Journaling for one SMTP domain

Dear All,

We have 3 SMTP domain within our exchange environment. - E2K7

I have enabled the journaling using journal rules but is there any way where
we can enable journaling only for the one SMTP domain and not all 3.

Regards,
KT

0
KedarT

Journaling is set at the storage group so I do not think that you can
by SMTP domain, however if you find a way would you kindly pass that
information on?

Thanks

On Nov 17, 10:30=A0am, "KedarT" <kt_082...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> We have 3 SMTP domain within our exchange environment. - E2K7
>
> I have enabled the journaling using journal rules but is there any way wh=
ere
> we can enable journaling only for the one SMTP domain and not all 3.
>
> Regards,
> KT

0
Phil
11/17/2009 5:10:29 PM
Ensure that all the mailboxes for that domain reside in the same storage
group apart from everyone else.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"KedarT" <kt_082000@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message
> Dear All,
>
> We have 3 SMTP domain within our exchange environment. - E2K7
>
> I have enabled the journaling using journal rules but is there any way
> where we can enable journaling only for the one SMTP domain and not all 3.
>
> Regards,
> KT

0
Ed

Messenger journaling to Outlook
I used to have an application years ago that would allow messenger to write a new Journal each time which included all the message and the time the chat took. Many years ago they stopped selling it as I think it did not work with Outlook XP or 2003, I now have Outlook 2007. I keep a lot of stuff in Outlook 2007 and would love to be able to do this again so I can easily search chats. I am not aware of any addin that does it that works with Outlook 2007. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/...

One "Resume Next" or two?
Suppose I have error handling code similar to the following: Err_MyFunction: on error resume next rst1.close rst2.close I don't want to see an error message from trying to close recordset vars which are already closed. I actually want/expect them to be closed. But of course, depending on where the error occurred, one or both rst vars might still be open when the error handler fires, so I put the "resume next" statement to guard against this eventuality. But suppose both rst vars are already closed when the error handler fires? In this case, both close state...

General Posting Journal Modifications
How do I modify my General Posting Journal so that it will summarize at the account level, but I sitll want to be able to post in detail. What's wrong with the Account Summary report that prints after the General Posting Journal? If that's all you need, then disable the General Posting Journal report. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Vicki" wrote: > How do I modify my General Posting Journal so that...

Pulling data from one cell to another
A column contains people's first name and last seperated by a comma. Ho can I tell excel to pull everything after the comma to B column an leave the first name in Column A? Thank -- inthewa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- intheway's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=672 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26918 intheway, have a look at data text to columns, post back if you need more help on this -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post a...

Breaking up one field into 2 columns and 2 rows
I have a table with 3 columns Totals, SalesOffice and Type. Type contains 4 different entries Cash Contribution, Cash Distribution, Security Contribution and Security Distribution. I want to set the report up like this: SalesOffice Contributions Distributions Net Cash Securities I can't figure out how to get it to display correctly. I've tried using 4 labels with =IIF([Type]="Cash Contribution","[Totals],"") =IIF([Type]="Cash Distribution","[Totals],"") ...

Autocomplete email domain from previous record
Hi All, I have a form with an email address field in which the domain is often the same for each new record. For example, test@domain.com... the "@domain.com" portion is often the same. What I would like to do is somehow have some code that autocompletes just the domain portion from the previous record when the user types the "@" symbol. So, they can then type in "test2" and as soon as they hit the @ symbol it would complete the field with the domain portion from the previous record. Does anyone have a genius way to do this? :-) Thank you for your help!...

joining up files to one database
i got a few files i want to join to gether to make one file, so when i click it, all the tabs are at the bottom of the page? hope you understand that cheers for the help Shed, You'll need to do a Move (Edit, Move or Copy Worksheet) to move each sheet (or a copy of) into a common workbook. Then save that. No magic button. Shortcut: Right click a worksheet tab -- Move or copy worksheet is there too. Or you can tile (Window, Arrange) the two workbooks (get them both on the screen simultaneously), and drag the tab from one workbook to the other. Hold the control to copy instead of m...

Combining data from multiple worksheets into one
I have 4 files with hundreds of worksheets in each file. I need to combine all 700,000 rows of data from all the worksheets in these 4 files into one worksheet to take into Access to append additional data. Is there a way to do this without cutting and pasting the data from each individual worksheet into the single list? I'm using Office 07 and although the data is the same format in each of the worksheets the entries vary in the number of rows from sheet to sheet. Mark This macro will do what you want. The following conditions must be met for this to work. The 4 wor...

IM Payroll transactions into one batch
Hi, I know I'm missing something very basic, so I apoligize ahead of time. I'm trying to adjust a payroll integration to deal with a new set of source data. It was recommended that I start from scratch and reference an existing integration. I have everything i need setup (i think). I have the employee ID, start/end dates, hours, etc mapped correctly. the only problem is that it is trying to create a seperate batch for each payroll transaction instead of creating one batch and putting all the transactions into it. Therefor it only ever integrates the first person in the list and ...

Moving email from one computer to another
How do I transfer email folders from outlook in one computer to outlook in another computer? Thanks in advance Export all your messages to a .pst file from outlook and then import them on the other from that same .pst file. File / Import Export Wizard / Export to a file / Select Personal Folder File ..pst / Select which folder has your mail / Pick the location and the name of the backup file / Then click on FINISH. I hope this helps Thanks "Mickey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:022f01c3c9ac$1a01a860$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do I transfer e...

Next Date given one date
At this time, I cannot use VBA. Here is my objective: For a given treasury note security: Cell A1, Date 6/17/2004 - today's date Cell A2, Date 7/15/1997 - first coupon date I want to identify the "previous coupon date" and "next coupon date" from today's date based on the frequency of the "first coupon date". Logically speaking: * Security pays 2 times each year * Based on first coupon date, pay dates are: 1/15 & 7/15 * Given today is 6/17/04, the next pay date is 7/15/04. * Given today is 6/17/04, the previous pay date is 1/15/04. Can this be...

Re-assign the records from one user to another
Hello, I know that it should be option to re-assign the records on the 'User Definition' screen (under Actions), but when I go into this screen with the SysAdmin role, I don't have this option. Any ideas? Regards, Inna. ...

I need a four sided program to print on one sheet
I need to make a four sided program, front & back to print on 8.5 x 11 sheet Okay - so what's your question? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "debbie hughes" <debbie hughes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9FA1ECD-6405-4690-BCA3-5AD2FE716683@microsoft.com... >I need to make a four sided program, front & back to print on 8.5 x 11 >sheet debbie hughes wrote: > I need to make a four sided program, > front & back to print on 8.5 x 11 sheet ============================== Choose one of the pre-formatted greeting ca...

table import accounts quick journal
how can I import the GL-accounts into the quick journal setup You would have to do this behind the scenes or using Table Import. You must have a lot of accounts to put into it. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Toni" wrote: > how can I import the GL-accounts into the quick journal setup Which table (tables) I have to use. I have a lot of accounts. I only found to set up the ID with the offset account, but I need to import all the other accounts also. Thanks. "Charles Allen" wrote: > You would have to do this behind the scenes or using Table Import. You must > ha...

Forcing all outbound mail through one account
I have two ISP's, NTL and BT, so I have to IMO accounts, NTL and BT, in my Office 2003. I only ever connect through BT these days, so I can receive NTL mail (password authenticated) but not send NTL mail (IP address authentication). Is there a way that I can force replies to mail that came in via the NTL account to go out through the BT account? I would expect the origin of the replies to be my BT email address, and that is fine. I can force this change manually, by selecting the account once I'm in the reply, but I'd prefer to automate this task. -- Steve Swift http://ww...

Mailbox for User in trusted NT domain
Hi. Wi habe Ex2k migrated from Ex5.5 and made object replication with ADC. ADC created disabled user accounts for mailboxes with prjimary NT-accounts in a trusted Windows NT - domain. After comnplete replication I uninstalled ADC. How can I manually create accounts in ADS corresponding to new accounts that have been created in the trusted windows NT domain after uninstalling the ADC. I think there must be a way but I could not find out one. Thanks and regards Guenther Ruehmann You should have been running ADMT in conjunction with the ADC so that you could first migrate all of your NT acco...

run more than one web site on 1 Apache HTTP server
Currently we have one publisher web site on the Apache HTTP server. We have another web site we want to point to the same server. How do we set this up to have 2 webs sites point to the same server.? I need instructions please. Newsgroups are great for finding assistance. Two things you should realize though - 1) post to a forum relevant to the topic, and 2) only post the question once. -- David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP Visit www.davidbartosik.com for Publisher and Web Design Tips and How-to's. "Michelle" <barshaybkr@msn.com> wrote in message news:00de01c37c63$69170a...

email AWAYS from one account even I tell it to use another email
I'm using Outlook 2003 fully patched, ok I haven't patched the French grammer checker and the infopath (neither of which I use) on Win XP Home SP2 fully patched. Anyhow, all my emails going out are showing up in the sent box with an incorrect email address. When I Create a New Message, one of the first things I do is select which email account the email message is to go out from. I'm selecting my pop3 email account. (The check mark is beside the pop3 account!) I type in my message, press the send button, and the email shows up in my sent box with a hotmail account on ...

Forwarding on both domains
Hello, I have a couple of users which need to have mail in 2 different domains. Is it possible to forward the mail between these 2 domains and not create a loop? user@domain1 needs to forward to user@domain2 user@domain2 needs to forward to user@domain1 Any help appreciated. Arp Hiemstra I don't see how a loop can be avoided. Why can't the user just logon to one account consistently so you remove one half of the forwarding issue, i.e. Logon to domain 1 so only forward from domain2. Nue "Arp Hiemstra" <ArpHiemstra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

make journal entry for a contact that is open
For managing my business contacts, I like Outlook 2003 functionality better than 2007. How would I safely go about going back to 2003 (I have the cd) without loosing my data. I recently bought and upgraded to Outlook 2007 and don't like it as well. Back up the PST, uninstall outlook 2007, reboot, install 2003. Note that if you are using Office, you'll lose some functionally if the versions don't match. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by ...

Move workstations to new domain
I have some Windows XP & Vista workstations that I need to remove from a windows 2003 SBS domain and join them to a new Windows 2008 SBS domain. Is there an way to keep their existing user profile after I join the workstions to the new domain so their desktop settings, favorites and applications look and work the same. The original SBS 2003 server died before I was able to do A migration. Regards Mark Hi Mark: There is a third party app that will move these settings, but it is not free, and for a small domain I would do it manually. I have seen a manual move work a...

How to combine two reports in one chart
I'm working on a shipping report that includes 3 different shipping regions. I created new reports for each region and now I want them to be in one common chart. How do I do that? Byron720;575293 Wrote: > I'm working on a shipping report that includes 3 different shipping > regions. > I created new reports for each region and now I want them to be in one > common > chart. How do I do that? create a table that consolidates your three reports and base the chart on that table. -- teylyn Telyn -- 'teylyn.posterous.com' (http://teylyn.pos...

match one cell for another one that contains it
I'm trying to do a true/false for a cell that contains info from another cell: A1 = auto A2 = automobile This is the closest as I can get: =ISNUMBER(MATCH("A1",E2,0)) I don't know how to do a "contains" function where all of A2 contains part of A1 to set it to True. Thanks in advance for the help! This forum is great! -- krayziez ------------------------------------------------------------------------ krayziez's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34891 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?thre...

how to forward mail to correct domains and Exch servers,
We have an NT 4 domain (call it "NT4") and a new AD domain (call it "AD"). Domain NT4 is NT 4 with Exchange 5.5. New domain AD with Windows 2003 and very soon Exchange 2003. We have one Internet domain name ("abc.com"). How can we have mail sent to user@abc.com get routed to the correct Exchange server on the correct domain? Currently our firewall passes all SMTP traffic to the NT4 Exchange 5.5 server. I'm thinking the answer is the ADC, but will this work between two different (but trusting) domains? If this is the answer, does the ADC end up "ins...

mail destined for one recipient als goes to another users mailbox
Hi all, Has anyone come across this; the mail destined for one recipient A also goes to another users mailbox B. The email is definatly not destined for B's mailbox as there's nothing in the reference to user b in the header. There's no rules set up, There's no forwarding. This is only happening to one user (A). Can anyone think of a reason for this? Any help would be much appreciated. ...