IS Symantec Antivirus safe on exchange 2003

Hi

Is it safe to install Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition 10 on the
Exchange server 2003??? Won't it interfere with my ports 25 and 110....

I allready have Symantec For Microsoft Exchange installed on the server...

thanks

pls refer to symantec's doc, it clearly stated which files you need to avoid
scanning from SAVCE10

"Craig from Huguenot" <CraigfromHuguenot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:5BED181A-4DE5-4B2E-93E8-6969AF7F9B44@microsoft.com...
> Hi
>
> Is it safe to install Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition 10 on the
> Exchange server 2003??? Won't it interfere with my ports 25 and 110....
>
> I allready have Symantec For Microsoft Exchange installed on the server...
>
> thanks

0
leemutpo (79)
5/15/2006 8:23:57 AM
What version of Exchange? AV for exchange is usually an agent or plug in
that requires the base V to be installed. The only concern I'd have
would be that you exclude the Exchange data stores and log files from
being scanned...

Regards,
Hank Arnold

Craig from Huguenot wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is it safe to install Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition 10 on the
> Exchange server 2003??? Won't it interfere with my ports 25 and 110....
>
> I allready have Symantec For Microsoft Exchange installed on the server...
>
> thanks
0
rasilon1 (689)
5/15/2006 8:25:22 AM
thanks hank.

"Hank Arnold" wrote:

> What version of Exchange? AV for exchange is usually an agent or plug in
> that requires the base V to be installed. The only concern I'd have
> would be that you exclude the Exchange data stores and log files from
> being scanned...
>
> Regards,
> Hank Arnold
>
> Craig from Huguenot wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Is it safe to install Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition 10 on the
> > Exchange server 2003??? Won't it interfere with my ports 25 and 110....
> >
> > I allready have Symantec For Microsoft Exchange installed on the server...
> >
> > thanks

Outlook 2003 #108
I receive the following error messages when sending mail using Outlook: "Can't contact LDAP Directory Server (81)" Encryption problems "Microsoft Office Outlook had problems encrypting this message because the following recipients had missing or invalid certificates or conflicting encryption capabilities: Marjorie.Walters@state.sd.us Continue will encrypt and send message but the listed recipients may not be able to read it. Microsoft Office Word: "An error occured in the underlying security system." "LDAP Directory is unavailable (52)" How ...

Outlook 2003 Newsgroups and Business Manager
Hi, I've Outlook 2003 and I tried to use it to read newsgroups, using the customize in the menu bar and putting the option news on the go menu. It worked, but only the first time. The optino news now disapeared from the menu go, and from the customize. Where it go? I tried to repair and don't fix. Another thing is the Business Manager that I installed I think version beta, that crashes often, but I imagine that we can't have a solution on that without more info. Thanks Joao Bras Hi - I have the identical application - and the identical problem. I used the following work-arou...

XML and PivotTables on Excel 2003
Hi, I've got an enormous XML file I'm attempting analyze through pivot tables. For small versions of the file, I can load the whole thing into the worksheet, and construct a Pivot table from the list. But I have a file that is large enough to go far beyond the worksheet size limitations in Excel (64K rows). I've tried loading my XML into Access, but that doesn't seem to give me anything meaningful. (It seems to remove the hierarchy from the XML). I'd like an "XML Datasource" option to Pivot table, but that doesn't seem to be available. Can anyone gi...

Exchange / AD bug in limits?
I want to remove a user's access to sending/receiving email. In the user's Active Directory account, I set the sending/receiving limits to 0kb. This prevents the user from receiving email, from the internet and from authenticated users. This *DOES NOT* prevent the user from sending email. This *DOES* allow the user to send *as large of an email* as they want. 10TB if they wanted to. I've tested this on two separate Exchange servers in separate non-connected domains. Duplicate results. The next method for preventing a user from sending mail is to try recipient limits. ...

Extract and count unique entries in a list (Excel 2003)
I have a list of items (all text strings, but some rows are blank) in column A. I want to extract a list of all the unique text strings and to count how many occurrences there are of each one. I've had a look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#CountingUnique but it doesn't quite do what I want. Any help would be gratefully received. Gavin Hi if this is a one-time operation try to use 'Data - filter - Advanced Filter' and check 'Unique entries' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "gavin" <no-one@home.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag n...

Exchange tabs missing on 2 other 2003 DC's
I have a simple question (I hope) I used to have a 2000 GC with exchange 2000 on it. I have now moved to a 2003 domain and have migrated to Exchange 2003. This is all on 1 server, and I know "now" that having the GC on the Exchange server is not a good idea (but we all make due on a limited budget). I have just recently added 2 DC in a hope to move the GC off of the exchange server. Here is my question: Why are the Exchange tabs missing from the 2 other DC’s? I was under the impression that I did not have to install the Exchange management tools on the other DC’s. If this...

Can I Edit The View In Outlook 2003 CalendarTo Be A Six Day Week
I know the choices up top are for a five and seven day week, but I'd like to see Monday through Saturday excluding just Sunday. Can I customize the view and am just missing it? TIA! On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 15:08:17 -0500, Pulu wrote: >I know the choices up top are for a five and seven day week, but I'd >like to see Monday through Saturday excluding just Sunday. Can I >customize the view and am just missing it? > >TIA! Think I got it, Alt-6! I'll try the Alt+6, but I usually have four days in my calendar view, and I highlight the range of days in the...

SBS and Exchange Router
Hi everyone, I am installing CRM on a SBS machine. during the exchange router installation I should specify the website for the instalation and the installation directory. In the MOC they are using the Mircosoft CRM Version 1.2 as the website (IIS) and C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM as the installation directory for the installation of the exchange router, but this will override the files installed by MSCRM???? because during MSCRM installation we also specify the Mircosoft CRM Version 1.2 as the website (IIS) and C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM as the installation directory. could u hel...

Migrating to Exchange 2003 Test
I am trying to go to Exchange 2003 (test environment) Here is my senerio Ser-1 Domain controler AD & global catalog server (W2K) Ser-2 Exchange-2000 with restored database (W2K) Ser-3 Exchange-2003 (W2K3) did run forestprep and domainprep before I installed Exchange 2003 no errors. I am always logged on as administrator to the domain on any server, & al Exchange services are running. Problem: No event log errors system or Application on any server Ser-2 I can see the mailboxes from Ser-2 and Ser-3 Ser-3 I can see the mailboxes from Ser-3 but not from Ser-2 The info. store is not moun...

Exchange 2003 #20
I'm using Veritas Backup Exec 9.1 on a W2k Server to backup Exchange 2003. I am unable to get a backup of our Public folders and and mailboxes. When the Public Folders get backed-up it tells me that there are 67 corrupt files. It then backs-up the mailboxes and tells me that 10,751 files were skipped and 1 file was corrupt. All other backups ok fine and are successful. How can I get a backups of our mailboxes and public folders? It this an issue with Veritas backup exec or Exchange? This has only occured since I migrated from exchange 2000 to 2003 Cheers Did you install all Verita...

Faster Exchange Performance?
Hello all! I just installed Exchange 2003 into my organization, and moved all of my 5.5 mail boxes to it. I am trying to optimize my Exchange 2003 Server as much as I can. It's a Dell Dual P4 with 2 Gig of Ram, and a Hardware Raid 5 with 2 Logical Drive (C: and D:). I have all of my exchsrv data on the D: Drive, and my First Storage Group is already at 22 Gigs (We are a library, and all email must be maintained for 5 years because it's public record). Do you think if I made additional Storage Groups on the D: and move mail boxes into them, Id see some performance increases? How m...

Why does "windows in taskbar" not work in excel 2003
I am running Excel 2003 on WindowsXP Pro and the Windows in Taskbar does not work. Sometimes the Excel icon in the taskbar will disapear when you click on it; I have to click Alt+Tab in order to see and get to the open Excel session at that point. I ran Excel /regserver and Detect and repair and no luck. Try: Tools > Options > View and ensure Windows In Taskbar is checked. HTH hey DNA, Thanks for the reply but it doesn't work. basically when I turn it off and apply and then switch it back on it works but when Excel is closed and reopend, it no longer works. Anybody? &...

Exchange 2003 computer account
I am running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 network (AD). One of my admins was trying to test the exchange restore, but he screwed up. He setup a test network, isolated from production network. He tried to do restore from tape, etc, etc. I still don't know exactly what he did, but our production exchange is not part of network anymore.. I notice the Exchange server name was missing from Exchange Domain Servers groups in AD. So I added back in. The computer name is still in AD. However we cannot login into Exchange server into domain. When I try to do that, I get a message that says: Window...

Outlook 2000 vs 2003
We have a bunch of public folders that our Outlook 2000 users have had no problems seeing or using the views (on an exchange 2003 server). Recently a few random people sometime cannot display a particular public folder, or the view won't filter properly. If you use 2003 under the same account, the everything works perfectly What's the scoop? -Rob T. ...

Calculating age from two date fields-Excel 2003
I'm not sure what section this question should go in. I need to find if a person was 40 years of age or older (= or >) at his Date of Hire. I have two columns, Birth Date and Date of Hire. How would I write a formula to give me this answer? Thanks in advance Try this: A1 = DOB B1 = DOH =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"y")>=40 That will return either TRUE or FALSE -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Veteran of the Software Cycles" <VeteranoftheSoftwareCycles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97B155B5-68F0-49EB-910C-549B84737765@microsoft.com... > I...

Advanced filter poor performance in Excel 2003
I have an advanced filter executed in VBA that worked great until upgrading to Excel 2003. When I put in criteria the first time, the filtering works fine, but when the criteria row is blanked out so that all rows are unhidden, it takes forever for that to happen. I suspect that every formula on the sheet is being recalculated. Is there a technical explanation for why this problem happens now? Is there a way to work around this without setting the sheet calculation option to manual? I've seen slow downs when filtering, but usually showing all the rows is quicker--well at...

Exchange 12 in 2006
Microsoft, I would recommend that you not tie any Operating system specific requirements in order to use Exchange Server 12, unless you want to deal with U.S. government or the Europeans. ...

Exchange 5.5 #21
I have thousands of junk addresses in my quere. How did it get there and how do I get rid of them. Please advise. Thank you. "Cobra" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have thousands of junk addresses in my quere. How did it >get there maybe you're being used as a smtp relay? >and how do I get rid of them. Please advise. stop the ims. delete the file imcdata\queue.dat and the contents of the imcdata\out directory. then restart the ims. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

"Exchange over the Internet" area not displayed
Scenario: Windows XP SP2, Office 2003 Standard SP2. A user is trying to connect to an Exchange 2003 Server via RPC over HTTP. Problem: When the user goes to configure RPC over HTTP, the "Exchange over the Internet" area on the "Connect" tab of the "Microsoft Exchange Server" Properties dialog box is not displayed; only the "Connection" and "Modem" areas are displayed. Any suggestions? Thanks in Advance, Roshan are you using cached mode? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNot...

Clarify from Exchange / AD Experts - Exchange 5.5 to 2003
Background: ------------- Environment 1 - Domain QQQ.COM: Windows 2003 AD and Exchange 2003 and Exchange 5.5 - mixed mode on both OS and mail (non-native - obviously) Environment 2 - Domain ZZZ.COM: Windows 2003 single DC / domain which gets its mail from the Exchange 5.5 Server above (the Exchange 5.5 Server is local to this location - Environment 2 but is actual joined to domain QQQ.CM). Again, the Exchange 5.5 Server in this location is actually part of QQQ.COM domain, but is physically located in the ZZZ.COM Domain. Goal: ----- In Environment 2(second location), change out...

Very strange behavior with contact/email confusion Outlook 2003
On WinXP professional with latest service packs (for office too). I open outlook and create a new email. (Ctl+shift+M) Start typing my name in the 'to' field and it guesses my work email joe.doe@company.com I right click on this email and choose 'Look up outlook contact' and it brings up an old email. Every email I send to this address bears the subject of the email in the 'to' field: "If women ruled the world". If I click 'Add or edit phone numbers' a contact pops up with the subject as the Full name "If women ruled the world" If I type i...

Weird System Undeliverable Messages (Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003) and some Exchange Server errors? Advice?
I'm getting this weird undeliverable error message with about 2 or 3 people now (Cant find much on the way on this online though): Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later, or contact your network administrator. Error is [0x80004005-00000000-00000000]. I had both users turn off "cached" mode.. and so far so good, but this isnt an adequate solution... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx On the Server (Exchange 2003 SP2) I am getting a bunch of errors in the event viewer: EventID 623: Sou...

Is ther a like function RAT() in VBA for Access 2003 as in .net?
Hello, I'm looking for a function in Access 2003 VBA that would act like RAT() fuction in .net. However, it must be called within a query statment. Thanks A Lot. Daniel. What does the RAT( ) function do in .Net? -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. "Something like RAT() Function" wrote: > Hello, > > I'm looking for a function in Access 2003 VBA that would act like RAT() > fuction in .net. However, it must be called within a query statment. > > Thanks A Lot. > > Daniel. instrrev() will suit your needs I bel...

Exchange 5.5 Entourage client
We have an Apple user. Apple OS 10.1.3 Entourage Client 10.1.4 We cannot connect this client internally to an Exchange Server 5.5 server. We have an NT 4.0 domain. Thanks, Steve K. What happens when you try? SteveK wrote: > We have an Apple user. > > Apple OS 10.1.3 > Entourage Client 10.1.4 > > We cannot connect this client internally to an Exchange Server 5.5 server. > > We have an NT 4.0 domain. > > Thanks, > > Steve K. The user gets locked out of the domain. Just read on the Microsoft Web Site that you must have at minimal a Windows 2k SP2 A...

5.5 to 2003 migration gone bad
I was in the middle of a 5.5 to 2003 migration, when a power outage / surge happened. Since then all incoming and outgoing mail ceased to function, and eventually the 5.5 server fails to boot. As of right now I have a current backup of the 5.5 info, but no backup of the 2003 info. However, I can still log into the 2003 server without a problem. I would like to install exchange 2003 on a new server, and somehow move whatever info i can get from the old 2003 server and 5.5 server to get things running again. Any other thought / ideas of how I can get our email up ASAP? ...