I got a new server to move my Exchange Server Installation. I want to
keep the name I'm using now for my Server. Already read TechNet Article
"How to Move Exchange Server 2003 to New Hardware and Keep the Same
Server Name". Is there anything else that I should be aware of that is
not on this TechNet article? I'm using a different Disk Configuration,
does this matters? Should this be a smooth process?

Thanks for any help you can give.

0
nutekpr (2)

The drive letters MUST match, because the paths of the databases are at the
Active Directory. The disks can have different sizes than the original ones,
but the letter must match

--
Jorge Patricio D�az Guzm�n
MVP Exchange 2006

----

On 26 Sep 2006 21:29:22 -0700, "dotnetdotorg" <nutekpr@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I got a new server to move my Exchange Server Installation. I want to
>keep the name I'm using now for my Server. Already read TechNet Article
>"How to Move Exchange Server 2003 to New Hardware and Keep the Same
>Server Name". Is there anything else that I should be aware of that is
>not on this TechNet article? I'm using a different Disk Configuration,
>does this matters? Should this be a smooth process?
>
>Thanks for any help you can give.

Drive letters must match. I think the article states that however.
Also, you may see the System Attendant not start after installation.
See:
"System Attendant does not start after disaster recovery installation,
and event ID 9022, 9149, 1005 messages occur"
0
adavid (8731)
9/27/2006 12:59:46 PM
Thanks.

Andy David - MVP wrote:
> On 26 Sep 2006 21:29:22 -0700, "dotnetdotorg" <nutekpr@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I got a new server to move my Exchange Server Installation. I want to
> >keep the name I'm using now for my Server. Already read TechNet Article
> >"How to Move Exchange Server 2003 to New Hardware and Keep the Same
> >Server Name". Is there anything else that I should be aware of that is
> >not on this TechNet article? I'm using a different Disk Configuration,
> >does this matters? Should this be a smooth process?
> >
> >Thanks for any help you can give.
>
> Drive letters must match. I think the article states that however.
> Also, you may see the System Attendant not start after installation.
> See:
> "System Attendant does not start after disaster recovery installation,
> and event ID 9022, 9149, 1005 messages occur"

0
nutekpr (2)

New Disk storage

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Exchange update problem

Standalone install of Office 98 Upgrade?

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

owa not resolving names properly
Exchange 5.5 sp4 - just recently OWA is not resolving addresses properly - the administrator at this site states: > There is a strange situation happening when using OWA to send emails. If > we try to send an email to an account out of our domain (i.e. > jravazzano@yahoo.com) the recipient name and domain get wrongly resolved > to our own domain thus generating a message undeliverable. > > For example using OWA a test email was sent to "jravazzano@yahoo.com" the > address gets resolved to j@ourdomain.com The admin is going to give me an account to test with, but...

adding name /creating field/query?

Exchange 2k3 imap VS startup

M2006 installation
I don't have an internet connection and I can't get past the Passport sign-in screen upon installation. Is there a way to install without an internet connection? Thank you. -- Mark M This install is from a CD? Somewhere on that screen or the previous one, in small type, is a cancel/skip/no I really don't want to use a Passport choice. I'd be more precise, but I can't test here. "Mark M" <MarkM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DBDC16A-8EA8-473D-AC7F-E16B9DCE75D6@microsoft.com... > I don't have an internet connection and I can...

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Creating new attributes

How to restore entire server?

Outlook 2003