Installing Active Directory connector?

We are installing a 2003 exchange on a 2003 server in a
2000 domain. We also have a 5.5 sp4 machine running on
2000 sp 4, and once 2003 is installed, we are going to
move the mail boxes from the 5.5 machine. My question is,
do we have to install the active directory connector on
the 2000 Domain server, or could we install it on the
2003 server?
0
anonymous (74722)

eotrue wrote:
> We are installing a 2003 exchange on a 2003 server in a
> 2000 domain. We also have a 5.5 sp4 machine running on
> 2000 sp 4, and once 2003 is installed, we are going to
> move the mail boxes from the 5.5 machine. My question is,
> do we have to install the active directory connector on
> the 2000 Domain server, or could we install it on the
> 2003 server?

Hi,

you could install the ADC where you want!
But, usually, the best choice is to install it on the future Exchange 200X
server, in this case, the Exchange 2003.

Bye.
--
Thierry DEMAN-BARCEL�
MVP Exchange,SQL/Server,[MCSE option Messaging].

ADC synchronizes your Exchange 5.5. diretory with your Windows Active
Directory domain controllers  not your Exchange server . If your
Exchange2003/Windows2003 server is not a domain controller you will of
course have to configure your ADC to synchronize with your Win2000 domain
controller.

--
Dejan Foro
dejan.foro@inet.hr

"Thierry DEMAN (MVP)" <tdemanNOSPAM@normand-info.fr> wrote in message
> eotrue wrote:
> > We are installing a 2003 exchange on a 2003 server in a
> > 2000 domain. We also have a 5.5 sp4 machine running on
> > 2000 sp 4, and once 2003 is installed, we are going to
> > move the mail boxes from the 5.5 machine. My question is,
> > do we have to install the active directory connector on
> > the 2000 Domain server, or could we install it on the
> > 2003 server?
>
> Hi,
>
> you could install the ADC where you want!
> But, usually, the best choice is to install it on the future Exchange 200X
> server, in this case, the Exchange 2003.
>
> Bye.
> --
> Thierry DEMAN-BARCEL�
> MVP Exchange,SQL/Server,[MCSE option Messaging].
> Site personnel: http://webfamilial.dyndns.org/thierry/pageprincipale.htm
> http://tdeman.free.fr/thierry/pageprincipale.htm

0
dforo (10)

POP Connector in SBS
Is it possible to install the pop connector shipped with sbs2003, in standard edition of exchange? i thin it worked well, and i don't like 3party software on my server. Martin wrote: > Is it possible to install the pop connector shipped with sbs2003, in > standard edition of exchange? No. > i thin it worked well, and i don't like > 3party software on my server. You can host your domain's mail yourself without the bother and extra stuff to go wrong... ...

how do I install templates into office 2003 publisher
I downloaded CD Label and Jewel Case Inserts from Poly Line. My problem is I find no way of installing them in MS Office 2003 Publisher. I also downloaded their templates for Word 2003 and they install fine but Word doesn't work like Publisher. I ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I A...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-09-07
Good Day Board, I'm beginning to feel the strain of installing this CRM program and I would like a little more assistance here. I have finally gotten my SQL 2005 server installed and updated. Now I'm trying to install the CRM 3.0 server software now and when it reaches the dialog screen labeled "Specify Reporting Services Server" I hit on a snag. The "Install new Reporting Services server" radio button is grayed out and I do not have a reporting server. When I try to move pass this screen I get "The specified Report Server URL syntax is not valid. Inva...

Installing CRM on SBS2003 gives cannot register security services error
I am trying to install CRM 1.2 on a SBS2003 system that I have in a test lab and I get a cannot register security services error with a retry cancel and ignore buttons. Is this a know issue with a workaround that I missed in the documentation? Bill Walter ----- Bill Walter wrote: ----- I am trying to install CRM 1.2 on a SBS2003 system that I have in a test lab and I get a cannot register security services error with a retry cancel and ignore buttons. Is this a know issue with a workaround that I missed in the documentation? Bill Walter ...

New computer...Activating Outlook 2003
I just purchased a new computer. It came with Outlook 2003 trial on it. I have Outlook 2003 on my old computer so I chose the option to not activate the trial but to use the Product ID of a purchased copy. I did and it says it is an invalid product key. What? It worked just fine when I installed it on my old computer. Why is it not taking the product key? Do I need to unstall the Outlook 2003 on the new computer and re-install it from my cd? Thanks! Goto Add/remove programs and check if you have Office trial version installed if so then uninstall and that should take care of the problem. V...

Connector to Lotus Notes not working
I did a quick search but I think my problem specifically hasn't been covered. I have Outlook 2003, SP2 as a standalone client (no exchange). I'm trying to connect to Lotus Notes (version 6.5.4 on my desktop) but I'm getting an error after adding it in as an email account: The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Please contact your system admin. This worked a month ago, but in that time, I got a new machine, so I had to re-install the connector. Please help! Any ideas? HI ricochet, if you have solved your problem do let us know. I have precisely...

where is "autocalculate" and how do i activate it
Maybe.... In xl2003: Tools|Options|Calculation tab Check Automatic jumpinjj wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

"No resource have been selected for this activity"?
When creating an appointment by clicking the "follow up" button on the screen of a contact, after I fill out the fields on the form assistant and click "Save and Open", I would get this message "No resource have been selected for this activity". Why? and how to get rid of this warning? Thx. ------=_NextPart_0001_0A0CD6AA Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <phw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When creating an appointment by clicking the "follow up" button on the screen > of a contact, after I fill out the field...

Need historical tracking of activity coming into GP via eConnect
Currently if transactions come into GP via eConnect then get deleted for some reason, there is no audit trail of what happened to these transactions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrows...

Who thinks MSFT will NOT release a "non-activation" version of Mon
I know MSFT has about 9 months to meet their promise and release a version of Money that does not require activation, but what is their motivation to do so? It appears that Money's market share was below 20% and who knows how many have already switched to Quicken or will do so by Jan 2011. In order to avoid a PR debacle around stranding users' financial data, I'm beginning to think that MSFT will say that they lent Quicken an MSFT software engineer to create a converter and will give people a coupon for some $$ off quicken 2010 or 2011. Or MS might release an offl...

Installing multiple Notes connector
Hi, I am referring to one of the MS guide, where it says it is possible to install multiple Lotus Connectors for scalability. Well..i tried to install just the connector component along with System manager component; but it refuses to install. My question: Do i need to install whole Exchange server in order to install Lotus COnnector on that server? Or, can i install just the connector component? Thanks, On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 01:01:02 -0800, Jack Dorson <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am referring to one of the MS guide, where it says it is possibl...

installation programs
Hi We have an MFC program and we currently use Wise (old version) for the installation program. It works reasonably well but we want to change to a more up-to-date installation system. Is there anything using Visual Basic or VBScript so I dont have to learn yet another scripting language :) Any advice or information will be much appreciated Phil Why not use Visual Studio/Windows Installer? It can run VBScripts in custom actions; you can create a VB (or C# or C++) installation DLL that will implement the 4 stock custom actions provided by Visual Studio, or you can implement hand...

Installing an upgrade to a new Mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel We are installing new iMacs for our users. We own Office X (original), Office 2004 (upgrade) and Office 2008 (upgrade). We have 6 copies of each (X, 2004 & 2008). How can we install Office 2008 onto the new iMacs? It is being removed from the old macs. Can we just install the 2008 upgrade and then insert the X or 2004 CD when it looks for the old version? What is the correct proceedure? Thanks, Rich Found the answer by trying the install with a new 2008 CD. The installation key determines whether it is an upgrade...

changing directory in which Outlook saves attachments
Hi! Is it possible to change the folder/directory in which Outlook 2002 saves attachments and from which you get files to send as attachment? If yes, how? Thanks for your attention, Andre Laarakker Hello Andre Laarakker, you wrote on Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:43:16 +0200: > Is it possible to change the folder/directory in which Outlook 2002 > saves attachments and from which you get files to send as attachment? > If yes, how? I am not sure, if [1] works in Outlook 2002 too. If not, please do what in [2] is described. [1] http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;25273...

How to install a certificate from a .cer file?
or get the 'CRL_CONTEXT' info from the file, thanks. ...

MAD Monitoring Error after Installing SP1
Installed SP1 on both FE and single BE servers. The BE server is now reporting a MAD Monitoring error and is shown in "Maintenance Mode". The error is: MAD Monitoring is unable to read its configuration from the DS. Error 0x8000ffff. Ran DCdiag and all tests passed. The server has connectivity. Any thoughts? Kathy Leonard ...

Error occurred in deployment step 'Activate Features':
i receive an error when i deploy a simple visual web parts in by VHD ------=_NextPart_0001_A00A1332 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Ansari, Please mention the exact error message you are getting in ULS logs Look into application logs for related error messages. How to get the right set of ULS logs =========================================== Run following command on the Web Front Sever serving the SharePoint site: net stop sptrace net start sptrace These commands will force SharePoint to start logging to a new file. Now try to repr...

CRM 4.0 Installation
I tried to install CRM 4 and it failed,when I try to install again it says the name of the database already exist,what do I do? -- donn Hi, before reinstalling the CRM 4, just open your SQL database and delete the database and meta database that has been created when u try to install CRM 4 at first time. "Donald" wrote: > I tried to install CRM 4 and it failed,when I try to install again it says > the name of the database already exist,what do I do? > -- > donn Hi Sailaja - For additional information on troubleshooting the installation, visit http://www.micr...

unable to create databases during the installation! Pl. Help
Hi! I have done a total fresh installation of ms-crm and loaded exchange as well as sql server but still during the installation of my crm server is gives a message: " Setup unable to create the MS-CRM databases. failed to run script:00 - create mscrm.sql. HRESULT:80040E14. unknown error. Pl. help Hi Kamal, Make sure that you register your SQL Server as your computer name, not as (local) before you install Microsoft CRM Regards, Frans Cahyadi CRM Product Manager Puspa Intimedia Internusa, PT. Phone: +62-21 526-0755 Fax: +62-21 526-0790 "Kamal Vahi" <KamalVahi@discuss...

ALOT of fonts are missing from my newly installed Office XP!
I recently installed office xp and after starting up a few documents I was horrified to realise that I had hardly ANY fonts!!! I knew that Publisher would usually give out the most amount of fonts but even this had a very small number of fonts. I know that these programs are supposed to come with a lot more so what can I do to fix it?!!! Is there somewhere specific I can go instead of searching all those sites to find out where to get this and similar fonts or what? Please help!!! Alessandro wrote: > I recently installed office xp and after starting up a few documents I was > ho...

installation of publisher 2003 #2
I have Office 2003 loaded on my pc, but don't have Publisher. My boss wants me to do some work at home using Publisher, so I want to install it from the Office Pro disk. However, when I opt to just install Publisher (on install wizard), it looks like I am agreeing to remove all my other Office programs by unchecking them and that is definitely not what I want to do. How can I just install Publisher 2003 and safeguard all my other 2003 programs? -- Need help You don't need to agree to remove Office to install Publisher. Are you installing from the Control Panel? It maybe clea...

60 day free MS Office 2007 installation issues
until I receive my new copy of MS Office 2007 I want to use the free 60 day trial but when I try and register the trial key I get a error message that says a communication error has occured try again later??? I need this now and it has been giving me this error all day? HELP!! Was the Trial preinstalled or did you download it from MS? Did you purchase Office on line, and are using the key mailed to you? "HollyZ27" <HollyZ27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D287919-F72A-467F-8018-8C0C2063275F@microsoft.com... > until I receive my new co...

Sharing activities history
Hi, we have created a shared folder for a set of contacts (Exchange server). I want to set up all the activities linked to a contact. A typical use would be so that if a colleague is ill and we have a meeting set up with a contact we can have a quick look at recent communications. I read some previous threads that suggested this was not possible, but they are 3 years old and I was hoping that there had been an update?! We are using Outlook 2007. Thanks, Graeme There hasn't been an update. You are limited to seeing activities in your mailbox or 1 public folder at a time....

Connector for Notes ... Downloading Calendar/headers too frequently
Hello- I recently installed the Outlook Connector for Lotus Notes (using Outlook 2003 and Notes 5.0.11). It seems to work well, but I having a problem in that it seems when I restart Oulook after a shutdown or reboot, it tries to download the entire Calendar again, then download all the headers of all the email messages again, even though they were all synced already. This then causes my Inbox to be updated very slowly until it's finished going though my calendar and email messages. Any idea what's happening? Thanks, Nick ...

Export directory entry type mailboxes as type custom recipients (remote)
Hi, As a prelude to the final, way overdue, extinguishing Exchange 5.5, want I want to do is export from the GAL all the mailboxes in the other sites, but convert them in a single operation to type custom recipients (remote). At which point I will remove our x.400 connector, then import all of the custom recipients back into our own administrative group. I am aware that no further directory synchonization will occur. I am aware that there are solutions for sychronizing between active directories (MIIS, federations, LDAP address books, etc.), but I have no cooperation from any other responsi...