KB 824282 update causes IS to fail

Has anyone had problems using the update from KB 824282?  I teach an Exchange class and consistently find that this update causes the IS and MTA services to no longer run.  This is an eval copy of Exchange, however all other patches to the server and to Exchange have been applied.

The error reports a problem with REAPI.DLL.

Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

MFC updates and enhancements
I think that it will be *very interesting* for the people who read and post on this newsgroup to know that MFC is still very live and well, and the Visual C++ Team is doing great things for MFC and native C++. Please go and read the VC++ Team's blog for news: http://blogs.msdn.com/vcblog/ For example: <cite> In this video Pat Brenner, a developer on the Visual C++ libraries team, talks about the functionality of the new MFC update. This significantly enhanced version of MFC will enable developers to create applications with the "look and feel" of Microsoft Office,...

Outlook won't store my Yahoo password, so mail checking fails?
I have just started using Outlook 2000, and followed the steps to add my Yahoo mail account. When I click send/receive I am prompted to enter my password (despite saving the password in the account settings) and sending fails after a timeout. I am able to receive mail however? Please help Jonwalker67 <Jonwalker67@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just started using Outlook 2000, and followed the steps to add > my Yahoo mail account. Is this a paid Yahoo! account? Yahoo.com cannot be used with Outlook unless it's a paid Yahoo! account. -- Brian Tillman Hi ...

Chart problems
Charts set up in excel, then I copy and paste as links into Powerpoint. Then when I right click and "update links" the graph in powerpoint goes absolutely massive and takes up the whole slide......i then have to delete it. This is causing me big problems and nobody seems to know how to fix it here ! As a consequence i am having to copy and paste the chart in as a picture each time....every month......30 odd graphs......its mind numbing !! I just want to be able to update links ...

Update Rollup 6
Hi group, I already apply the UR 6 in my CRM 4.0, but I can�t see in customization area the Customize Mobile Express menu. I can access from my device, but the data is empty. Any ideas? regards, ...

cannot update accounts
I have two seperate money files (one for my accounts, one for family accounts) - one is working perfectly as always, the second will not update any account. The family accounts are at the same institutions as my own accounts. I have tried every suggestion I could find. Can someone please suggest something... I use Money 2007 Deluxe on XP Pro SP2 In microsoft.public.money, GHM wrote: >I have two seperate money files (one for my accounts, one for family >accounts) - one is working perfectly as always, the second will not update >any account. The family accounts are at the sa...

M2005 after update vs Q2005
Hello, users comparing Quicken 2005 and Money 2005, has your opinion hanged after the Money 2005 update? I'm still on the fence between the two. Thanks Frank I haven't noticed any remarkable changes. The Money software seems incredibly hard to use, Quicken is so user friendly. Just don't like quicken's new policy. You can no longer download from Presidential Bank into Quicken 2005 because Presidential Bank is not supported because they refuse to pay the fee. The fee would mean lower interest rates to me. So I can buy Quicken once and then keep buying it with my...

auto update excel files
I have an excel file with 5 worksheets.1 of the worksheet is a raw data and another one is a master.What I am required to do is that when I add a new data(row),it should be automatically updated at the master. And it should also be able to auto sort the new data and the respective columns.Is it possible? I have been on it for weeks and I need the solution asap.Help will be much appreciated. Should be pretty simple with a worksheet_change event If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sh...

Updating PST file to 2007 Format
Hi all, I'm running Outlook 2007 and looking at my PST file that's been coming forward since Office 2000 it shows that the PST file is a 97-2002 mode file. Is there any way to upgrade the PST file to the latest format? And maybe more to the point is there any advantage to doing so? Everything seems to work fine, other than the slowness of the file (it's about 130megs) and I'm hoping moving up to the latest format might help performance? +++ Rick --- File->New->Outlook Data File->Personal folders file. This will be in = the new unicode format that allows st...

Converter failed to save file
I've recently installed Office 2007 Enterprise package and can no longer read pdf files either directly from a web site or in an email from another PC. There seem to be several references to this issue on Google but no-one seems to have a definitive answer. Can anyone help please? -- A. T. Hen Do you get an error message? If so, what does it say *exactly*? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Attila the Hen" <AttilatheHen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A...

Edit workflow rule fails with 'The root element is missing'
Editing rule as usual and I get the above error. New rule fails as well. I am simply trying to add a condition over a field that is a lookup field on the form and I have never had trouble before. Only thing I can think of is that the entity name in the CRM was changed from the original but that was many months ago. CRM 3.0 Any ideas? ...

Unmountable Boot Volume AND Session3 Initialization Failed
I'm running a Lenovo laptop with PGP Encryption Windows XP SP3 SATA hard drive. This is my work laptop I've had since October 2008 without issue. I'm somewhat of a low-level techie working permanently from home and my company's IT Dept is 2000 miles away. But these following errors/BSODs escapes me. Two days ago, the system stalled and I elected to hard reboot the system. When it came back up, I logged into PGP login screen as usual and received the 'Safe Mode' screen options. I clicked 'Start Windows Normally' option, the Windows Logo boot screen ...

12.0.1 Update
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel Hi there I am trying to install the 12.0.1 update and i get this message: "you cannot install Microsoft Office for 2008 for Mac 12.0.1 on this volume" Any ideas why this is happening? "danson@officeformac.com" wrote: > I am trying to install the 12.0.1 update and i get this message: > > "you cannot install Microsoft Office for 2008 for Mac 12.0.1 on this volume" > > Any ideas why this is happening? See if Spotlight can find the "Setup Assistant". Next try to ap...

Windows Embedded CE 6.0 - Intel 82551ER
Hello. I am trying to use Windows Embedded CE 6.0 on Advantech PCM-3375 board (x86 platform). I haven't found BSP for this combination from Advantech. However, I have found BSP for the processor used on this board (VIA Mark). [http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/viamark_v3.322_for_ce60.zip] Using this BSP I am able to boot into Windows CE GUI (using boot CD and local nk.bin). The problem I need to solve, is getting Network Driver to work with this BSP. Advantech PCM-3375 board uses Intel 82551ER ethernet chip which is different from the one used in VIA's BSP. I was able t...

CreateProcess fails in windows service
I'm creating a windows service using visual studio .Net. I have a server program that handles some network messages. I want to create a service that runs this server program when the computer starts. The program does have a UI, but I don't care about the UI (it does what I need it to do without any UI updating). In the OnStart() function, I basically have a call to CreateProcess() that runs my server. The service seemed to install fine. When I try to start the service in the visual studio Server Explorer, however, I get this error message: Couldn't perform the requested operation...

Worksheet 303 MPQ Update @ HQ
I would liek the ability to have Worksheet 303 update the MPQ @ HQ in addition to the store MPQ value. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c349b728-4215-4526-...

updating data on tab pages
I have a form with a tab control with multiple pages. When a value is selected on a control on one of the pages, several related values are filled in on other pages. I've tried this with a macro that sets a value based on a dlookup, and I've also done it with an update query based on the same dlookup amount. Either way works until I click onto another page on the tab control. When I click to one of the other pages it says "This record has been changed by another user etc." and gives the choices to drop the changes, save the record,etc. I tried adding a saverecord command...

Security Updates and DLLs Registration
Dear Team, We had a customer had a modification use ritchtxt.ocx. Everytime he apply a security update this OCX become not registered. So, he need to re-register it on every clients machine. He post for us the following updates and ask if these updates will effect the registry data for our OCX. The Updates are: Title: Security Update for Outlook Express for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB920214) Description: A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to remotely compromise your Windows-based system. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Mi...

capture DDE update value in VBA macro
Hi I have a dde connection to a server established via the following code: channelNumber = Application.DDEInitiate( _ app:="BDDE", _ topic:="HIST") returnList = Application.DDERequest(channelNumber, item$) For i = LBound(returnList) To UBound(returnList) Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(i, 1).Formula = returnList(i) Next i Application.DDETerminate channelNumber The DDE server first sends the value "<WFR>" to tell the user that it is working on the request, and once the data is available, it sends it a couple of seconds later. The problem is...

Unable to see updated values in CRM
I added some new values to a form and saved it but they don't show up in CRM. I'm probably missing a simple step and need to know what that step is. Any help is appreciated. you need to publish the object in deployment manager than issue an IISRESET command "Admin Matt" <Admin.Matthew@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1131720410.631418.115740@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I added some new values to a form and saved it but they don't show up > in CRM. I'm probably missing a simple step and need to know what that > step is. Any help is appreciated...

How to copy ONLY the updated data from a large file?
Hello, I copied a large file from one disk(source) to another disk(destination). After this I made (manually or programmatically) some changes in the file on the source disk. Now, these changes should reflect in the file on the destination disk also. In order to achieve this, I copied the file again from source to destination. Since the file is a large one this method is not efficient. Because, for any minute change, I have to copy the entire thing. Is there any way to copy only the updated portion from the file on the source disk to the file on the destination disk? Hoping to get a r...

update form on change of field used in expression
I have one form based on a table, which calculates the unit costs based on the total price and number of units received. I created this form some time ago, and it works perfectly. The moment I change the total cost or units, it updates the unit price field accordingly. I created a similar form, also using an expression that determines the profit if sold at a price (the 'sold at' field). However this form does not change the calculated field until I F5 or refresh. I cannot see what I did differently in the original form, however would like this new form to update im...

Recipient update service #6
Hi all I have two exchagne 2003 servers in the sameadmin group and routing group, when i try to create a new repient update service on any one of the exchange servers i cant i get an error "invaild argument" what can i do to troubleshoot this issue? Thanks On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:53:01 -0700, "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all > >I have two exchagne 2003 servers in the sameadmin group and routing group, >when i try to create a new repient update service on any one of the exchange >servers i cant i get an error "invaild...

RSS Feed Update Frequency
According to the help http://help.live.com/help.aspx?mkt=en-us&project=WL_Mailv3&querytype=&query= I should see Manage Feeds and be able to Right Click a feed and Choose Edit Feed to change the update frequency... neither of these options exist. I downloaded Live and installed Mail only yesterday. The version of Windows Live Essentials showing in Programs and Features (Add Remove Programs) shows 14.0.8089.0726. I'm running Win7. I'd really like to be able to set some of my RSS feeds to update more frequently than every 24 hours. Are the feeds present...

Attachments open causes operation failed message
I have a user who gets an "Operation Failed" when opening attachments. However, when he tries again later, the attachmnet miraculously opens. We make no changes to the PC, just wait a few minutes and it opens....any ideas. Thanks Depending on the type of attachment, it may be a problem with adequate RAM or virtual memory. Perhaps he has too many programs open at the same time and if he's trying to open a Word attachment, it's having to struggle to find memory to open Word on top of everything else. Also, if the attachment is tied to an application that resides on the...