceptions caused by cyclic depencies within. Example: There is a Table "Customers" in Database. LINQ To SQL Generator will generate class "Customer" like ...

List User Accounts on the Local Computer
What I am trying to do here is write a file preferably in batch or vbs that lists all of the user accounts on the computer I need this to add to a program I'm working on that will allow only one of those user accounts to be entered and no others will be accepted. So can anyone assist me? -- Nemraiku ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Nemraiku's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/155784.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1272405.htm http://forums.techarena.in Nemraiku <Nemraiku....

Visual studio cannot recognize my web user control
I have been bugged by this problem for a while. I googled and it seems this isn't a common problem, because I cannot find any helpful discussion or article about this. I have a Website Project (that is, not a Web Application Project, not sure if this is relevant). I created some user controls under folder UserControls, for example, MyUserControl. I can dynamically load MyUserControl with no problem, in other words, it compiles ok, runs fine, but VS 2010 intellisense doesn't recognize it, and if I click on "MyUserControl" in my C# code, VS hints to Generate a cl...

Can you Mail-Enable/Disable Users by OU?
I was wondering if there was a way to mail-enable/disable users by OU or group in Exchange 2000? I have one 2000 domain with 800 or so users, but I only want 100 of them to have mailboxes. I know when you install Exchange it asks you which users you want to mail-enable. But I was wondering if there was a way to maintain this after the fact, say by saying everyone in a particular OU has a mailbox. Also, are there any security measure that I should take with regards to securing the Exchange server to the ~700 users who don't have mailboxes and should have any access to the Exchange serve...

Keep Column Information Together--Possible? #2
I have information in three columns. The column headings are Proj #, Proj Name & Proj Desc. I have created a userform that I would like for the information from these three columns to automatically fill in. I know that I can link each column to another worksheet or workbook, however, I would like to know if it is possible for the the proj #, proj name & proj desc to stay together for each respective project. What I mean is there are 8 projects each with a proj #, proj name and proj desc. If I select Proj #4 from the drop down box, is there a way for me to also get the proj ...

User form #2
Hi All: Would it be better to use code with a msg box to enter data into a range of cells or would a UserForm be better? Is it possible to use a UserForm to place data in only a range of cells? If that can be done can it place the data in the selected cell within that range? Mike Rogers You mean inputbox? If you have lots of data to retrieve all at once, a userform seems better to me. If it's just one per row, maybe inputbox would suffice. Debra Dalgleish has some getstarted notes at: http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html Mike Rogers wrote: > > Hi All: > > Woul...

Looking for Dynamics CRM users in N.C
Hi, I am looking for someone who uses Dynamics CRM in N.C. My Company is looking at this software to replace one we are using now. Would love to see it being used in a working environment. Thanks Mark Feel free to contact us to discuss your CRM needs ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "madkins" <madkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3255FD5D-B440-4EDF-BDF3-74A34A2FB096@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I am looking for someone who uses Dynamics CRM in N.C. My Company is > looking > at this...

The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid 06-20-07
I've seen a few other posts about this, but the situations seem to be different and the underlying issue doesn't seem to be found. Anyway. I have a few users that are disabled. I want to enable them. When I enable them I get the normal pop-up that says something to the effect of "If you continue you will enable this user". I click OK and then the lovely error message web page comes up and gives me the error, "The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid". I've been able to enable other users, it just seems that a few other users are not enabl...

Restricted Reports appear in user Report List
In GP 9.0 I restricted access to reports for a user. Although those restricted report/option combinations did not appear in that users Report List, The Report name with options <new> did appear in the list. The user was able to go to the options page and pull down previously created (and restricted) options. The report would not print, but the options were available for view. Our suggestion would be that a report should not be in the report list if they can't print the report. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the sugge...

Get drive letter for old slave hard drive while keeping data
Hello, My master hard disk has failed and I have successfully replaced it with a new one and reinstalled windows XP etc. Before the crash I had a second slave drive with some data I would like to keep on it. When I connect this drive, it shows up in disk management, but does not get assigned a drive letter. How can I get windows to assign a drive letter to the drive without formatting it and losing all of my data? Both drives are IDE drives, the master is jumpered to cable select and is on the master cable, the slave seems to have lost its jumper, or never had one, but sh...

Disable fields according to User
Hi We have a picklist that we would like to disable and only allow two users within our organization to edit. I have researched this briefly and I assume that the following bit of Jscript would work. if (loggedInUser != {21234232131243} && {131431413414} then crmForm.all.new_textfield.disabled = true; I am correct in saying this. I will test the Jscript shortly however I would like to ask if anyone has attempted anything similar, possibly notices anything wrong with the script I am about to test or is aware of the fact that for some reason the script I may use is unsupported. ...

Users Modifying Own Address & Telephone Details
Hi, We're running Exchange 2003 in a 2003 Active Directory. I'd like our users to be able to update & modify their account properties so when other users select their name from the address book, they will also be able to see details such as phone number, address etc. However when the users open address book, select their name then right click & select properties, all the fields are greyed out. I've tried giving the user write permissons on their AD account, but this doesn't work. Also in AD I've filled in the City field of the address tab for a user, but thi...

Does GP keeps customer history records??
Hi: I've been asked to generate a report in which shows when did a customer passed from cash to credit, the specific date. So far all i could found was the modified date of the customer, but it's a general modification. Any help is appreciated Regards Luis Luis, There is nothing 'out of the box' in GP that will keep a record of changes made to master records, which is what it sounds like you're looking for. There is a separately sold module called Audit Trails that will let you set up this kind of tracking or you could create your own trigger on the customer mas...

logged users
My server went down while I was trying my UPS with another server. Two users were logged and when I started everything I was not able to "unlog" them. I even deleted the users in Enterprise Manager but now in the log in screen in GP I always have the two users connected. If I try to delete the users from GP it tells me that I can't because they are currently connected when they are not. Any suggestions?? -- Eddy I went to the User Activity windows and drop the users from that window. Solved!! -- Eddy "Eddy Chang" wrote: > My server went down while I ...