Junk Mail Folder size

Is there a way to scan a users mailbox and show details of the junk mail
folder. I am looking for a way to create a report that will show me the John
Doe has 200 items in his junk mail folder and it is currently 3mb in size.

I would also like to use this on other folders as well. (ie sent folder)

Thanks in advance
0
faf1967 (7)

Any way?  You could write a program.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"faf1967" <faf1967@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to scan a users mailbox and show details of the junk mail
> folder. I am looking for a way to create a report that will show me the
> John
> Doe has 200 items in his junk mail folder and it is currently 3mb in size.
>
> I would also like to use this on other folders as well. (ie sent folder)
>
> Thanks in advance

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/7/2005 6:45:13 AM
You could use Exmerge to extract messages from specific folders and then see the
size of resulting .psts. What is the point (you do have storage limits set,
right?)?

faf1967 wrote:

> Is there a way to scan a users mailbox and show details of the junk mail
> folder. I am looking for a way to create a report that will show me the John
> Doe has 200 items in his junk mail folder and it is currently 3mb in size.
>
> I would also like to use this on other folders as well. (ie sent folder)
>
> Thanks in advance

0
kpalagin (1838)
9/7/2005 7:24:04 AM
I have storage limits set but I do not want to waste time backing up junk
email. I know I can use group policy to perm. delete the junk email but I
don't want someone to come back and say their email are being deleted. I want
the user to take responsibility. All it take is right click junk mail and hit
the letter "Y" then "Y" again.

Ed you mention writing a program, where can I go to find information about
how to write such a program?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

"Kirill Palagin" wrote:

> You could use Exmerge to extract messages from specific folders and then see the
> size of resulting .psts. What is the point (you do have storage limits set,
> right?)?
>
> faf1967 wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to scan a users mailbox and show details of the junk mail
> > folder. I am looking for a way to create a report that will show me the John
> > Doe has 200 items in his junk mail folder and it is currently 3mb in size.
> >
> > I would also like to use this on other folders as well. (ie sent folder)
> >
> > Thanks in advance

0
faf1967 (7)

export/import Exchange mail
Please let me know if this can be done: 1. I have two Exchange servers running in different domains A and B 2. Server A has 10 users and have email and AD entries for these users 3. Server A is a new box and only has AD entries and no email in email boxes Is there a way to export the mail messages, and other records from the old Exchange mail boxes of the server A and then import it into the corresponding mailboxes of a new Server B? ibsys If they're in the same forest, the both Exchange servers should be in the same organization, and you can use the Move Mailbox Wizard. If they'...

Font Sizing
I am visually impaired. I would like to increase font size in the IN-box window where the From: Subject: and Received: columns are listed. I have been able to increase font size to read the body of the e-mail and can compose e-mail with larger font - just would like to increase font size for the incoming message headers. Please write to me at: johnw@winserv.com if you can help. thank you in advance. John Depending on your version of Outlook, View->Current View->Customize Current View->Other Settings. You can customize the Fonts from there. --� Milly Staples [MVP...

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Offline folder problems #2

Public Folder link to Excel File

Setting up a new e-mail account

Corrupt "Deleted Items" folder

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

Sizing drop down validation box
I have a form with lots of drop down validation boxes, many of them are Yes,No,N/A or Pass,Fail,N/A so one a narrow box is required but all the drop downs are about three inches wide. Once I accidentally go them to the right size and saved the file, closed it, then re-opened and the drop downs were really wide again. Does anyone know have to set the width, I always thought they were the same width as the cell they pop from but not the case. Wayman Those extra wide dropdown lists appear occasionally, usually if cells on the worksheet have been merged (not necessarily the cell with t...

CRM Email Displays Size=2>

Duplicate E-Mail #4

Function to determine Directory Size
I'd like to be able to determine the size of a directory or group of files. Does anyone know of an add-in that has a function whereby I can specify a path and get the size of directory of groups of files as the return value? Ex: =dirsize("C:\Documents and Settings\Bob\My Documents\School") =dirsize("C:\Documents and Settings\Bob\My Documents\School\*.doc") It would also be helpful if there were an option to include subdirectories. -- Thanks, Bob Chmara Argh.... Make that "get the size of a directory or group of files" Bob "Bob Chmara" fatfing...

Disable Scanmail & Typical VM Largest Block Size
This is how to disable Mailscan as per Trend Support. Stop all Scanmail services and unregister the event sink. To unregister SMTP event sinks: 1. Open the command prompt. 2. For SMEX 7.0, go to the ..\Program Files\Trend\SMEX folder 3. Run the toolSmtpEventSink.exe /unreg command. After doing this the VM Largest Block Size does not decrease below 70 meg. But 70 meg seems low to me. Is 70 meg typical? -- Brett ...

OWA Calendar
Hello, Is it possible to publish a public folder calendar (that users currently make changes to in Outlook) to a web page? Does Exchange have some sort of tools to do this? Users could still make changes through Outlook and we would like to be able to display the calendar on our website. Thoughts? TIA, Jason "Jason King" <jasonk@bham.wednet.edu> wrote in message news:%230ps86yIFHA.2136@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to publish a public folder calendar (that users currently > make changes to in Outlook) to a web page? Does Exchange have so...

Odd e-mail duplication problem