I got a new server to move my Exchange Server Installation. I want to
keep the name I'm using now for my Server. Already read TechNet Article
"How to Move Exchange Server 2003 to New Hardware and Keep the Same
Server Name". Is there anything else that I should be aware of that is
not on this TechNet article? I'm using a different Disk Configuration,
does this matters? Should this be a smooth process?

Thanks for any help you can give.

0
nutekpr (2)

The drive letters MUST match, because the paths of the databases are at the
Active Directory. The disks can have different sizes than the original ones,
but the letter must match

--
Jorge Patricio D�az Guzm�n
MVP Exchange 2006

----

On 26 Sep 2006 21:29:22 -0700, "dotnetdotorg" <nutekpr@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I got a new server to move my Exchange Server Installation. I want to
>keep the name I'm using now for my Server. Already read TechNet Article
>"How to Move Exchange Server 2003 to New Hardware and Keep the Same
>Server Name". Is there anything else that I should be aware of that is
>not on this TechNet article? I'm using a different Disk Configuration,
>does this matters? Should this be a smooth process?
>
>Thanks for any help you can give.

Drive letters must match. I think the article states that however.
Also, you may see the System Attendant not start after installation.
See:
"System Attendant does not start after disaster recovery installation,
and event ID 9022, 9149, 1005 messages occur"
0
adavid (8731)
9/27/2006 12:59:46 PM
Thanks.