Is there a way to import another priv1.edb, priv1.stm

My Domain controller took a bad crash and want to know if
there is a way to import my old .edb or .stm databases
for exchange?

I didn't have a chance to export them before it took a
dive

Please help
0
anonymous (74722)

http://www.ontrack.com/powercontrols/

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"Exchange 1" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Domain controller took a bad crash and want to know if
> there is a way to import my old .edb or .stm databases
> for exchange?
>
> I didn't have a chance to export them before it took a
> dive
>
> Please help

0
neil.hobson (1158)

Mail deliver to another similar domain
Hi there, I am running Exchange 2000 on my Windows 2000 server for my domain (say "ross.com"). On Internet, there is another similar domain name called "russ.com" owned by another one who is a home business owner. The problem is: Many of my customers sometimes intend to send emails to my company at someone@ross.com, but by mis-typing, they actually send to someone@russ.com. Unfortunately, the russ.com domain does have a email server, and my customers (or potential) can't realize their emails won't deliver to me. On the other hand, inside of my network, some of my em...

Copying inbox from one account to another on exchange 2003
Hi I need to copy the inbox of user from one account to another account. Is there a way to do that? I tried copying to the public folder then copying from public to new account - but the dates changed to todays date for all emails! Any thoughts? Use PSTs. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Ali" <Ali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B67F087A-39D7-4DBA-947D-F20F63574952@microsoft.com... > Hi > I need to copy the inbox of user from one account to another account. Is > t...

OL2007+Exchange: Sent items disappear if i move them to another folder...!
I'm seeing a very strange issue with my Outlook2007 (against Exchange)... Sent items disappear if i move them to another folder...! Steps: 1. Send an email. Sent email gets saved under Outlook's default "Mailbox\SentItems" folder. 2. Go to that SentItems folder, and move the mail to another folder (let's say "Foobar") under your inbox. 3. Go to "Foobar", make sure mail is still there. 4. Let Outlook Sync up with Exchange server (or hit "Send and Receive"). 5. You will notice that the mail disappears... ! I did a full text search in my ...

How do you import data from one Excel document to another?
Hey everyone, I work at a school and I'm trying to update their attendance reports from hand written to excel, but I'm running into several problems. For one, I need it to be able to calculate how many "Ab"s (absents) there are in the worksheet (for the individual student's attendance page). And THEN, I need to have the sum show up on a completely new document (for the overall attendance report). Is that possible? I've fooled around with data importing and several other things, but I'm just too new at this. If what I'm asking is possible, can anyone he...

List details in another sheet
Hi, I have a sheet "Data" with transactions by customer. Column A has the Customer ID. In another sheet called "By Customer", the user selects from a drop down a Customer ID, and clicks a button. What I want for this button is to run a macro to get in a 3rd sheet, "Transactions", columns B, C, D and E from the Data sheet, for the selected customer ID. Is that possible? Can somebody help? Thanks, Cecilia Use VLOOKUP http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-vlookup-formula.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Chechu" <cecichi9@hotma...

Import contacts from Public Folder into Address List
Hi, we had an Address List that mysteriously disappeared. I have been able to restore its contents into a Public Folder of the same name as it was published as such. Now I have a Public Folder full on contacts but I need to move them back to the Address List which has been recreated but is now empty. Does amyone know how I may go about this? Thanks Simon Sorry, we are running Exchange 2003 Standard. Thanks "Simon" wrote: > Hi, > we had an Address List that mysteriously disappeared. I have been able to > restore its contents into a Public Folder of the same name as i...

Is there a way to automatically put the $ sign into the formula?
I want to turn this =A1 into =$A$1. How is the best way of doing this. Is there a shortcut....keyboard stroke to do this?? Hit [F4] several times and watch the results. Micky "hrb_2001" wrote: > I want to turn this =A1 into =$A$1. > How is the best way of doing this. Is there a shortcut....keyboard stroke to > do this?? > Hi, Enter =A1 then tap F4 Repeated taps of F4 scroll through the referencing options -- Mike When competing hypotheses are equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently an...

Problems shelling another application
I am not sure what is going on with this so I am not sure what to ask. I'll just share my experience and maybe somebody can point out what I am doing wrong. I am attempting to launch another application from my VB app. The code to launch the other app is just a simple shell call (lngProcID = Shell(strAppPath)). The call to Shell does return a value but the app does not appear to have been started (does not show up visually and is not in task manager). Using the value held in strAppPath in the Run dialog (Start->Run) starts the app just fine. I figure this has to be some ...

import dll
Might be a simple question, but the sources i've read don't state it explicitly: If I use *import* to import a .dll into my vc++ mfc project and build my exe, does the user's machine still need that dll file? Yes. "m rafala" <rafala m@cadmus.com> wrote in message news:umu0Vqy6DHA.2460@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Might be a simple question, but the sources i've read don't state it > explicitly: > > If I use *import* to import a .dll into my vc++ mfc project and build my > exe, does the user's machine still need that dll file? > > ...

Import data from Money 2002 to Excel
Hi, I'd like to import some transactions history from Money 2002 into Excel. Does anybody know how I can do this? Thx. In microsoft.public.money, Nick wrote: >Hi, > >I'd like to import some transactions history from Money >2002 into Excel. Does anybody know how I can do this? Prepare a report in Money and right-click into it. You can copy and paste or choose Export.... For more sophisticated information access, search Google for Moneylink. ...

macro-import another xls file
Hi, i need a macro to import another xls file.When i run macro i need a window to appear and to browse to the file i need to import. I allways open another file, so i want to browse for the file. Can this be done? Thanks! Try some code like the following: Sub AAA() Dim FName As Variant Dim Filter As String ' Excel 2003 workbooks Filter = "Excel Files (*.xls),*.xls" ' Excel 2007 workbooks workbooks Filter = "Excel Files (*.xlsx;*.xlsm;*.xlsb),*.xlsx;*.xlsm;*.xlsb" ' Excel 2003 and 2007 Filter = "Excel Files (*.xls;*.xlsx;*.xlsm;*.xlsb),*...

Is Auto Expansion (i.e., wrap text) of a cell possible when the cell's contents are based on another cell?
I am trying to display the results from one tab (Tab 1) in another (Tab 2). So, for example, tab 2 contains the formula "=Tab1!A2". However, when the results are too large to fit the cell in tab 2 (i.e., the cell that contains a formula that draws from a cell in tab 1), the wrap text feature does not work unless i first double click in the cell in tab 2. Is there any way around this? Can the wrap text feature work automatically somehow? Or will i need to double click in every cell that contains text that doesn't fit into the cell. Thanks for any suggestions, or VBA code, th...

how do I "point" to another global.mpt file in MS Project 2007?
we created a number of filters and maps in Project 2003. Can I point my Project 2007 to that existing Global.mpt file referenced by Organizer? Hi, You can only select the Global.mpt when you startup Project. The surest method is to start Project by double-clicking the Global.mpt icon itself Proejct will tell you (twice!!) that you cannot open a Global.mpt but by replying OK twice Project is open with the right global. Another way, without useless warning messages is to open Project by double-clicking an .mpp file stored IN THE EXACT SAME FOLDER as the desired global. ...

Add values in a column according to value in another column
How can I add the values in a column according to values in another column? If there is any value in a row in column B, I want to include the value of the corresponding row in column A. I'm flexible as to whether this is ANY value (i.e. not empty) or greater than zero. Hi Paul Maybe something like this =IF(B1="","",IF(B1>0,B1+A1)) Regards Cimjet "Paul Kaye" <paulmjkaye@gmail.com> wrote in message news:05befaf3-9ba8-48c8-aebb-654f0269d1dc@34g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > How can I add the values in a column according to values in another > colu...

Check this important pack
--pzjhsbtbubmrf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yzosxialgcaog"; type="multipart/alternative" --yzosxialgcaog Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="jqfzlzeiexnbeit" --jqfzlzeiexnbeit Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install...

Help!!!Very Important. others can see your emails!!!
I just noticed that if you are in an organization, using outlook,when you click on Addressbook button and type in someones name from Global Addres list, then hit the Properties button, then hit the personal Address Book, then hit the Activities tab, you can see that persons' entire emails. How can I stop that, so no one can see my mails? What you're looking at are the items in **your** Outlook folders related to that person. That's perfectly normal. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and...

Importing Unicode Text File
Hi, I have a CSV (comma seperated) text file. The text in this file is Unicode (UTF-8). I can open the file in Notepad and, if I use a Unicode font, see the characters are correct in my text file. However, when I try to open this in Excel, it gets mangled- -the Japanese characters get converted into jibberish. I've tried opening a blank file, then using "Import External Data", but the Japanese characters in the file still wind up getting corrupted. What's BETTER is to change the "File Origin" to something other than my default of Windows(ANSI) to someth...

Auto copy dates from one cell to another
I have a multiple page worksheet. In A8 is for the Employee Name and in B8 is for the date. I would like for this information to automatically be placed at A96 and B96 which is the top of the second page within the worksheet and so on for the remainder of the pages. Position cursor in cell A96 and enter the formula: =A$8, and in B96 the formula =B$8 Copy these two cells to the appropriate cells on the other "pages" of your worksheet. Pete Hi Kelly, In cell A96 you fill out the formula =A8 In cell B96 you fill out the formula =B8 this formula tells excel to take the val...

Where is the "Importance: High" icon?
The "Importance: High" icon has disappeared from my toolbar. I know how to customize a toolbar, but am unable to find it to add it back. Open a new email. Click on View > Toolbars. Make sure the Standard Toolbar is checked. "LEW" <LEW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:904E5568-652F-496A-8CC3-39E7B6731183@microsoft.com... > The "Importance: High" icon has disappeared from my toolbar. I know how to > customize a toolbar, but am unable to find it to add it back. ...

Will another CWinThread object get from main thread's messages
Hi all, My case is like this: I have two threads, which are both CWinThread object, one of them is main thread. When that non-main thread starts, it will enter the thread work function--_AfxThreadEntry, which is one private method MFC provides. During this method is called, m_pMainWnd, the member of this thread, will be attached to the main window of my application. My question is: If the two message loops are both running, which thread will get the message sent to the main window? If the message loop of one thread is ahead of another, what is the result again? Thanks a lot. Robert ...

Publisher 03 XP crashes when importing graphics
Why does Publisher 2003 XP crash when importing certain graphics? It also failed to print the picture (when it finally let the pic import), even tho I saw it on the screen! Clip art also not working..... Please explain what you mean by "clip art also not working". -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "susie" <susie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D26C137E-DFEE-4955-8180-495C9F1E5E59@microsoft.com... > Why does Publisher 2003 XP crash when importing certain graphics? > It also failed to print the picture (when it finally let the pic ...

How do I import e-mail files into Microsoft Publisher 2003?
I receive files thru the internet that I need to get into publisher and change the size, or add data. How do I save them to get them into Publisher? How do I get Word files into Publisher for editing? Thank You Copy/Paste. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Publisher Fan" <Publisher Fan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94B237A1-C5C9-4E51-9AAF-37DC119EFBB2@microsoft.com... >I receive files thru the internet that I need to get into publisher and > change the size, or add data. How do I save them to get them into > Publisher? > How do I get Word files...

create a button when pressed it will +1 to another field
Customer Survey- When a button or cell is pressed once it will add 1 to another existing field and every time it is pressed it will add another 1. Private Sub Commandbutton1_Click() Dim myRange as Range Dim myNumber as Long Set myRange =3D ActiveSheet.Range("a5") '<=3D=3D change myNumber =3D myRange.Value myNumber =3D myNumber + 1 myRange.Value =3D myNumber End Sub susan On Nov 24, 9:25=A0am, mswisher <mswis...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Customer Survey- When a button or cell is pressed once it will...

Flag messages upon receipt of another message.
Hello, I'm on a small team (6-8 contacts) of people that receive messages from a supervisor that have to be responded to in order. The company doesn't want to set up a shared inbox for some reason, but I'm hoping to make things easier with what we have. I have these messages flagged as they come in, and when someone has completed them, they send out a message saying that all the cases are complete as of the time of the message. I've got these flagged as they come in also. My question is would there be a way to flag all messages in a folder complete when a messag...

Compact priv1.edb
I have had my users archive their mailboxes however the priv1.edb has not been reduced in size. What do I need to do to compact the priv1.edb file? Offline defragmentation using eseutil. However, this may not be necessary unless there is a large amount of data involved or at least a large proportion of your total data. Nue "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F343C857-FA2A-48BA-B0EC-9F236BDB531C@microsoft.com... >I have had my users archive their mailboxes however the priv1.edb has not > been reduced in size. What do I need to do to compac...