IS size increases by 4-6GB in a day

Hello,

We are using Exchange 2000 Server.  The Maximum size limit for Exchange
Database is 16GB-18GB.  We have some 550 e-mail users and all of them have
been allocated 5MB only.  The maximum size of a mail that any user can send
or receive is 3MB.

What happens is, sometimes once in a month or so, the size of the Exchange
Database suddenly shoots up by 4-6GB in a single day and it reaches to its
maximum limit.  Thus, we have to shutdown our Exchange Server and do Offline
Defragmentation.

What is the reason for sudden increase in the database size in a single day?
What might be wrong?

Sometimes our users try to send mails of more than 3MB.  Their mails get
stuck in mailbox.  Can we do something to prevent their mailbox from getting
chocked?

Thanks in Advance,
Regards,
Denis

0
Denis (38)

You're looking at some kind of message loop, virus hit or one of a number of
things going on.
Is the growth still happening (I guess not, otherwise it would have shut
down)?

Look at tonights app event log for the 1221 event and see if the space it
used or whether the space had been allocated and then freed up again. Report
back.
--
Mark Arnold.

"Denis" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are using Exchange 2000 Server.  The Maximum size limit for Exchange
> Database is 16GB-18GB.  We have some 550 e-mail users and all of them have
> been allocated 5MB only.  The maximum size of a mail that any user can send
> or receive is 3MB.
>
> What happens is, sometimes once in a month or so, the size of the Exchange
> Database suddenly shoots up by 4-6GB in a single day and it reaches to its
> maximum limit.  Thus, we have to shutdown our Exchange Server and do Offline
> Defragmentation.
>
> What is the reason for sudden increase in the database size in a single day?
> What might be wrong?
>
> Sometimes our users try to send mails of more than 3MB.  Their mails get
> stuck in mailbox.  Can we do something to prevent their mailbox from getting
> chocked?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Regards,
> Denis

0
mark7219 (5666)

after 4.0 upgrade emails are no longer being associated with cases
We have a workflow rule that automatically fires whenever a new case is created to send an email with the case number, owner, etc. to the customer. When we were running MSCRM 3.0, the automated email would be automatically associated with the case. That is, the Emails regarding field would automatically be filled in with the associated case. After a recent upgrade to 4.0, the workflow rules still fire and emails still get automatically created when a case is created, but the regarding field is blank. Our support reps now have to go into the Contact record, find the automated email, a...

Date Navigator
I use Outlook 2002 ... this just started happening & I do not know what to do to resolve. Any assistance would be appreciated. In Date Navigator portion of Calendar, January 4, 2007 is bolded even though I have no appointments on that day? How can I get this date unbolded? Thank you - EJS ...

Excel #4
I wish to type a series of numbers in a column, such as invoice numbers example: 3-1900, 3-1901 etc. However, whenver I do this, I get the date Mar-00. Any advice? Format the cells as text before entering the invoice number. Janet wrote: > > I wish to type a series of numbers in a column, such as > invoice numbers example: 3-1900, 3-1901 etc. However, > whenver I do this, I get the date Mar-00. Any advice? You can try either formatting the cells as text before you enter your data, or preceed your data with an apostrophe (as in '3-1900). Ed "Janet" <e...

duplicate messages #4
when a user emails a distribution list that the user is a member of, he/she receives the email. is there a way to prevent sending the user the email when he/she sends it to a distribution list that he/she is a member of? Hi I would request you to use RULE option under TOOLS tab menu in Microsoft Outlook. For more information you can get in touch with me at arorarahul2000@hotmail.com "noone" wrote: > when a user emails a distribution list that the user is a member of, he/she > receives the email. > > is there a way to prevent sending the user the email when...

Excel Spreadsheet #4
How do i change a spreadsheet to an A3 size? It's in the printer settings -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "teletubby" <teletubby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0366922A-B1C3-48B4-843F-EF649F76E7F0@microsoft.com... > How do i change a spreadsheet to an A3 size? ...

Duplicate detection #4
Hi, I've created a duplicate detection rule with to criteria : Exact last name And first 20 Character of Company name I thought it would be a AND, so the rule will detect only the Lead that has both criteria but it seems to be a OR. How can I change it to make what I want to do? Thanks, Hi, the only way to do this is create another duplication rule for the second condition... Everything in one rule == AND different rules == OR "Val" wrote: > Hi, > > I've created a duplicate detection rule with to criteria : > Exact last name > And first 20 Character ...

Window sizing
it In GP10 is there a way to size a window and they keep that size the next time it is opened? For example I open the cash receipts apply window 30 times a day. And each time I have to size to fit the screen. What am I missing? John Trax John, You would need to either write some VBA to have the window open Maximized or you can use modifier to reset the window size. If you use Modifier to reset the window size you will need to manually resize the fields though so it would end up being tedious. -- Lorren Consulting Technology Lead WennSoft Inc. The views or opinions expressed in th...

File size larger than expected
My relatively small shared workbook seems to have grown to 11MG overnight. I have tried to delete the unused rows and columns but keep getting an error about too much data. Is there anyway to set the last row/column or cell without deleting these? Maybe you can delete smaller chunks of rows and columns and do it multiple times. Debra Dalgleish once asked a user who complained about the size of a workbook growing too fast: Do you copy from the web and paste into your workbook. (Paraphrased). Her thought was that maybe you were copying shapes/pictures/objects and pasting them, too. ca...

What size should a short be when viewed from the debugger
Hi, I have some code that uses a dictionary containing shorts as the values stored in the keys. As an example: Dictionary<string, short> shortMap = new Dictionary<string, short>(); shortMap.Add("first", (short)0xef43); When I look at the contents of this dictionary in the debugger, I see "0xffffef43" instead of "0xef43". Why is this? This is making me think that the system is looking at a 32 bit quantity rather than a 16 bit. Thanks, Andy Are you sure you don't run previously compiled code. 0xef43 can't be converted to ...

Is there maximum library size for WMP 11?
I've just added 3 albums to huge library of CD's and WMP 11 wont add them Tried adding folder seperately but no joy Is there maximum library size for WMP 11 For anyone struggling to add album to the library i found cure Click "Folder" Icon in left hand pane > from there you can navigate directly to the album/folder and force it to 'find album info' "JethroUK´┐Ż" <reply@the.board> wrote in message news:OWVPEn7kKHA.4500@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I've just added 3 albums to huge library of CD's and WMP 11 wont add the...

Things that have gone wrong with my Money file in the past 2 days
1. My two bank accounts that download statements via the MSN Money website (which in turn uses the Yodlee service) stopped updating both on the website and within Money. The error message said to fix it I needed to stop using the "online services" then reenable it, but when I did, I received an "Account setup is unavaiable" message on one of the two accounts. I did this 4 or 5 times, for kicks. Finally today I got them both to work.. for now. 2. The starting balances of two other bank accounts conveniently reset themeslves from one value to another, seemingly randomly, ...

Cannot set client area to desired size with MoveWindow
Hi: I have a dialg box (no menu bar) and I would like to set the client area to a specific size to display picture. I call MoveWindow(x,y,cx,cy) from the OnInitDialog(). cx is set to the sum of the desired client area width + 2*GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXSIZEFRAME) + GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXHSCROLL) cy is set to the sum of the desired client area height + 2*GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYSIZEFRAME) + GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYCAPTION) + GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXVSCROLL). However, when I check the size of the client area by calling GetClientArea() after MoveWindow(), it seems that the client area always in...

How do you change the size of the Excel worksheet name tabs?
In the future, would you please place your message in the body of the post instead of just using the subject line. As to your question, check out this old post: http://tinyurl.com/burl7 -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Buddy" <Buddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E365358-6821-43C2-8421-019310B16F58@microsoft.com... > "Buddy" <Buddy...

Is there a size limit for putting a excel webpage online?
I took a large spreadsheet with an autofilter in place and created a webpage from it, but have never been able to get it to work after putting it online. Where can I help on this subject? I sent it to someone else who sd he would try something and he sd it was too big for frontpage. I put all my CDs in software to get info on them then exported to a txt file, then put that in excel and tweeked it and put in the filter. It's around 3450 rows long (to give some reference) Thanks, Pull ...

How do I change the day a week starts on in a publisher calendar
In the Control Panel open the Regional and Language Options, change to your region. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F81FC52-ED0D-4FC3-BCED-05F72495DF61@microsoft.com... > ...

Chart PageSetup Size Speed VBA
Hi folks, I am completing an Excel VBA project that creates custom chart sizes from a Library of existing pre-formatted charts by using the Move or Copy Sheet method from the Library file to the current "datafile" (two separate files. No problems so far. I am sizing for PPT and various sizes for Word. Two word sizes require me to reset the Margins to make the page big enough for me to fit a ChartArea on it at the correct size (measured in Points that are translated from Inches). This all works but the following function for re-sizing slows me down in the following code Public F...

Hyperlinks in Excel #4
Using Excel 2000 is there a way to remove hyperlinks such that the background formatting is not also removed? I have a user who needs to remove hyperlinks from e-mail addresses, in a list, and when she does, all the formatting (font, borders, shading, etc.) is also removed. - Thanks. -- LPS I'm assuming that the user is running a macro that looks essentially like this: Selection.hyperlinks.delete If you really wanted, you could find out all the formatting for each of those cells, remove the hyperlink and then reapply the formatting. Myself? I'd just reapply the formatting tha...

AfxBeginThread failure
In an MFC pgm under VS2005sp1, I am creating a worker thread using AfxBeginThread. Under certain circumstances which I can't quite pin down, AfxBeginThread returns NULL, indicating it has failed. Is there any way I can find out the cause of the failure, such as an error code? I have tried tracing through the code with the debugger, but what is apparently detecting the error condition is in MS code for which I don't have the source. My specific code is CWinThread* pThread=AfxBeginThread(MyControlFunction,&ti,0/*priority*/, 230000000/*stack size*/); and a test for pThread==NULL im...

Outlook shuts down #4
Hi I have Outlook 2003 under XP with Hauri anti virus all updated. I have several spam msgs in the inbox and if I highlight them to delet or move the pgm shuts off immediately every time. Any clues? Thanks ...Lyl ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

CRM 4.0 MSDN
I noticed that 4.0 has been posted on MSDN but has anyone found where to access the install codes? On Jan 15, 5:39=A0pm, dmn8 <d...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I noticed that 4.0 has been posted on MSDN but has anyone found where to > access the install codes? You can download CRM 4.0 here : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?DisplayLang=3Den&nr=3D20&fre= etext=3DCRM&sortCriteria=3Ddate If you mean the license keys, then they haven't been released yet :( -- Robert MacLean http://www.sadev.co.za "dmn8" wrote: > I noticed that...

offline defrag did not reduce STM database size
Exchange 2003 Mailstore archiving all inbound/outbound messages into a custom MailArchiver mailbox. Offline defrag reduced EDB size (from 7Gb to 1.8Gb) but STM size stayed the same at 110Gb. There're only MAPI clients using this store, and no Mac Entourage clients. Reported from the Store are MailArchiver 25 items / 287 Kbytes System Mailbox 402 items / 363 Kbytes i.e. the target MailArchiver is reported with 287Kbytes, so where is the discrepancy between this size and 110Gb? Resetting "Deletion settings" on Limits tab to zero value for both "Keep deleted items for ...

Formula?
Hi, I have my data set up the following way - the columns refer to th month and the rows are the different projects I'm tracking. Projec "A" has data in months Jan-Oct (10 values), while Project "B" has dat in months Jan, March, July, August & Sept (5 values)-the missing month are blank. Is there a way get the average of the last 4 values fo each project? Maybe using a count function? thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if your values are in A1:J1 use the following array formula (entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER) =AVERAGE(OFFSET(J1,0,0,1,-...

Increasing range for autofilter?
Is there anyway to increase the range of the autofilter without havin to use advanced filter? I have about 3,000 lines in my spreadsheet s far and its only showing about the first 1,000 of the category chosen If I must use advanced filter is there a link I can go to that wil show me. I am having trouble understanding the guide in Excel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Have a look here: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits -- Andy. "jkb724 >" <<jkb724.19ui1p@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jkb724.19ui1p@excelforum-...

Exchange 2000 mailbox size
I have a user who will soon reach 2gb mailbox. We user exchange 2000 enterprise and Outlook 2003. Are there any limitations that we should impose? Is there a limit for exchange mailbox size? Also if he is using cached mode in outlook does that have any limitations? -- George On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 03:24:01 -0700, George <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a user who will soon reach 2gb mailbox. We user exchange 2000 >enterprise and Outlook 2003. Are there any limitations that we should impose? >Is there a limit for exchange mailbox size? Also if he is using ca...

shared calendars #4
Is there anyway to share a calendar and block out the Personal items? Thanks! Sounds like you're asking if you can share *part* of your Calendar, but not all of it. Unless there is a 3rd Party program, or a Script that would allow this, I don't think it is possible. Give http://www.experts-exchange.com/ a look over. The http://www.theofficeexperts.com/outlook.htm might be able to help too. If the personal items are a question of your integrity, then just get rid of them. GL RW <param@community.nospam> wrote in message news:OW6drXHIGHA.2472@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >...