IP address for each DNS name?

Can I have my exchange server operate on two IP address each with different
names as if they were two servers?

Please don't ask why I want to, but can this be done?

Server1.example.com: mail.example.com, 192.168.1.1 (all mail for example.com
sent/received exclusively for this IP)

Virtual SMTP Server: mail.domain.com 192.168.1.2 (all mail for domain.com
sent/received exclusively for this IP)

0
nguser2u10 (58)

"you know who maybe" <nguser2u@spamnotAOL.com> wrote:

>Can I have my exchange server operate on two IP address each with different
>names as if they were two servers?

Well, no . . . there's only one server. But you can have multiple IP
addresses for the machine and the Exchange organization can handle
multiple DNS e-mail domains.

>Please don't ask why I want to, but can this be done?
>
>Server1.example.com: mail.example.com, 192.168.1.1 (all mail for example.com
>sent/received exclusively for this IP)
>
>Virtual SMTP Server: mail.domain.com 192.168.1.2 (all mail for domain.com
>sent/received exclusively for this IP)

There's no need to have multiple virtual servers for this. Each can
handle all the IP addresses.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

User logon name: President #2
I've got another problem with my boss's account. His user name is President, but his Alias is f.e. AAA (email AAA.BBB@domena). Almost everything is working (OMA, OWA, exchange mail access), but when I'm trying to connect from Outlook 2003 using POP3 is saying that pop3 doesn't accept user name or password - President as well as AAA (alias). In other accounts this is working good. Is maybe President prohibited user name? Regards Filip ...

Identical Name on multiple workbook pages
As a hardened Excel/VBA nut, I'm probably going to be really embarrased when I get the answer to this, but here goes... I have a workbook containing a worksheet that records weekly data. I have a named range ("Data") which I select then clear, via GoTo. Each week, I copy the latest week's worksheet and create a new worksheet for the new week. And each week, I select the range "Data" and clear it in the most recently created worksheet. the thing is, I always thought that Range names were unique across a workbook, and that you couldn't have the same Range N...

Disguise email addresses
I have a company with an SBS2k3 machine running Exchange. My salesmen have Email addresses setup and are using CRM 3.0. I setup another company for the Salesmen and they have different email addresses. I want them to be able to log into my server and send email addresses and they appear as if they are coming from the new email addresses. I own both websites and both sets of email addresses. However only one of them for example, "bob@redwood.com" comes into the Exchange Server. The other, "Bob@sunshine.com" is webmail on a hosting site I run. I will forward all email ...

color according to name
If the name "Dave" appears in B3, I want C3-Z3 to have a blue background color. What's that formula? dzelnio Select C3:Z3 and Format>Conditional Formatting>Formula is: =$B3="Dave" Format to Blue. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 10:47:29 -0700, dzelnio <dzelnio@yahoo.com> wrote: >If the name "Dave" appears in B3, I want C3-Z3 to have a blue >background color. > >What's that formula? > >dzelnio Works great! Thanks Dave On Jul 5, 1:39 pm, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote: > Select C3:Z...

Address Book #48
I have just moved from OE to Outlook as my mail client. I find I no longer have access to the Windows address book available from OE. I can't find any way to export / import into Outlook Windows address book accessed from OE was user friendly, allowing set up of different folders etc., but again, that doesn't seem to be possible in Outlook. I would much appreciate any guidance. Regards. ____________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________ File > Import and Export... Entries will appear in your C...

PC-Charge user name.
How can I sync. Usernames "user1" at PC-Charge and register #1 at RMS. I can't charge the default user name "user1" at PC- Charge. Call verifone tech support and tell them you are setting up PC-Charge with RMS. They will issue you a complimentary additional user that you can call "1". You can find the number on the verifone web site.. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that al...

help with the syntax for using range name in a formula?
I have --------=3D+AVERAGE(SMALL(B7:B19,{1,2,3}))-------------. I want to replace B7:B19 with =93Myrange=94 but I can=92t seem to get the syntax right. excel says error in formula. Thks in advance for any help BRC Hi =AVERAGE(SMALL(Myrange,{1,2,3})) have you created Myrange? have you spelt it correctly? -- Regards Roger Govier "BRC" <brc1051-googrps@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d0e09817-22dc-4c36-b60d-67a397067441@h9g2000yqa.googlegroups.com... > I have --------=+AVERAGE(SMALL(B7:B19,{1,2,3}))-------------. I want > to replace B7:B19 with �Myra...

ok , i'm making name tags for an event....have to change the name
here is my problem....I am doing name crads.... so i have to change the name on each crad.....and i am lost as how to do that.....and then they all print out with the different names...Thank you... Fran You will have to build a data base and use mail merge. Help here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Fran Buettner" <Fran Buettner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B872C0E-4FDA-4899-80DA-95609AA63623@microsoft.com... > here is my problem....I am doing name crads.... so i h...

I need to auto insert names in outlook address bar
I have outlook. I would like to have the address inserted after I type a few letters. I know this features exists, but I cannot for the life of me figure this one out. Please help. thanx for any assistance. think peace, max This feature only exists in Outlook 2002 and higher. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza http://www.cardozasolutions.com "max" <max@dis...

Duplicate Names in List
Searched various sites listing "Duplicate" data but I just cannot piece it all together. Have a UserForm to get text - "CustName" - but prior to adding this to my customer list - range "Customers" - I want to search for that current customer. If it is found I want program to stop and return to range "CustList". I have completed the code for when there is not a duplication. How on a command button do you set the accelerator to be "Enter"? Thanks for all the assistance.... Kev You could use a worksheet function to check it, such as ...

Automatically filling in "full name" field
I would like to add the "fullname" field to the Contact form. Is there someway to make this field automatically fill in with the information from "firstname" + "middlename" + "lastname" + "suffix"? If this can be automatically filled in, could the field later be manually changed? You will find that if you add the fullname field to the form, it will be greyed out, you can't type into it. It will be populated after you create a new contact and enter the first and last names and save the contact. And it will change if you change the f...

Copying from one workbook to another, without taking the name of the 1st workbook with it.
I am trying to copy from one workbook to another and when I paste the copied sheet into the new workbook, the cells refer to the name of the first workbook and I want to take that out before I paste into the new workbook. Anyone know how to get around this? Hi! If you are copying a whole sheet from one workbook to another, use th copy sheet dialogue box. (Edit>Move or copy sheet..) Remember to check Create a copy and select the workbook to copy to fro the upper dropdown box. Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Jenny You can do this Select all cells Use replace ...

Use Outlook Client when domain user name different with email acco
Hello, I have a question about using Outlook Client. If the domain user login name is different with email account which belong to a same person, is it possible to install / login with the Outlook client? e.g domain user : degdom\apple email account: applewatson@deg.com One of my client is facing in this situation. I just want to have some preparation before install Outlook Client for him. Thanks for any help! Hi Huimc, It shouldn't be a problem if the AD user is the same used to start Outlook and connect to CRM. You may want to check the email adress in CRM if the ema...

Alpha sort names/numericals
I have 2 columns. 1st column has names, 2nd has numerical values relevant to the names. How can this data be alpha sorted and keep the same name/numerical data. data/sort "dane" <dane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9565E66-9FC0-48BF-A06B-FF51E184A8A1@microsoft.com... > I have 2 columns. 1st column has names, 2nd has numerical values relevant to > the names. How can this data be alpha sorted and keep the same name/numerical > data. Hi Dane, Please state clearly what the problem is. If you sorted and got the names sorted and the numbers did not...

Strange SMTP addresses in Public Folders
Hello all I noticed today that several of my public folders have hundreds of randomly named SMTP addresses in the "E-mail Addresses" tab under the properties of each folder. The primary e-mail address matching the name of the public folder exist in the long list of other addresses so e-mail sent to the folder in making it to the right place, but why there are hundreds of other SMTP addresses has me stumped. All of the addresses are 6 characters in front of the @ and then the correct domain name for my organization. Example: 10a8cd@domain.com, 10c426@domain.com. One of my folders...

Column names are 1,2,3,....
I just noticed today that the column names in my excel spreadsheets are no longer alphabetical, but are numerical. The column marked "1" is defined by excel as column "1C", and row "1" is defined as row "1R". How can I get the column names to change back to the alphabet? Thanks Hi! G! Use: Tools > Options > General Remove check from "R1C1 reference style" -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good...

My New E-Mail Address
Hi This Is Richard Giving Everybody My New E-mail Address . Well, since you posted to a public newsgroup, where unscrupulous harvesters gather e-mail addresses and sell them to spammers, I suspect you're soon going to be getting a new address. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Richard G. Ramirez" <****> wrote in message news:O%23ozFmTiIHA.2084@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi This Is Richard Giving Everybody My New E-mail Address . ...

Invalid column name 'ASSN_ENTSUMPROJID'
I have Project Server 2003 with SP3, SQL2005 database When i am saving a project to the Project Server, i am getting the following message: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'ASSN_ENTSUMPROJID' This is happning to just one project. Please help me understand the reason behind this and if you have a solution to fix this issue. Thanks VM Find the stored procedure executing that SQL command, name of the stored procedure is in the same line of the log (ULS). Go to the procedure and re-compile it, ensure there are no red-underlined lines. ...

Outlook Web Access from reply-to address
Hi all, Is it possible to specify an alternative from/reply-to address for people using Outlook Web Access? Cheers, mad_staring_eyes@email.com (Tom) wrote in news:e4be56f.0404141158.1263ff14@posting.google.com: > Is it possible to specify an alternative from/reply-to address for > people using Outlook Web Access? Not that I am aware of. There may be a third party OWA add-in that could enable this but I don't know one off the top of my head. Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Archives: http://groups.google.com "Arlo Cli...

Exchange 2003 global address list updateing
I added a new user to the domain and set up a mailbox for him. Everything is fine. I can log him in and open outlook and see his account. The problem is that the global address list has not updated to include him what could the problem be? You can manually update your Recipient Update Service in Exchange System Manager. Check in ADUC for the user to make sure he has been stamped with an SMTP address. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "sdever@physcal.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:037001c3d567...

range name #2
I have defined a range name for a group of cells. If I add new rows/columns, I want those cells to be included in to the range name automatically. Can you please let me know? Thanks in advance. You should INSERT new rows within the interior rather than tacking data onto the bottom of the list. If you don't want to do that, you must define the range name using a formula like this in the RefersTo box: =OFFSET($A$1,0,0,COUNTA($A$1:$A$5000),3) The range will start at A1 and extend down for as many rows as you have data in column A (but no embedded blanks are allows) and 3 columns wide...

IP Address and Language
From time to time I get webpages in Dutch. I thought to try the Office 2007 trial but though I was in the Microsoft UK website I was directed to the Dutch trial page. It is most annoying. I live in Holland but my Internet Options and PC are set to English languages and my location UK. I am wondering whether it is my IP address the website 'reads' and not my IO setup. It makes me wonder why IE7 has a language option if Microsoft itself does not make use of it. :-( If it is the case that the problem is IP related, is there any way to ensure the websites only show their pages in ...

looking to sort my personal address book
trying to find how I can sort my personal address book by last name, comma, first name Are you really using a Personal Address Book? Why? It was replaced by the Outlook Address Book 6 years ago. The PAB cannot be sorted by Last, First because both names are in the same field. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Glen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02b101c3b902$c54cbe40$a101280a@phx.gbl... > trying to find how I can sort my personal address book by > last name, comma, first name Russ, all my contacts are in "my personal address book&qu...

malformed X400 address, Event 290

cell address combination
I'm using regular Excel formula in the cells (not scripting, mainly because I don't know how). I have a problem with trying to combine offset() and small() my actual code is: =OFFSET(small(E4:E18,1),0,-2) and it obviously doesn't work. Is there any way to use those two features together? If it helps I'm trying to make a gradebook capable of weighting categories (e.g. 50% of avg for quiz, etc.) and dropping lowest quizzes. I have all the code working except this one combination of finding the lowest grade using small() and returning its corresponding number using offset(). ...