I got a new server to move my Exchange Server Installation. I want to
keep the name I'm using now for my Server. Already read TechNet Article
"How to Move Exchange Server 2003 to New Hardware and Keep the Same
Server Name". Is there anything else that I should be aware of that is
not on this TechNet article? I'm using a different Disk Configuration,
does this matters? Should this be a smooth process?

Thanks for any help you can give.

0
nutekpr (2)

The drive letters MUST match, because the paths of the databases are at the
Active Directory. The disks can have different sizes than the original ones,
but the letter must match

--
Jorge Patricio D�az Guzm�n
MVP Exchange 2006

----

On 26 Sep 2006 21:29:22 -0700, "dotnetdotorg" <nutekpr@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I got a new server to move my Exchange Server Installation. I want to
>keep the name I'm using now for my Server. Already read TechNet Article
>"How to Move Exchange Server 2003 to New Hardware and Keep the Same
>Server Name". Is there anything else that I should be aware of that is
>not on this TechNet article? I'm using a different Disk Configuration,
>does this matters? Should this be a smooth process?
>
>Thanks for any help you can give.

Drive letters must match. I think the article states that however.
Also, you may see the System Attendant not start after installation.
See:
"System Attendant does not start after disaster recovery installation,
and event ID 9022, 9149, 1005 messages occur"
0
adavid (8731)
9/27/2006 12:59:46 PM
Thanks.

Andy David - MVP wrote:
> On 26 Sep 2006 21:29:22 -0700, "dotnetdotorg" <nutekpr@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I got a new server to move my Exchange Server Installation. I want to
> >keep the name I'm using now for my Server. Already read TechNet Article
> >"How to Move Exchange Server 2003 to New Hardware and Keep the Same
> >Server Name". Is there anything else that I should be aware of that is
> >not on this TechNet article? I'm using a different Disk Configuration,
> >does this matters? Should this be a smooth process?
> >
> >Thanks for any help you can give.
>
> Drive letters must match. I think the article states that however.
> Also, you may see the System Attendant not start after installation.
> See:
> "System Attendant does not start after disaster recovery installation,
> and event ID 9022, 9149, 1005 messages occur"

0
nutekpr (2)

Window panes in Outlook 2003
Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a preview pane for the selected e-mail, evidently. I can find no way to eliminate the window pane. Is there a way to remove this pane? How? I've tried every VIEW combination with no success. View > Reading Pane > Off doesn't work? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jay" <jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C953EF40-873E-4A04-93A8-FE101A547D0D@microsoft.com... > Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a > preview pane for the selected e-m...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

removing replicated table information from MS Office Access 2003
I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. If I import the file without any replicated information (ie. s_ColLineage, etc) how would this affect the database? Is it safe to do this? Would I be better off just making the tables not replicable? Thanks On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 03:33:07 -0800, DukeJon <DukeJon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Assuming your Access database does not need replicating, yes, it is safe to omit those fields during import. -Tom. >I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. >If I import the f...

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Exchange update problem

Standalone install of Office 98 Upgrade?

Exchange for remote users/offices
Up to this point i've used SBS 2003 with POP3 (using Popbeamer)...the reason i chose this from the get go was because we have about 15 users here on site and about another 20 that are scattered across the globe. I didn't want to be in charge of mail for those that weren't here remotely, so figured just using the POP3 route was the way to go. Well, i'm preparing to move to SBS 2008 and REALLY want to set it up as a true Exchange server hosing the mail. But, again, am not sure i want to deal with the other 20 users if i don't have to. So, is there a way to set up ...

New Disk storage

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook 2003

transferring to new pc

How to restore entire server?

M2006 installation
I don't have an internet connection and I can't get past the Passport sign-in screen upon installation. Is there a way to install without an internet connection? Thank you. -- Mark M This install is from a CD? Somewhere on that screen or the previous one, in small type, is a cancel/skip/no I really don't want to use a Passport choice. I'd be more precise, but I can't test here. "Mark M" <MarkM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DBDC16A-8EA8-473D-AC7F-E16B9DCE75D6@microsoft.com... > I don't have an internet connection and I can...

Addressing within Exchange 2003

owa not resolving names properly
Exchange 5.5 sp4 - just recently OWA is not resolving addresses properly - the administrator at this site states: > There is a strange situation happening when using OWA to send emails. If > we try to send an email to an account out of our domain (i.e. > jravazzano@yahoo.com) the recipient name and domain get wrongly resolved > to our own domain thus generating a message undeliverable. > > For example using OWA a test email was sent to "jravazzano@yahoo.com" the > address gets resolved to j@ourdomain.com The admin is going to give me an account to test with, but...