Is 2003 and open relay by default?

I have recently sent up an exchange 2003 server in our
company. It was a fresh install on a 2003 server which is
also a fresh install.

Is 2003 Exchange an open relay by default? If so, how can
I close it?
0
anonymous (74722)

no. by default it is closed to relaying

"eotrue" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have recently sent up an exchange 2003 server in our
> company. It was a fresh install on a 2003 server which is
> also a fresh install.
>
> Is 2003 Exchange an open relay by default? If so, how can
> I close it?

0
jjd228 (96)

How do I set default stationery for when I click 'Reply'?
I'm setting up Outlook 2003, and have worked out how to set default stationery for new messages. However, can't see how to get it to use this for Replies. HarveyL <HarveyL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm setting up Outlook 2003, and have worked out how to set default > stationery for new messages. However, can't see how to get it to use > this for Replies. Replies always use the format of the original message, including the stationery it used. If it ddn't include any, then the reply won't either. -- Brian Tillman ...

Keeping Office 2004 Apps the Default After Installing 2008
After installing 2008 all my documents are opening by default with the 2008 versions. I'd like to switch this so I have time to adjust and because some programs like Endnote aren't yet compatible with 2008. I'm hoping I don't have to uninstall 2008 until I ready to fully commit. thanks On 2/17/08 1:50 PM, in article ee8dcbe.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "jcchristopher@officeformac.com" <jcchristopher@officeformac.com> wrote: > After installing 2008 all my documents are opening by default with the 2008 > versions. I'd like to switch this so I have time ...

Managed Default Folder for Calendar Items
Does the rules in a managed default folder work for calendar items which are not sent (example a meeting request with no recipients)? ...

created new list, disabled default columns, can't modify
Hi, I created a new list using the tasks template. I've created my own columns and disabled the default ones. Just found out that doing this, I cannot modify anything. Normally, when going into a list, you can click on the default column (title I think) to modify or to get into the information that's there for modifications but because I am only using customized columns, I can't modify anything even though I have full control so it's not a permission issue. Normally what I do is to rename the default "title" list to something else I use and people are...

Stop Win Explorer from opening My Documents?
Can I stop Windows Explorer from opening My Documents everytime I launch it? Better yet, can I make it open the C drive instead? TIA LAS In news:OwsaAJmgKHA.1648@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote: > Can I stop Windows Explorer from opening My Documents everytime I > launch it? > > Better yet, can I make it open the C drive instead? Explorer command line options: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314853 -- Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com Create a desktop shortcut to the C drive. "Laurel"...

Microsoft outlook 2003 and winfax help
Hi, I am trying to set up my outlook so that I can send and email and fax in one operation. I dont know how to send a winfax fax through outlook for that matter. I have tried all these steps listed and still need help/ Can someone tell me how to set faxing up using winfax through outlook 2003. I want it so that I could have a group of people that i could send a fax to and also have an email sent to them. (meaning the same people will receive a fax and email) Please help Thanks Zach These are 2 completely diff operations. You send email through your ISP servers. You send faxes throu...

M; Drive in Exchange 2003
I seemed to have lost my M: drive. How do I get it back? Thanks, Nancy Why do you think you need it? Nancy wrote: > I seemed to have lost my M: drive. How do I get it back? > > Thanks, > Nancy -- Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain. http://spf.pobox.com Don't I need it for backing up my Mailboxes? We are using Veritas Backup Exec 9.1. If I don't need it then I won't worry about it. Thanks, Nancy >-----Original Message----- >Why do you think you need it? > >Nancy wrote: > >> I seemed to have lost my M: drive. ...

Exclude a Domain Admin from having admin rights in an Exchange 2003 environment?
Is there any way to exclude a Domain Admin from having admin rights in an Exchange 2003 environment? I need to be able to make it so they cannot add themselves back in to have control. This is all in a single domain. Seems to me you have a bigger problem on your hands. Sure you can remove the Domain Admins from having permissions in Exchange, but the problem is that you can't stop them from adding their accounts to a group that *does* have permissions, or changing the password on an account that has permissions so that they can grant themselves permissions. To quote Ed Crowley:...

Date format Workbooks Open
I have an application which saves the output to .xls format. If I open the file from Excel, I get the Text Import Wizard. There is a date/time column in format dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm However, If I use Application.Workbooks.Open to open the file, the date/time column is in format dd/mm/yy hh:mm ie the yyyy is shortened to 2 digits. Manually clicking into a cell and pressing enter updates the cell, as does Text to Columns. I have recorded some code to use Data>Text to Columns, but running the code does nothing. If the dates are in column L, the code is as follows: ...

outloor error when first open outlook
when I open Outlook I get this error... Ther ewas a problem reading one or more of your reminders. some reminders may not appear. cannot locate reccurance information for this appointment. please HELP! *CS lpgtweety@yahoo.com ...

Opening file from the internet
Hi, I have an app that has a registered document type with windows. When I click a link to a document of this type on a web page and choose "open" Windows downloads the file and starts up my app. The file that it gives me is in a temporary directory, and I can see the file if a navigate to it through a console window, but I can't open the file in my application using fopen() or with CArchive. It is as though the document doesn't exist or I don't have permission to open it. Can anyone help... Cheers David David, > I have an app that has a registered document ...

Check the installed number of CALs in Exchange Enterpr 2003 SP2
Hi, I want to verify the number of CAL/UAL installed currently in the Exchange Enterprize edition server. I have no clue how many initial licenses were installed or came with the server. I want to check what we have and then plan additional purchase according to my needs. I hate to mention that there is no information out anywhere to verify the number of actual UAL on server. My License Logging Service is disabled and MS recommends leaving it that way. DK In news:CAD4058A-E9C7-4B28-A150-745E58870A49@microsoft.com, DKA <DKA@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > I want ...

Outlook 2003 Focus Problem
I've noticed a few other people here with similar problems and I'm wondering if anyone's come up with a solution yet: It used to be that when I awoke Outlook 2003 from its nap in my system tray and typed Alt+3 or clicked the "Contacts" button, the focus used to shift immediately to the right-hand pane whereupon I could begin typing the name of the contact I was seeking and OL would jump to the entry. That no longer happens, however. Now when I maximize OL and select "Contacts", neither left nor right pane is focused. I have to hit F6 once or click with my mous...

Folder Bar in Outlook 2003?
In Outlook 2002 (XP), if you clicked on the currently open folder's name, the bar that the folder name was on would turn into a drop-down list of folders. You could then click on any folder in that list and Outlook would open up that folder and automatically close the drop-down list. The Folder List was also available, which remained open until you closed it. In Outlook Express, the bar I am referring to is called the folder bar. I am not sure what it was called in Outlook 2002. In Outlook 2003, we now have the Navigation Pane, which also contains the Folder List. However, there seems to ...

Outlook 2003 and the 3Gb limit
Most PC users don't have this problem but Outlook 2003 crashes when it tries to open PST files on servers/pc with more than 3Gb memory. This would be the case with terminal servers. Microsoft has repaired this problem in +/- mar-2005 for only English, French, German and Italian see KB896253. It is now sep 2005, what about the other languages? Still no fix for Dutch. So my terminal server is still limping on only 3Gb. Does anybody know if there is a hotfix for this problem for the other languages? I think you should contact Product Support directly with your question. -- Bill Rodgers...

Default Font in Publisher 2002
I am doing a newsletter and it keeps changing fonts and sizes on parts of a page and succeeding pages. I have to keep resetting it and it is a waste of time. I want to use Times New Roman 14 point. . Is there any way to set the default font for the entire document. I tried Format>Font but didn't see a default button. Thanks for all replies Barry Setting Text Defaults using Normal.pub by Brian Kvalheim http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.ip...

Viewing text 2003 vs. 2007
I have a 2003 worksheet with many lines of wrapped text. When I select a cell I can read all the text in the formula bar. But I sent it to someone with 2007 and they claim only the first line of text is visible. Is there an option in 2007 that needs to be selected to read all text? -- Matt S ask the person to double click on the cell or at the top, widden the area where you see the text. If the text had a control break (alt+enter) then it may have stacked the data and they are looking at only the first line "Matt S" wrote: > I have a 2003 worksheet with ma...

Default Mailbox Cleanup Properties
We have an e2k3 domain and exchange server with sp2. In the exchange system manager under recipients, recipient policies properties, we have the default mailbox cleanup. We have it set to "when processing a mailbox to (delete immediately) any calendar item over 180days old. We have noticed that we still have calender items older that 180days. What could be causing this to not run and when is it running (during what process)? Thanks in advance On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 13:38:07 -0700, mikee <mikee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have an e2k3 domain and exchange ...

Publisher 2003 and Office 2007
I purchased Office Standard 2007 - however, it does not come with Publisher. So If I install Standard, will it erase my Publisher 2003? I dont want this to happen, if it will. Is there a way to keep my Publisher 2003 after I install Standard 2007 The installation of Office 2007 shouldn't affect Publisher 2003. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "E R" <E R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF7A401A-E059-489A-9D70-E72DB87FF49B@microsoft.com... >I purchased Office Standard 2007 - however, it does not come with Publisher. > So If I install Stand...

Files Do Not Open
Hi, Using Office X and am able to open the individual programs, but when I go to select a file to open, they are all greyed out and unable to double click on any of them. Everything was working fine until recently. I'm not sure if this installation was a trial version that expired. Has anyone else seen this? I've emailed the same files to other mac with same version of Office and it opens up fine. On 7/11/07 7:04 AM, in article 1184162654.936039.211630@m3g2000hsh.googlegroups.com, "matgeorge@gmail.com" <matgeorge@gmail.com> wrote: > Using Office X and am able...

Unable to open a Money 2001 file
Hello I have a Money 2001 files that I cannot open anymore after reinstalling. The error message is : � your file contains coded informations, it cannot be opened with this version of money � (This a translation from french). I am SURE this file was created with the same version of money that I reinstalled. If I look on the Microsoft website for this error message, the knowledge database says that I have to find the EXACT same regional settings that I had defined when this money file was created.. And I have no way of remembering this - I just know for sure they were tweaked.. I call...

default setting on my 2002 version have just started happening
I pulled up publisher today and it is asking me to insert information onto previously saved documents and changing the look and function of each document....does anyone know how I could stop this or what is causing it. Would appreciate any help... Thank you!!!! What do you mean it's asking you to insert information from another document? Did you do some sort of merge on these documents? Specifically what is the message you are getting? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Help" <mstgsaly13@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:f4c501c43db9$107147c0$a001280a@p...

use NTBackup to backup information store 2003
Hi, Anyone can help me to solve using NTbackup schedule to backup Exchange 2003 information store? NTbackup can backup information store from manual start, but it can't run on tasks schedule. thank you piu Works for me, what problem are you having? You can't backup the IS at the same time as any other Shadow Copy Backup, unless all of your exchange files are on spearate volumes from the system volume. Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Anyone can help me to solve using NTbackup schedule to >backup Exchange 2...

Exchange 2003 and public folders
Hi all, This question has probably been discussed earlier in this group, but I have not been able to find what I am looking for so I have to give it a try. I have just migrated to Exchange 2003 Enterprise version 6.5 (Build 7226.6: Service Pack 1) and I really want to use "Public Folders" instead of ordinary mailboxes to handle e-mail where several users needs to access these e-mails. However, I have found some problems using this approach because the users are not able to see if any other user has accessed and handled the messages. I have found several articles describin...

Hyperlink Coding (2000 vs. 2003)
Hi all, I created a form to hold hyperlinks to pdf and jpg files. The form has three fields, all with the hyperlink data type. I then created a command button that when clicked, allows the user to navigate to a file, click open and then set the value of the field to {FieldName}#{FieldName} so that Access will recognize the hyperlink as both display text and address. However, Access 2000 only views the display text and ignores the address. Any idea as to why Access 2000 only sees one part of the hyperlink? Also, how would I go about fixing it, if I'm using Access 2003 to c...