Keep user passwords

Hi!

We've just finished installing a new Exchange server and connecting it to a
separate DC. We used to have everything on the same server but we'd like to
be able to scale our solution better in the future - therefore the new
setup. Users are primarily connecting to Exchange by means of RPC over HTTP
from clients that are not part of our AD.
The old setup allowed users to save passwords if they configured their
clients to use NTLM authentication and followed the directions in this
article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820281.
This worked both for RPC over HTTP and directly via RPC on our internal
network. Now Outlook users are always prompted for user name and password.
The "Remember my password" check box is available but it doesn't do its job.

If anyone can help with this problem it'll be highly appreciated.

Morten

Do you check your RCP Virtual directory to allow NTLM authenticate?
"Morten" <morten_skovgaard@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> We've just finished installing a new Exchange server and connecting it to
> a separate DC. We used to have everything on the same server but we'd like
> to be able to scale our solution better in the future - therefore the new
> setup. Users are primarily connecting to Exchange by means of RPC over
> HTTP from clients that are not part of our AD.
> The old setup allowed users to save passwords if they configured their
> clients to use NTLM authentication and followed the directions in this
> article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820281.
> This worked both for RPC over HTTP and directly via RPC on our internal
> network. Now Outlook users are always prompted for user name and password.
> The "Remember my password" check box is available but it doesn't do its
> job.
>
> If anyone can help with this problem it'll be highly appreciated.
>
> Morten

0
jammylo (214)
9/14/2005 9:25:19 AM
Hi!

Thanks for your suggestion. The RPC directory is set up to allow NTLM
authentication.

Morten

"Jammyù�ٴ�" <jammylo@ms4.hinet.net.NOSPAM> wrote in message
> Do you check your RCP Virtual directory to allow NTLM authenticate?
> "Morten" <morten_skovgaard@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi!
>>
>> We've just finished installing a new Exchange server and connecting it to
>> a separate DC. We used to have everything on the same server but we'd
>> like to be able to scale our solution better in the future - therefore
>> the new setup. Users are primarily connecting to Exchange by means of RPC
>> over HTTP from clients that are not part of our AD.
>> The old setup allowed users to save passwords if they configured their
>> clients to use NTLM authentication and followed the directions in this
>> article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820281.
>> This worked both for RPC over HTTP and directly via RPC on our internal
>> network. Now Outlook users are always prompted for user name and
>> password. The "Remember my password" check box is available but it
>> doesn't do its job.
>>
>> If anyone can help with this problem it'll be highly appreciated.
>>
>> Morten

Error when adding new user to CRM
Hello all, I need to add 5 new users into CRM. When I complete the first form for the user information such as Last name, First name, email address, etc, then click the save button I receive an error page and the following message is logged in the Application log. MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: The statement has been terminated. Error Message: The statement has been terminated. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not avail...

SBS Exchange 2003: Create new user in AD but no exchange mailbox #3
I'm using SBS 2003. Exchange server is SP2. When I create a new user using Active Directory, it prompts me about creating a mail box. It says it's creating a mailbox, then it's done. But no mailbox appears. In fact, if I use the Exchange tasks wizard, I can create, delete, and recreate the mailbox--all say successful without an error message. And yet, no mailbox. This is even after I reboot the PC and sent email to the address. Any ideas what's going on? mike.aes@gmail.com wrote: > I'm using SBS 2003. Exchange server is SP2. > > When I create a new user ...

Lookup Function in user form
I have a combo box (cboitem1) and a text box (txtprice1). I am using the code below to have txtprice1 fill with the corresponding price the worksheet: Private Sub Cboitem1_Change() If cboItem1 <> "" Then txtprice1.Value = Excel.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(cboItem1.Value, Sheets("Pizzas").Range("A1:B65536"), 2, False) End If End Sub It works perfectly when you enter an existing value in cboitem1. However if 'the user' accidently types a letter that is not the first letter of one of the existing items VB debugging pops up with error &qu...

Excel user information
I am interested in learning about who uses Excel and how they use it. For example, what percentage of users have had formal training; how many use VLookup, or how many build models from scratch. Does anyone know of a source for such information? Thanks. Steve Powell No idea where you would get official stats, if indeed they even exist (Which i doubt), but happy to give you my personal guess:- Formal Training - Less than 1% Use VLOOKUP - Less than 10% Build Models - Depends on definition of what a model is. A couple of cells of data with a formula could be construed as a model, so I...

Could Microsoft create a MSPOS user manual?
My customers are asking for one. Guess we were spoiled by RMS Store Operations having one available after Microsoft updated the SMS Commerce manuals. Makes me expect one for MSPOS even though most software no longer has printed manuals. -- Jeff Faul Merchants Solutions ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and t...

Money 2000 Windows XP SP2 Password problems
Hi. * I have reformatted my hard drive (On a Compaq Table TC1000) & reinstalled Windows XP Pro Tablet. * I have then installed the Windows XP SP2. I then restored my backups, which included my mny data file from Money 2000. * I then (amongst other software installs) installed Money from the original CD. * When I tried to start Money, it asks for the password as usual BUT it doesn't accept the usual password. * I have checked that it is the right file, checked Caps Lock, typed carefully several times - to no avail. * Are you aware of any problems with Money 2000 & SP2? I...

Keeping Custom Properties When Forwarding or Replying to a Message #2
We have emails saved on the file system, that is kept track of by another program. These emails have custom properties attached to them. There is no custom form, just custom properties. These fields were originally added using objPost.UserProperties.Add. We need it so that when someone opens up one of these emails through the file system, and then replies or fowards the message, these custom properties are kept in the reply. This is so the external program can track these emails. Is there a way this can be done? We could have these emails opened up using an Outlook command line that i...

keeping messages in inbox
I've been using Outlook for about a month to pull in my emails from a different mail services I have - AOL and SBC/Yahoo. The problem I'm having is that while my messages are coming in from AOL correctly (or they seem to be), Outlook only retains them for a week or so then they disappear. It does not happen with the SBC mail (which is the first/default mail account). I've looked everywhere for something to adjust the length of time messages stay in the Inbox folder for the AOL messages, but no success. Anyone with ideas that might help would be greatly appreciated, be...

HELP! Outlook Keeps Receiving Same E-Mail Messages
Hello: I keep getting the same 6 e-mail messages. This is after calling Norton and Comcast re receiving the same 3 e-mail messages (538 of them since midnight Dec 3!). Of course, it was not their problem, so it must be Outlook. Any thoughts. It sounds like you have an email message with a large attachment that is bogging down your account. What happens with the email is once you have connected to your ISP and clicked on the send/receive button if the connection is lost it will start over again until it can pull all of your messages in 1 sweep. You will need to log on to your accou...

How do i keep the colors applied to the specific rows when sortin.
I have applied specific colors to specifc rows, but when i sort the colored rows follow the sorting format. ...

very simple and useful, email password recovery tool
Outlook Password Recovery is a easy-to-use and wide compatiable tool, capable of instantly recovering email passwords for popular email clients, such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Incredimail, Eudora, etc. http://www.top-password.com/outlook-password-recovery.html -- johneou johneou wrote: > Outlook Password Recovery is a easy-to-use and wide compatiable tool, > capable of instantly recovering email passwords for popular email > clients, such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Incredimail, > Eudora, etc. > > http://www.top-password.com/outlook-pa...

user name and password not being retained in WindowsMail
I have Vista 32bit sp2, IE8 and WindowsMail. I had this problem on my XP/Outlook Express machine and found an answer, but can't find one for WindowsMail. Please note that I have had this set-up for several months and never incurred this problem. Even earlier today everything was working fine. It looks as if I can send messages, but when I click on send/receive button to receive messages I get a screen asking for my username and password. I have it set to remember in 'tools' 'accounts', but it isn't remembering it. Does anyone have a suggestion on how...

RMS User Question/Problem
Hello, I Downloaded and installed Microsoft Dynamics RMS, but when I first run it (for the first time) it asks me user ID and password, but have not yet established one, and is the first time I run the program! (Or is it comes with some standard user / default?) User ID: 1 Password: password Robert Armstrong RMS Systems Inc. "F.Misle" <F.Misle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B29A28E5-315C-4A1A-9490-A497651736A0@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I Downloaded and installed Microsoft Dynamics RMS, but when I first run it > (for the first...

Outlook keeps deleting emails
subject says it all... about a week ago, i noticed that a week's worth of email had been deleted from my inbox, but all of the emails in the subfolders were all there. after resetting my views on the delete folder, i was able to see all of my missing emails and recover them all. then it happened again - several days worth of emails just go to the delete folder. it has happened several times now, and everytime the emails end up in the delete folder. some emails have been read, others were still unread. we are using exchange 2003 for our email server and my computer is ...

User Template crashes Outlook2007
When I select a distribution template from "User Templates in File System" Outlook crashes, sends error amessage, and reloads Outlook. Can't weem to find the problem. ...

Anyway to keep bad messages
Hello, Once in a while messages fail on our Exchange 2007 transport servers and they never get delivered. I know an NDR should be sent to the sender. However, we are being asked for a way to figure out a way to keep them (as *.bad, *.eml or wahtever format) for a period of time. I am aware of the post Exchange 2003 SP1 changes made to the bad mail folder but I am wondering if there is a way, which I doubt, to accomlish this on Exchange 2007 transport servers. The error we get in the logs and the messages go to a balckhole somewhere: 554 5.6.0 STOREDRV.Deliver; Corrupt m...

Adding User Name to footer
I have spreadsheets that go out to a number of users, and they make various changes and print out for themselves. The problems is that no-one knows which version to pick up from a central printer. Can I add the user name to the footer. I also have the path and file in the same area. I would like to end up with : User Name printed 'path/file' on 'date' ...

Transferring users from 1.2 to 3.0 upgrade
I am trying to upgrade a 25-user 1.2 installation to a 10-user 3.0 setup. Only 7 of the 25 licenses are being used. When I run the setup, I receive the following message: There are not enough Microsoft CRM 3.0 licenses to include all the users from Microsoft CRM 1.2 in the upgrade. Please add enough licenses to cover all the active users or deactivate some users to match the number of licenses. As I said there are only seven active users, so there shouldn't be a problem. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this problem? Thanks. Berk; I've never seen the error, but p...

e2k3 sp2: Unknown user name or bad password error
We have an exchange cluster with two nodes that runs exchange 2003 SP2 on windows 2003 Sp1 ent. For security reasons recently I had to change the password for the account under which I installed exchange - the account is exchservice. Since then I get few of the following messages in the security log on the server - any idea how can I stop this? Event Type: Failure Audit Event Source: Security Event Category: Logon/Logoff Event ID: 529 Date: 09/10/2006 Time: 10:30:00 User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: EMILYA Description: Logon Failure: Reason: Unknown user name or bad password Us...

Delivery failures to my users
This might be too broad of a question, but one of my users occasionaly will not get emails from the outside world. I've checked the Event Viewer, modified the Diagnostic Logging Levels, but can't find a reason why she's not getting some emails. Below is what her sender got back when attempting to email her. I obviously changed some information to protect the innocent! Our enviornment is: 1 Exchange 2003 Enterprise Front End Server 1 Exchange 2003 Enterprise Back End Server (ispriv and ispub on here) 1 Exchange 5.5 Enterprise We are in the middle of moving mailboxes frmo 5.5 to 2...

add public folder calendar to multiple user accounts favorite calendar list. 06-22-10
hey all, i need to add a public folder calendar to multiple user accounts "favorites" calendar list (shows as other calendars) in outlook 2007. i know, from outlook, you can right click and add to favorite to add it to an individual user's "other calendars" but i need to do this for a group of people. is there any way in exchange, gpo, or something to do this automatically based on group membership, etc.? thanks in advance. shrpshtr ...

How to keep data fields an graphs together when sharing presentati
When I create a graphic chart in PowerPoint and then send it for comments to other parties thru e-mail, they can't edit the data fields. PowerPoint gives the error that can't find the data. How can I keep the worksheets attached presentation slides? And... how can I fix the problem on slides already made? In article <D13996A0-BF28-4E70-8A4A-BEB9E06F0F02@microsoft.com>, Margie wrote: > When I create a graphic chart in PowerPoint and then send it for comments to > other parties thru e-mail, they can't edit the data fields. PowerPoint gives > the error t...

create 2 user in 1 outlook
1. how can i create or add a user in the same outlook mail? 2. how can i create the folder in inbox for the different user in the same mic outlook? 3. can i use the same mic outlook for my mail, means that i just share the mic. off. your regards, k3chikz What version and mode of Outlook are you using? You will need to create either Outlook Profiles or Windows Profiles depending on the answer. Post this information and someone can help you out. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the arc...

Mailbox Rights For New Users
I have an issue with my Server2003 Enterprise/Exchange 2003 Enterprise combo. Basically, when the server was first installed, as I added each user and mailbox, the mailbox rights for the user were correctly setup by the system automatically. However now, all I get in the mailbox rights box is "SELF". I assume I must have done something for this to start but I can't work out what. I've looked on the net and can't find any answer so I'm hoping someone here can help before I kick the server down the back stairs. On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:25:52 +1100, Tsunami Australia &l...

PASSWORD TO OPEN A WORKBOOK
HI, I RECENTLY PASSWORD PROTECTED A WORKBOOK IN WHICH A USER HAS TO ENTER A PASSWORD TO EVEN OPEN IT. HOWEVER, I FORGOT THE PASSWORD. IS THERE ANY WAY AROUND THIS? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS JERET SAUER Jeret, Here is a post of resources by Norman Harker: http://www.google.com/groups?threadm=OukvFyJ5CHA.1860%40TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & 2000 ** remove news from my email addres...