Internal Mail Problem

Hi all,  I want to restrict some users to send & receive mail from internal
user only, so I try to remove their smtp address and leave the x.400 address
in the properties.  This works well in Exchange 5.5 environment.  But, how
can I do this in Exchange 2003 environment, I cannot removed the smtp
address in Exchange 2003, Please help, thanks.

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 00:46:12 +0800, <a> wrote:

>Hi all,  I want to restrict some users to send & receive mail from internal
>user only, so I try to remove their smtp address and leave the x.400 address
>in the properties.  This works well in Exchange 5.5 environment.  But, how
>can I do this in Exchange 2003 environment, I cannot removed the smtp
>address in Exchange 2003, Please help, thanks.

Change the SMTP address to something bogus and unroutable.
0
adavid (8731)
8/6/2005 6:21:00 PM
Do you have some docement or links refer to this? Thanks a lot

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 08:34:17 +0800, <a> wrote:

>Do you have some docement or links refer to this? Thanks a lot

	Another option is to check the the option to accept messages
only from authenticated users under the delivery restrictions button
under the Exchange general tab in the ADUC for the account.

To prevent the users sending mail, add them to a mail-enabled group
that you add to the delivery restrictions dialog box in a SMTP
connector.

><a> wrote in message news:OfdqWZqmFHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> Hi all,  I want to restrict some users to send & receive mail from
>> internal user only, so I try to remove their smtp address and leave the
>> x.400 address in the properties.  This works well in Exchange 5.5
>> environment.  But, how can I do this in Exchange 2003 environment, I
>> cannot removed the smtp address in Exchange 2003, Please help, thanks.

0
adavid (8731)

Outlook OM : Method Restrict() has problems with parentheses
I'm trying to filter for a specific name using; olItems.Restrict("[From] = John Doe()"); Notice the parentheses in the string. If the string contains parentheses in it, I get the following exception. An unhandled exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' occurred in ioemail.dll Additional information: Condition is not valid. How do I get Restrict to work with parentheses? Answer: olItems.Restrict("[From] = 'John Doe()'"); >-----Original Message----- >I'm trying to filter for a specific name using; >olItems.Res...

Problems with reading date/time format from SQL server
Helo! I made a pivot table. I get data from external source - SQL server. On of the columns is date/time type. For some reason unknown to me, Exce doesn't read this dates correctly. Instead of dots between months an days it puts little squares .. ?!? I opened the same file on m coworkers comp. and it works just fine. If anyone has already encountered this and knows how to fix it .. plase reply. thnx j -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com There may be some difficulties getting external data properly into Excel. If not done correctly you cannot use the data in formulae e....

Format Issue of Windows Mail and M.S. Group
Hi: When clicking to open any mails including this site, MS Newsgroup, top right pane of 'X' part is not visible. In the past, I used 'Shove-It' program that was found on the web-site, priced $15 that corrected this issue. However, this program is no longer effective, thus it went back to the original format, .... not fully opening content of mail of right side of pane, although I can read any mails by using 'maximizing bvutton' to open in full. Any imputs on this, above would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, "Winter10" <Winter10No...

Outlook OLE error and freezing problem after Win2k SP2 install on Exchange??
Yesterday, we were hit by the blaster worm (yeah....got me running like hell). Our Exchange 5.5sp4 servers run on a Win2k Advanced Server SP1 cluster. I was forced to install service pack 2 for Win2k because the MS03-026 patch requires that. Ever since that, users who have Office 2000 versions less than SP-3 installed had freezing problems when viewing calender. Pulling up Excel attachments end up with a "object linking and embedding not found" error. There is also a Word error of some kind when openning Word attachments. Once I place SP3 on there, everything works fine. What ...

Receive mails from one adr. to several computers
Hello. I have a problem receiving mails from one adr. to 5 computers in a network. One of the computers get's all the mails. They should all receive the mails. All the machines run's win Xp and office Xp. Outlook on all computers are set to store the mails on the server, even though they have been received on a computer. When I check my WebMail, the messages are still there! Please help. Nima ...

mail sending problem
Hi , I am very new in the exchange server just now I have deployed Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 at my organization now i have some problem in that . I am able to send mail outside the domain except yahoo .whenever I am sending mail from my exchange mail id to any yahoo mail id it is showing me mail has been sent but on yahoo id it is not delivering even I am not getting the DFR, second I wants to know that can we take the backup of single mail box (boxs) and please tell me step by step how can we take backup (at least the location ) Thanks in Advance Madi The most probable reason is t...

Outlook Web Access attachment problem
We have a program that will generate a .snp file and then email it to whatever recipient it needs to go to. If they receive the email in Outlook it will allow them to open the file properly with the Snapshot viewer. However, if they go to the same email in OWA and try to save the attachment, it attempts to save it as an .mdb file. Why would OWA ignore the original extension and try to give it a different one? "Joe Giddings" <j_nospam_giddings@thehammocksource.com> wrote in news:jI9gd.11726$ta5.6952@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net: > We have a program that will genera...

Can't send e-mails from Outlook 2003 after SP1
After installing service pack SP1 for Office 2003, I can't send e-mails anymore. They are stuck in the outbox folder. The error message states that the connection to the server was interrupted. I did not change any settings and checking them confirms that everything is as it should be. Did anyone else experience the same issue and how did you resolve it? Thanks for your help Matthias See if you can manually move those messages from your Outbox and then check all your settings again. "Mattliusa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cb7401c48a5...

Windows Welcome Screen Login Looping Problem
Up until now no startup problems whatsoever with my system. Today, I press the start button and it boots fine to the Windows' Welcome Screen. When I click on my account icon (no password ever entered) it tries to login (I see my desktop for about 4-5 seconds) but it comes back to the same Windows' Welcome Screen after about 5-10 seconds. My significant other also has an account icon and when she tries to login from the welcome screen she can't get pass the screen either and gets the same 5-10 seconds looping problem that happens to me. System specs: Dell Deminsio...

Incoming mail server problem
I use supanet for the internet and recently had to clear off a load of viruses and worms from my computer. Computer is clean now. I've run up to date spybot. adaware and cleaned all viruses with Mcaffee internet security as well as running stinger. Sasser, and W32 pate.b were included. Have also completed all windows updates. Everything is working fine now except my email. When I restart the computer my incoming mail server keeps changing from pop.supanet.com to a strange number. 9eg 17.02.01.10 or something similar) It also changes the user name from 3612 to 3612@supanet.com (It adds su...

CRM Internal email lost
Hello I have a problem with emails generated within CRM 3, the emails are not delivered to any internal user's exchange mailbox but they are are beeing delivered outside our domain. Has anybody got a clue on why this is happening or how I can get the mails to be delivered to the Domain users? BR Claudio Any luck on this we are having the same problem. Thank you! "Claudio S" wrote: > Hello > I have a problem with emails generated within CRM 3, the emails are not > delivered to any internal user's exchange mailbox but they are are beeing > delivered outsid...

Problems performing a restore to a SAN drive
We recently move our message stores to SAN. I've tried to perform a restore to a recovery storage group on the SAN and am not able to do it. We use Ultrabac as our backup application, but I've tried NTBackup also and am getting the following errors in the App logs: Information Store (3576) Callback function call ErrESECBRestoreGetDestination ended with error 0xC7FE1F42 Database not found. and Failed to find a database to restore to from the Microsoft Active Directory. Storage Group specified on the backup media is e0d4e0af-f91a-490d-9b40-47e27b9fb714. Database speci...

XMLA .NET connection problem
Hi, After install msxml 4.0 and XMLASDK 1.1, i proceed to configure the datasource.xml file, as follow: <DataSource> <DataSourceName>FoodMart 2000</DataSourceName> <DataSourceDescription>Microsoft Analysis Server 2000 on local machine</DataSourceDescription> <URL>http://localhost/xmla/msxisapi.dll</URL> <DataSourceInfo>Provider=MSOLAP.2;Data Source=md001144</DataSourceInfo> <ProviderName>Microsoft XML for Analysis</ProviderName> <ProviderType> <TDP/> <MDP/> <DMP/> </ProviderType>...

Mail is queued after adding 2nd server
I was hoping someone might have some insight into this issue. I've just completed adding a 2nd server to my first site. All mail between the two servers is getting queued; doesn't matter which server it originates from. Mail to the original server from the internet as well as auto generated emails is still functioning correctly. We're running Exchg 2003 SP2 and Win2k3 on both servers. I've also gone through the Best Practices and fixed the minor issues it listed. Thanks, Chris Can you telnet to port 25 from each server successfully? Are the servers located in the same su...

Publisher 2003
I'm attempting to print a calendar and I keep getting the message, "Cannot load the printer driver." I have no idea what that means other than I'm unable to print my calendar. Anyone have any ideas? I get the same message whenever I try to print a card I've created. HELP! -- The computer has been chucked out the picture window and the birds are nesting in it. *sigh* Merrie wrote: > I'm attempting to print a calendar and I keep getting the message, > "Cannot load the printer driver." I have no idea what that means > other than I'm una...

Problems with DATE data type
Hi!!! I've got a little problem with the next macro in Excel. The problem is that I must look for some information in a data bas using as filter a specific day an hour in the year. I get the date and the hour using a form and then the macro calle "Busqueda" receives the value. I've programmed the macro using MSQuery just to see the necessary cod and the problem has appeared when I've tried to include the para called "Dia" in the SQL code. I've tried using " & Dia & " but it doesn't work and I don't know ho to include my param...

Outlook 2003 unable to open mails or contacts
After upgrading from Office XP to Office 2003 I am not=20 bale to access any item in Outlook 2003.=20 The Error message which will be displayed if I try to open=20 a message is: Microsoft Office Outlook: Out of memory or system resources. Close sone windows or=20 programs and try again. Microsoft Office 2003 Professional is running on two=20 different operating systems: One is running XP professional,=20 The other is running Windows server 2003 enterprise=20 edition. Always the same result. If I reinstall Outlook from Office=20 XP Professional I am able to read all mails without any=20 fau...

Internationally recognized for quality tablets products
'Adipex' (http://www.korgnoise.net/tablets/adipex) weight los medications online or toll free. Adipex prescriptions include fre online medical ... Adipex. Adipex weight loss drugs are used as a appetite suppressant and are sometimes referred .. -- G12arr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- G12arry's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3776 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57341 ...

Checking mails with MS Outlook closed?!
Hi, is it possible to have MS Outlook notify me of new accounts in a minimized status. i.e. i have a low memory and i don't want extra programs to be opened on my computer. i want to have outlook closed still i want it to to checkup my imcoming mails and provided i should have new mails it would popup and notify me accordingly. is that possible in outlook? if not, is there any program that could do that? regards, eqbal Outlook can't do anything if it's not opened. Is the mailbox you're checking a POP3 mailbox? If so, there are a number of very small programs that c...

Reinstall problem
I have a CRM 1.2 MSDN installation. I ran add/remove programs to un-install. Everything seemed to uninstall just fine. I then ran the installer again to reinstall. I wanted to use the existing database. I select the: "Connect to an existing database" options, click next then select my SQL server from the list. I then get a message: Setup could not find any valid Microsoft CRM databases on the server you have specified. You must select a different server. I know the databases are there. I can see them in enterprise manager. The system was working fine except for ...

Problem w/ Task Manager
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB4835.4C042E00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am running a laptop with WIndows XP SP3. I am not sure what changed or = happened but my task manager now only shows the processes tab. The tabs = are mising for me to change views as well as the title bar for my task = manager windo and the menu bar i also gone. How can I correct it? Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB4835.4C042E00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8...

Mail Merge #2
In Publisher 2002 is it possible to print a roster of Mail Merge data base records showing multiple entries per page? I'm essentially looking to print a phone book type list with Able, Ann (222) 222-2222 on the first line, Brown, Bob (333) 333-3333 on the second line and so on. Any help would be appreciated. Not difficult at all if you make a custom size small in height label the width of the page. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ...

Mac problems opening excel files when connected to two windows shares

Newly acquired company mail?
Hello all... I've been assigned a task that I can't seem to find any good info on while browsing the net. Company A has acquired companies B and C and would like to be able to give all newly acquired employees access to both e-mail domains. This would effectively give all new employees two accounts (one from companyA and the other companyB/C). I'm looking for a quick rundown on how best to set this up. If anyone can help I'd be forever gracious. Thanks! Randy 1. You can Merge the accounts of B and C to the Exchange environment of Company 'A' 2. Configure Rec...

An error number : 424 problem
I'm having trouble with an attachment field. On a report I can see the picture and the filename of the selected attachent properly. Now in a SQL UPDATE string that i'm making I always get the error 424 Object required. Here is the line where it happens : 'mySQL = mySQL + ", scan_g = " & prn_du_pied_g.FileName scan_g is a Text field prn_du_pied_g is an attachment All I want to do is to use the filename of the attchment. How do I solve this Thank you for the help -- Eric "ericb" <eric@b.com> wrote in message news:9A...