Just cant seem to get started....

Hi

I m trying to install an EXCHANGE 2000 server in Windows 2000
environment.

I had my DNS entries made in the public DNS with the name of the
server and the public IP address. Moreover i had the MX record entered
also.

I created a DC using Windows 2000 Adv. Server. I added another system
to the domain and installed exchange 2000 on it. Added MX record in
the dns running on DC. Created 2 users. They were able to mail each
other.

Next i sent an email from a yahoo account and sent an email from my MS
outlook on which i had set one of the user accounts created. Both
email messages are lost in cyber space. They havent reached and
neither have they bounced.

My exchange server has two IP's one global and one local. I can browse
from the exchange server hence its not that its not accessible to the
internet.

What am i doing wrong? Do i need an SMTP connector? I read that isnt
essential if i dont have any email which i route to another server
also. Do i essentially need a reverse lookup entry also? I m really
standing nowhere....

Plz Help...

Umar PIrzada

so as i understand, you have 2 DNS zones, one public and one private, with
different namespaces, and you are unable to recieve outside mail. is this
correct?

"Umar Pirzada" <umarpirzada@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I m trying to install an EXCHANGE 2000 server in Windows 2000
> environment.
>
> I had my DNS entries made in the public DNS with the name of the
> server and the public IP address. Moreover i had the MX record entered
> also.
>
> I created a DC using Windows 2000 Adv. Server. I added another system
> to the domain and installed exchange 2000 on it. Added MX record in
> the dns running on DC. Created 2 users. They were able to mail each
> other.
>
> Next i sent an email from a yahoo account and sent an email from my MS
> outlook on which i had set one of the user accounts created. Both
> email messages are lost in cyber space. They havent reached and
> neither have they bounced.
>
> My exchange server has two IP's one global and one local. I can browse
> from the exchange server hence its not that its not accessible to the
> internet.
>
> What am i doing wrong? Do i need an SMTP connector? I read that isnt
> essential if i dont have any email which i route to another server
> also. Do i essentially need a reverse lookup entry also? I m really
> standing nowhere....
>
> Plz Help...
>
> Umar PIrzada

0
omermaydan (98)
7/18/2004 7:49:17 AM
Hi - see my reply in m.p.exchange.applications. Please don't multipost - if
you need to post to multiple groups, it's best to crosspost instead, by
posting a single message to a handful of relevant groups (separate the NG
names with commas) so that everyone can follow the thread. Thanks :-)

See http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm

Umar Pirzada wrote:
> Hi
>
> I m trying to install an EXCHANGE 2000 server in Windows 2000
> environment.
>
> I had my DNS entries made in the public DNS with the name of the
> server and the public IP address. Moreover i had the MX record entered
> also.
>
> I created a DC using Windows 2000 Adv. Server. I added another system
> to the domain and installed exchange 2000 on it. Added MX record in
> the dns running on DC. Created 2 users. They were able to mail each
> other.
>
> Next i sent an email from a yahoo account and sent an email from my MS
> outlook on which i had set one of the user accounts created. Both
> email messages are lost in cyber space. They havent reached and
> neither have they bounced.
>
> My exchange server has two IP's one global and one local. I can browse
> from the exchange server hence its not that its not accessible to the
> internet.
>
> What am i doing wrong? Do i need an SMTP connector? I read that isnt
> essential if i dont have any email which i route to another server
> also. Do i essentially need a reverse lookup entry also? I m really
> standing nowhere....
>
> Plz Help...
>
> Umar PIrzada

0
lanwench (7567)
7/18/2004 4:38:27 PM
2 namespaces? What do u mean by that?

i am now recieving email from outside....its the mails i m sending to
a yahoo account lets say is just misplaced, neither bounced nor
reached the receipient...

so internal email is just fine sending and receiving, receiving mail
from outside is just fine also.....just sending is the problem....

Umar

"omer maydan" <omermaydan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<#mfBJNJbEHA.596@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> so as i understand, you have 2 DNS zones, one public and one private, with
> different namespaces, and you are unable to recieve outside mail. is this
> correct?
>
> "Umar Pirzada" <umarpirzada@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I m trying to install an EXCHANGE 2000 server in Windows 2000
> > environment.
> >
> > I had my DNS entries made in the public DNS with the name of the
> > server and the public IP address. Moreover i had the MX record entered
> > also.
> >
> > I created a DC using Windows 2000 Adv. Server. I added another system
> > to the domain and installed exchange 2000 on it. Added MX record in
> > the dns running on DC. Created 2 users. They were able to mail each
> > other.
> >
> > Next i sent an email from a yahoo account and sent an email from my MS
> > outlook on which i had set one of the user accounts created. Both
> > email messages are lost in cyber space. They havent reached and
> > neither have they bounced.
> >
> > My exchange server has two IP's one global and one local. I can browse
> > from the exchange server hence its not that its not accessible to the
> > internet.
> >
> > What am i doing wrong? Do i need an SMTP connector? I read that isnt
> > essential if i dont have any email which i route to another server
> > also. Do i essentially need a reverse lookup entry also? I m really
> > standing nowhere....
> >
> > Plz Help...
> >
> > Umar PIrzada
1. what is defined as your exchange dns server?
2. what is your dns topology?
2. check if your email is appeareing in the smtp queue destinated for
yahoo.com
3. enable messege tracking on the server object in ESM, and track your
messege with "messege tracking" in ESM. see what it's status.

> 2 namespaces? What do u mean by that?
>
> i am now recieving email from outside....its the mails i m sending to
> a yahoo account lets say is just misplaced, neither bounced nor
> reached the receipient...
>
> so internal email is just fine sending and receiving, receiving mail
> from outside is just fine also.....just sending is the problem....
>
> Umar
>
> "omer maydan" <omermaydan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > so as i understand, you have 2 DNS zones, one public and one private,
with
> > different namespaces, and you are unable to recieve outside mail. is
this
> > correct?
> >
> > "Umar Pirzada" <umarpirzada@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I m trying to install an EXCHANGE 2000 server in Windows 2000
> > > environment.
> > >
> > > I had my DNS entries made in the public DNS with the name of the
> > > server and the public IP address. Moreover i had the MX record entered
> > > also.
> > >
> > > I created a DC using Windows 2000 Adv. Server. I added another system
> > > to the domain and installed exchange 2000 on it. Added MX record in
> > > the dns running on DC. Created 2 users. They were able to mail each
> > > other.
> > >
> > > Next i sent an email from a yahoo account and sent an email from my MS
> > > outlook on which i had set one of the user accounts created. Both
> > > email messages are lost in cyber space. They havent reached and
> > > neither have they bounced.
> > >
> > > My exchange server has two IP's one global and one local. I can browse
> > > from the exchange server hence its not that its not accessible to the
> > > internet.
> > >
> > > What am i doing wrong? Do i need an SMTP connector? I read that isnt
> > > essential if i dont have any email which i route to another server
> > > also. Do i essentially need a reverse lookup entry also? I m really
> > > standing nowhere....
> > >
> > > Plz Help...
> > >
> > > Umar PIrzada

0
omermaydan (98)

getting specific info from a word document into excel
I am trying to import a table of data from another programme into excel to create a chart. The table that i am importing is not in table format and is just a word document which looks like a table. Most of the data in the document is words and symbols but I need to highlight the two collumns of numbers only and somehow get them into individual cells in excel. I am having real difficulty doing this as when I try to highlight the collumn and drag down it highlights the whole document as per normal word behaviour. If anyone has any ideas on solving my problem using any aspect of office the...

Cant access updates
Hi - I have a system that I know has some sort of virus or is in some way hijacked but I can't find the problem. The only way I know it is still hijacked is that I can no longer access Windows updates. I can try through control panel or by going directly to the site. Always says page cannot be displayed. This is a Windows XP Pro SP3 system. I've run full scans with Malwarebytes and Avira. Have also run HijackThis and fixed anything that seemed suspicious. This is the second system this has happened to me on. The last one I gave up finally and just reinstalled t...

Limit Accounts displayed to just customers while in Service Activi
What's the easiest way to limit the Accounts that are displayed in the Form Assistant to actual customers when I create a new Service Activity? I've set the "Relationship Type" within the Account record. I'm assuming I could do an OnLoad trick to filter the Account based on "Relationship Type = Customer" right? Any pointers?? ...

How do I start a search
everytime a open a certain spreadsheet? I would like to search if several particular account numbers are on a certain worksheet and then highlight it with yellow then until the whole worksheet has been searched. Now everytime a get a new spreadsheet, I need to do this search first to alert me. thanks a bunch. If you only have a few account numbers you're looking for and they don't change very often - it would be easiest to use conditional formatting. Select all of the cells on the worksheet then go to format/conditional formatting and set up your criteria (you have to set up a...

Starting a MFC Project
I want to start a MFC project and I want it to display a image in the view area before the main document is viewed. Should I build my project as a SDI or MDI? And if you have any other information about what I want to do I would appreciate it. Thank you. PS: I am working with Visual C++ 6 -- Just Al If you only want one view and document, use SDI. If you want multiple views and documents, use MDI. joe On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 12:11:02 -0800, Al <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to start a MFC project and I want it to display a image in the view >area before th...

I am starting to prefer comboboxes than textboxes
I my VB6 Know The Notes app, which I am currently enhancing with extra features, I have been using dropdown comboboxes on one or two forms. Because when one has the alternative, textboxes, one has to do loads of checking, like is it numeric only, what happens in LostFocus/GotFocus, what happens when you select a menu (no LostFocus triggered), range checks etc. The combobox does away with all those since its list contains only valid values, so it is just not possible for the user to select an invalid value. Obviously, there will be plenty of cases where you may need to enter a large ...

How to delete all email in a exchange 2000 which subject start with a parse?
Is there any command/programming can do so? I remember that, It can be done by command ... In news:1158660172.875908.77080@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com, Cylix <cylix2000@gmail.com> typed: > Is there any command/programming can do so? > > I remember that, It can be done by command ... Exmerge can do this for you. On 19 Sep 2006 03:02:52 -0700, "Cylix" <cylix2000@gmail.com> wrote: >Is there any command/programming can do so? > >I remember that, It can be done by command ... Exmerge can remove mail based on subject. Thanks for your suggestion. E...

Best way to get from Pub to Word?
Hi again, Is there a way to either export to or save a .pub file so that Word will open it? I need to email files from publisher to people but, of course, if they don't own Publisher program they cannot open it, whereas, Word and Word Perfect seem to have an interchange going and most can open it there. Or maybe there is another work around????If so , please tell me, it would save me from taking all of my pub files and converting them. Thanks Catt Catt <Catt@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I need to email files from publisher to people but, of ...

default template Excel uses at start-up
I want to change the default template Excel uses at start-up, to one of my own design. I did a search on Google for the answer, and found the following:- The default templates used by Excel are called Book.xls and Sheet.xls. If you create these files then you define your own default workbook and worksheet, which will appear each time you open Excel or add a new worksheet. The files must reside in the XLStart folder, which is in ....\user_name\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLStart. On the public PCs you do not have the privileges to create these files but, if you have Excel on your...

Get External Data
I have the Office 2003 Student and Teacher edition of Office 2003 on my home computer. I have occasion to use the Get External Data, New Database Query function in some of the work I bring home from work. On my version it says it is not installed. Does the Student and Teacher edition of Office 2003 in Excel have that option or will I need to upgrade to a different edition to get that function? Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany John wrote: > I have the Office 2003 Student and Teacher edition of > Office 2003 on my home computer. I have occasio...

get cell of function
Hi Can I somehow determine, in which column (A,B,C,...) a selfmade function is called? Or: Can I tell the function, placed f.e. in cell C1, to loop through the column left (in this example B) of it? thanks lot for help materphilch Dim rng as Range set rng = Application.Caller to see the value: MsgBox(rng.address) Gary's Student "masterphilch" wrote: > Hi > > Can I somehow determine, in which column (A,B,C,...) a selfmade function > is called? > Or: Can I tell the function, placed f.e. in cell C1, to loop through the > column left (in this example ...

Get Subform Data
I'm looking for a way to get the data from a chosen record in a continuous subform. I have a customer form and a continuous subform with all of the charges associated with the customer. Is it possible to have a button on the form, prompt the user to highlight a record (the charge info.) in the continuous subform and get the information about the charge? If there is not a way to do this, I'm pretty sure that I can achieve what I want to do via a list box. Open the subform in design view, and set its Record Selectors property to Yes. (This is a property of the Form, not o...

Get Report Name
I have a report selection form that allows the user to select multiple reports to preview. They have the ability to check a box that automatically sends each report to a separate pdf with a predefined name and path, using the CreateReportToPDF code by Stephen Lebans. What I want to do now is allow the user to preview multiple reports but selectively send reports to pdf. I have a custom reports tool bar, I’ve added a button but can’t figure out how to determine the name of the report the user is viewing. Thanks for your help, Jim Not sure but, I imagine you could loop through the R...

Problem getting values in iframe
Hi, I have placed an iframe to the account form. This iframe calls an .aspx page that is also placed on the same server as the CRM. I am trying to get an value from the CRM form to the .aspx page in the iFrame. my function that I call upon "onLoad": <script language="javascript"> function GetSomeValues() { document.getElementById('TextBox1').value = parent.document.forms[0].all.name.DataValue; } </script> This fails! I get the message: "Access denied!" Is there any setting in the CRM I have forgotten to turn on or off?? Can a...

Just installed Outlook
I recently reinstalled Windows XP Professional and yesterday I installed Microsoft Office 2003 (just Outlook and Word). From the previous windows installation I had backed up my pst files and rules etc and so I replaced them back on this new installation. Now I am having a major problem where I am receiving emails no problem but recipients are not receiving my sent emails until several hours after I send them. The messages 'seem' to be sent ok on Outlook (no errors or anything) and they don't lie in my outbox - they appear in the sent items folder immediately as expected. I'...

"How do I get rid of old records in an Pivot Table?
The spreadsheet gets copied each month to a new file and the data cleared out, BUT the selecetion in the Pivot Table still holds the data from Previous spreadsheets Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html AyPee wrote: > > The spreadsheet gets copied each month to a new file and the data cleared > out, BUT the selecetion in the Pivot Table still holds the data from Previous > spreadsheets -- Dave Peterson The web-link was very helpful, thank you. I was about to reprogram and build my pivot tables to get rid of the obsolete item...

XP won't start... BSOD
I have a Dell Dimension 8250 with Windows XP installed. While browsing a streaming video site, I received an IE error message saying that Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and will shut down. After logging back in to IE, it happened again so I did a re-start. On restart, I received startup message: we apologize for the inconvenience but windows did not shut down properly and the normal full screen explanation. I just powered down as I have done before but got the message again followed by the bsod. The technical information I received was as follows: stop: 0x0000...

How do I get my Publisher file to download from my website
My Publisher file will not download from my website. Also, when I open it on my computer, it says it is a print version. What do I need to do to save the print version in a format that download by visitors to my website who do not have publisher? Upload a .pdf file instead of the Publisher format. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Dr. Boney" <Dr. Boney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15AAFEC1-9C4B-46C3-A16E-548F9ADE11ED@microsoft.com... > My Publisher file will not download...

Get SQL Business Alerts to work with Manufacturing Tables
I was surprised during recent project that SQL Business Alerts did not work with any manufacturing tables. In our situation we wanted ECN's (from Engineering Change Module) to work with SQL Business Alerts so that users would know a new ECN had been created. The inconsistently in our (Microsoft Great Plains) product is still an issue. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this ...

REPOST Re: Trying to get mailbox lock from process
Has anyone made any headway on this issue? I am currently trying to determine if any informative messages are logged on the server side. --=C ####################### Hi Brent, Is it possible the mailbox is being accessed by another client at the same time? -Michael On 10/21/04 12:38 PM, in article BD9D5E5D.473D%brent@hazmatexplo.org, "Brent DeCracker" <brent@hazmatexplo.org> wrote: >> Michael, >> >> Just to throw my two cents in - I'm having the same problem, and it didn't >> occur until I upgraded to 11.1. I've been using th...

How to get the locale setting?
I want to get the locale setting user sets from Control Panel->Regional Options. Based on that I would setlocale() to show the date and time value appropriate for the region. Any idea help would be appreciated... >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Dhirendra wrote: >> I want to get the locale setting user sets from Control >> Panel->Regional Options. Based on that I would setlocale () >> to show the date and time value appropriate for the region. > >How about GetLocaleInfo() ? > >GetLocaleInfo >http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/in...

Outlook 2007 Won't Start.
Installed Office 2007 on Vista Biz, new machine. Every time I start Outlook, it goes into a "configureing Microsoft Office" frenzy. at the end of that, it forces me to reboot. Start outlook again and it does the same thing. On two ocassions, it reports that it cannot locate MSVCR80.DLL but a search in C:\windows shows it is there. I have run a repair twice. Uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times. All other office programs seem to run fine. Any ideas?? JohnS Hi Homer, What happens if you launch Outlook elevated? Do you see the same behavior? -- Benjamin Gay [MSFT] This posti...

Windows 2008 starts then reboots
After failure of RAID 1, Windows Server 2008 starts till almost desktop visible, arrow cursor appears then reboots again and again. 1. Why Win cannot start from single disk RAID 1 array. 2. How can I recover the installation? P.S: Don't ask me to rebuild array, I'm just testing the new server before make it production server, plus single disk size is 1.5 TB so it takes long time. I wonder why Windows cannot start immedialtely. Same error occured on RAID 5 test, I rebuild the array but Win 2008 still reboots at same place, before login screen. 1. RAID1 by definition ...

getting newsgroups on outlook 2003
how do you et news groups on outlook, have had express before but hit a brick wall with this Sorry outlook isn't setup to handle newsgroups. It will launch outlook express, or whatever program you have as the default newsreader, by going to 'go' then 'news,' but it won't handle them by itself. "Deaksy" <Deaksy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82B92080-F005-4183-AB42-23F9B4F70C1C@microsoft.com... > how do you et news groups on outlook, have had express before but hit a > brick > wall with this On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 20:53:...

Trouble getting back on line after router is shut off....
Doesn't XP flush the IP address when it's shut off so it's ready for a new one when you restart it? The reason I ask is: I have a Linksys WRTP54G wireless router that has 2 phone ports for use with the Vonage phone company. When we have electrical strorms I unplug everything including my cable connection to my modem, the router and of course the 'puter. After the storm it can take me up to 45 minutes to get an internet connection again. The setup is a Surfboard cable modem that feeds the Linksys then to one of my motherboard's 2 ethernet connectors. When pow...