junk filter not working in front-end back-end

initially we have only one exchange 2003. and client outlook 2003 with junk
filter.
Outlook 2003 junk filter was working fine. But when we put exchange 2003
front-end back-end senario. Mail is not going to junk folder rather in the
INBOX.

Any clue?
0
Faisal (32)

=?Utf-8?B?RmFpc2Fs?= <Faisal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> initially we have only one exchange 2003. and client outlook 2003 with
> junk filter.
> Outlook 2003 junk filter was working fine. But when we put exchange
> 2003 front-end back-end senario. Mail is not going to junk folder
> rather in the INBOX.
>
> Any clue?

IMF should work fine on a front-end server. Here is a link for you:

http://mcpmag.com/columns/article.asp?EditorialsID=1029

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

"Faisal" wrote:

> initially we have only one exchange 2003. and client outlook 2003 with junk
> filter.
> Outlook 2003 junk filter was working fine. But when we put exchange 2003
> front-end back-end senario. Mail is not going to junk folder rather in the
> INBOX.
>
> Any clue?
0
KJK (40)
7/27/2005 4:19:24 PM
As the replies from Arlo and KJK indicate, it is not very clear what type of
filter are you using whether client side or server side.

You might have run in the classic Junk Email Folder enablement problem.

Here are some links:
http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/006/spamcocktail.htm
http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/007/enablejunk.htm
http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/008/centraljunk.htm

cheers,

Alexander Zammit
Software Development Consultant
Check out, ExchangeInbox.com the MS Exchange Resource site at
http://www.exchangeinbox.com/

"Faisal" <Faisal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> initially we have only one exchange 2003. and client outlook 2003 with
> junk
> filter.
> Outlook 2003 junk filter was working fine. But when we put exchange 2003
> front-end back-end senario. Mail is not going to junk folder rather in the
> INBOX.
>
> Any clue?

0
alex6014 (110)

Unsupported but working: CR w/external ODBC
CRM SERVER 1) Copy crdb_odbc.dll to the Crystal Decisions Bin directory along with all the other cr*.dll (Programs/Common/Crystal Decisions/2.0/BIN) I believe 2) Create ODBC for external datasource on CRM SERVER - make sure you use Windows Authentication DEVELOPMEN 1) Create ODBC for external datasource while developing report. Same name/settings as ODBC on CRM SERVER GOOD LUCK! PS crdb_odbc.dll comes with the licensed Crystal Reports - if you do not have your own Crystal Reports you do not have this .dll thanks for posting kristina...useful information -- John O'Donnell ...

Rule doesn't work Outlook 2003
I've created a rule in Outlook 2003 (that is used with Exchange Server): "Apply this rule after the message arrives with 'Name' or 'Othername' in the subject forward it to people or distribution list." The 'forward to' is an external email address. It is the very top rule, and it is checked. Problem is, it just doesn't work. There are other rules and they work ok. I also have some VB code that processes email when it arrives. BUT, if I test the rule using 'Run rules now' and select this particular rule, it *does* work. Any help apprecia...

Subtract working days
I'm tring to calculate todays date and subtract a number of working days and have the answer in date format. A1 = 02 November 05 B1 = 5 C1 = Would result in 27 October 05 Any help would be appreciated -- teeb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ teeb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=13172 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480981 teeb Wrote: > I'm tring to calculate todays date and subtract a...

Spell check not working Outlook 2007
All of the settings say it is turned on but Outllok 2007 spell check is not working?? If you right click on the misspelled word, what menu do you see? If the signature menu, see http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/signatures.htm (also applies to 2007/2010) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST...

Exchange 2003 with Intelligent Message Filter
Dear all, Is the spamfilter enabled by default to all users upon installation? If not, how do I enable it for all users. Thanks. Regards, Kueh. On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 18:44:50 +0800, "KA Kueh" <kka@ksm.com.my> wrote: >Dear all, > >Is the spamfilter enabled by default to all users upon installation? If >not, how do I enable it for all users. Thanks. > >Regards, >Kueh. > It is not enabled by default. You need to configure it and apply the filter to the smtp virtual servers that are to be used to receive inbound Internet mail. If you go carefult...

Exchange 2003
Greetings, We just upgraded to Exchange 2003 not long ago, and we've developed a routing loop for messages with e-mail addresses that do not exist in our org. We've done some research, and a possible Exchange-side fix is to enable Intelligent E-Mail Filtering. I was wondering if anybody has experienced any problems with this or if there are any known issues to implementing it? Also, one disparaging thing is that it creates an NDR. Due to certain spam black-list requirements, we've stopped generating NDR's. Is there a way to turn on this feature and scuttle the NDR or not ...

some links do not work when converted to acrobat
I am working in a word document (word 2003) when I convert it to acrobat ver8. the table of contents convert fine and works, however there some jpg. images that links to bookmarks - they don't work. any help would be appreciated. thanls How are you converting the document to PDF? There might be a limit of the conversion process. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via msnews.microsoft.com) "wambo" <wambo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1E55A9B-8BEA-455C-86A6-447A32C94CFB@microsoft.com... >I am working in a wor...

how duplicate detection works on access levels
Hello, I would like to know if duplicate detection is able to detect the duplicate record while importing/saving if the user does not have access for an existing record. It might be hard to tell why I am asking this . But it is generally because if a user in a department tracks its activities on Company A which the user has access to, other department user also has activities with the company A but that user is unaware that the other company has been already recorded in CRM db because he/she has no access to it. Doesn't this bring a conflict in reports when the CEO will see two re...

Outlook 2003
Just installed Office 2003 and send/receive does not work, even though I imported my account info from Outlook Express (which DOES work). Tried using PassPort for support, but product ID was not accepted. Checked and am sure it is correct. Does it give you any messages or just not do anything when you hit send/receive? Have you tried send and receive from each mail account? I have a problem with spam email stuck in there that prevents Outlook from pulling any mail from the server unless I delete the email that's stuck. Max "Judy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

How do I count the cells ending with a specific letter?
Hi, I am trying to count the cells in a column ending with a particular letter. Cells contain alphanumeric values. For ex: =COUNTIF(W5:W7,"*P") This is giving zero as the answer instead of 2. Please help.. =COUNTIF(W5:W7,"=*P") "David" wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to count the cells in a column ending with a particular letter. > Cells contain alphanumeric values. For ex: =COUNTIF(W5:W7,"*P") This is > giving zero as the answer instead of 2. Please help.. > > Nope not working Ronaldo :( "RonaldoOneNil" wrote: &g...

getting data from cells in wrksheet & importing in existing works
Here is the application...I have a master worksheet that needs to pull information from specific sells in several different files (excel worksheets) in defferent directories. The filenames will change but the fields will be the same. I have been using manual links and cut&paste to place the information in the master worksheet. Is there a way to define a directory path and filename is some cell within the master worksheet to use as a reference for the linked cell to look so that it will automatically retrieve the information without manual intervention? hi, =('C:\WOMonitor\FY03\...

Anyway to get my original user name back?
I am Kevs in newsgroups for long time.<br> But I tried to sign up with that from Mactopia site and said name already taken, anyway to get it back? thanks. On 2/4/08 9:33 PM, in article ee8c1d5.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "kevs1@officeformac.com" <kevs1@officeformac.com> wrote: > I am Kevs in newsgroups for long time. > But I tried to sign up with that from Mactopia site and said name already > taken, anyway to get it back? thanks. Yes, use the Entourage newsreader. -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <http:...

calculating averages with filters on
i have a coloumn of data which i want to calculate an average for, i ca do this for the whole coloumn but i want it to change dependant on th filtering applyed, im using the auto filter option. Basically i want to calculate an average of what i can see on th screen Ne ideas??? Rober ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Robert, Use something like: =SUBTOTAL(1,B2:...

Excel File Association not working
Hi, One of our users cannot open an Excel file by just double-clicking on it any longer. If he opens Excel first, he can browse to the file and open it. I looked at the file associations for .xls types of files and it lists Excel as the program to use to open .xls. I tried an Office repair, but that didn't help. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Thanks, Sandy M Sometimes one of these works for similar problems. Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then W...

Front End Back End Problem
Hello - I have a front end server (FE1) and two back end servers (BE1 and BE2). The configuration has worked fine for months. Last week, users with mailboxes on BE2 started getting the "service unavailable" message when trying to retrieve their mail with OWA. I can connect to the mailboxes on BE2 fine when going directly to the server via http://be2/exchange. It is only when connecting to FE1 that the error occurs. Any help is greatly appreciated. REALLY sounds like firewall is blocking 80/443 between your front-end to your back-end. Do a telnet on those ports to t...

Any Way to Add Trended Item Back to Cash Flow After Removed?
I accidentally removed the trended item in my cash flow for groceries. Is there any way to get MSM to add it back to the cash flow forecast? TIA If you customise the cash flow to show data based on your budget, press Done. Then customise it again to use trended items and the missing one should come back. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially i...

Why is IE 8 such a piece of junk?
I am actually using Firefox to browse windows help because IE 8 doesn't load half the time - what a joke - does anyone at MS even care? I run a small company and am considering switching everyone over to a different browser - Firefox works well and Apple's browser is far better! Why does IE not load properly so often????? If you're running Win7, see http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/dee08d6b-7236-4e8e-b2e4-25ceede4f7d6 Otherwise... Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7 RC; Win7) wh...

Sort Left to Right not working
HI, ok getting a bit frustrated don't understand why this is not working: I have following info has headers in Row1 Prodgr part#, 04/04/2005 04/09/2003 04/11/2003 05/12/2005 05/22/2003 I want to sort the dates left to right so should be 04/09/2003 04/11/2003 05/22/2003 04/04/2005 05/12/2005 I did the data-->sort-->options-->left to right, but it doesn't work. Yesterday I tested and did work. FYI, the format shows General, but if I try to format as date it doesnt' do it. But if I go into the cell and hit enter then it does change the format. ...

Can't get SUM function to work in Excel 2000
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. All I'm trying to do is add a column of numbers. In cell L13, my formula is =SUM(L2:L12). All I get back is 0. I've checked the formatting of the cells and they are all numeric. I have also tried adding cells manually, e.g., =L2+L3 -- and I get the correct result. I'm pretty sure I've used this function before without any problems. What am I doing wrong? I was having a little problem with setting the formatting. Most of my spreadsheet contains wrappable text, and I had set the style for that. Then when I tried to adjust my num...

Pull down (or filter) my report
I have a report that generates information from different lawyers. I don't wish to print out every single lawyer, or filter (SQL Query) a certain criteira, is there a way that you can open a report and have a pop up promt asking for a filter ? The pop up is do-able via what is called a query parameter prompt - but that means you would have to know the EXACT spelling of the lawyer name, so it's not the recommended solution. To do that - type something like [Enter the lawyer name] in the section where you would typically manually modify the query (criteria row below the lawyer name c...

Password for mailbox not working
My password for my mail doesn't work...I've tried everything I can think of...any suggestions? If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 patches, then see if this article addresses your problemL OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a POP3 Server http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290684 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: mswebba <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | My p...

Setting up rules on Exchange 2000 public folders to filter out spam.
In my organisation we have public folders used by various departments. They emails come in there from outside via a publicly displayed email address (on our website). Inevitably, a lot of junk finds it way into these folders from spammers. Unfortunately, our anti spam software is rather rudimentary and can only ban via domain � which is usually inappropriate for us. I was wondering if it is possible to configure a rule (like the client based rules you can setup in Outlook 2000) to filter out mail containing certain words and phrases, and dump them into a trash folder. If anyone can offer assis...

windows freezes at login and safe mode dont work!
my computer was working fine until my 11 year old got ahold of it and i saw she was in the msconfig screen unchecking things by the time i could say stop she restarted the netbook and now it freezes after i enter a password in at log in. i tried starting in safe mode and it freezes there also. i have tried everything even debugging mode still freezes. how can i get back in a fix what she did? please remember this a netbook im using "NO CD ROM" and no disk came with it. thanks for any help you might be able to give robbie robbie wrote: > my computer was workin...

Manipulate filtered data
I have a shortage report generated daily by the company server. It has PartNo (Col A), Owner (Col B), Comments (Col C), Qty (Col D). Part numbers will only appear in this file if qty falls below certain value. I already have a macro that can filter the daily shortage report by owner (which is my name). Based on the filtered list (all part numbers that belong to me), I will update the comments column. Now I created a master file with all the part numbers that I need to take care of. It has 2 columns: MyPartNo (col A) and Comments (col B). I also created a macro that can m...

Setting the Filter Junk-email flag
I want to enable spam filtering for all users of Exchange 2k3 + IMF in the office. Is there any way to set the Filter Junk-email flag (OWA Options) for all of them? Yes there is. Check details from here: http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/008/centraljunk.htm cheers, Alexander Zammit Software Development Consultant Check out, ExchangeInbox.com the MS Exchange Resource site at http://www.exchangeinbox.com/ "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5EF7E60D-39DB-4564-A0E2-6F0A52144C4C@microsoft.com... >I want to enable spam filtering for all users o...