Junk email policy?

Hi
E2K3 sp2.
Is it possible to make a policy to delete junk email older than 30
days? Or other ways to do it?

Jordan
0
Jordan

Sure, just use mailbox manager and configure it for the 'Junk E-mail' folder
(via custom folder).
Then set it to delete message older then 30 days (ether hard delete or move
to deleted items folder).

Todd

"Jordan" wrote in message news:bpkmu2p9p08lsbbmi7enpu138gfga58h28@4ax.com...
> Hi
> E2K3 sp2.
> Is it possible to make a policy to delete junk email older than 30
> days? Or other ways to do it?
>
> Jordan

0
tbooher (148)
3/5/2007 12:55:03 AM
Here is a step-by-step procedure:
http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/014/cleanjunk.htm

--
Alexander Zammit
WinDeveloper Software

<Jordan> wrote in message news:bpkmu2p9p08lsbbmi7enpu138gfga58h28@4ax.com...
> Hi
> E2K3 sp2.
> Is it possible to make a policy to delete junk email older than 30
> days? Or other ways to do it?
>
> Jordan

0
Alexander

Sent emails not moved from Outbox to Sent folder
Using Windows Live Mail (Version 2009 Build 14.0.8089.0726) I often find that sent emails are not moved from my Outbox to my Sent folder. When first discovering this I would resend the email in the Outbox or query the intended recipient (with apologies), asking if the email had been received. In each instance the email HAD been sent, just never moved to the Sent folder. 1) Is there any way I can determine if mail sitting in my Outbox has actually been sent -- without querying the recipient? 2) Is there any way I can get Windows Live Mail to properly move sent emails from ...

Sorting Email
Is it possible to add the sender's room number to an outlook inbox view and sort it.? You can create a custom field for this and add the field to your Inbox view, then populate it with your own values. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:04a101c3bacc$0b6bba50$a501280a@phx.gbl, joyce sanderlin wrote: > Is it possible to add the sender's room number to an > outlook inbox view and sort it.? ...

Internal Email Delivery failure
Internal Email Delivery failure SERVER: Software: Exch 2003 Premium Ed + Sp1 (100 users) installed on Windows 2003 Standard Ed Stand alone install all within a Windows 2003 Domain. No AV software running. Hardware: New HP Proliant Xeon, 3G Ram, heaps of disk space. CLIENT: Software: Outlook 98 and Outlook 2003 on 2000 (sp4) or XP (sp1) OS's Server has been in live mode since early Jan 2005 and everything until recently appeared to be running fine. All of a sudden over the past few weeks we have been experiencing issues with internal email not being delivered at all to recipients or arr...

Duplicate emails received (two copies)
I am receiving two copies of each received email. What could cause this problem? Thank You, Dan ...

saved emails and a crash
I have lots of saved emails on Windows Live Mail. If my computer were to crash, where are my emails? Mail messages(and news) are stored on your hard drive in the Windows Live Mail Message store. The Messages store contains folders/subfolders usually similar named as the folders you see in WLM. Mail messages are stored as *.eml files and news messages as *.nws files. You can find the location of your messages store via - Tools/Options/Advanced/Maintenance/Store Folder -> The default location if not changed by the user is C:\Users\<your windows username>\AppData\Loc...

Promoting an Outlook email to CRM
Why isn't 'Sent' information saved to the CRM Email activity when I promote an Outlook email to CRM? ...

Exchange 12 UM-Email
How many Exchange servers do you need if you want to use Exchange as a UM server and your Email server? With all the configurable Roles Exchange server now has which ones are need to accomplish what function? At the launch event, they strongly recommended that the unified messaging stuff be on its own server. Ray "VIDRO" <VIDRO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F632EA6-0E00-4ED0-B789-7620C9789377@microsoft.com... > How many Exchange servers do you need if you want to use Exchange as a UM > server and your Email server? > With all the configurab...

emails
every time i try to open my outlook express it comes up with an error The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop3', Server: 'pop3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D any ideas i am not sure what to do Hi Lynne, 1. you won't get a reply here, post OE questions to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress 2. in tools - accounts - mail - your mail account - properties - servers you specified a wrong POP3 server. You typed &#...

Two part question
I know how to take an Email list in my Access database and to generate Emails from it. What I need now is a little more flexibility in that email, I need to use a voting button. Is that possible? ...

Cannot add customer statement email address in Smartlist
On the Debtor Maintenance Options screen you can chose the checkbox to Send Email Statements to a customer and then enter the To, CC or BCC email addresses. In Smartlist under the Customer folder, while you can choose to add the Send Email Statements column you cannot select to add the To, CC or BCC email address fields. You should be able to do this so you can easily view the information. These columns should be standard columns that you can select for Customers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most vo...

tranferring emails and history to new computer
I would like to transfer my old Outlook Express emails/folders to my new lap top once again using outlook express. Have transferred addresses but can't do old messages/history etc. Thanks Differences between Outlook and Outlook Express http://ask.support.microsoft.com/kb/257824/EN-US/ A good source of Outlook Express info can be found here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: For OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress For OE 6.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.outlookexpres...

Calcualting the time between email received date and reply date
Hi My boss wants data as to within how many days a reply was sent to a message. Is it possible in microsoft outlook to find out after how many days a message got replied? Thanks Shanks Shanks <Shanks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My boss wants data as to within how many days a reply was sent to a > message. Is it possible in microsoft outlook to find out after how > many days a message got replied? WIth Outlook 2003, one can observe the received time and compare it to the "You replied" time shown in the Info Bar. -- Brian Tillman Hi Brian Is there a...

downloading emails
I have been having trouble with outlook ever since Wanadoo discontinued their newsgroup service; I accessed it through outlook express and the "news" folder of outlook. Yesterday Outlook crashed and I have had to re-install it from scratch. Now however I cannot get it to send or receive emails. When I worked my way through the wizard setting it up it did send out the test email and that can be opened in outlook express so it appears to be connected properly Every time I try I am getting this menu and no matter how often I click OK I do not get past it:- "Enter Net Password &qu...

Outlook 2003 AutoArchive Deletes emails
1000+ users on our domains have been having an issue where they run AutoArchive and a large number of their non-expired emails are moved to the Deleted Items folder of their Personal Folder File (or, if one doesn't exist, one is created on their hard drive) and the items in the Deleted Items folder of their PFF are deleted completely and must be recovered. After that point, any items placed in the PFF under Inbox will be sucked into Deleted Items in the Archive/PFF each time. We have checked the settings on 10+ machines and the only way to prevent this problem from occuring is to manuall...

How to prevent breaks in sentences within a paragraph when email
When I type a paragraph within an email, it looks great, even after I've added words to the sentence, or changed the sentence structure. Then I send the email, and sometimes send it to myself, but the sentences and paragraph are chopped up, and the idea doesn't "flow" like I wanted it to. Any suggestions on how I can keep the sentences together so they make more sense? I have looked at every option in "Tools", but haven't found a solution. Thanks. Are you using HTML or plain text? HTML will generally keep the same formatting while plain text ...

Contact Email Addresses & IMCEAEX format?
Greetings, We've recently renamed many email addresses on our exchange server. Now, contacts created off the old email addresses need to be updated. Using ADO to get a CDO.Person object in VB.Net, I can see the Person.Email1 field. It currently has the following value: (I hope this will post the formatting correctly) "me@here.com" <IMCEAEX-_o=STUFF1_ou=STUFF2_cn=Recipients_cn=me@newhere.com> I want it to have the following value: "me@newhere.com" <IMCEAEX-_o=STUFF1_ou=STUFF2_cn=Recipients_cn=me@newhere.com> Unfortunately, it won't save that value. ...

Why can't WLM connect to pop to retrieve email ?
Unable to send or receive messages for the Yahoo (xxxxxx) account. The e-mail server returned an error. Server Error: 0x800CCC90 Server Response: -ERR Cannot establish SSL, SSL_connect error 10054 Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC90 Protocol: POP3 Port: 110 Secure(SSL): No I'd like to say its a typo, but I can retrieve pop3 from Yahoo with another email client program but not uaing WLM. Windows 7, WindowsLive Mail. http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-08.html http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/or...

trouble receiving a forwarded email
When someone forwards an email to me not all of the message is received. It stops about 3/4 of the way down the page or sometimes the 1st page is there but not page 2. I am using Outlook 2000 SR-1. My computer is Windows 98. Our Server is Windows 2000. No one else is having this problem. ...

Deleting an email account, but keeping the emails
Can I delete an email account so I can reset it up, and still retain all the emails I have saved in there to date? Yes. Deleting an account in Windows Mail does not delete any emails. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "c_angler" <cangler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:3E3BB56B-59FB-43ED-BD65-316C2B8F5B3C@microsoft.com... > Can I delete an email account so I can reset it up, and still retain = all the=20 > emails I have saved in there to date? > Yes. ...

Recover emails from a broken PST file.
Hi, I am putting this request in from a friend who has the following issue: I would like to know if anyone has access to the draft of the .pst specification/standard that Microsoft has promised to release early next year. I need this so that I can recover emails from a broken pst file. This file cannot be recovered with scanpst or linux tools such as those within the libpff library nor libpst. This file was carved out from a disk and perhaps not chained properly - i.e., may be not complete or contain improper clusters. I receive multiple errors in regards to wrong checksum as well...

Outlook 2003
More than 50% of my contacts do not have email addresses, so it therefore clutters the Address book unnecessarily. Is there anyway to allow the address book (the popup which appears when clicking on "To:") to only show contacts that have email addresses? I can use categories to assign contacts as ValidEmailUser, but I can't seem to find a way to force the address book popup form, to show based on a category. Thanks. That's odd. I have never seen the Outlook Address Book display Contacts without electronic addresses. It simply won't do that. Do these Contacts ...

sent emails?
When i send an email the person on the other end will see the wrong person it is from. I have reset everything in my out look but cant seem to get the last person that was here, his name off the sent emails. Please provide the following information: 1) Version of Outlook 2) Email environment (Exchange, POP3, etc.) 3) Are you using a PST? If so, what size is it? 4) Are there any error messages or numbers? 5) Are there any errors in your application event viewer that relates to Office or Outlook? 6) What troubleshooting steps have you taken yourself? PS What do you mean, the last person ...

Same Email message to recipients
Hi I have to each month send out notification to my customers who use Euros about the exchange rate for the coming months (its about 10 people). I know its not much but what a pain it is to send individual emails. As its each month as well I haev to try and remember who the euro peeps are What also i dont want them to see is each others email addresses as they are competitors. SO my question is, how do I send out one eamil to a group of recipients without them seeing who else it has gone to? If it would be appropriate, keep all of them in "BCC". Otherwise you ...

Blank emails #9
What does it mean when you get a blank email in your Outlook almost every day?? It is just a little envelope and I don't open it but I get them almost daily?? PatK <vegaspatk@cox.net> wrote: > What does it mean when you get a blank email in your Outlook almost > every day?? It is just a little envelope and I don't open it but I > get them almost daily?? It often means that someone's spam-generating program is brain-dead and spewing ill-formed junk. You can create a rule that will discard any message whose body is empty. -- Brian Tillman Thank you ver...

Email problem with hostname
I got this error when sending email to my distributor in Brazil. ERROR: The message was undeliverable because the recipient specified in the recipient postal address was not known at this address. 450 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname, [my ip address]. I have Exchange 5.5 sp4 and I checked with my ISP and DNS, everything correct and PTR and Reverse DNS are all checked out. Thanks in advance for any assistance. "toby one" <support@re.com> wrote: >I got this error when sending email to my distributor in Brazil. ERROR: The >message was undeliverable be...