Intersite Exchange Migration

Hi

I've got two Windows 2003 domains that can actually see each other via a
trust relationship.  I've got two Exchange organisations within these two
sites one running Exchange 2000 and the other Exchange 2003.

We are at a stage where we must move all users from one domain to another
because we are merging with other institutions into the one domain.  We've
got major budget constraits which mean that I can't go out there and buy any
migration toy that I find. With this in mind i'm looking for the easiest
possible migration scenario/plan between the two organisations.. I've
thought of doing the exmerge, kill users on one org, recreate in the second
and exmerge the data into their new mailboxes. Problem with that is time and
effort.

Thanks

lusizo@petech.ac.za

0
eskimo (21)

  I am interested in this information also.  We are going through the same
excersise.  I feel comfortable with the Active Directory portion but have
been unable to find good information on the Exchange 2003 side of the
equation.  Most of the information I find deals with Exchange 5.5.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
David Sack
WorkPlace Integrators

"Oskido" <eskimo@myiafrica.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I've got two Windows 2003 domains that can actually see each other via a
> trust relationship.  I've got two Exchange organisations within these two
> sites one running Exchange 2000 and the other Exchange 2003.
>
> We are at a stage where we must move all users from one domain to another
> because we are merging with other institutions into the one domain.  We've
> got major budget constraits which mean that I can't go out there and buy
> any
> migration toy that I find. With this in mind i'm looking for the easiest
> possible migration scenario/plan between the two organisations.. I've
> thought of doing the exmerge, kill users on one org, recreate in the
> second
> and exmerge the data into their new mailboxes. Problem with that is time
> and
> effort.
>
> Thanks
>
> lusizo@petech.ac.za

0
David

OWA
When user attempts to log off they end up on a page: http://.../exchange/ggdimov/?Cmd=logoff but a message is displayed saying page cannot be displayed - HTTP 500 - Internal server error. How can that be fixed? We have only one exchange 2000 STD server SP3 on Windows 2000 Advanced Server with SP4 Thanks George MCP 318239 XCCC: "HTTP 500" Error Message Occurs When You Log Off or You Use http://support.microsoft.com/?id=318239 Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. -------------------...

MS Exchange transport errors
I am getting the following error in the application log every second on the exchange server - (Exchange 2003) Can't find anything regarding event id 350 on the MS site. Please help Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: Exchange Store Driver Event ID: 350 Date: 22/04/2004 Time: 10:52:05 User: N/A Computer: xxxx Description: Function HrGetBinary( ... IMMPID_EMP_ORIGINAL_P1_RECIPIENT_LIST ...) failed with error 800300fd when setting original envelope recipients on messsage . Hi SeanL, Do you have any type of Firewall that you are sending through...

Outlook 2003 Name Resolution Eroor W2K Server Exchange 2000
Hey I have seen this question popping up alot in google groups however I have not found a solution yet. After upgrading to office 2k3 I am unable to connect to the exchange server using check name. It returns the error: "The name could not be resolved. The connection to the Microsoft Exhange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be connected to complete this action." If I uninstall reinstall Outlook XP I am able to connect no problem so long as I delete the old profile. I can even have have both installed at the same time and XP will work while 2k3 will not. I also tried sett...

Data Migration Problem 05-11-06
Hi, I want to import data of Product, UoM and UoMSchedule to CRM. I've followed the steps in MS CRM data migration framework and input all the required fields stated in detaileddataplanning to the related cdf files. When I tried migrate data using CDF Migration Wizard, it return imported sucessfully. It shows that I have CDF records in the above entity, but the migrated records are 0, and the log file didn't show any error. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with it? How can I import the data then? Thanks a lot. I have just same problems. CDF Migration Wizard doesn't pr...

Addess rewriting on Exchange
Hi! How can I modify e-mail address on the fly on Exchange 2000 (something like address rewriting on SendMail)? When SMTP on Exchange receive e-mail from someone@hostname.acme.com I need to modify e-mail address to someone-hostname@acme.com because only that way I can avoid "sender domain doesn't exist" error when that type of e-mail are send outside of my organization. One of solution is to use Event Sink. Any other solutions? Tnx. Tomislav ...

Exchange Admin wont start?
Hello, I'm running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on a WinNT4 SP6a box. When logging on as "administrator" I cant start Exchange Admin. The splashscreen appear but the GUI never starts. When logging on as an admin equivalent account there is no problem. Any pointers as to where I should start my troubleshooting? Regards/ John-Henri "John-Henri Eklund" <jonnefia@algonet.se> wrote in message news:bv7vhp$25o$1@green.tninet.se... > Hello, > > I'm running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on a WinNT4 SP6a box. When logging on as > "administrator" I cant start Exchange ...

Migration: DMF Guide Documentation: ActivityTypeCode not defined
Folks, Values for Activity Type Code are not defined in the Guide, on the Spreadsheet (as ActivityTypeCode), in MSDN or in this forum. However, its integer value is required for Activity records in CDF. Is it correct to assume that the valid values of ActivityTypeCode in CDF are those listed for Activity subtypes in Appendix D: 134, 136, 137, 138, 141 and 142? Even though those are listed for MS CRM, not CDF? It is essential that we get this right, since migrating Activities is key to migrating the business intelligence resident now in ACT Note/History. Further, we wish to use our ...

How do I do a share exchange?
I owned: 205 shares Molson Class A, I received 45 shares Molson Coors. How do I enter this in Money 2005? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. In microsoft.public.money, Michael Brimicombe wrote: >I owned: 205 shares Molson Class A, I received 45 shares Molson Coors. How >do I enter this in Money 2005? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. In Money 2005 Deluxe or Premium, Portfolio->RecordASpecialActivity->RecordAMerger ...

one last error, exchange 2007
once ive cleared this one the event viewer will be devoid of red exes! Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event Category: General Event ID: 8207 Date: 28/02/2007 Time: 12:48:50 User: N/A Computer: XXXXXX Description: Error updating public folder with free/busy information on virtual machine XXXXXXX. The error number is 0x80004005. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. any solutions for a fix on 2007 ? On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 13:35:35 -0000, "luna" <luna_s@themoon.com> wrote: >once ive cleare...

One Domain, Multiple Exchange DNS domains
Ok, I have been working on rolling out a new 2003 SBS install. Currently we have two buisness entities, company xyz and abc. All users log into the same domain which is abcxyz.office. Each part of the company has unique members, and no two people work for both. Its just one owns the other, and both wish to share the same server, data etc. What i need to do is be able to selectivly assign each user to either one of the DNS names, they will not have to ever switch between them either. I can not figure out how to make the changes to Exchange to enable this. Any links to articles...

Exchange Best Practices Tool 2.5
When I download it, it downloads 2.1...? when I go to do the upgrade from the products, it try's to install 2.1 again...? What happened to 2.5...? Tks, Tom... On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:45:04 -0500, "Tom K" <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote: >When I download it, it downloads 2.1...? when I go to do the upgrade from >the products, it try's to install 2.1 again...? > >What happened to 2.5...? > >Tks, >Tom... > Its there. I had the same problem. Go to another machine that does not have the ExBPA installed and download it manually then ...

Import Contacts into AD for Exchange
I am looking for a script or any way to import contacts into AD for Exchange 2000 from a .csv file. Any help would be great. Thanks Eric csvde.exe Regards, Boris "Eric Graham" <egraham22@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ut4vgqY%23EHA.1188@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I am looking for a script or any way to import contacts into AD for Exchange > 2000 from a .csv file. Any help would be great. > > Thanks > Eric > > What does my .csv file need to look like? "Boris Lokhvitsky" <msexpert@community.nospam> wrote in message news:%23edyOTc...

Exchange Quota Message Service
I thought I had set it up correctly (on an Exchange 2003 server with SP1, making all the required registry changes etc.) but when I try to run a manual quota maintenance, I get the following error message: "The RPC Server is unavailable" Here are the variables I was using: SiteDN: /o=SMTPORG/ou=SITE1 Server DN: /o=SMTPORG/ou=SITE1/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=ADCTEST HomeDSA: ADCTEST CommonName: /o=SMTPORG/ou=SITE1/cn=Recipients/cn=BUILDER_B (the name of the mailbox that issues the quota messages) Version number is 1.0.0.4 Anything (syntax, version number, etc.) need to change...

Exchange System Manger Error 80040d1b when expanding a storage gro
When expanding one of four storage groups on a particular server I get this error Exchange System Manger An unknown error has occurred. ID no: 80040d1b Exchange System Manager <OK> Now before you all just to conclusions please consider the following:-- 1: this only occurs on some machines running Exchange System Manager which is version 6.5.7226.0, i.e. from some systems I can expand this storage group just fine 2. it has nothing to do with KB 817309 - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817309 although we do index all mail. 3. It only occurs on one server and...

Exchange 4 Calendar only, Mail is externally, problem sending inte
I have a client who uses Exchange 2003 solely for The calendar sharing functions. Their e-mail is hosted externally. They do not want to host their own mail. All of the Outlook 2003 clients are configured with the external pop3 account and and internal Exchange account. The mail from the default pop3 account on the client is delivered to the Exchange mailbox. The problem is when users try to send mail to someone inside of the company through there address book it does not send. When adding internal users to the address book, the user populates the mail type as "EX" instead of...

MS-SQL to EXCHANGE
Hi, Folks. Here we go - I'm sure it's a common scenario. I've got a client with MS-SQL, and an app that handles their business specific CRM. I want to get the data from the SQL db into Exchange PF's. Yes, I can do it manually. That's no problem. I want to do it unattended -- either daily (scheduled) or "replicated". Anyone know of any products that will do that? Thanks, Scott. (please email also!) -- ==================================================== Scott Davis, 45 Dunfield Av, Unit 2117 Self-Employed Toronto, ON, Canada, M4S 2H4 Tech Consulta...

Exchange 2000 #14
Does any of the Service Packs for Exchange 2000 resolve the 16Gb Limit? Thanks On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 05:15:01 -0700, Dennis Reist <DennisReist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does any of the Service Packs for Exchange 2000 resolve the 16Gb Limit? > >Thanks Nope, it's an Exchange 2003 only service. ...

Outlook 2003 can't open attached task from Exchange 5.5
Has anyone seen this before? I can work with the tasks in the public folders just fine, and I can apparently forward them via email to other users. However, anyone running Outlook 2003 gets the message "The operation failed." if they try to open an attached task (either in one they received or one in their own "Sent Items" folder). rb ...

I can't send to hotmail address from exchange server 2003
Hi guys...i have setup MS Exchange server 2003 with ISA firewall 2004 standard edition. Mails are going out and mails are coming in...only one problem. Mail sent to @hotmail or @msn is not going thru. Very rarely it goes thru. I sent a test mail to my msn account and it returned with the following error: There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <srv-ftz-mail.hotecc.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 Unable to relay for abdussalamk@msn.com> Can you guys please help to overcome this problem. Thanks. ...

Windows 2000 domain/ Exchange 2003 servers, need to change domain/org name.
Hi all, Our company has been acquired by another company and we have a need to change our internal domain name from org1.local to org2.local and change our (2) Exchange 2003 server's external domain name to @org2.com. I see that there are many different ways to do this, my question especially from those who have gone through this is, which do you feel is the best way to do this and why? We don't have a problem with buying additional hardware but the less the better. Notes: We will need to keep the original email domain name @org1.com active for at most 6 months. Both domain and excha...

Exchange 2003 restore
My antivirus (SAVCE 10.1) deleted my E00.log file Monday night. I ran eseutil /p on the priv1.edb file and it ran fine. I don't have enough disk space to run eseutil /d, however. I have a complete backup of both priv and pub stores from Thursday night and am prepared to restore them fully without worrying about data loss since then. I have backed up the entire mdbdata folder, including a handful of transaction log files and the edb and stm files to another machine in case I need them. Now for my question... I restored just the priv store yesterday and was able to successfully m...

Exchange 2003 #42
Staff could not connect to exchange 2003. The Event log file reported the following error. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Event Catergory: General Event ID: 7200 Date: 03/12/2005 Description: Background thread FDoUpdateCatalog halted on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (Server_Name)" due to error code 0x80004005. How do I fix this error. Does anyone know about this? "=?Utf-8?B?QXJuaQ==?=" <Arni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:D741B69B-6D25-48A0-AD58-188587AC5F4F@microsoft.com: > Staff could not connect to exchange ...

What to do to improve this:Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server server_name.
Out2002, Exch2000SP3. Users at times complain that they are getting those pop up messages Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server server_name. I just want to confirm that if I install a global catalog on the site where users are getting this, that should improve the situation right ? Is the message below generated only when the Outlook client "takes too long" to retrieve data from the GC ? Something else that could cause that behavior ? On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:40:57 -0700, "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote: >Out2002, Exc...

Multiple accounts in Exchange 2003
Hi, In our company, we have multiple divisions and some people -- specifically managers -- have email accounts for each division. For example, I'd have the following email addresses: sam@division1.com sam@division2.com sam@division3.com Managers also want to be able to send emails out of these accounts. All incoming emails should go into one inbox but it's critical they're able send emails out of the account they choose. How can we set this up in Exchange 2003 Std? -- Thanks, Sam In news:26656E82-A4E1-4462-8473-7A265E54C0E6@microsoft.com, Sam <Sam@discussions.micros...

Exchange 2003 #37
I have an exchange 2003 server running on a 2003 server. Exchange has SP 1 installed, Server 2003 does not. I am having an issue where whenever I add a user and automatically create a mailbox for them it does not always update the global address list. It will work for a while and then stop and the only way I can get it to update the GAL is to either restart the server or restart the system attendant service. Has anybody seen this before or is there a fix for this? Thanks. ...