intermittant: internal email Messages queued in deferred delivery queue

Hello all,

I run Exchange server 2003 on Windows Small Business Server 2003.

There is this intermittant problem where internal email is being put in
the deferred delivery queue (and the user did not ask for a deferred
delivery),
and the options to freeze, unfreeze and force the queue are all greyed
out. Nice.

Also, I've been seeing email error messages returned to the user saying
"exchange server couldn't deliver your message within the specified
period", this again happens occasionally for internal email only, and
after 3 days. But this could just be a symptom of the problem above.

Any ideas?

I just increased the logging on "SMTP protocol" and "queuing engine" to
medium, so hopefully we get some intelligent error reports :-)

Cheers,
Wim

Sending message as a delegate
Is there a way for a secretary to send an email that says it's from two people (she is the delegate for both of these people). jschwartz@pattonboggs.com wrote: > Is there a way for a secretary to send an email that says > it's from two people (she is the delegate for both of > these people). A message can come from only one address/account, so, short answer is no. ...

Error message needed if incorrect Date Of Birth (DOB) entered
Hi, In cell D6 I have a DOB entered....in cell E6 I have a datedif function that has 3 conditional formatting set as: 1 - If D6 is blank, E6 is blank. 2 - If DOB in D6 is between 18 - 24 then E6 shows age and cell is yellow. 3 - If DOB in D6 is 25 or over then E6 shows age and cell is blue. What I need is when a DOB is entered in D6 under 16 years old, then D6 returns an error message -" You have Entered an Age under 16 Years - Retry!! ". I have tried Data Validation, but cant get a message from tha as I dont know what to set as the date validation. I do need a...

Why does copy and paste between eMails not work?
Copy no longer copies to the clipboard. Is there a setting I have deleted somewhere? Using Windows 7 and Office 2007 proffessional. Does it work if you restart outlook? Do you have any addins installed that could be erasing the clipboard? I've seen this happen with addins and contacts, but not email. to test, open the new message form before copying so you just need to copy and switch to the other message. (http://www.slipstick.com/Contacts/clipboard.htm) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cent...

Not able to send email from CRM client
Help, please. I cannot get CRM configured to send email from the CRM client software. See error message below. I have tried all the solutions I can find, including: -Confirmed mailserverurl is set correctly on the CRM server and that the specified server is the Exchange server. -Confirmed that the mailserverurl returns well formed XML. -Gave the IUSR_ORCAS user full control of the the "...mailroot/vsi 1" on the exchange box, which is named ORCAS. -Confirmed platformurl setting on Exchange server is correct. -Confirmed that the machines can communicate with each other. What...

Never Ceasing Error Message in My Mailbox
Account: 'cwjamaicA', Server: 'mail.cwjamaica.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Hello, I keep getting the message as stated above in Email box. What does this mean and how can I clear this up. Thanks. Burchie S burchsam@cwjamaica.com ...

How to filter to show only one message from a specific sender/subject
I would like to filter out all but one email with the same subject line from a specific sender. I subscribe to a message board that sends an email every time a posting is made to a thread, instead of just the first posting after I have read the thread. Is there a way for filter out the duplicate messages and just keep the oldest email? Thanks, Brian ...

Incoming Emails
Hello, We installed the CRM1.2 on the same server with exchange. Everything is working fine except that the CRM users can not see incoming emails inside CRM although these emails are CRM emails. Can anybody tell what is the reason of that? Regards, Khalid Do you have installed the Router? The Router is a bridge=20 between the Exchange and the CRM who study the incoming=20 flow of emails and copy to the CRM everything who is of=20 the CRM. I hope who that help you.=20 []'s Vin=EDcius Pitta Lima de Ara=FAjo >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > We installed the CRM1.2 o...

No email stationery when through code
Hi I am creating email via code from access using below; Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application Dim objOutlookMsg As Outlook.MailItem Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objOutlookMsg = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem) objOutlookMsg.To = "recepient@mydomain.com" objOutlookMsg.Subject = "Email Subject" objOutlookMsg.Body = "Dear abc..." objOutlookMsg.Display The problem is that the default signature that is set in outlook doe snot come up in the email. How can I fix it? Thanks Regards Am Sun, 17 Sep 2006 21:11:45 +0100 schri...

Send and Receive All Error Message
When Sending and Receiving before going offline with Outlook XP,(exchange 2000) I get the following error... Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found. ...

no content in the email body
Haven't changed anything knowingly, but now when I receive emails all the content is in a .txt attachment which I open and goes to notepad. There is no content in the email body. "stephen" <no@spam.com> wrote in message news:<#TKSQf$oDHA.2776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>... > Haven't changed anything knowingly, but now when I receive emails all the > content is > in a .txt attachment which I open and goes to notepad. > > There is no content in the email body. I've seen this before with an Outlook 2000 client. Couldn't find a way to fix it,...

Can you delete and empty an open email

Moving Email Domain off of Exchange #2

Restore messages from Exchange database
Our SBS2000 crashed the other day without a backup of Active Directory. We now only have a backup of the exchange database (edb and stm files). The domain has been recreated from fresh and 5 computers were re-joined the domain. Exchange also were installed. Question: what would be the right way to restore the messages from the edb and stm backup copy? Thank you in advance! -jesk Jesk You'll have to recreate the Exchange org and do a restore. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/disrecopgde.mspx Unless you have a flat file recovery tool like Quest R...

Need Hyperlink from Menu Page to work in email
I have a workbook with several tabs. First tab is a "menu" type page (summary of other pages). Currently I have hyperlinks to all the other pages from the menu page. What I want to be able to do is copy the menu page into an email and enable the users to click on the existing hyperlinks (whatever adjustments needed) to go directly to their page of the workbook. Using Excel 2007. Please advise how to do this and what changes may be need for both options to work. ...

View both incoming/outgoing messages by Thread or Conversation ? #2
Is it possible to view messages in outlook 2003 by Thread or Conversation, both incoming and outgoing, in a single folder, or Inbox, just like Outlook Express News Reader. For example: + Sent Message + Received Reply +Sent Message or Replied + Received Reply I tried using Arrange by Conversation Option in outlook 2003 Inbox Folder, but its just showing Inbox Messages, not Sent Items Messages. Best Regards, Luqman ...

Receive triplicate emails
On earthlink webmail, I only receive one of each email. When I "Send/Receive" from Outlook 2000, the Send/Receive window tells me I'm receiving 10 emails, but 30 appear in my inbox. Everything arrives in triplicate or duplicate. Extended headers appear to be the same in all three identical emails. Things I've tried and know: Deleted and then reconfigured my earthlink account many times. There is only one earthlink account. "Leave a copy of messages on server" is unchecked. Turned Earhlink Spamblocker On then Off then On then Off... no change. Sent test m...

Authenticating addresses for sending emails
I installed Office XP for Small Business on my laptop recently. Now, quite often I am getting an error message when I try to send an email to someone that says, "You must first authenticate this email address". Does anyone know how this is done? Thanks, Ken I have Office 2003 and I saw this once in my copy, I found it all I had to do was to add the person to my address book as it was part of the built in Spam filters. -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content Developer www.pdasquare.com "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01fc01c3d94f$...

Email retention policy relative to CRM e-mails tracked from Outloo
Toss up question for the blue team. When one hits "Track in CRM" on an e-mail from outlook we all know that it CREATES an e-mail in the CRM system. The date that the e-mail is created in CRM is placed in the field CreatonDate. When we look at the related record it shows up in order based on the Created Date. The rub is this. What do we do when we have a user who is just coming on board with CRM and they have e-mail history they want to link that goes back years. There does not seem to be any linking relative to the received date. Which is actually much more relevant ...