Information store stops unexpectedly with error 4182, 3039, 4116, 4094

We have exchange 5.5 with SP4 and we are recently experiencing this issue where the information store and IMS stops unexpectedly with the above Event IDs. I have tried the suggestions in the MS KB article 322829 but did not help much. I have also tried the mdbvu32.exe tool, but there are no bad messages in the folder. Any help with this is appreciated

Thank you.
0
anonymous (74722)

I have had the same problem 4 times over the course of 10 days. After the
second crash,  I applied the hotfix from Q325939.

24 hours later, it crashed again. I opened a case with microsoft and they
gave me another hotfix. It upgraded my store.exe from v5.5.2656.60 to
5.5.2656.84. (sorry, don't know the Q reference)

Three days later, it crashed again.  Microsoft tech support had me check the
BAD folder with GWclient. Nothing was there. They referred me to:

How to View or Delete Messages in MTS-IN and MTS-OUT Queues

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;165505

Verifying the Configuration of an Internet Mail Service

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;182339

Troubleshooting the MTA Queue to the Internet Mail Service

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;234065

My case is still pending. The tech suggested I do an offline defrag of my
databases (priv is approx 20.9GB)  per Q192185. I haven't done that yet. It
has been almost 2 weeks since my last crash atlthough with christmas at a
University, most of my users are gone.

"Ali" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have exchange 5.5 with SP4 and we are recently experiencing this issue
where the information store and IMS stops unexpectedly with the above Event
IDs. I have tried the suggestions in the MS KB article 322829 but did not
help much. I have also tried the mdbvu32.exe tool, but there are no bad
messages in the folder. Any help with this is appreciated.

> Thank you.

0
paulp1 (3)
12/19/2003 8:21:10 PM
Hi Nancy,
Profinst can be a PITA, I've found it's easier to simply create the profile
through the registry. This article will explain how to do that:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/q165/5/05.asp&NoWebContent=1
--
hth,
SusanV

"Nancy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have experienced this problem sporadically, but it has grown
exponentially with the newest Worm.  I have updated everything I know to
update (IE, Windows, etc.), applied patches, cleaned out the imcdata/In and
/Out folders, etc.  I have had a hard time finding anything about event
4094, and am sure I missed some hot fixes.  Can you tell me how to get to
the one you referenced?

> I've tried following the directions in "How to View or Delete Messages in
MTS-IN and MTS-OUT Queues, downloaded teh Profinst program, but I neverf see
the place to enter the information to set up the profile to then use MDB
View.  I am obviously overlooking something.  I'm afraid I have no knowledge
of the GWclient.  Can you tell me where to find it, and how to use it?

> Any suggestions would be helpful

0
svanallen (210)
1/28/2004 5:10:10 PM
Susan,

I fully agree. :-)  I already have the article you referred to, but none of the registry keys it mentions (MSExchangeIMC xxxxxxxxxx) are in the registry under that drill-down.  That's why I was stumped.  I wasn't sure if I needed to do to add it.  I am not an Exchange administrator, although I am responsible for our Exchange Server (as well as many other servers).  I am not opposed to doing something myself, and I have no problem with working in the registry.  I just do not have the background to create a key out of the blue.  And it has been working pretty well until recently, so I wasn't sure it was needed.  We are going to be migrating to Exchange 2003 in the next few weeks.  I'm just trying to keep 5.5 going until then.  Unfortunately, every server is a bit different.  However, it is working for now.  Thanks for your reply.

Nancy
0
anonymous (74722)

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Error in Outlook Today

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

stop error defeating me

Error in database....

error 553

80070005 error #2

convert to stored proc
Hello. I have been given a conversion assignment to convert Access db (frontend) with sql server 2005 backend to be included in a new webapp that is being constructed. Unfortunately, my stored proc creating is a bit weak and I'm not afraid to admit it. With that said, I came across an Access query that is puzzling me. Here it is; SELECT Purchase Orders *, POSO Relationships.SONumber AS RelatedSONumber, IIf([POSOType], [POSOType], 'Standard') AS POSOTypeFull, POSORelationships.MTXRMA, POSORelationships.SupplierRMA, POSORelationships.POSOType FROM PurchaseOrders ...

Protection/hide information
Good morning, If anyone has any useful web links for information regarding protection/hide information for 2000 & 2002 generally to broaden my knowledge that would be great. Thanks. Not really sure what you're looking for, but here's some info on worksheet/workbook protection: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html In article <O1SJMW$VEHA.4064@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, "Kassie Alcorn" <marketing@qld.apollopatio.com.au> wrote: > If anyone has any useful web links for information regarding protection/hide > information for 2000 & ...

CRM Error

smtp authentification errors
Hello, I just installed Exchange 2003. It all works fine. I=B4m now=20 retrieving the emails via pop-con and pop3. However I=20 cannot send any authenticicated emails, because the=20 exchange server sends a wrong authentification account to=20 the mail provider, despite the fact, that the right one to=20 be used is enterd. The mail provider tells me that he recives a smtp call,=20 but it=B4s aborted by his server. We do not have a static IP but a dynamic IP, that changes=20 every 24 hours. If a messages is sent to an existing hotmail account the=20 following error message is displayed in the ...

#error in the calculated field
Hello, I locked the data entered for some users, because their role is just to input the date of invoice for approval by Prj.Manager. My qeustion is, is it the reason we see the "# error" in the VAT checking field??. I tried to ck formula in the qrid query, nothing wrong Thanks for your explanation -- H. Frank Situmorang On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 23:33:01 -0800, Frank Situmorang <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I locked the data entered for some users, because their role is just to >input the date of invoice for approval by Prj.Manager. > >My q...

Error when changing average perpetual
I Have the following error in Microsoft Dynamics GP on the screen of average perpetual "Message #10577 Missing" somebody knows about this??? Thankļæ½s. Gabriela Martinez. ...

No free/busy information could be retrieved #2
Recently migrated from 5.5 to exch 2003, once the 5.5 server was turned off, user's free/busy information in the calendar is not available, if the 5.5 machine is turned back on it is there. Does anyone know what I need to so that the info is available when the 5.5 server is off? -- Thanks ...

Store.exe processes
Every morning I check my exchange 5.5 mail server I notice that Store.exe processes is using over 50% of CPU time. This continues and when user try start to logon the server becomes unavailale and the requires a restart. I have applied various patches that microsoft recommended and it still doesn't help. When the server crashes it logs error "Background Cleanup" "event 1101". Microsoft suggestions doesn't work. If anyone ever had this problem please let me know your course of action to resolve the issue. ps. Once rebooted, the server runs all day with an issu...

Multiple Stores and HQ Client
We have 12 stores all together that need to synchronize with HQ Server, this works fine if we alternate each of them to update once an hour, one store 5 minutes after the hour, next store 10 minutes after the hour and so on. I know we can also synchronize each of them for every five minutes or whatever interval throughout the hour. The first situation does not synchronize often enough because we have to release credit holds and things of that nature; the second solution bogs down all the servers and makes doing other store stock checks and what not next to near impossible. Is there a...

Outlook MAPI (WMS idle error message while shutting down)
I am loading the mapi32/mapisp32 dll in my program. When I shut down while my program is still running, I am getting "WMS Idle" message. 1. While shutting down, why i am not getting 'fnevCriticalError' notification in my IMAPIAdviseSink class?? and 2. What exactly is causing the WMS Idle message ? Any help will be appreciated... ...

Excel.Range.Name gives error an exception
Hi All, I am trying to execute below code but it gives me an COMException ///// Code Start //// public string GetName(Excel.Range range) { try { if (range.Name != null) { Excel.Name name = range.Name as Name; if (name.Name != null || name.Name.Length != 0) { return name.Name; } return string.Empty; } return string.Empty; } catch(Exception e) { return string.Empty; } } ///// Code End //// Now every time my very third line "if (range.Name != null)" gives me Exception an except...

WSDLReader error '80020009'
Hello, I have created an ASP page that calls a local webservice. Everything works fine on my system but once it is deployed to the server I get the following error. WSDLReader error '80020009' WSDLReader:XML Parser failed at linenumber 0, lineposition 0, reason is: WINHTTP5.DLL or higher must be registered to use the ServerXMLHTTP object. HRESULT=0x1: Incorrect function. - WSDLReader:Loading of the WSDL file failed HRESULT=0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect. - Client:One of the parameters supplied is invalid. HRESULT=0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect. Development Environme...

Private store has 4GB of mail and its size is 16GB!?
Anyone know why would a Exchange 2000 SE that has 4GB of mail on it have 16GB priv1.edb private store? It had bad backups and a lot of logs - we fixed backup on it and the logs cleared - is now the only way to recover space in the database to do offline defrag (online defrag did not do much at all)??? Thanks! -- Dejan Ristic yes...only way to recover disk space is to perform an offline defrag...before you do that, check for event ID 1221 in your event log to find out how much space you can expect to recover...and before you do the defrag, ensure you have a good full online backup... ...

Error deleting a contact? How?
This is very odd. The CUserAuth I'm using to do this has Administrator rights, and there's no problem deleting any other contact. The difference is that this contact is held by a user that also has Administrator rights. The error I get is: @"80040220The user does not hold the necessary privileges.The caller does not hold the privilege with ID: {7E1CDC99-5379-429B-A8D2-AB6FE15F862B} D:\crm\Build\3297 \src\platform\include\OMCommon\OMSecurity.inl941" So the question is this - how do I delete users owned by other administrators? If you search the MS CRM SDK (or msdn...

POS 2009 store setup crash
We are trying to move from RMS 2.0 to POS 2009 and are in the testing process for POS 2009 on Windows 7 machines. When setting up POS 2009 we are able to get as far as the Store Setup Wizard page where we choose creating a new store database or using a database we already have. If we choose the option "I already have a store database", the setup wizard crashes with the error: POSEnsureConnection.exe has stopped working We have not found any resources with this error and have not heard from Microsoft regarding this bug either. Any information about this error or anything ...

Can I create a command box fora macro to be stored on my toolbar