Installed SP1 this yesterday, Now getting 5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1

Any suggestions on how to resolve this.  Email was being sent out to outside
domains fine yesterday, but not today.

contact your system administrator.
  <anothercompany.org #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <someone@anycompany.com>...
Relaying denied>

0
dsfseattle (11)

Run "Quick Test" at http://aboutmydns.com and see if that refers to any
errors

dsfseattle wrote:
> Any suggestions on how to resolve this.  Email was being sent out to outside
> domains fine yesterday, but not today.

> contact your system administrator.
>   <anothercompany.org #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <someone@anycompany.com>...
> Relaying denied>

0
anonymous (74722)
2/15/2005 9:55:38 PM
the end of the status should look like this:
<<< MAIL FROM:
>>> 250 2.1.0 someuser@aboutmyip.com....Sender OK
<<< RCPT TO:
>>> 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for AnInvalidUser@xyz.net
<<< QUIT

that way you are not an open relay, just make sure you can relay for the
domain you need.

-dm

"Bengali Babu" <Anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Run "Quick Test" at http://aboutmydns.com and see if that refers to any
> errors
>

> dsfseattle wrote:
> > Any suggestions on how to resolve this.  Email was being sent out to
outside
> > domains fine yesterday, but not today.

> > contact your system administrator.
> >   <anothercompany.org #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <someone@anycompany.com>...
> > Relaying denied>

0
Dustin

5.5 -> 2003 Move
Greetings, I am currently under the control of a small NT 4 Domain that I am "moving" to 2003. I say moving because I want to start over on a clean slate and will be re-installing all Vital Apps and services on the the new DC's. The Network consists of less than 100 users and is using exchange 5.5 as it's mail server. I would like to know if there are any thoughts or ideas on my current plan of moving mail to the New 2k3 environment. My plan is as follows: 1. I will perform a move of the mailbox stores to .pst/.ost files. (not sure if there is a way to do this from ...

New Installation & Update
I just purchased a new iMac I also purchased another copy of office. After office installed, the auto updater loaded the 11.3.9 Then later the auto updater wanted to install 11.3.8. -At this point I did not do this update, but read the update info pages. Each update states that the previous update needs to be installed FIRST, clear back to 11.3.5 So, since the auto updater installed the 11.3.9 version, do I need to actually install the other regressive updates? or was that update all-inclusive. or do I need to uninstall office and reinstall, then manually install the updates because the aut...

Autotext in Windows 7
I have attached a template which I brought over from Word 2003 to a Word 2009. 1. I have put Autotext on my QAT but when I have a look at it, it shows all templates, rather than the one I need for insertion and addition. I can't find how to have just my template's entries showing. 2. I don't get a list of entries as in 2003 but boxes with the names of the autotext in them; this makes it slow to scroll down and find what I am looking for. Any way around these problem, please? As far as I know, there is no way to accomplish what you want. :-( -- S...

Getting the bottom half of a picture to print
I have pasted a photo (that was emailed to me) into a custom sized document (appox. 5x7). I positioned it near the bottom of the document, but well within the non-printable area (.125" from all edges.) Under Arrange, the margins are all set at .013" I have 2 rows selected (page divided in half). The bottom portion (a little less than 1/2 inch) of the picture is cut off when I print, even tho' Print Preview shows the entire picture. I have to move it up that 1/2 inch or more in order to get the whole picture to print. I can print the whole picture in Word, even tho' i...

"Buttons" are on the side now
Since a few, when I open a message on Outlook, the row of bottons containing File, Edit, View.... is showing up verticallly at the right edge of the message window, rather than horizontally near the top. How do I return them to the old position? Regards, Leo Click and hold on the anchor (typically the line or dots on the left (or in this case the top) side) of the Toolbar and drag it to the location where you want it. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Leo Ke...

Hyperlink #5
Is it possible to make the destination of a hyperlink a graph o graphic -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi not without using VBA and triggering the selection_change event of your worksheet. Have a look at http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon016 for some code Frank > Is it possible to make the destination of a hyperlink a graph or > graphic? ...

Can not seem to get Csharp to talk to the sql compact 3.5 database
Hi I am new to csharp. I am trying to get my Csharp windows app to connect to the sql compact database. I am using Visual Csharp Express 2008 and I created the database using the Csharp express IDE. It is in the project folder. I created the tables and added elements to the table manually with the IDE. So the IDE seems to connect to the database. I can also contact the database using the SQL Server management studio. When I created the database I had the connection string placed in the config.app file. A string does appear to exist there. When I run the app. I can not seem to g...

install
can someone point out a white paper/links for installation of CRM 3.0 My company has 23 employees looking to load up all our sales reps with CRM on their outlook. TIA cheeck out the impl guide: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ff067f8-4f77-40f0-ae9c-68ada7d4f16a&DisplayLang=en "Vai2000" wrote: > can someone point out a white paper/links for installation of CRM 3.0 My > company has 23 employees looking to load up all our sales reps with CRM on > their outlook. > > TIA > > > I have to say, I'm currently in process wi...

Getting the Average on Items
When I get an invoice I input the cost of a particular item, and I have SO Manager set up under Configuration Cost Update Method (Weighted Average), isn't this suppose to give me the average of an item if I purchased it once at $2 then next time at $2.50 for an average of $2.25? Doesn't seem to be working??? -- Thank You Vince :) it depends on the quantity you still have at the old price and the quantity you receive at the new price... if you have 1 on hand that you bought at $2, and you receive 1 at 2.50, then yes, the weighted avg. is going to be $2.25. if you have 0 on ...

Site Connector Queue Stuck SMTP
Hi Using Exchange 2003. 2 Questions. a) Is there any known issues with having DFS shares on a Exchange Server. The shares are on a different drive to that of Exchange. ? b) Mail is queued and stuck on a Site Connector ( Routing Group Connector). I have 3 Routing Groups RG1 RG2 RG3. RG1 is connected to RG2 and RG3. RG1 server is the bridge head to other RGs. Messages from RG1 get delivered OK to RG2 and RG3, but messages from RG2 and RG3 does not get delivered to RG1, they are stuck in the queue. There are DCs/GCs in each of these RG sites. Additional queue information on these stuck queue...

Setting for outgoing SMTP
Hi, I've got problems sending mails to hotmail and msn accounts. I tracked down the problem by the following steps: Setup: static IP, all DNS settings ok (forward/reverse), checked by http://www.dnsstuff.com/ Single Ex2k3 on Win2k3, current patches. Problem: Mails to hotmail and msn get delayed and canceled by NDR. I enabled logging for smtp and tried to send manual, by logging in by telnet directly from the server (so same ip). I did the "helo" way: helo (my dns) mail from: sender rcpt to: recipient@hotmail.com data bla .. Mail got delivered, everything ok. I found no ...

Deleted messages
Hello, I just installed the Microsoft explorer 6. Running the default installation, it installed automatically Outlook Express 6 and deleted or desactivated Outlook 97. Consecuently, I lost the local outgoing, incoming, etc messages I had for Outlook 97. How do I recover or import those messages to the corresponding folders in Outlook Express 6? Where those folders/messages went? My computer runs Windows 98 as operative system. Thank you, Luis Mira ...

Exchange 5.5 in a Windows 2000 Environment
Is it possible to run an Exchange 5.5 server as the only Exchange server in a Windows 2000 environment? On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 14:21:48 -0600, Randy Dalton <RPDalton@bibb.com> wrote: >Is it possible to run an Exchange 5.5 server as the only Exchange server >in a Windows 2000 environment? Absolutley, even though you have AD, you don't need to run an AD aware messaging platform. You can stick with 5.5 and choose whether or not to deploy the ADC to enable single point administration or alternatively just carry on with a separate directory as is the case in 5.5/NT4 environments. ...

Get the name of the version
Hi, When I used the Application.version it gave me a number like 10.0, how I can get the corresponding name of the the version like Excel 97, Excel 2002... ? Thank you. There is no property that returns the full name of the product, as far as I know. You could make your own little lookup/conversion routine as there are not that many versions. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Ben" <barben02@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:263001c41ca8$1d03faa0$3501280a@phx.gbl... | Hi, | | When I used the Application.version it gave me a number | like 10.0, how I can get the corresponding name...

Installing Office2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I purchased the Office 2008 package - it seems the only way to install is via the CD. I just bought the iMac which doesn't come with a CD drive. Is there anyway to download the software or will I need to purchase an external drive? Ok - I feel really dumb! I found what I needed to install the software. No need to respond. HELP!!! I have just got Office:mac 2008 and have received a message on screen after double clicking saying "There is no default application to specified to open the document "Office Inst...

Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed 04-04-06
This message comes from the Microsoft CRM Server Setup. The crm30svrsetup.log has error - 14:36:41| Error| Check ExportXmlValidator : Failure: Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed. When you press help I get a "Mal-formed XML found in Microsoft CRM 1.2 Exported Saved Queries" which explains nothing! Somebody else must have a similar error! ......... Bob H Hi Bob, We had this with a customer. We ended up un-installing MS CRM 1.2 and running MS CRM 3 install by simply connecting to the 1.2 db's. However, we ran a series of scripts against the CRM db's (before 3 se...

word, excel, etc on XP try to install with each use
I work for a small non-profit with a bunch of hand me down computers. When I open Word, the system 'installs' it every time. It's a pain, but I can deal. Today is the first time I've tried to use Excel, it goes through the same process but dosen't open and gives Error 1706. I don't have the install disks, but I do have the product number. Help!!! ...

sending attachments #5
When I try to send attachments of any size, small or large, I get a "N transport provider was available for delivery to recipient" erro message. Regular e-mails without attachments go through no problem, an SOMETIMES the attachments will go thru anyway, but sometimes not...n way of knowing. I use Outlook through AOL to get to my remote host. The host say their server is fine and not doing the choking. AOL of course say isn't their problem. What is up and what can I do? BTW..incoming always works with or without attachments. Thanx, Georg ----------------------------------...

new 2005 money install only freezes
I tried getting help by phone, but since I was frozen I couldn't give the serial number. Now I can because it will work with sample file only. I went from 2004 to 2005 but within 5 seconds it always freezes. It sounds like Microsoft does not really want to support this product??? Why?? This is the small business edition and I thought they would support their products. In microsoft.public.money, Shawn wrote: >I tried getting help by phone, but since I was frozen I couldn't give the >serial number. Now I can because it will work with sample file only. I went >from 2004 ...

Installing eConnect and logging in
I am trying to get eConnect 8.0 installed on my computer. I have MS/ GP 8.0 installed and running fine with the sample company. When I try to install eConnect, I had issues with the connection string. I have SQL Server, GP all on one box. There is no Domain setup for our local network. I finally got the connection string to be accepted when I used the localhost IP (127.0.0.1) for the data source. (Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=DYNAMICS;Data Source=127.0.0.1). Now I get to a dialog that is asking for the Domain\Login and password ...

Word does not recognize certain fonts that I installed.
I downloaded several Helvetica fonts (e.g., bold, light, Italic, etc.) and stored them under C: Windows, Fonts. The drop-down list in Word only shows the "standard" Helvetica font and not the others. These fonts were transferred from my Apple computer and show up in the directory as True Type fonts, like all my others. Any ideas? Thank you. Word uses the variants when you apply bold or italic formatting; bold, italic, and bold italic variants are never shown in the font list. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA ...

1 computer, 2 users, 1 Outlook???
My wife and I have just bought our first home computer. HP Pavillion with Windows XP and MS Office Basic. We both use MS Outlook at work and have for the last 5 + years. Because we both have VERY different likes and dislikes as to how our desktop looks, mouse operates, programs appear, etc. I have set up two users on the system. Is it possible for Outlook to synchronize all of it's information between the two users? For example, currently whoever is the logged on user receives the email in their version of Outlook and then when a new user logs on that information is not available. W...

Sync new WinMobile 6.1 unit fails
All, I had to switch to a refurb unit of my WinMobile 6.1 phone so again set up my OneNote. However I ended up with a new "name" for the phone. I thought the first sync would set up a new section for the arriving or sending OneNote files/pages. I get errors, however, only labeled "OneNote: Attention required." There is a notebook on my laptop called "OneNote Mobile" it has the old section in it. All other programs sync just fine. I have searched the Help files in OneNote and the ActiveSynce user group run by Microsoft. No luck. Surprisingly the...

Getting Spam Email as if i were sending it to myself
Recently, I have been getting Spam E mail as if it were being sent by myself. I have set up rules that get rid of most of the junk, but have also set a rule to not block mail from personal contacts including my own address. With that rule, somehow I am getting spam mail as if i sent it to myself. Anyone know whats causing this and the cure?? If you define a rule to allow e-mail from known senders (i.e., in your contact-type folder or address book) and then you also include a record there for yourself, well, then you've designated yourself as one of those known senders. Do you of...

Getting Error 70 Permission Denied on Kill
I have a routine that opens a file for input, reads it, line by line, closes it and immediately Kills it. I am getting a Error 70, Permission Denied when Killing it. Any suggestions on what's causing this and what to do about it? "jim evans" <jimsTAKEOUTnews2@houston.rr.com> wrote in message news:7uhrl5ll9r8qtrbgvnb1791iej9h5f1u8l@4ax.com... >I have a routine that opens a file for input, reads it, line by line, > closes it and immediately Kills it. I am getting a Error 70, > Permission Denied when Killing it. > > Any suggestions on what'...