Internal Email not displaying senders name.

Hi,

I have an problem where a user sends an internal mail , and the
recipients do not see the senders display name.

Configuration is, 1 user. 2 accounts. 2 email addresses. (Using
Exchange)

Account 1:   username: bob1    smtp: bob1@bob.com
Account 2:   username: bob2    smtp: bob1@jane.com (account is
disabled)

Scenario:
BOB1 logs into the BOB domain and sends emails as BOB1. He can send
emails to anyone on the BOB1 domain and externally, and the dislpay
name is correct. All working fine.

BOB1 logs into the BOB domain, and sends emails as BOB2 using the from
field. He can physically send emails, but internally his name is not
displayed, yet externally his email address appears as the sender.

This one is doing my head in. In comments or recommendations would be
appreciated.

Regards.

Boggy

0
bsomers (3)

Using what client (Outlook, OWA, other--specify) and what sending protocol,
MAPI or SMTP (with IMAP or POP)?
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Boggy" <bsomers@pureit.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have an problem where a user sends an internal mail , and the
> recipients do not see the senders display name.
>
> Configuration is, 1 user. 2 accounts. 2 email addresses. (Using
> Exchange)
>
> Account 1:   username: bob1    smtp: bob1@bob.com
> Account 2:   username: bob2    smtp: bob1@jane.com (account is
> disabled)
>
> Scenario:
> BOB1 logs into the BOB domain and sends emails as BOB1. He can send
> emails to anyone on the BOB1 domain and externally, and the dislpay
> name is correct. All working fine.
>
> BOB1 logs into the BOB domain, and sends emails as BOB2 using the from
> field. He can physically send emails, but internally his name is not
> displayed, yet externally his email address appears as the sender.
>
> This one is doing my head in. In comments or recommendations would be
> appreciated.
>
> Regards.
>
> Boggy

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/5/2006 5:33:32 AM
HI,
I am using Outlook. And SMTP protocol.
Thanks
Boggy

0
bsomers (3)
9/5/2006 6:00:59 AM
Then you have an Outlook problem because the formation of the message's
headers is controlled by Outlook.  Consider using MAPI.
--

> HI,
> I am using Outlook. And SMTP protocol.
> Thanks
> Boggy

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/5/2006 8:13:47 PM
Thanks for your reply Ed, but can you elaborate on what to investigate.
Any Ideas?

Can anyone answer this question? If a user is on "domain a" and wants
to send and email using an address of something other than "domain a" ,
what is the best way to do it?

Thanks

Boggy

0
bsomers (3)
9/6/2006 12:40:30 AM
I think what you need to do is to configure your client to show the display
name on sent mail.
--

> Thanks for your reply Ed, but can you elaborate on what to investigate.
> Any Ideas?
>
> Can anyone answer this question? If a user is on "domain a" and wants
> to send and email using an address of something other than "domain a" ,
> what is the best way to do it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Boggy

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/7/2006 5:36:44 AM
"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote:

>I think what you need to do is to configure your client to show the display
>name on sent mail.

If he's using SMTP and not authenticating with the SMTP server then
the resolution of the e-mail address to display name is working as
designed. Anonymous senders shouldn't have their e-mail addresses
resolved. Check the "Authentication..." button on the SMTP Virtual
Server's "Access" tab. Is the "Resolve anonymous e-mail" box checked?

Resolve Anonymous Senders Functionality in Microsoft Exchange 2003
[828770]

And for reasons why you wouldn't want to do that:
How to restrict the users who can send inbound Internet e-mail to
another user or to a distribution group in Exchange 2003 [827616]

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote:
>
>>I think what you need to do is to configure your client to show the
>>display
>>name on sent mail.
>
> If he's using SMTP and not authenticating with the SMTP server then
> the resolution of the e-mail address to display name is working as
> designed. Anonymous senders shouldn't have their e-mail addresses
> resolved. Check the "Authentication..." button on the SMTP Virtual
> Server's "Access" tab. Is the "Resolve anonymous e-mail" box checked?
>
> Resolve Anonymous Senders Functionality in Microsoft Exchange 2003
> [828770]
>

> And for reasons why you wouldn't want to do that:
> How to restrict the users who can send inbound Internet e-mail to
> another user or to a distribution group in Exchange 2003 [827616]
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/8/2006 10:58:57 PM
Rich, if an unauthenticated sender supplies "Blow, Joe <joe.blow@xyzzy.com>"
in the From: header, will Exchange strip out the friendly name?
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote:
>
>>I think what you need to do is to configure your client to show the
>>display
>>name on sent mail.
>
> If he's using SMTP and not authenticating with the SMTP server then
> the resolution of the e-mail address to display name is working as
> designed. Anonymous senders shouldn't have their e-mail addresses
> resolved. Check the "Authentication..." button on the SMTP Virtual
> Server's "Access" tab. Is the "Resolve anonymous e-mail" box checked?
>
> Resolve Anonymous Senders Functionality in Microsoft Exchange 2003
> [828770]
>

> And for reasons why you wouldn't want to do that:
> How to restrict the users who can send inbound Internet e-mail to
> another user or to a distribution group in Exchange 2003 [827616]
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/8/2006 11:00:23 PM
"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote:

>Thanks for the clarification, Rich.  Agreed on why that shouldn't be
>allowed.

Oops. Answered the right question, but to the wrong  person. :-/

That unauthenticated user not resolving addresses to display names
disturbs a lot of people until you point out to them why it's done.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote:

>Rich, if an unauthenticated sender supplies "Blow, Joe <joe.blow@xyzzy.com>"
>in the From: header, will Exchange strip out the friendly name?

No, it won't.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

.msg internals
Does anyone have any info on the internals of outlook .msg files? I know it is a microsoft compound document file. What I don't know is how the __properties_version1.0 stream is constructed, and how it relates to the other __substr1.0, __attach_version1.0, and __recip_version1.0 streams. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

Backing Up Outlook Express Emails
Does anyone know how to back up email's in Outlook Express? Backup your dbx-files For more assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Cindy" <anonymous@discussion...

Cannot move emails between folders

Any XML Naming Conventions?
Does the use of DTD, XML Schema and similar constructs adopt the use of C# naming conventions? If so how do I make the distinction of how to apply C# conventions with XML elements, attributes and so on? Any referrals to resources that discuss or document XML Naming Conventions? -- <%= Clinton Gallagher, "Twice the Results -- Half the Cost" Architectural & e-Business Consulting -- Software Development NET csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher/ clintonG wrote: > Does the use of DTD, X...

cell looses name after sorting
Can someone help me with the following problem in Excel 2000: in a table I have attached serveral cells with unique cell names, the values in these cells are used in other sheets. the problem is that when I sort the table, the cell names stay in the original rowposition; they are not sorted! while their values are. So Cell names get different values, and other calculations on my other sheets get messed up! How can I make the cell names relative instead of absolute? thankx in advance, Jim --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "jimfx >" <<jimfx.109zcv@exc...

Comparing first and last names in two lists

Change License / Company name
Hi, we tried CRM 1.2 with the MSDN license key. Now my company bought a 25 user Proffesional Suite license and I want to change the key on the production server. Is there an easy way to do this?? The only solution I see, is via the Data Migration Framework. Erik. How about the re-deploy tool? "Erik" <none> wrote in message news:u0SXdbXlEHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > we tried CRM 1.2 with the MSDN license key. Now my company bought a 25 > user > Proffesional Suite license and I want to change the key on the production > server. Is there an easy wa...

Email to generate case
Hi, we've recently implemented CRM in out organization, we are a small IT support company, and as such we recieve support queries by email. I have set up CRM so that it puts inbound email in our support queue as email activities, is there any way to get CRM to automatically convert these email activities into new cases? Many thanks, Dan. c360 has an add-on that will do this (www.c360.com). -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Dan Baird" wrote: > Hi, we've recently implemented CRM in out organization, we are a small IT > support company, and as suc...

Reminder for a received email for follow up
I would like to put a reminder on an email already received. This reminder would basically call my attention to the email (even though the email is in a different folder). Is there a way I can easily do this? I'm using Outlook 2003 SP1. Thanks John Off the top of my head, quick and easy, drag and drop a copy into your calendar. -- K. Orland Such as are your habitual thoughts, such also will be the character of your mind; for the soul is dyed by the thoughts - Marcus Aurelius "John" wrote: > I would like to put a reminder on an email already received. This remi...

makro to return email
I want a makro that if a check box is checked, a email is send to a recipient. See your other mail and http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Esrei" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:174801c50514$05025190$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I want a makro that if a check box is checked, a email is > send to a recipient. ...

Named ranges
Excel 2003 I have a total sheet that gets data from three different shift sheets (all in the same workbook) for a monthly report. I have named ranges on each shift sheet for each month's production data (S1M1, S1M2, S1M3, S2M1...) where S1M1 =A2:AC147, S1M2 = A148:AC329, etc. The old formula was:=SUMIF('SHIFT 1'!$L$1:$L$147,"BB",'SHIFT 1'!$T$1:$T$147). I'm stumped as to what the new formula would be - how would I direct Excel to column L of S1M1 to search for "BB", then add the contents of column T? The range changes each month, and I tho...

Phantom emails
Why would outlook 2007 try to send emails about every 60 seconds when there is no emails to be sent in the outbox? Carolyn On Mon, 24 May 2010 08:45:01 -0700, Carolyn <Carolyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Why would outlook 2007 try to send emails about every 60 seconds when there >is no emails to be sent in the outbox? >Carolyn What is the indication Outlook is trying to send e-mails? -- To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious and .invalid from my e-mail address. Could it be a stuck read receipt? See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/deletereadrecei...

name badge labels
Now we have Office 2007 and I cannot figure out how to create a sheet of name badge labels. Are you using mail merge? If you are, select the your label from the page setup. If you are manually typing your badge labels, measure your labels and setup your page with grid guides. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Carol in Texas" <CarolinTexas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:626CC158-3AF1-4809-9BCE-C54E1FF42861@microsoft.com... > Now we have Office 2007 and I cannot figure out how to...

Exchange 2003: Missing emails
Hello, Strange problem, not sure if anyone else experiencing: We are running Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2000 SP4. A manager came to me and asked where some files had gone in their folders. I checked through their mailbox, and sure enough the emails that had been filed away were missing. Checking through the backups, the email was last in the folder about 2 weeks ago. Does anyone know how i would audit what has happened here? i am not asking what has happened to these emails, but moreso who has accessed this mailbox, and when, in the last 2 weeks, thanks in advance John- Did your...

appearance of the real name in "sent"
I posted a message yesterday but nobody answered. So I try to do it again. I cannot find the answer to this question in help (OL 2000). I setup my contact list, with the names, the way I want them to appear, the email address etc... When I want to send an email, I click on the contact I want, action, etc... When it is sent, it appears with the email of the person. For example, I would like "John" to appear, and I get (and he too) say.. john@msn.com. It would be more friendly, and more polite and I know it can be done, as I receive some to my name. anonymous@discussions.m...

Unable to receive email from CRM to Outlook
Hi, I have configured the CRM router and am trying to send mail from CRM. I am able to send the mail without any error in CRM. When I click the send button the email form closes. However, I am not getting the mail in outlook. Can anyone provide any hints on what could be the problem... Thanks and Regards Amit Amit, Is it an internal mail? the CRM Exchange Router only works with external mail. Thanks Simon "AmitK" <amitkarnik78@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1129643395.576146.287270@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I have configured the CRM r...

Emails are automatically opening
When I select an email in outlook xp the emails are automatically opening the first highlighted email. Yes, ;) I have checked my settings in folder views - double click is selected, even if I reset it to single then back to double still no go. Also once I close a message, the next one automatically opens - just close not move or deletes. ...

Import excel named range into Access error 3011
Hi, I've read a few posts on this topic, but none addresses my particular problem. I use Office 2003 on an XP SP3 machine. I am using transferspreadsheet to import a named range in an excel file into Access. This has worked beautifully until suddenly it stopped working. I find now that if I extract the address of the named range from within the Access VBA code, it looks like this: =#REF!$A$1:$Z$166 rather than this, which is what it should be: =Data!$A$1:$Z$166 When I open the spreadsheet and get the address of the named range in the immediate window, it also has the #REF error....

OWA using mix of machine name/FQDN, screwing things up with HTTPS
Hello, We have one particular customer whose SBS 2003 box is giving me some heartburn when it comes to setting up OWA. I've set it up for HTTPS only, and setup permissions the exact same as our other many working OWA systems. Here's what happens when I try and hit the "broken" one: When I go to: https://server.domain.com/exchange, I get prompted for a username and password, which works properly. After login, I get a warning that the page contains a mix of both secure and non secure items. If I don't display the non secure items, I see the two "panes"...